This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
20 Pages123>>Next
 35 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:29:03 PM(UTC)
I'm so disappointed that class based rivals are missing. It feels like the launch of FM7 all over again.

I would like to be able to jump in my favourite cars and attempt each event in rivals mode,

What we are being offered is far too prescriptive.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:43:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:33:37 PM(UTC)
There's a rivals mode in Horizon?
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:36:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
There's a rivals mode in Horizon?

There is, but like FM7 at launch it is a shadow of the rivals offered in H2 and H3. Have you never played the game?
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:10:17 PM(UTC)
I put many hours into each of them. Don't recall a Rivals mode. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a related Achievement for Rivals that I acquired and yet still don't recall it, either. I remember them in FM7 only because there was the occasional participation award that made them marginally worthwhile.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:28:34 PM(UTC)
It is in there when you go in to the Autumn season. They appear at the same time as blueprints.
They are templated versions, i.e. car class and type such as Classic Muscle at C500 at early morning etc.

I quite like this method as it seems fairer to me and a bit more quality controlled If you are running in a work where weather is constantly changing and therefore traction, then it will be hard to always get ideal conditions to run the rival event.
 20 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:14:00 PM(UTC)
Majorly disappointed. The direction we should be moving in is a leaderboard for every car in every class. Sortable. The more stats the better. But we go backward? They can simulate physics and now the weather, but spreadsheets of data are too much? Baffled. Maybe full leaderboards unlock later? I'd hope so because it's day 1, or day -3, and I'm wondering how my attention is going to be kept.

In these games, I build cars, tune and race .... over and over and over. I race ghost after ghost to test the cars. I compare them to each other and I compare them to others of the same type on the leaderboards ... and then I move to the next car. I do this for the full garage, so it takes forever ... it's 95% what I do in the game. So now I can only test my times against myself, and only if I record the times myself, pen and paper, like when I played video games last century? No leaderboards in a driving game with races, no meat and potatoes. Not pleased. I had just recently regained my love for Horizon 3, using rivals alot, and was looking forward to this game, planning to play it the same way. Ironic.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:12:13 PM(UTC)
I am only after 1.5 hours of the game ... there is no rivals mode at all? or just something different from the previous FH3
Proud member of the "TiDY" club
#8 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 12:13:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raphaeluss Go to Quoted Post
I am only after 1.5 hours of the game ... there is no rivals mode at all? or just something different from the previous FH3

From what I see so far, it's like the monthly rivals in FH3 for the festival events and street race rivals. You can't use any car, there are restrictions for each route. For example, one route allowed only B class hot hatches and nothing else. Another allowed only a bone stock something or other.

There are still monthly rivals, too.
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 1:25:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
I put many hours into each of them. Don't recall a Rivals mode. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a related Achievement for Rivals that I acquired and yet still don't recall it, either. I remember them in FM7 only because there was the occasional participation award that made them marginally worthwhile.

I suppose everyone plays these games differently. After completing everything, it is the only thing that I do. I use the Rivals leaderboards to organise weekly HLCs from the Tuner’s section.

The only possible salvation could be Route Creator, but that isn’t available until the end of October.

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 1:32:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 3:15:25 AM(UTC)
After 5h gameplay, the game is dead for me. No classed based rivals , so I’m not interested in this game.
Fun Drivers Bodensee
#11 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 3:54:49 AM(UTC)
so there is no rival list in each class and on each route? with which you can compete?
Proud member of the "TiDY" club
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 4:40:10 AM(UTC)
Glad I'm passing on this one, Rivals has always been the best part imo.
Thrustmaster TX on a homemade wooden frame on Xbox one

40" Samsung TV on a Slider to adjust for using dash view

#13 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 4:49:01 AM(UTC)
in previous horizon's the rivals were listed by event and in each event "race location" there was class based rivals. is it not like that with this version?
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 4 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:06:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
in previous horizon's the rivals were listed by event and in each event "race location" there was class based rivals. is it not like that with this version?

No, i’m afraid not. Sad 😕
 3 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:22:13 AM(UTC)
let's all pray they revert back to the old system very soon!! thanks Moss!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 7:49:09 AM(UTC)
I completely agree with OP, this is very disappointing. It's one of the features of Forza that (aside from tuning) I spent most of my time on. I missed it a lot in FM7 and now it's still missing in FH4 despite the many complaints regarding this feature not being included in FM7.
 5 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 8:15:02 AM(UTC)
I was thinking we had to make class-specific blueprints to access class rivals, but the Rivals menu is unrelated.

It's certainly disappoining that they added class-specific blueprints, but not rivals. And it hurts the HLCs as well. :(

Without class rivals, what happens is simple: unrated X999 cars (or S2 998, don't remember) will dominate, which in the Horizon franchise doesn't give many choices when it comes to competitive play.

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 8:17:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 4 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 10:41:36 AM(UTC)
It is disappointing. In fact, it's bizarre given the back-pedalling and their eventual inclusion in FM7, and it's at direct odds with the 'progress in your own way' sales pitch. It takes the shine off what otherwise seems to be an excellent game. Maybe it will appear in the future though (along with overall leaderboards as long as I'm hoping for stuff).
 4 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 12:48:14 PM(UTC)
Bummed to read of this also, I spent a lot of time in FH3 Rivals trying to shave off that 1/2 second or so from another player's run...
 10 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 1:16:18 PM(UTC)
I can't believe they do this a 2nd time.
Is it really too much to ask for a little bit non-PvP-related long term content in this series?

There are people, who don't want to race online for months, PG/T10.
There are people, who want Time Attack!
Even the oldest racing games in my library (N64/PS) have a Time Attack-Mode for all tracks.

I think its time for another outcry till they get it.
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 5:33:14 PM(UTC)
+1 to this. 90%+ of my game time is spent climbing class-based Rivals ladders.
Hoping it's a coming-soon-just-not-quite-ready-at-launch omission.
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:43:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Coprican Go to Quoted Post
Hoping it's a coming-soon-just-not-quite-ready-at-launch omission.

Amen to that. Aside from this issue, I'm liking the game and I'm really trying not to go all negative even before Day One. If they do add this completely 100% necessary feature in a not unreasonable of time, like people seem to be saying happened with FM7 (although I don't know how long it took), then I'll be OK with it. And maybe some extra time will allow them to put some effort into trying to give us a leaderboard that doesn't have holes that can be exploited. That large bottom tile under the Rivals tab that has advertisements ... the ads there seem out of place since I don't think there's a tile like that under all tabs. In FH3, that tile of ads was under the Social tab. Hopefully that tile ends up being a proper class-based rivals.

Being positive about stuff really ain't my thing, though.

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 6:51:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:59:17 AM(UTC)
Rivals are the best part of past games and where I spend at least half of my time. My whole enjoyment comes from building cars and then testing them and trying to climb the leaderboards. My goal in the past has always been to post reasonable rivals scores in every track and in every class. Most of this game is useless to my enjoyment but rivals certainly were not and my prime source of enjoyment.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!
 8 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:21:53 AM(UTC)
Removing features from previous games and adding fortnite dances. Way to go dev team your the best.
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:06:41 AM(UTC)
I hope they're coming because I spent hours on the Goliath track seeing how far I could lower my A class time. I just finished the Colossus race and went to redo it in Rivals only to find I have to do it in an S class Ferrari. I'm not a fan of anything above A class and I don't like super/hypercars so being forced to drive that car just so I can do that track is very disappointing.
20 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error