40 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:04:59 AM(UTC)
The real problem is that some days this happens so often I just give up on the bidding and do buyouts instead. It is frustrating to waste so much time checking back in the auction house and having to do the search all over again just to have this sort of thing keep happening. I've lost 3 cheap auctions just within the last hour because of this. In each case, other cars were available with the same (or less) buyout price, and NO BIDS.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
#52 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:09:57 AM(UTC)
To be completely honest, don't expect that to change. It will get worse with the global release tomorrow, especially with cars that are pretty cheap.

It's also a fair point that if you're spending the time to try and bid on a $20k vehicle to get it cheaper, you could use that time to just run more events and easily have the money to just buy it outright. Money's an easy thing to obtain in FH4.
If it's not showing correctly, I've been playing Forza since 2009 (Tier 11).
Previously known as: nascargamer24, MVVA24
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:25:25 AM(UTC)
I think a good idea might be to remove the Buyout option once a bid is placed.
#54 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:29:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jo3f1sh Go to Quoted Post

That's not a good way to handle it, in my opinion. If someone wants to spend the funds to complete the auction instantly, then they should be allowed to. It also forces people to go through lengthy bid wars for more valuable vehicles.

For example, I'm working on collecting FE Vehicles. Rather than go through bid wars on every Alfa Romeo FE car that crosses the block, I'd rather just save up the $600k and buy it outright. With those kind of vehicles, you're unlikely to find auctions without bids.
If it's not showing correctly, I've been playing Forza since 2009 (Tier 11).
Previously known as: nascargamer24, MVVA24
#55 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:39:01 AM(UTC)
I don't think people are doing this just to irritate you, I believe in FH3 if you used the "Featured" link it would show the auctions that were expiring soon... hence, your WRX shows on the list. The buyer doesn't even know there are 7 more cars out their. And they want it bad... real bad. So, you lose.

Keep in mind, this also helps you to make more on your sale... I sold 2 FE Cars in FH3 for $5.5 Mil each. Not a bad days work... :)

Plus, let's be realistic here... Auction-House Etiquette? That's an oxymoron...
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#56 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:04:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xMerc249 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jo3f1sh Go to Quoted Post

That's not a good way to handle it, in my opinion. If someone wants to spend the funds to complete the auction instantly, then they should be allowed to. It also forces people to go through lengthy bid wars for more valuable vehicles.

For example, I'm working on collecting FE Vehicles. Rather than go through bid wars on every Alfa Romeo FE car that crosses the block, I'd rather just save up the $600k and buy it outright. With those kind of vehicles, you're unlikely to find auctions without bids.

In that case, it'd be nice to have an option for just a buyout, and no auction. Though that would defeat the purpose of an "Auction House". There's no perfect system.
#57 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:18:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
I don't think people are doing this just to irritate you, I believe in FH3 if you used the "Featured" link it would show the auctions that were expiring soon... hence, your WRX shows on the list. The buyer doesn't even know there are 7 more cars out their. And they want it bad... real bad. So, you lose.

Keep in mind, this also helps you to make more on your sale... I sold 2 FE Cars in FH3 for $5.5 Mil each. Not a bad days work... :)

Plus, let's be realistic here... Auction-House Etiquette? That's an oxymoron...

I know they aren't doing it to irritate me, they do it because they aren't thinking about the other people who might be involved. Also, I honestly don't expect anyone to really change, this was more of a venting thing.

"Featured" cars usually aren't generic untuned cars, so I doubt that is the reason why this happens. Plus, the car I was bidding on had at least 30 minutes to go, so it probably wouldn't have shown up in that list anyway.

Hey, one can always hope, right? I know etiquette is a foreign concept to many, especially in a video game with a large percentage of "younger" players.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#58 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:32:27 AM(UTC)
You all realize it lists auctions ending soonest, so most likely they are just buying first one they come to. If I want a car, I'll just do the buy out, credits are zero issue in this game. Otherwise I may bid and forget about until until I get a notification.
#59 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:57:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
You all realize it lists auctions ending soonest, so most likely they are just buying first one they come to.

Which is exactly what I said. They are in a hurry to buy that they don't bother taking a few extra seconds to look at the other listings.
#60 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 12:14:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
You all realize it lists auctions ending soonest, so most likely they are just buying first one they come to.

Which is exactly what I said. They are in a hurry to buy that they don't bother taking a few extra seconds to look at the other listings.

Wretched hive of scum and villainy and all that, the auction house is a silly place best avoided if possible or showering after if you must visit.

I don't have the time or patience necessary to sit and get into a bidding war with anyone over a car I can buy outright so that's my preferred option. I'll do a quick search for a particular model I'm interested in and if there is a buyout less than it costs me to buy new from the autoshow, I'll buy now on the lowest buyout price and quickly go about my business. I'll admit that I don't ever check to see if anyone is bidding on that car but if I do look to buy from the auction house in the future I'll make sure to let bidders have first crack.

I sent you a PM by the way, in regards another matter.

✔ Verified Moderator

3 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 12:27:28 PM(UTC)
I made a ton of money in Auction House in FH3. Not gonna lie. All of it from playing the Porsche 959 market until I was simply priced out of it by the ""legendary"" tuners and painters. I actually have about....at least a dozen 959s still in FH3 that I refused to get rid of because the going rate is 5-10M and I can only get 900k.

Lol......what a joke that system is, coming from someone who does design for work. Everyone's been recycling their old content from previous Forzas for years. You either get ""legendary"" from having made a BMW art car five years ago (and re-uploading it), or slapping a generic skin on a starter car or a 240 or Skyline. Then just use that status to game the auction house. It's a great auction system made repulsive by artificial intervention into car prices via price limits on non-legendary sellers. And it's not even related to the skin - since you don't buy skins, you download them for free! It's purely speculative. It was a charming idea originally but it's impossible to deny that it quickly and permanently morphed into a method for speculation. The developers should reward the legendary painters and tuners some other way. Perhaps reward them with their own unique cars upon reaching that status - an "art edition" or "tuning edition", or maybe even cars completely unavailable to the rest of us. As it stands, we're far more limited by the current system than we should be under that.

Oh well, I'm off to go speculate on the 2019 GT3 market. Gonna get plenty of those babies to resell.

Edit: As a side note, I have no clue what constitutes "Tier" on this forum, nor "Forza Total", nor why everyone's accounts were made this year while mine is from 2011.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 12:32:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#62 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 12:37:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: muffin man fury Go to Quoted Post
I made a ton of money in Auction House in FH3. Not gonna lie. All of it from playing the Porsche 959 market until I was simply priced out of it by the ""legendary"" tuners and painters. I actually have about....at least a dozen 959s still in FH3 that I refused to get rid of because the going rate is 5-10M and I can only get 900k.

Lol......what a joke that system is, coming from someone who does design for work. Everyone's been recycling their old content from previous Forzas for years. You either get ""legendary"" from having made a BMW art car five years ago (and re-uploading it), or slapping a generic skin on a starter car or a 240 or Skyline. Then just use that status to game the auction house. It's a great auction system made repulsive by artificial intervention into car prices via price limits on non-legendary sellers. And it's not even related to the skin - since you don't buy skins, you download them for free! It's purely speculative. It was a charming idea originally but it's impossible to deny that it quickly and permanently morphed into a method for speculation. The developers should reward the legendary painters and tuners some other way. Perhaps reward them with their own unique cars upon reaching that status - an "art edition" or "tuning edition", or maybe even cars completely unavailable to the rest of us. As it stands, we're far more limited by the current system than we should be under that.

Oh well, I'm off to go speculate on the 2019 GT3 market. Gonna get plenty of those babies to resell.

Edit: As a side note, I have no clue what constitutes "Tier" on this forum, nor "Forza Total", nor why everyone's accounts were made this year while mine is from 2011.

I don't know why the 959 would b a big deal anymore, it was in forzathon a week or two ago. Same for the 928
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:51:54 AM(UTC)
It may be just me, but after doing a little AH trading in FH4, it appears that the buyout limit has been lowered further for non-top level painters/tuners. It's pretty terrible and just further empowering those who recycle content through each game, or those that get lucky with hosting a stock paint job that happens to get downloaded up.
#64 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 10:51:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KimJongUnicum Go to Quoted Post

To the rest of us, your account shows as being from 2018. Same as mine will appear to you, even though it shows as 2012 to me. Something is obviously broken at the moment.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:37:42 PM(UTC)
I have 5000 paints downloaded by community but my painter level/rank is stuck on 3rd. How can I fix it?
Can someone help me solve my issue?
#66 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:47:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KimJongUnicum Go to Quoted Post
It may be just me, but after doing a little AH trading in FH4, it appears that the buyout limit has been lowered further for non-top level painters/tuners. It's pretty terrible and just further empowering those who recycle content through each game, or those that get lucky with hosting a stock paint job that happens to get downloaded up.

I have found the exact same. Also the increments for regular players seem a lot larger. Some cars which can sell for 800k, 900k, 1m, 1.1m suddenly jump to 1.6mil. Why can't there be a 1.3?
I see why caps were put in to stop inflation, but could at least give us more flexibility in pricing increments. At the moment i find myself selling cars at under value or just not at all as you can't hit the sweet spot.

Also still really struggling with the number of auctions a day. At the moment I'm only managing to start a hand full of auctions in a 24hr period. Furthermore, if your auction doesn't sell, it still seems to be counting one of the daily allowance. Pretty annoying as you just end up with a garage of cars which are sat there waiting to be sold...

The velocity of money in this game seems significantly lower than previous ones which is taking a toll on the auction house.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 3:28:51 PM(UTC)
When you sell a car loaded up with all the perks do you get a lot more leeway on the asking price before a bid? Has anyone does this yet? I assume it depends on rarity and what perks you have/ maxed or not ect. I'm almost maxed on one and wondered how different it is from the regular way. Thanks!
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 11:44:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aumanil Go to Quoted Post
Hello what's the limited of number of auction per 1h. If i sold three cars i'm blocked for 2 hours at least to sel anything?

Daily limit is only 10 listings. Doesn't matter if they sell or not. You just can't list anymore. This is VERY annoying and disapointing to me.

Edit: It's 9 to be exact! :(

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 11:31:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#69 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 12:53:32 AM(UTC)
This will be beneficial for those who cant get the exclusive cars like: 2018 Ferrari 812 Superfast, 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 2018 Chevrolet ZR2 and the 2018 Honda Civic Type-R.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:08:02 AM(UTC)
I agree with the auction house being both beneficial and a set back. I also whole heartedly believe that you should be able to sell the car to a "CarMax" style "we buy anything" car dealership to unload the cars that you don't want/use. I am pretty particular with the cars I keep in the garage vs the time I invest in each of the few cars and would love to see this as an option. Hopefully I'm not alone in this thought,
#71 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:19:20 AM(UTC)
I think 10 cars per 24h is not bad.
It make people insert listing for a longer period of time (I usually list my cars for 6 h)

I don't play the auction house and until now, I was always able to sell the cars I won and did not want to use.

#72 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 3:34:17 AM(UTC)
Dissapointed too by this ridiculously low limit...in my case, i Don't "play" with the auction house, i just want to get rid of the double i receive from the wheelspins (i'm stuck with 6 double cars atm).

I have 2 choices, either wait and gather more double to sell or delete the car with no compensation.

And worst, the limit count the car not solded...why?

It wouldn't be a problem (in my situation) if they kept the "if you have a double, we can give you money instead of the car".

(BTW wheelspins are also another complain i have...i play a car racing game and receive 90% of time……...clothing)
#73 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:22:41 AM(UTC)
Do they changed the limit of cars you can sell in a day? It used to be 20-25 a day
I sold 8 cars yesterday 24 hours ago and it won’t let me sell anymore saying I have reached my limit
Any info please?
#74 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:09:30 AM(UTC)
Anyone else getting "Buyout Failed, Please Try Again Later." when they try buying anything on the auction house? I bought a ton of cars because I wanted to basically buy all the cars at a 45% discount pretty much and all of the sudden as I'm buying the cars this happens. Is there a daily buy limit? Or weekly buy limit?
#75 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:17:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone else getting "Buyout Failed, Please Try Again Later." when they try buying anything on the auction house? I bought a ton of cars because I wanted to basically buy all the cars at a 45% discount pretty much and all of the sudden as I'm buying the cars this happens. Is there a daily buy limit? Or weekly buy limit?

I think there is a limit can't remember if its daily or weekly.
40 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error