This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:37:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vega Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking the same. Overall the world of Horizon 4 feels lifeless. Even more than the last games. They seem to have reduced the traffic compared to the previous games.

They need to do something about it. Even if it's a slider for the people that are okay with how it is now.
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 9:31:53 AM(UTC)
If you're set to play in online, the traffic is sparse, probably because of all the other actual players and the bandwidth needed to keep track of everyone. If you set it so you're not online, there is a LOT more traffic. Trust me, you'll go back online when you're trying to get three stars in a speed zone or something.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 9:35:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kromax44 Go to Quoted Post
If you're set to play in online, the traffic is sparse, probably because of all the other actual players and the bandwidth needed to keep track of everyone. If you set it so you're not online, there is a LOT more traffic. Trust me, you'll go back online when you're trying to get three stars in a speed zone or something.

Traffic becomes ghosted when doing speed zones or drift zones.
If it's not showing correctly, I've been playing Forza since 2009 (Tier 11).
Previously known as: nascargamer24, MVVA24
#54 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:22:23 PM(UTC)
If you are connected to Horizon Life you will see significantly less AI cars and you will see no drivatars just the other people connected in the same session as you which can be up to 72 people tho I rarely seen more than 30 at one time in a session. Go to Horizon solo and their is more AI and drivatars
#55 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:55:58 PM(UTC)
You have to go into solo mode to feel like you're actually in a active world. Smh.

There have been times where I have driven around for miles, on the main roads, and didn't see one npc. That has to be a bug. I have also seen NPCs disappear right in front of me.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:24:41 PM(UTC)
Going solo definitely was the fix. Thanks guys!
 2 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:31:39 PM(UTC)
So just logged in, near the top of the map, and the Autumn barn find pops up...around 7km away.

How many cars did I see on the drive down there? And bear in mind I stuck to the roads.

None.

The roads were empty, what is wrong with this game when I can drive in free roam to a barn find area and not encounter any traffic at all?

Come on Playground, sort this out, its bloody dull. I don't expect the typical UK traffic jams etc, but I do expect some cars on the road.

#58 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:14:18 AM(UTC)
Hi,

Whenever I play the game the last few days the streets are all completely empty. No drivatars, no AI, just streets, trees, the sounds of Horizon Pulse and me.

Is this a glitch I'm experiencing? Every now and then I bump into a real online player, but rarely. And there are no drivatars whatsoever.

If anyone has a fix I'd be most appreciative.

1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:38:07 PM(UTC)
Hi all, I'm trying to finish the new Forzathon in my cult classic VW beetle. I have to get a number of near misses to complete the challenge. Problem is that there is no traffic. Like a zombie apocalyps has happened in Horizon. The place is deserted. Normally there is a traffic car in the apex of every turn, but not today. Am I doing something wrong? Did PG/Turn10 turn off the retardatars as a sick joke? Just wondering.....Charles

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:38:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:43:24 PM(UTC)
If you play online, there are less traffic car. Try Horizon Solo and see the difference.
Second the Xbox One Fat migbt not be able to handle as much traffic as the X or PC (granted there is a setting for that)
For the Anecdote. Midtown Madness had heavy traffic as an option and indeed there were sometimes traffic jams. How awesome it was !
About the game being lifeless I'd say it's because nothing happens for real. Nobody goes in or out of the car, at a parking lot, goes back home. There ars no road works, no emergency vehicles, sometimes if you look at the pedestrians some are sitting outside at a terrace. And are having a coffee. Almost the only ones doing actually something except the drivatars sometime racing

Edited by user Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:49:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Concerns: economy, gameplay mechanism,car list,PI-System,limited physics, unserious arcadish driving system, plain and empty map
#61 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:37:16 PM(UTC)
In FH3 I used to enjoy honking my horn at the drivertards, get them to follow me and then a convoy race would appear. It made for a fun experience and often kept me playing.
Now, I just exit the game if there's nothing else to do, which is usually the case nowadays.

Edited by user Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:37:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RYZEN 2600X ASUS ROG RX580 8GB 16Gb RAM
#62 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:10:49 PM(UTC)
I had no traffic earlier today in life (PC). Absolutely none. I switched to solo, back to life, and traffic was spawning in life again.
#63 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:24:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sekyal Go to Quoted Post
So not realistic with the traffic

I'd love to know were you live. Traffic in real life must be great for you.

#64 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:32:44 PM(UTC)
There was literally no traffic for the last 2-3 hours while I was playing, except for other players. It was like the AI completely forgot to spawn. Toward the end of the session, I hit the highway, and the AI traffic started to show up, and was able to complete the challenge. But those were the only AI cars I saw.
#65 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:46:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DeadhandCharlie Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, I'm trying to finish the new Forzathon in my cult classic VW beetle. I have to get a number of near misses to complete the challenge. Problem is that there is no traffic. Like a zombie apocalyps has happened in Horizon. The place is deserted. Normally there is a traffic car in the apex of every turn, but not today. Am I doing something wrong? Did PG/Turn10 turn off the retardatars as a sick joke? Just wondering.....Charles

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Log off and play Horizon Solo. Plenty of traffic to meet the Daredevil goal. That's what I did in my Gremlin.

#66 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 4:57:41 AM(UTC)
Going solo did it for me. Much more traffic and head to heads (perhaps I missed something?)
RYZEN 2600X ASUS ROG RX580 8GB 16Gb RAM
#67 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 5:27:17 AM(UTC)
Same issue with me... Solo Mode did the trick.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#68 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:27:20 AM(UTC)
Can confirm, seems like the game is bugged out after the last patch. No traffic in online mode.
#69 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:49:08 AM(UTC)
yep
I also feels that there is not enough traffic
Please fix it!
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 6:57:40 AM(UTC)
I also have no AI cars at all. Ive not tried putting it in solo mode, but ill try that next time i play. It is impossible for me to complete the summer challenges without traffic, as has been pointed out.
#71 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 6:15:20 PM(UTC)
I'm tellin' ya guys, just hit the highway. The closer you get to the highway, the more NPC traffic starts to show up. On the highway, traffic is plentiful. Enough to hit your forzathon challenges and move on with life. No need to go offline.

And once it spawns there, it starts to spawn more often in other places too.
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:14:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
I'm tellin' ya guys, just hit the highway. The closer you get to the highway, the more NPC traffic starts to show up. On the highway, traffic is plentiful. Enough to hit your forzathon challenges and move on with life. No need to go offline.

And once it spawns there, it starts to spawn more often in other places too.

I can verify that this DOES NOT WORK. If you are in the state of no traffic during online play, the only way to get them to spawn is to go into solo mode and back. Just ran the entire length of the freeway with zero traffic cars along the entire length. This is on an Xbox One X here.

Edit: Going back online will often despawn traffic again and then it is a coin toss whether you get more again at that point. The only way to guarantee traffic cars is in offline/Solo Mode.

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:49:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 11:23:13 PM(UTC)
Certain Horizon Life sessions seem to be glitching. If you join them, you get no traffic (and no skill-songs/flavour chat on radio stations). If you choose to find another session, it will sometimes put you in one with traffic.

I'm starting to suspect this is something certain players are glitching deliberately. I've noticed that whenever I'm in one of the no-traffic sessions, there usually seem to be a couple of other players racing each other up and down the motorway over and over again. Some kind of glitch/exploit?

Edit: A quick google confirms it. I won't link here, for obvious reasons, but there is a deliberate exploit that can be used to remove traffic from Horizon Life sessions. I'd say this needs patching ASAP, as currently around half the sessions I see are affected by this glitch.

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2018 11:26:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 12:55:52 AM(UTC)
It would be great to have 3 or 4 times more traffic, at least in solo mode
#75 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 3:13:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Manthas Go to Quoted Post

I can verify that this DOES NOT WORK. If you are in the state of no traffic during online play, the only way to get them to spawn is to go into solo mode and back. Just ran the entire length of the freeway with zero traffic cars along the entire length. This is on an Xbox One X here.

Edit: Going back online will often despawn traffic again and then it is a coin toss whether you get more again at that point. The only way to guarantee traffic cars is in offline/Solo Mode.

Ok. Fair enough. Worth a shot, anyway, if anyone else wants to try it, but clearly at least the two of us are seeing different symptoms. I've been able to get the AI to spawn (still rather sparse, but finally remembers to spawn) by hitting the highway.

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error