9 Pages123>>Next
 4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:48:06 AM(UTC)
My forza horison 4 wont launch it opens for about 2 seconds and then crashes.

Edited by user Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:58:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 8:30:55 AM(UTC)
I have exact same problem too.
We paid too much money for such a foolish problem.
The game (all forza games) do not launch on windows 10, just splash screen and then after 2 seconds the splash screen goes away and game does not launch.
We need an immediate solution.
 4 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 10:35:53 AM(UTC)
I also have this problem. I click the game and it's just the splash screen with the senna but the game never actually launches it just stays on that screen for about 40 seconds and then closes. I had forza horizon 3 on my old computer and it worked but when I got this new computer horizon 3 never opened. I thought horizon 4 would have fixed this problem seeing as the demo worked fine for me. This is a ridiculous issue as I paid $130 for this game and all of it's DLC.

NEED FIX!
#5 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 11:03:31 AM(UTC)
I had the same issue with no resolution.

I uninstalled all of FH4 and reinstalled the base game by itself. I can now play the game just fine.
#6 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 11:29:51 AM(UTC)
I am having the same issue with Horizon 4. Just the splash screen then it freezes for a few minutes then disappears, game never starts. Seems like 100+ dollars is quite a bit to spend on a Forza Horizon 4 picture that disappears after a few minutes and takes 64gb to download. This needs fixed immediately.
#7 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 12:15:03 PM(UTC)
My game dont open!! all drives and OS updated....Demo works, but de entire full game wont!! help me support!! i need my cash back!!
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 12:42:44 PM(UTC)
When I first encounter this problem, I was setting video options that caused game reboot. But the game never launch again.
Try to reset app by right clicking on Forza Horizon 4 > More > App Settings > "Terminate" then "Reset".
I hope that will help.
It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature.
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 1:10:04 PM(UTC)
Hi, I had the same problems until i closed down my Evga Precision Xoc
#10 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 1:45:46 PM(UTC)
Hey there everyone! I have found a fix and i made a youtube video showing it off. https://youtu.be/M5kgYSZVGD0
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 2:21:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EternalDB Go to Quoted Post
Hey there everyone! I have found a fix and i made a youtube video showing it off. https://youtu.be/M5kgYSZVGD0

wont work, guess ill have to refund
#12 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:13:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Geeooff Go to Quoted Post
When I first encounter this problem, I was setting video options that caused game reboot. But the game never launch again.
Try to reset app by right clicking on Forza Horizon 4 > More > App Settings > "Terminate" then "Reset".
I hope that will help.

This worked for me. I thank this guy
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:18:57 PM(UTC)

This is not a very good solution. The support is closed and the email bounced back to me. So, are you just ignoring the issue?
 5 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:30:54 PM(UTC)
I solved my problem by closing MSI Afterburner
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:32:20 PM(UTC)
I uninstalled and re-installed and it still won't launch. I have disabled all anti-virus and malware programs.

I am running a Ryzen 1800X with a 1080ti, 32Gb DDR4

This **** should boot.

I paid $100 for this as a birthday present to myself after a hard few months. Just freaking help me.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 10:04:40 PM(UTC)
Closing MSI Afterburner fixed it for me too
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:14:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hosstile17 Go to Quoted Post

This is not a very good solution. The support is closed and the email bounced back to me. So, are you just ignoring the issue?

Try this: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us

#18 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:10:10 AM(UTC)
Have you tried turning off spatial sound? Worked for my friend.
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:27:28 AM(UTC)
Game is crashing for me if i have vr headset plugged into HDMI. Removing the headset or just disabling it from device manager gets the game working but without sound. To get sound working i need to plug inn my headset directly into my xbox controller.
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:54:58 AM(UTC)
I had alot of the same issues. I turned off my firewall and the game started working. After it crashed about 30 minutes later I turned it back on and now it will start every time. Granted it still randomly crashes but at least you can play for a bit here and there until they get the new patch out.
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:58:50 AM(UTC)
if you have any kind of VR,WMR plugged in unplug the hdmi cable also any msi afterburner or so also turns those off
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:29:16 AM(UTC)
For me to, but if i restart my PC and instanly launch the game it works. also the demo works fine but the game does not start.

I think it is realy embarrasing for the game becouse, if i for comperasion buy a game on steam and try to start it IT STARTS

#23 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:11:57 AM(UTC)
I fixed this problem by shutting down EVGA Precision XOC. I don't even have the OSD enabled, but still can't start the game with XOC running. After the game starts then I restart XOC and haven't had any problems.
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 11:37:09 AM(UTC)
Just to add I was experiencing this issue too - closing down MSI afterburner and Riva Statistics fixed it and allowed me to launch the game.
#25 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 12:29:04 PM(UTC)
I have the exact same problem; it launches for 2 seconds then crashes. Nothing I do keeps it open

EDIT: I moved the game to my D: drive, and it is now working. I tried other things, like uninstalling rivatuner and MSI Afterburner, so those could've helped, but it works now. Maybe try moving it to a different drive (if you have one)

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:24:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error