40 Pages<<37383940PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#951 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 7:09:39 PM(UTC)
You'll also see rank 10-12 guys put a few dead stock cars with stock or close to liveries up for 20MM, and get it. Abuse. Good tuners/painters should be able to get $ based on level, incremental to level.
But, we don't even have room for 2 tune/1 livery per car in game, so nevermind. Broken.

I'd gladly pay for good liveries or tunes. 20% markup over parts, whatever. Time worth a lot on good tunes. Some great tuners have surprisingly love download levels too.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 2, 2020 7:14:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: forgot

1 user liked this post.
#952 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:27:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
To be able to set a high price for any car, you would need to reach 50,000 downloads/likes/uses for tunes or paints. Suffice to say that nobody starting now will be able to achieve that so forget it.]

Really? Theres plenty of opportunity to reach this goal still. Especially with the influx of players weve have during people being in lockdown.

After reaching both legendary painter and tuner on my own account a year or so ago i worked out the cycles of when the trending now/hot this week sections reset daily. I shared this knowledge with a mate of mine because he started to quiz me on how i done it. We managed to reach legendary painter only a couple of weeks ago. It took about 5 days and 60 odd designs.

Key is to share all your creations at the same time each day as soon as the trending lists get refreshed. If shared at any odd time of the day, possibilities of it reaching the 10 most popular is quite slim unless you have heaps of followers. Also, target the cars that are shown as "eligible cars" for the events in the festival playlist each week. These are where you are bound to get the most exposure.

Ive seen players spamming simple colour changes and reaching legendary status. To this day theres still alot who are aiming for it aswell.

Heck, gimme a fresh account and i bet i could reach it in about a week. Lol

GLHF and happy painting people :)
#953 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 1:16:33 AM(UTC)
I get 2000 downloads a day, so in 25 days you can do it even now.
 1 user liked this post.
#954 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:53:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I get 2000 downloads a day, so in 25 days you can do it even now.

That's like saying anyone can set a #1 time on a track just because 1 person can.

Tuning + painting well are a skill that not all of us have, 50 downloads for someone of my skill is ludicrous and far-fetched let alone 50k.
#955 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 10:52:10 PM(UTC)
All seems like garbage to me, VW camper van fe stock paint and level 1 tune, buyout 224 start 216k on auction today, I can sell my VW camper van with lev3 tune and lev4 paint for 209k buyout and 199k start this makes no sense to me
#956 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:52:09 AM(UTC)
What tier do you have to be to sell cars for 20 mil on auction house?
#957 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 7:58:58 AM(UTC)
to sell all cars for 20 mil the tier is not important.
the only thing what is important is the total amount of download+likes+uses of your designs or tunings. in total the sum must be greater than 50.000.

example: it could be, that you're on tier 5, but reached 30.000 downloads, 10.001 uses and 10.000 likes for your designs. you're now able to sell all cars for 20 mil when you put your own design to the car.
#958 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 11:23:10 AM(UTC)
Hello

So i have been selling a lot of cars lately on the FH4 auction house, the problem is when i try to list a car right now i get a message telling me that i cannot right now. is there a cars selling limit in the auction that prevented me from selling my cars?

thank you
#959 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 4:28:00 AM(UTC)
in the past, there were 25 sales within 24 hours.
 3 users liked this post.
#960 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 4:02:26 AM(UTC)
Painter status should not be tied to buyout pricing, period. That's just asking to game the system, and it has been gamed ever since FH3. FH3 had the trick of sharing and unsharing paints. Apparently, this kept putting your paints on top of the new paints list. In FH4, it now comes down to who's the first to post a paint for the new car, hence why many of the popular designs for a given vehicle are just a simple color change. Painters who actually put effort and hours into their liveries are only going to get left behind.

I remember PG talking about the system in an AMA that was held before FH4's release. They said that the system was meant to reward painters for their hard work. But in its current state, the system is actually screwing over the very players it was meant to reward.

As I said above, tying legend status to buyout limits just doesn't work. Find another way to reward the legend tuners and painters.

Edited by user Saturday, June 20, 2020 4:03:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#961 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 5:42:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
Painter status should not be tied to buyout pricing, period. That's just asking to game the system, and it has been gamed ever since FH3. FH3 had the trick of sharing and unsharing paints. Apparently, this kept putting your paints on top of the new paints list. In FH4, it now comes down to who's the first to post a paint for the new car, hence why many of the popular designs for a given vehicle are just a simple color change. Painters who actually put effort and hours into their liveries are only going to get left behind.

I remember PG talking about the system in an AMA that was held before FH4's release. They said that the system was meant to reward painters for their hard work. But in its current state, the system is actually screwing over the very players it was meant to reward.

As I said above, tying legend status to buyout limits just doesn't work. Find another way to reward the legend tuners and painters.

Somebody should tell them there already was a system in Forza that rewarded top painters, they were called Forza Motorsport 3 and Forza Motorsport 4.

But that's something that was done right so obviously it needed to be changed like so many other things have in the XB1 era of Forza.

Forza series logic

If you get something right change it unnecessarily and make it worse.
#962 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 8:05:24 AM(UTC)
I can't get it back when I put the car on auction. I accidentally put the Lamborghini account car on auction but I couldn't get my car back because it gave an error. I sent tickets to the support team they haven't responded for 1 month and I couldn't get my 2 cars back
#963 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 2:43:57 PM(UTC)
?

Once you start an auction it's gone, you can't "get it back". You'll have to buy another one in auction house.
#964 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 2:21:12 AM(UTC)
if the car is not rare and there a enough cars in auction house,
then just let a friend buy the car.
afterwards you can buy the car from your friend back.
#965 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 1:45:38 AM(UTC)

Hi

I got screwed by an auction and I lost the third of my money, two days of play.

I spotted a 20M buy out car ( Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge) and I won the auction with initial bet of 5M

Once in the garage the value of the car have decreased to 83,000 cr.......

Is there any way I get my money back ?

Now I know I can f all my game by betting on a trap I really won't use auction anymore

I seriously think to just uninstall this game and play anything else instead

What happened ?

It is a bug or some kind of auction-value-hack ?

I didn't change a part on the car ..

#966 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:35:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: **** enlit Go to Quoted Post

Hi

I spotted a 20M buy out car ( Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge) and I won the auction with initial bet of 5M

Now I know I can f all my game by betting on a trap I really won't use auction anymore

What happened ?

The value in the Auction House does not necessarily reflect the value of the car. If you are a lvl 20 painter (probably earlier) or a lvl 20 tuner (I am not so sure about that one), you can set prices to 20 Mio for every car (or at least set a price that is way higher than a "normal person" can set).
So if they set 20 Mio for a car that you can buy in the autoshow for 20.000 and you buy the car, they baselines scammed you out of 19.880.000 credits.

The idea behind is that painters/tuners can make money out of their trait via auction house.

The reality is that people change color of a car, sell that as a paintjob, unshare and share again till they have the appropriate level and start scamming others.

The auction house system is even worse than the paintjobs that are shown to you. There are amazing paintjobs out there, with photorealistic faces on it or the coolest racing liveries, but you see a car with an orange stripe on it instead. Great job Turn 10.

I think you are not the first customer they lose about this.

[Mod Edit - profanity removed - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2020 8:55:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#967 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 2:09:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post

Hi

What happened ?

The value in the Auction House does not necessarily reflect the value of the car. If you are a lvl 20 painter (probably earlier) or a lvl 20 tuner (I am not so sure about that one), you can set prices to 20 Mio for every car (or at least set a price that is way higher than a "normal person" can set).
So if they set 20 Mio for a car that you can buy in the autoshow for 20.000 and you buy the car, they baselines scammed you out of 19.880.000 credits.

The idea behind is that painters/tuners can make money out of their trait via auction house.

The reality is that people change color of a car, sell that as a paintjob, unshare and share again till they have the appropriate level and start scamming others.

The auction house system is even worse than the paintjobs that are shown to you. There are amazing paintjobs out there, with photorealistic faces on it or the coolest racing liveries, but you see a car with an orange stripe on it instead. Great job Turn 10.

I think you are not the first customer they lose about this.

not really a scam
just bad judgement by the buyer
he paid by his own choice
should have looked around first, especially since its a cheap autoshow car

Auction House is buyer beware

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2020 8:57:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#968 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 5:11:31 AM(UTC)

Hi

What happened ?

As already mentioned above the price of the car in the game is what the developers set it to for Auto Show price, in this case doesn't reflect the Auction House price. Auction House pricing is based on how many cars are bought out in last 24 hours, so popular cars rise in price, unpopular fall in price. So newly released prize cars sell instantly for example and over a matter of days / weeks the prices rise and can hit 20 million, even though the car might be only shown at 250,000. If the car was available to purchase in the Auto Show then thats the price it would be. Another example is something like the Auto Union which is valued in game at 10 million yet you would be lucky to sell it at even 20% of its value.

Another thing as pointed out is Legendary tuners / painters (those with 50,000 downloads etc) can sell any car at a maximum of 20 million. So in your case someone had a Infiniti Q50 that you can purchase from the Auto Show for 83,000, then either applied there own tune or paint on it then set the price to 20 million and you probably saw it in the Auctions ending soon and thought it was a good buy at 5 million.

Best thing is if you are new to the game is to look at what cars are available in the Auto Show and to make sure you don't fall foul of this again. As unless you are Legendary Tuner or Painter you wont be able to sell it at all for anywhere near that cost, and as its an Auto Show car you can freely buy for 83,000, you wont have many bidders anyway.

1 user liked this post.
#969 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 5:52:09 AM(UTC)
More or less everything was already said above.
Final moral of the story here is: do your homework before buying cars from auction house, by checking trough auto show first. Basically do a bit of research before rushing into it.
And no, there is no refund here, it goes by Canada Bill Jones quote, saying "It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money."
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#970 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 7:21:40 AM(UTC)
It happens in real life too, you can buy a comic for £1, and sell it for £2000.

Anyway you can do the same to another player, it all works out equal in the end, it's not a cheat or anything.
#971 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 11:31:59 AM(UTC)

the truth is that with "share and unshare" you can raise your level.
but the level is not critical to sell all cars for 20mil. the total of all downloads + likes + uses is responsible for this, which must be greater than 50,000.
#972 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 5:23:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spatz971 Go to Quoted Post

the truth is that with "share and unshare" you can raise your level.
but the level is not critical to sell all cars for 20mil. the total of all downloads + likes + uses is responsible for this, which must be greater than 50,000.

Yeah the Tuner or Painter rank has zero to do with selling cars for more money over what they are set by in the AH. You could get to Rank 20 by sharing and unsharing and have 0 downloads, 0 likes and 0 uses credited to your gamertag and you wont be able to sell cars for any more than someone who is Rank 1 with no tunes or paints shared at all.

Im now a Legendary tuner and I was just into just into Rank 19 when I got it.

And at a certain point you can sell cars for 500,000 more than the maxium price set by the AH. Think theres 5 levels to it like in FH3 but you dont see which level you are at as theres no star system like in FH3. So at certains points you get to sell cars for a little more but only 10,000 or so until you are able to do 500,000 before you hit Legendary and then can sell any car for 20m.

On certain cars theres no point as with the new pricing even rare cars can be sold at 20m by anyone. The benefit is when there are rarer cars that havent reached that 20m point, or cars that havent ben a prize for a while. So example is the McLaren 12c, before the Autumn season you would find it hard to get one on the AH, and they were only selling at about 1.1m. So I was able to sell 1 of my duplicates for 20m before the Season change as I knew that they would soon be overstocked in the AH and can then replace the one I sold with the one I win.
#973 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:12:25 PM(UTC)
I've read so many forms to find the answer and come up with different answers. How many sales can you make in the auction in a 24 hour period? Some reason I'm stuck at 13 a day but can bid all day long. Thanks in advance for your help.
#974 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:03:08 AM(UTC)
When I was flipping cars last year, think I could put on 20 auctions in 24 hours and when buying, I almost always went for buyout now.
Don't know if anything changed nowdays, as I don't need Cr or cars any more and sell only those extra cars I get from playlists.

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#975 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:12:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deathstroke9467 Go to Quoted Post
I've read so many forms to find the answer and come up with different answers. How many sales can you make in the auction in a 24 hour period? Some reason I'm stuck at 13 a day but can bid all day long. Thanks in advance for your help.

It is a low amount until you advance your status.
40 Pages<<37383940PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error