This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
33 Pages<<2829303132>>PrevNext
 11 users liked this post.
#726 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 5:12:53 PM(UTC)
I just went through the process of starting an auction for some cars to see what the max buyouts are, and so far, the changes totally suck. Some cars can no longer be sold for any sort of sensible price, i.e. the max buyouts for some cars have plummeted. But the max buyouts for sought after exclusives are still pathetically low, they haven't rocketed up to the same extent as some have plummeted.

I can't see the point of artificially limiting buyouts to so much below the autoshow price. There's just no point selling some cars any more, and there's still no point selling exclusives. The AM Vulcan FE, for example, can no longer be listed with a buyout anywhere near what I actually sold one for the other day.

Basically, they've just swung things even more towards the people with legendary status. Before this change, legendary people were the only ones who could sell exclusives for what they are worth. Now it's the same for autoshow cars, only legendary people can sell them for what they're worth because the max buyouts are being set miles below the autoshow price.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:09:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#727 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 10:30:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Basically, they've just swung things even more towards the people with legendary status. Before this change, legendary people were the only ones who could sell exclusives for what they are worth. Now it's the same for autoshow cars, only legendary people can sell them for what they're worth because the max buyouts are being set miles below the autoshow price.

They could have just said: "We're going to deflate the hell out of everything so poor players can buy hundreds of cars for dirt cheap, but never succeed in using the Auction House the capitalist way to make a profit if they're not Legendary painters."

I can't describe how happy I am I got out of my abject poverty and into post-scarcity with a complete collection before this change.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 10:43:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#728 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:39:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nabdone69 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, for some strange reason I cannot sell my cars at auction for as much as I used to. This started happening last night. For example, I can normally sell an Aston Martin Vulcan FE for over 1,000,000 but now I can only sell for 800,000. This goes for all my other cars I try to sell. Any ideas to what is up?

The auction house has been altered in the latest update... now the prices can fluctuate, and at the moment they seem to be fluctuating the wrong way if you ask me.
 1 user liked this post.
#729 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:41:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I just went through the process of starting an auction for some cars to see what the max buyouts are, and so far, the changes totally suck. Some cars can no longer be sold for any sort of sensible price, i.e. the max buyouts for some cars have plummeted. But the max buyouts for sought after exclusives are still pathetically low, they haven't rocketed up to the same extent as some have plummeted.

I can't see the point of artificially limiting buyouts to so much below the autoshow price. There's just no point selling some cars any more, and there's still no point selling exclusives. The AM Vulcan FE, for example, can no longer be listed with a buyout anywhere near what I actually sold one for the other day.

The most successful auction game of all time was Elite, and that priced things based on rarity, so rare cars would be at least 10 Million buyout which is where Forza is going wrong. I see no Limo's in the auction, but I can't sell mine at such low prices... catch 22.

PG are not too smart.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:44:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#730 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:45:58 PM(UTC)
I think if those legendary cars are considered worth more than a regular mortals car only due to the paint or tune it should be able to be resold for the same high price by the new owner, as long as the legendary tune or paint is still on it.

It would be like going to a real life auction and buying a super expensive painting or whatever and later decide to resell it at auction only to be told you cant ask millions because you didn't paint it...ludicrous

Allowing the legends to sell their work via their creative hub and leaving the auctions to be the same for everyone would have worked better and much more fair.

Moderated since 24-06-19 How much longer?
 1 user liked this post.
#731 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 12:52:56 AM(UTC)
all this because just giving better payouts for each paint/tune download is soooo unreasonable. I mean theres people world wide who make a LIVING from respraying cars with custom designs or who work in mechanic shops doing up cars. They obviously go unpaid and merely get shady backwater deals on cars that are sold back and forth....

Oh wait no.. they do get paid. Thats too real world i guess need to have backwater shady deal enablers instead and let the smaller/modest painters/tuners get the short end of the stick, TWICE over
 1 user liked this post.
#732 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 4:49:29 AM(UTC)
Once a car has a buyout limit of about 5 Million you can make money as an artist anyway. I have sold art on the GT 40's, and GT 40 Mk II making millions without being Legendary. So the Artists don't really need a special case. Just make a buyout limit of 5 Million, and that will work for all cars.

Edited by user Thursday, July 4, 2019 4:50:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#733 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:40:13 AM(UTC)
Wth is this change?

This update literally destroyed the auction house for people like me, who don't have enough status to set absurd prices in their auctions. I have close to a complete collection of cars already, this entire update literally nerfed the prices on all autoshow cars, for new players it can be a good thing to buy them cheaper now but they also ruined the purpose of using the auction house to sell painted cars with certain value tunes for a small amount of profit.

There are cars i was selling for like 50k profit before this update and now i loose close to 50k if i do the samething as before, literally beats the purpose of buying a tune to "hype up" the sale so other people take the bait.

This update is retarded. All cars should have a minimum cap in the value aswell, it should be based in the autoshow value with a decrese of that value all the way to a certain percentage. For example, selling a 200k autoshow value car in the auction house with a 25% decrease added, the cars value should go as low as 150k for minimum buyout. Right now alot of cars are worth way less than 50% of their autoshow counterparts, some of them even going as low as 25%, this is stupid. Essentially all cars that are like under 500k value are now worthless, there might be very few exceptions but alot of cars are being sold for the new minimum buyout, which makes it impossible to sell these same cars at any higher value since there is a bunch of them already being sold dirt cheap. Look at BMW M1 for a prime example on how bad this system is for people trying to enjoy the auction house.

Now i can't make any sorts of margin profits from what i do thanks to this update, it's all about waiting on the "popular/elite/pro" players to control the market and then try and tag along with these people. Or try and aim for higher value cars. The thing here is that an instant sell option or a sell option for garage cars is still missing, deleting low value cars is cool and all, this update just increased the list of cars to be removed from the game, cars worth 200k in the autoshow selling for less than 50k, that isn't really worth your time when there are hundreds of the same car going for that low now.

The only good side to this update so far is that they have given every player the possibility to eventually sell cars for as much as the elitist players make them out to be, this is something that doesn't benefit any of us right now since these incredibly brilliant devs have applied price changes to non rare cars only and the rare cars are still "stuck" in their low buyout prices, only the elitist are benefitting from this change. And it will surely take a long freaking time to reach a decent value for the "average" players to take any advantage off. FH5 might even be released before we see a rare car reach the 20m buyout mark for non elite players. Way to ruin this game, if this is what is to come on the next forza titles, i will stop pre-ordering this BS, i've already dealt with alot of disrespect from the devs of this game, Each games economy is focused towards the elitist group of the community, everyone else is constantly getting the middle finger.

Elitist players get to control almost everything this game has to offer while the average players have to deal with this unbalanced trash with each forza game released. If you apply a change like this to the auction house, make sure it applies TO ALL CARS, not just the ones being sold on mass or are from the autoshow.

EDIT: Had to change 2 words being marked by *'s, none of them were bad to begin with, bunch of snowflakes...

Edited by user Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:43:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#734 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 3:35:37 AM(UTC)
I know one thing, the AH update has made the decision to scrap vehicles a hell of a lot easier. When you go to sell a FE car worth 275k and your max buyout sets itself at 41k, while another worth 2mil+ sets the max at only 400K, you might as well forget the AH completely and scrap everything you don't want/need. I was hanging on to surplus cars and selling them for what i thought were already reasonable prices and the majority were selling, now as soon as i'm getting them, i'm immediately scrapping them to save messing about lol
 1 user liked this post.
#735 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 6:26:16 AM(UTC)
Why have they donr this to the auction house it was good as it was, yea ino it's more realistic but when has forza horizon 4 been realistic l, we have:

Lego
quarts regalia
Warthog
Tractor
And a few other things I cannot remember off the top of my head.
I hope this post dont get taken down because I just want to know what other people think of the change.
I even checked the auction house earlier for vintage racers and nothing appeared, either people have stopped selling them cos of the low low price or people went mad buying them cos of the low low price, anyhow let me know your thoughts on the auction house change.
 2 users liked this post.
#736 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 11:23:15 AM(UTC)
Ok, so that new Series 11 update changed the prices of all cars in the Auction House. Honestly I don't know who thought that Porsche 911 GT3 RS Preorder is worth less than a 2005 Honda NSX-R. There are currently TONS of NSX-Rs in the AH, nearly all of them for max buyout over 250.000 Credits! Nobody is buying them! This needs to be fixed quickly!
Also, the normal cars such as VW Golf MK2, Ford Anglia or Jaguar F-Pace have too high value. MK2 Golf's minimal buyout is 11.000 Credits and nobody is buying them simply because there are tons of them in Wheelspins and/or they are too expensive. Yes, 11k is too much for a car that you already have 3 duplicates of. That price needs to go down to maximum of 5.000 Credits.
And a feature most of the players want is getting Credits from deleting cars from garage. The amount of Credits from a deleted car would be 1/4 of its price in the Autoshow and that would be enough.
 1 user liked this post.
#737 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 11:38:26 AM(UTC)
So the prices will set themselves when they'll notice that NOBODY is buying hundreds of Honda NSXes for 250k credits? And why is the Porsche PO worth only 165k max buyout?
This AH update is messed up badly.
 1 user liked this post.
#738 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 2:36:52 PM(UTC)
My guess is they screwed up their algorithm for the AH. It would appear that it is taking an average of the successful buyout prices rather than simply determining whether or not cars sell at 20M from Legendary Tuners/Painters. This will make it impossible for prices to rise to 20M because there are still a lot more players selling these exclusives for low prices (because they can't sell them for anything more) and there aren't enough legendary players to offset these low buyouts with 20M buyouts.

Not that this bothers me personally, as I have Legendary status and can post vehicles for 20M, but if the purpose of the change was to close the gap between Legendary and common players, it appears PG has failed. Not to mention as I have stated in previous posts, they essentially destroyed the buyout of expensive autoshow cars.

Not to mention that every time they list an exclusive car as an event reward or Forzathon shop reward it often tanks the exclusivity of those vehicles (and therefore their AH value). Examples: Lotus 2-Eleven, Honda NSX-R, VW GRC Beetle, Delta HF, etc. used to all be exclusive rare spin vehicles at one time and once they became participation trophies, they are no longer rare commodities.

Also, there appears to be a glitch with the Top Gear Track-tor auction. The auctions won't load until there are about 7 total Track-tors posted then all of them will load at once, I wonder if this is a glitch or if this is a test on a possible patch to prevent macros from working in the AH and allow players a "fairer" shot at getting a chance of sniping cars by delaying the post for a set time and allowing everyone time to know that there is an auction about to post. In anycase, if you want to snipe a Track-tor now would be the time to try.....
 1 user liked this post.
#739 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:53:51 PM(UTC)
I think in 6 months I have only seen 3 exclusive cars at $20mil, they are almost always cheap if and when they get listed, so I don't see how anyone thinks they will gradually gain value based on average selling price.
Last night I did a search for min buyout of $20mil, only 15 cars were listed out of a player base of millions, none of those cars were exclusive.
Exclusive cars are so rare in this game the legendary few don't bother to search for them, its very rare one will get resold for max price and the average will remain low for everyone else, so its actually worse now.

There needs to be more incentive to sell an exclusive car - removing buyouts all together and letting the car sell to the highest bidder would be incentive enough.
Make buyouts available to the legends with whatever price cap and let everyone else auction a car for whatever it goes for with no cap!

As it stands now I delete exclusive cars rather than give them to legendary people to clean up on - call it spite if you must.
Due to no ability to resell a car for what its worth I tend to not participate in events with undesirable cars regardless of how exclusive they are which reduces their availability.

Allowing us to sell for uncapped prices will not enable people to make money it will also encourage them to participate in events - in turn making those events more lively with many more participants = more online fun and a healthy economy.

Moderated since 24-06-19 How much longer?
#740 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 6:26:52 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know why the auction house is broke this week and I found out why some cars get sniped immediately some of the players who use their computers use programs that buy the cars out as soon as they touch the market

My personal wishes for the AH
The ability to not put a buyout
The ability to sell cars privately too friends (with no limits on price when it’s private)
Have every car be able to be sold for at least 1 mill above the standard price
And the ability to gift cars
 2 users liked this post.
#741 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 6:35:54 PM(UTC)
These new prices are a slap in the face to those of us who already can't get good money for rare vehicles. Now I'm not allowed to go above bare minimum for a buy out price on expensive regular vehicles. maximum buyouts of 20,000 on a 300,000 car is unacceptable. The auction house will be pretty barren soon with pricing like that. I'll just delete everything I don't want from now on. Way to make the situation worse for us poor non "elite" unworthy players.
 2 users liked this post.
#742 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 6:52:50 PM(UTC)
Yep, they shafted the auction house.

The 'rare' Daytona used to be minimum buyout of 495k, now is in the 200k range.

The hoonigan focus used to max out at 550k, sold one for 800k, not sure that was as high as I could set it.

Noticed the 914/6 could only be listed at ~50k....

Vice president, moderated club.
#743 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 2:13:52 AM(UTC)
If it was a real auction then empty slots would be worth a lot of money, but they aren't. I think that the game needs a realistic pricing system, and that Ai also buys cars that don't sell as well.

Edited by user Saturday, July 6, 2019 2:15:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#744 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 4:59:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
More details on the AH Update from Discord:

The trouble with that is that rare cars are often not listed at the maximum. I've bought loads of rare cars which were listed for low buyouts.

For example, someone on reddit just got lucky finding a Crown Vic. The price? Just 14k. (I have one and am able to set a 131k buyout. Which is still far too low for how rare the car is.)

Surely the system needs to take into account how few of a particular car are being listed, and/or how quickly they sell, rather than (or not just) the price. Any really rare and in-demand car like the Crown Vic will sell within seconds.

Edited by user Saturday, July 6, 2019 4:59:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#745 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 7:58:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
More details on the AH Update from Discord:

The trouble with that is that rare cars are often not listed at the maximum. I've bought loads of rare cars which were listed for low buyouts.

For example, someone on reddit just got lucky finding a Crown Vic. The price? Just 14k. (I have one and am able to set a 131k buyout. Which is still far too low for how rare the car is.)

Surely the system needs to take into account how few of a particular car are being listed, and/or how quickly they sell, rather than (or not just) the price. Any really rare and in-demand car like the Crown Vic will sell within seconds.

I noticed this also when piecing together the PO car set a few months back. Every buy out I managed to hit was at a ridiculously low price. I checked a few of them yesterday and the max I can set is still really low and these are some of the rarest cars in the game. If they want to base actual value on anything, base it on how fast a buyout is hit on any particular car. From the moment it's listed to when the buyout is hit. Anything that sells in seconds is rare.

Edited by user Saturday, July 6, 2019 7:59:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#746 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:02:03 AM(UTC)
Honestly, I'd suggest scrapping the Auction House entirely at this point and replacing it with a system similar to Steam trading. Players could list a car they have or want, (optionally) another car they want or have as part of the trade, and a min/max bid (either credit or debit, depending on what they offer). Simple offers could be matched and completed automatically (similar to how the stock market works); more complex transactions could be matched and both parties notified to enter negotiations (add more cars, up the credit difference, etc.).

The advantage would be that it evens out one's wheelspin luck. Think about how many posts you've seen where everyone commiserates about a rare car, only for one player to show up that can't get anything but that one car off a wheelspin.

Edited by user Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:03:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#747 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 1:33:03 PM(UTC)
How about removing the caps and let the markets prevail?
#748 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 1:58:20 PM(UTC)
TLDR;

Forget about the auction house, just give me the ability to not accept duplicate cars from wheel spins...

OR

PLEASE give the ability to turn wheel spins OFF (or hide the notification # in the pause menu... OCD)
#749 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 5:22:53 PM(UTC)
The auction house needs to go at this point. It was just a sad joke before, now it is a complete embarrassment to the Forza franchise.

"Forget the sniper bots and all the other nonsense in the AH, let's screw with the pricing algorithm to make it an even bigger farce!"

The only thing that could possibly salvage this update would be the ability to reject duplicate cars on the spot so I don't have to waste more minutes of my life navigating through the god awful clunky menus just to get rid of another VW Golf.
 1 user liked this post.
#750 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:49:38 PM(UTC)
Get rid of the Auction House altogether and put those resources into the rest of the game.

That is all.
33 Pages<<2829303132>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error