This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
13 Pages123>>Next
 8 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:42:43 PM(UTC)
Ralph Fulton gives us a peek at the new Route Creator coming to Forza Horizon 4 in the October 25th update:

Route Creator Preview

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

[Mod Edit - the Route Creator feature was added to the game with the October 23rd content update. Here's the livestream overview: https://youtu.be/-RvjiCPFEkY?t=1796 - MM]

Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
How do I use Route Creator?

(For a video of our previous live stream where we show you how to use route creator, click here

• To use route creator, go to the event in which you would like the route to start at.
• Create Route > Choose Car.
• Drive the route in the direction you would like it to take.
• During creating the route, press X to place checkpoints with LT and RT to widen or narrow the checkpoint.
• For a circuit route, finish the route back at the starting point. For a point-to-point route, chose Route Options > Place Finish Line where you would like the route to end.
• Test drive your route from start to finish.
• Create New > Name Route > Create Custom Event > Choose Car Theme.
• Customise your event such as season, weather and time of day through event settings.
• Create blueprint and you’re all set!

[Mod Edit - RK's post is the first of regular Route Creator contests. To be chosen as a Playground Games Editors pick, events should take no more than 10 minutes to complete and be no more than 8 miles (P2P) or 3 laps (circuit). See the Support page FH4 Release Notes for any updates to the Route Creator feature. - MM]

Edited by user Saturday, November 24, 2018 11:05:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:50:31 PM(UTC)
Nice to see that you drive along the route you want, not just merely place segments of RIGHT TURN, STRAIGHT LINE, JUMP, etc. next to each other until completion.

It'll be interesting to see what people come up with! No doubt in my mind people are going to do their best to recreate tracks in here!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:51:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

One of "The 50"
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:52:12 PM(UTC)
Q: "How long of a route can I create?"
A: 40.0 miles
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:52:34 PM(UTC)
Daddy likes! Cannot wait to get my filthy hands on this!!!
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:56:22 PM(UTC)
That's vastly better implemented than I could have ever imagined. Very well done, worth the four week wait for sure!

For perspective also, 40 miles is over three laps of the Nordschleife, so we should get plenty of race out of this, haha.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:10:21 PM(UTC)
That looks like a perfectly conceived feature - the team at PG have reallly hit this one out of the park.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:56:54 PM(UTC)
Um...what about laps? You can create only sprint style race? Kinda pity=(
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:44:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DeeperGnu613 Go to Quoted Post

Why do you think there won't be laps?
 10 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:49:17 PM(UTC)

Guess you didn't hear him say you can create point to point or circuit races. Listen again. Circuit race = laps.

3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:01:30 PM(UTC)
Burn by the dev.
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:46:11 PM(UTC)
This is going to be EPIC! I can't wait to create some great routes. This will probably my favorite feature in the game. Infinite playability now. I honestly don't see myself getting bored playing this game.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:07:15 AM(UTC)
Looks like an awesome feature. It's a bit sad that it didn't make release but the added attention it gets this way might make it more popular. Love the amount of freedom you have. I hope barriers can be added as well
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:28:28 AM(UTC)
So much love in particular for how you can browse routes from the blueprint screen. You'll be going back to the same race starts but having so many different events to choose from. It's fantastic.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:50:35 AM(UTC)
I’m really looking forward to this, good work Playground.
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. Gamertag: The Novacat

#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 1:25:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Looks like an awesome feature. It's a bit sad that it didn't make release but the added attention it gets this way might make it more popular. Love the amount of freedom you have. I hope barriers can be added as well

Ramps would also be nice. But I ain't gonna push it.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 3:56:29 AM(UTC)
Hello,

It will be great to choose only view cockpit or Dashboard. And to could to put the damage on On or off. Or to could to choose "Driving assistance"

So just add more option please for more freedom :)

Thank you. :)

#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 6:39:02 AM(UTC)
Oh Yeah, this has me very excited!! Thank you PGG!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:34:00 AM(UTC)
As Ralph clearly told, Route Creator feature will arrive with the second update, 25th October.

Well, now my question is: do you know when the first update will take place?
Someone heard something about it?
Can we suppose that the first one will take place 28th Sept?

Enjoy Horizon, with heart and eyes!

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:34:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:04:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TNT4Brain Go to Quoted Post
As Ralph clearly told, Route Creator feature will arrive with the second update, 25th October.

Well, now my question is: do you know when the first update will take place?
Someone heard something about it?
Can we suppose that the first one will take place 28th Sept?

Enjoy Horizon, with heart and eyes!

Yes update 1 is 28 September
 2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 4:31:39 PM(UTC)
Just watched the preview and I am so excited. I know I might be getting ahead of myself here but I think this will be one of the greatest Forza titles to date.

🇨🇦
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:35:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post

Well, I watched a video by AR12Gaming on the route creator in FH4 and in that video he said you will NOT be able to place things like barriers or jumps on your custom routes.

But I wonder what the reason for this might be...

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:38:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11:28:07 PM(UTC)
VERY NICE! BUT, i wish it would working like in test Drive unlmited, so that you can open up the map and click your checkpoints over there. Way faster to create a track.

But nevertheless i'm looking forward to it.
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:59:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

Guess you didn't hear him say you can create point to point or circuit races. Listen again. Circuit race = laps.

My bad. I'm not a native speaker, so sometimes i can be a little bit off)

Thank's for the answer. I'm glad to hear good news.
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:00:38 AM(UTC)
Can the Route Creator do STREET RACES? As in the point to point race type with traffic enabled.

They've started showing off the Route Creator features and functionality recently, but I haven't seen or heard anything about that yet.

I don't think it would need to go as far as using the same special night flares / smoke checkpoints like the normal Street Race events in FH, only need an option in the creator / blueprint settings to disable or enable traffic to have even more variety within custom events.

I love having that added random variable in the mix sometimes, passing slower and dodging oncoming vehicles while racing out on the open roads. The feature isn't even in the game yet, but I know I'd really miss it not being an option at all for custom routes.

edit: thanks for moving the post to the proper thread, mods!

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:16:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 8:43:43 AM(UTC)
Very excited about this route creator. With the size and scope of the map and future expansions our possibilities will be endless. I can't imagine any negatives with this new to come feature. I'm sure someone will find a negative, but from my drivers seat nothing but smiles right now.
13 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error