This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
35 Pages<<32333435PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#826 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 12:23:20 AM(UTC)
OK, maybe I should have posted this earlier, but I've been hoping for a step back by T10 on the AH since they implemented the new model for calculating cars values...
The fact that cars worth 10M+ in the showroom can't be sold at a price close to that is really driving me crazy, especially taking into account that during the month preceding that update I invested some 50M in the AH, in cars to max out and resell at a later stage to make a profit (wrongly timing I know...)
What's your stance on it?
 1 user liked this post.
#827 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 12:31:32 AM(UTC)
My take is that my kitty doubled from 200 Million to 400 million, and I don't really need more than that. I made 100 million in a few hours on the same day.
 1 user liked this post.
#828 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 1:19:33 AM(UTC)
Surely you wouldn’t get that price for them though anyway? I purchased most of the 10,000,000 credit cars from the AH for less than 2,000,000 each prior to the update. The new system works on supply and demand so if people were paying higher prices for them then they would have a higher cap.

That said, I agree with you that there is no reason to limit the price people are seeking in this way - presumably they could add in a process that players can always seek to sell a car at least up to its face value.
 2 users liked this post.
#829 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 1:38:36 AM(UTC)
The new implementation completely ignores the scarcity of the car. Max buyout for ultra rare cars like 599XX Evo or 812 superfast are extremely low.
A few weeks ago there were a lot of Hoonigan RS200 available, the max buyout was 6M+. Now they are rather rare and the max buyout is 2M. Where is the logic ?
#830 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 7:13:52 AM(UTC)
Top cost comparison :: Showroom -vs- Auction House

Common '04 Honda Civic Type R :: Showroom - 25,000 cr :: Auction - 1,526,000
Epic '95 Porsche 911 GT 2 :: Showroom - 550,000 cr :: Auction - 248,000

The Honda could draw an exorbitant transfer of money for a cheaper than chips car.
The Porsche is a fair price for a used car with unknown perk status.

I doubt either will be purchased except by a money-merchant.
BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
 1 user liked this post.
#831 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 2:29:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BadRiver Go to Quoted Post
Top cost comparison :: Showroom -vs- Auction House

Common '04 Honda Civic Type R :: Showroom - 25,000 cr :: Auction - 1,526,000
Epic '95 Porsche 911 GT 2 :: Showroom - 550,000 cr :: Auction - 248,000

The Honda could draw an exorbitant transfer of money for a cheaper than chips car.
The Porsche is a fair price for a used car with unknown perk status.

I doubt either will be purchased except by a money-merchant.

FYI: Both cars, Honda & Porsche, sold for the maximum auction price. ;/

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
 3 users liked this post.
#832 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 4:17:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I made 100 million in a few hours on the same day.
Once you hit LP or LT, you can easily hit cr999,999,999 by flipping certain vehicles in the AH.

I got to LT a while back and hit max credits within days, BUT that's when the game finally ended for me personally.

This is because, I'd already competed everything possible in the game 100% and reaching cr999,999,999 was one of my last goals.

I sold so many cars for cr20,000,000, that I had to divert funds to a friend (so I could claim the 600,000,000 worth of credits sitting in the AH from vehicles I bought for under cr1,000,000 and flipped.

All in all, probably made cr3,000,000,000, with over two thirds of that since reaching LP status about three weeks ago.

It actually facilitated a natural end to FH4 for me and now I only just spend a couple of hours every Thursday when the new season starts (as opposed to around 6+ hours every day).

Thank god I got my life back! LOL

Edited by user Saturday, September 14, 2019 4:19:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#833 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 3:12:18 AM(UTC)
If price was actually determined by supply and demand we would see a much more interesting auction house.
So strange they limit this. And even worse, they limit the buyout on a car by car basis. No clue what they're thinking.

I am sure there are other ways to make sure legendary painters get their 'bonus', like lowering fees for auctions (or raising the fees for non-legs) or something similar.
There are also different ways to make sure starting players who get a rare car in a wheelspin don't suddenly become billionaires.
In its current form the auction house is very strange and doesn't function like a proper auction house at all.

It would also be nice if you could get a little more information on cars in auctions. Like whether or not they are available in the showroom and what their value would be. A skill tree would be nice too.
#834 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:28:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sir iLex Go to Quoted Post
If price was actually determined by supply and demand we would see a much more interesting auction house.
It would also be nice if you could get a little more information on cars in auctions. Like whether or not they are available in the showroom and what their value would be. A skill tree would be nice too.

I have wondered why new cars got via Wheelspin or any method, don't retain their "New" status in auctions even when auctioned directly from garage without doing anything without them. "New" tag would be clear indicator that car has credits or unlock other car perks unlocked.

I guess logic behind this is like in real world, once car is sold to customer, it's used and loses X% of value.

Other thing I could think is that game economy in general is bit a mess. Skill Points are currency among others and some players may prefer chance to get car with lots of perks unlocked (not credits, bonus car perks) giving all kind of bonuses. Cars with Extralife perk unlocked, which costs 25 Skill Points would probably be valued greatly by players who don't like to grind for Skill Points.
 1 user liked this post.
#835 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:03:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rain IT Go to Quoted Post
OK, maybe I should have posted this earlier, but I've been hoping for a step back by T10 on the AH since they implemented the new model for calculating cars values...
The fact that cars worth 10M+ in the showroom can't be sold at a price close to that is really driving me crazy, especially taking into account that during the month preceding that update I invested some 50M in the AH, in cars to max out and resell at a later stage to make a profit (wrongly timing I know...)
What's your stance on it?

That really annoyed me at first because being short of funds I went sell cars only to find that I could sell something that was valued in my garage at several million dollars could only be sold for a small fraction of that. But i took that as part of the game, I mean really it would be silly if you could buy a car then go sell it for more in the A/H what I would like to see being able to name your own price up to what ever it was valued at.
#836 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:57:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

I have wondered why new cars got via Wheelspin or any method, don't retain their "New" status in auctions even when auctioned directly from garage without doing anything without them. "New" tag would be clear indicator that car has credits or unlock other car perks unlocked.

I guess logic behind this is like in real world, once car is sold to customer, it's used and loses X% of value.

Other thing I could think is that game economy in general is bit a mess. Skill Points are currency among others and some players may prefer chance to get car with lots of perks unlocked (not credits, bonus car perks) giving all kind of bonuses. Cars with Extralife perk unlocked, which costs 25 Skill Points would probably be valued greatly by players who don't like to grind for Skill Points.

I would say the best thing would be to be able to view a car's perk tree in the auction house.
Just a small image of what has been unlocked would work just fine.

By the way: the auction house in game has very little to do with the real world...
"I am sorry sir, we have no maintenance history on this Veneno. The only thing I can tell you is that it has been tuned by a guy named "DRIFTYEAHHHH69". No clue what he did to it, but it is classed 'X' now, whatever that means. Oh, and the terrible paint job, which you can remove by a click of the button by the way, has been done by someone named "FRKSHWDUDE". So ehh, if you'll just sign here to transfer us $20.000.000 the Veneno is yours!"
#837 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:19:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTS350 Go to Quoted Post
I went sell cars only to find that I could sell something that was valued in my garage at several million dollars could only be sold for a small fraction of that.
On the flip side, if you have "VIP" and want to sell a cr5,000,000 car for 20,000,000, go and buy the Jaguar C-Type.

Purchase price cr5,000,000, which any player can sell for cr20,000,000.

You do lose around 3,000,000 in AH commission, but will still clear cr12,000,000 per car (after purchase price and commission).

My friend actually bought around 10 x Jaguar C-Type from the Showroom to list so I could buy for cr20,000,000 in order to reduce my own max credits.

Before I got a chance to buy them all, some randomer had purchased half of them for full "Buyout" price.

I'm guessing it was someone trying to reduce their max funds too.

Both my friend anf I now have 999,999,999 credits.
#838 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:20:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

I would say the best thing would be to be able to view a car's perk tree in the auction house.
Just a small image of what has been unlocked would work just fine.

By the way: the auction house in game has very little to do with the real world...
"I am sorry sir, we have no maintenance history on this Veneno. The only thing I can tell you is that it has been tuned by a guy named "DRIFTYEAHHHH69". No clue what he did to it, but it is classed 'X' now, whatever that means. Oh, and the terrible paint job, which you can remove by a click of the button by the way, has been done by someone named "FRKSHWDUDE". So ehh, if you'll just sign here to transfer us $20.000.000 the Veneno is yours!"

Visible Perk tree would be preferable for reasons I already wrote reply I quoted and you should perhaps go and push the idea a bit by posting it to Feature Request topic. Cars losing their "New" and possibility to maybe have it stick instead, if car hasn't been used was just something I think might be easy to implement and perhaps more likely to happen.

What comes to cars losing credit value, I was wondering if losing X% of value was sort of principle PG used when designing the auction rules and relates to cars losing their "New" tag. In general, there may indeed be many things in FH4 with little resemblance to real word. :-D

#839 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:10:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KTS350 Go to Quoted Post
I went sell cars only to find that I could sell something that was valued in my garage at several million dollars could only be sold for a small fraction of that.
On the flip side, if you have "VIP" and want to sell a cr5,000,000 car for 20,000,000, go and buy the Jaguar C-Type.

Purchase price cr5,000,000, which any player can sell for cr20,000,000.

You do lose around 3,000,000 in AH commission, but will still clear cr12,000,000 per car (after purchase price and commission).

My friend actually bought around 10 x Jaguar C-Type from the Showroom to list so I could buy for cr20,000,000 in order to reduce my own max credits.

Before I got a chance to buy them all, some randomer had purchased half of them for full "Buyout" price.

I'm guessing it was someone trying to reduce their max funds too.

Both my friend anf I now have 999,999,999 credits.

Maybe I should try that I only have 15 million credits.
#840 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:57:53 PM(UTC)
I put 2 up for auction. Neither sold and I cant access them to put them back in garage. My auction shows both links as blank and I get the message "forza 4 server not available" it happened on the first auction so I tested the second. Same result. Anyone have an idea???
 1 user liked this post.
#841 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 5:13:56 PM(UTC)
So when you sell anything in the auction you lose about 10% of it and I want to know why??

Is turn 10 stockpiling our money for something, what’s the point of taking an in game currency that they created?

It **** es me off because I buy this game for almost £100 yet I have to pay a fee of in game money when selling cars. It’s dumb to say the least.

Any staff got an answer for that?
#842 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 7:53:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vividgraphx Go to Quoted Post
I put 2 up for auction. Neither sold and I cant access them to put them back in garage. My auction shows both links as blank and I get the message "forza 4 server not available" it happened on the first auction so I tested the second. Same result. Anyone have an idea???

Sounds weird, I've been trying sell the one I got for 5 days now and it wont sell, the mean time I've managed to win the 5 million I paid for it back through racing and wheel spins so it's now like I got it for nothing well at least thats what i tell myself.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 25, 2019 7:55:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#843 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 9:24:12 AM(UTC)
Now that the Mercedes-AMG GT-R Preorder Car and the Nissan GT-R Preorder Car have both been officially released, is there any word on them being removed from the Auction House blacklist? Only illegitimate cars need be blacklisted in my opinion, and these cars are no longer illegitimate.
#844 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 1:53:52 PM(UTC)
Why are all the minis a part from the 2009 cooper soo expensive
#845 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 9:12:37 AM(UTC)
How do I sell my pre order cars. Every time I try to sell them it says error with the server.
#846 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 12:45:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OCG Conspiracy Go to Quoted Post
How do I sell my pre order cars. Every time I try to sell them it says error with the server.

You cant
They are still blackbanned from the auction house
#847 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 7:52:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: itzbradley2005 Go to Quoted Post
Why are all the minis a part from the 2009 cooper soo expensive

Because they’ve only been offered once before during a Mini-focused season.
 1 user liked this post.
#848 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 7:55:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GyroR6 Go to Quoted Post
So when you sell anything in the auction you lose about 10% of it and I want to know why??

Is turn 10 stockpiling our money for something, what’s the point of taking an in game currency that they created?

It **** es me off because I buy this game for almost £100 yet I have to pay a fee of in game money when selling cars. It’s dumb to say the least.

Any staff got an answer for that?

Because it’s an auction house. Any auction house in real life has a an amount deducted from the final price paid for. Look up Barrett-Jackson auctions for an example.

Regardless, it’s only 10%. Credits are easy enough to come by in this game.

The price you paid for the game and the amount deducted from an auction aren’t correlated in any way what so ever.

You’re not paying a fee, you’re still receiving money. You’re just getting a certain amount deducted. Not the same.
 1 user liked this post.
#849 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 8:42:30 AM(UTC)
I have to agree that the auction pricing system is completely messed up. It is crushing the value of most cars WAY too much and why on Earth can't we delete Barn Finds? At one point nearly a third of the cars I had were purchased Barn Finds to help friends with their cash flow only to find that I'm stuck with them? Is there any way to delete them - right now I am just not reclaiming them from the Auction House - I don't want them in my inventory and they will not sell after months trying. Another point on the extreme randomness of car valuation is the 599xx Evo - arguably the fastest car in the game, cannot be marked up at all? What gives? Please Forza - change the Auction House rules - you are RUINING the game for thousands of players loyal to the game.
#850 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:18:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MeshxMN Go to Quoted Post
I have to agree that the auction pricing system is completely messed up. It is crushing the value of most cars WAY too much and why on Earth can't we delete Barn Finds? At one point nearly a third of the cars I had were purchased Barn Finds to help friends with their cash flow only to find that I'm stuck with them? Is there any way to delete them - right now I am just not reclaiming them from the Auction House - I don't want them in my inventory and they will not sell after months trying. Another point on the extreme randomness of car valuation is the 599xx Evo - arguably the fastest car in the game, cannot be marked up at all? What gives? Please Forza - change the Auction House rules - you are RUINING the game for thousands of players loyal to the game.

Firstly I read your post in the Sellers section on the forum, the AMG-GTR PO and Nissan GTR PO have been blocked from the AH way before the cars were gifted to us. Same as the Focus PO those are the 3 cars that you cant buy or sell at all.

With the Barn finds its best to just not reclaim them and then after I think either 45 or 60 days they will be deleted, only way to remove them.

I think the new pricing has been good especially for players that aren't legendary tuners or painters which is probably 99% of all players. While some cars like the 599XX E is ridiculously low in value other rare cars can go for more than they are worth. It's kinda like a weird supply and demand. As the more a car sells and greater price then the overall cost goes up. So something like the 599XX E doesnt come up often and sells low then it stays low. Strange to watch what happens to some cars. For example the Aston Martin Zagato I bought extras at pretty much minimum price where only 1 would pop up at a time and sell instantly. I got these during the week they came out.. Anyway when I looked again at the car a few weeks later they were going for 12million.

Another example is the Lamborghini Huracan, as it is needed for the Weekly challenge and can only be won once people had sold it or maybe didn't unlock it yet needed it. Before the season changed they were selling for 100K if that and now they can be sold for 600k by anyone. Over last few days the max buyout has been increasing. In the next few days the value will probably reduce when no one is buying them. As I said a kinda weird supply and demand as you would think it would work the other way the 599XX E as being 20mill car and cars that are being sold lots per day to be cheaper.

I think theres upsides and downsides. I agree about having the 10mill value cars only being able to list for a few million, but again they are available in the Autoshow so their not hard to come by.

I dont know if theres a perfect solution, but I think what we have at least gives non legendary tuners and painters to actually profit from some cars rather than sell them dirt cheap for a legendary to come in buy it and list it for 20mill.

EDIT: Also with the ability to sell duplicate cars from wheel spins rather than claiming them and then selling them in the AH, think that is better as if you are lucky to get a 10mill car from there and sell it for 5mill without having to auction it off its much less hassle.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:30:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

35 Pages<<32333435PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error