This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 9:16:43 AM(UTC)
Hi turn 10 :) seems like your game just fried my CPU :/ downloaded the game 23.09. and started just fine.
was driving threw 2 seasons and when i hit fall and the big jump came in the start. then my computer just frooze and got wierd screen colours.
suddenly death, and now it wont work :(

Dont know where i want to go with this. i guess i just want to let people with "outdated" computers know that this game as it is will frie your PC.

Regards Marius
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 11:25:39 AM(UTC)
What are your specs?
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 1:40:56 PM(UTC)
Lol, couldn't be that it just crapped out being dated and all.

I probably posted this 20 hours ago or so, but well.... Helps hard to come by.
#4 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 2:04:01 PM(UTC)
No game destroys CPU's as they will never push it to their limits, and even if they do, it is not constant. Having said that, CPU's are able to withstand stress tests (at 100% on all cores)for days and even weeks without breaking. They are made that way. I'm guessing either your computer is very old, or you pushed a really aggressive overclock for too long? It was going to die eventually. FH4 doesn't even use the CPU heavily. Try reapplying thermal paste and give it a good clean. You would be surprised how many times that actually helps keep an old PC run a bit longer.

Sorry for your loss, though. As a PC gamer, I feel the pain :(

Edited by user Monday, September 24, 2018 2:06:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 5:00:28 PM(UTC)
Blaming user error on a game is laughable. You probably had a dirty clogged video card overheating or the fan was not working. You killed the video card. You can't destroy a PC with a game.

Notification

Icon
Error