40 Pages<<383940Prev
Rank: Driver's Permit
#976 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 10:47:03 AM(UTC)
Here i am struggling to sell 20 mil worth of cars without selling the cars i dont wanna lose all so i can buy the stupidly priced 20mill ae86 , that i cant keep living without
@SlidinSniper

Zionwhyte@gmail.com
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#977 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 1:50:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SlidinSniper Go to Quoted Post
Here i am struggling to sell 20 mil worth of cars without selling the cars i dont wanna lose all so i can buy the stupidly priced 20mill ae86 , that i cant keep living without


What's the most that you can sell a GT40 64 for? It used to be about 10 Million, or even 20 Million. You buy a second for 1 Million, sell it for top price (don't sell your original one). Keep doing that and you should have 20 Million in no time. If you tell me when you are selling one I will buy it even for 20 Million. I can earn 20 million in a couple of days doing nothing, because I'm legendary so I don't mind.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#978 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 4:33:51 PM(UTC)
Hello I’m a huge Forza fan I have the ultimate edition of all of them and by far the Auction House in Horizon 4 is the worst. It’s either completely broken or worthless. Sniping is bad and I understand that that’s hard to stop but I’ve lost count how many I’ve lost and either bid fails loses it for me or it ends with me winning then bam no I lost. Needs fixed badly in a game like this.

Sorry about the rant Turn 10. I really do love your games.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#979 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 7:35:57 AM(UTC)
Note that I am new to FH4 and therefore have not seen what changes have been made to the auction house since release. It makes no difference to me whether it is better or worse now than it used to be.

Having said that I am obviously stupid. I cannot understand why the auction house works the way it does.

I cannot choose the price that I start the auction at. Why?

I see that there are complaints that people cannot set as high a price as the so called legendary status players. Stupid. If they are so legendary then their goods should sell at a higher price naturally.

In game I cannot sell at a low price. It forces me to put a higher one for both the start and buyout than I want. Why? My goods should be advertised at my price.

Obviously tied in with this is the fact that you cannot sell cars outside of the auction house. Stupid.

This is just about the craziest system I have ever seen (and I am old!).

As above it appears that I am old and stupid. What I am not is looking for anybody to agree or disagree with me. I do not care what others think. I just want the game developers to hear that this particular customer thinks their system is crazy,,,,and not crazy good. Its so bad that it is not worth going into any more detail on it.

Enjoy it if you can. I cannot.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#980 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 7:56:51 AM(UTC)
You can change both the bid price and the buyout price when selling a car down to a bare minimum. You don’t have complete control over the figure but you can definitely sell at a much lower price than the maximum.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#981 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 8:30:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spook1234567890 Go to Quoted Post
As above it appears that I am old and stupid. What I am not is looking for anybody to agree or disagree with me. I do not care what others think. I just want the game developers to hear that this particular customer thinks their system is crazy,,,,and not crazy good. Its so bad that it is not worth going into any more detail on it.

Well, people could explain to you why certain things are the way they are, but you must indeed be stupid if you aren't interested in having other people share their greater knowledge with you.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#982 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 8:45:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spook1234567890 Go to Quoted Post
and I am old!

Why the childish behavior then? :D

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#983 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 8:58:48 AM(UTC)
You'll never be able to directly sell to other players, because that is how black markets and abusive behaviors happen in games like this.......people already do it, those that play the game like religion will have tens if not hundreds of millions more and can effectively (because there is a limited number of desirable hard-to-obtain vehicles in the game) control the entire market.

There are probably high-end players/streamers sitting on a dozen Ferrari Superfasts or PO cars back when they could be sold in the auction house......even now if you try to buy a SuperFast, you have a superfast window to do it before a bot gets it on someones account who has too much money and nothing to do with it but try to get as many rare cars as they can, which means noobs who suddenly have 10 or 20 million extra to spend will never get one.....limiting the sale price is the only way to keep those cars obtainable to people who aren't sitting on 200 million credits+.

Also those prices change...so one month you might be able to list a car for 20 million...the next month the max allowable sale price might be 6 million......may suck for the sellers but its really designed to keep the cars semi obtainable for the buyers.


Rank: Driver's Permit
#984 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 9:08:35 AM(UTC)
I can read, I can work out why things are as they are. I do not need anybody's 'greater knowledge'. However that doesn't change the fact that in my opinion the way they are now is stupid. Knowing why they are that way will not change that.

When I say that I cannot understand why it works the way that it does I mean that I cannot understand why on earth the devs make it work in this way. It doesn't have to be like this or I would agree that it isn't stupid and is the only way it could work. Everybody knows that is not the case. It works this way because the devs implemented a really bad idea. They don't seem to be aware of that otherwise they would have changed it by now. You may disagree with this and believe that it is wonderful but I think if put to the vote the majority would want it to be changed. Maybe I am wrong but as I said in my post I want the devs to know that I/me/myself as a customer think their system is bad.

As for changing the start and buyout price take a Zagato barn find as an example - nobody wants it but you are forced to put a start price of 50k, no more and no less. There is no control at all. A minimum buyout of 92k goes against it. If one wants to sell it and is happy to get 1k for it then hard luck. I do not call 50k a bare minimum on an item that is so common it is worth nothing(ish).
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#985 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 9:19:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spook1234567890 Go to Quoted Post
I can read, I can work out why things are as they are. I do not need anybody's 'greater knowledge'. However that doesn't change the fact that in my opinion the way they are now is stupid. Knowing why they are that way will not change that.

Then show some understanding of why it is the way it is, and put forward your solutions to the problems that how it currently works is intended to solve.

Edited by user Friday, October 2, 2020 9:37:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#986 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 9:57:14 AM(UTC)
I liked the auction house rules even before I became legendary. I think it is better if some cars can sell for 20 Million though. The GT40 used to sell for about that, then they changed the Auction house rules.

It should be...

1/ 3 cars sell for 20 Mil by anyone, but they are rare like the Capri FE... Rip Rod, Ferrari 599XX Evolution
2/ 2 cars sell for 10 million... GT40, Volkswagen Van FE

The rest follow the rules that we have now.

That's just so that people can build their money up.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#987 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 10:00:43 AM(UTC)
Only indirectly related to the Auction House discussion, but I do miss the ability to gift cars to friends that we had in earlier versions of Forza games. As it now exists, it takes a very carefully orchestrated and choreographed set of steps to be able to get a car to a friend via the Auction House, which often ends in someone else getting that car.

Other than that, I have bought and sold quite a few cars in the FH4 Auction House, often being surprised by how cheap I was able to get a car, or how much I received from selling one. I do enjoy watching the market trends as the values rise and fall, just as the values of cars rise and fall in real life, based on supply and demand.

Rank: Driver's License
#988 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 10:15:23 AM(UTC)
The cars are all assigned a value. The minimum bid is 10% of that from everything I've seen. That Aston Martin is a barn find so everyone gets one pretty easily.

I don't know how the values are chosen or why the minimum isn't allowed to be changed further so I understand your point. Auctioning barn finds is the only way to remove them from your garage. You don't have to reclaim them. Some cars just don't sell.

The 812 superfast is a reward through the starcard but does take a while to get. I don't think there's anything special about it other than it's supposed exclusivity. Often there's several sitting there at 20 million. There's one now that's been there 5 minutes.

Edited by user Friday, October 2, 2020 10:24:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: 812

Rank: Driver's Permit
#989 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 10:29:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WhiteBurrito42 Go to Quoted Post
The cars are all assigned a value. The minimum bid is 10% of that from everything I've seen. That Aston Martin is a barn find so everyone gets one pretty easily.

I don't know how the values are chosen or why the minimum isn't allowed to be changed further so I understand your point. Auctioning barn finds is the only way to remove them from your garage. You don't have to reclaim them. Some cars just don't sell.

The 812 superfast is a reward through the starcard but does take a while to get. I don't think there's anything special about it other than it's supposed exclusivity. Often there's several sitting there at 20 million. There's one now that's been there 5 minutes.


Haha - thanks for buying the Zagato!! It's people like you that make my Forza life a happier one. Nice gesture, much appreciated just because you did it not because of the credits!
Rank: Driver's License
#990 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 12:54:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spook1234567890 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WhiteBurrito42 Go to Quoted Post
The cars are all assigned a value. The minimum bid is 10% of that from everything I've seen. That Aston Martin is a barn find so everyone gets one pretty easily.

I don't know how the values are chosen or why the minimum isn't allowed to be changed further so I understand your point. Auctioning barn finds is the only way to remove them from your garage. You don't have to reclaim them. Some cars just don't sell.

The 812 superfast is a reward through the starcard but does take a while to get. I don't think there's anything special about it other than it's supposed exclusivity. Often there's several sitting there at 20 million. There's one now that's been there 5 minutes.


Haha - thanks for buying the Zagato!! It's people like you that make my Forza life a happier one. Nice gesture, much appreciated just because you did it not because of the credits!


Enjoy!
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#991 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 9:01:38 AM(UTC)
I guess ban on C Jags has turned the Benz SS into the far overpriced glut on market. Fun car but over new price?
Same with Eclipse, Ranger, Mk IV Supra, all sold over auto show price.
This weeks PGG had 12 people in #24 Benz trucks competing to win unsaleable duplicate. With fixed bottom price and lowest buyout.
I like to flip cars. Early on with no money it helped get cars I wanted. Then replaced with new cars when I had the CR.
No bots, just banging on controller.
When I need to dump CR I buy high credit cars and sell cheap to hopefully noobs. But no. Get bought and put up for sale at high price. So I buy it back and delete it.
Stupid price controls.
And fun fact, if car doesn’t sell, drop price. Duh.
40 Pages<<383940Prev

Notification

Icon
Error