40 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:21:45 AM(UTC)
Ah Mrs Doyle, you're such a tease but I like you.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 4:59:44 PM(UTC)

Real world economics? Really? In the real world, if you own a Ferrari, nobody tells you that there's a limit to how much you can auction it off for. This isn't a reward for painters and tuners, it's a limitation for everyone else.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, I'm guessing you have never taken a College Economics class or understand the business market. As the games Auction is not based on real world rules of Auction or the availability of the cars into the real world, but does offer a way that people can use to influence a market if they put enough effort and knowledge into it. We didn't make the rules, we only took what was handed to us and figured out another way the game can earn us credits. Didn't make the people sell them, buy them, etc. Its really strange that people beg for a Mazda RX7 for cheap when they can earn it for free, lol.

"Integrity, is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." -Anonymous and/or Paraphrase -Charles Marshall.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:07:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AM Big Red Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Real world economics? Really? In the real world, if you own a Ferrari, nobody tells you that there's a limit to how much you can auction it off for. This isn't a reward for painters and tuners, it's a limitation for everyone else.

I'm sorry, I'm guessing you have never taken a College Economics class or understand the business market. As the games Auction is not based on real world rules of Auction or the availability of the cars into the real world, but does offer a way that people can use to influence a market if they put enough effort and knowledge into it. We didn't make the rules, we only took what was handed to us and figured out another way the game can earn us credits. Didn't make the people sell them, buy them, etc. Its really strange that people beg for a Mazda RX7 for cheap when they can earn it for free, lol.

Literally none of this changes our point.

Just have to hope that whatever 'balance' Ralph speaks of keeps things in check.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:15:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:45:15 AM(UTC)
Hmmm, well I personally only make a few liveries and mainly just for myself, but they are pretty spot on to the real life counter parts. I spend hours doing them, but I don't ever get rewarded because I don't want them to be put up and see everyone driving around in my car. I'd rather sell off a few of them on the AH so there is only a few of them floating around. Or like when I do police liveries, I change the number on every car so EACH livery I put out is unique. (Shamefull plug, if you are looking for Japanese police cars, check my GT, gonna have a whole fleet of liveries available at launch.) What I would like to do is just have the option to auction them off on the AH for a realistically decent price for the hours I put into these cars. But unless I give X amount of players a free grab at my liveries, I don't get that option. Seems a bit unfair to me... Forza Motorsport 4 had the best AH. I don't see the issue in being able to auction a 10,000 credit car for 100,000,000 credits. If someone is stupid enough to buy it, or if my friend wants to give me some credits than you should allow that. But I'm sure a majority of us would just skip the car and move on.

Maybe the fix is that when putting cars in the AH, we can choose WHY we put them up there, and if they sell, that will increase our skills in that category (liveries/tunes) It can be monitored by looking at the car and seeing is there in fact a custom paint job on the car? Is there infact a custom tune on the car where the tune is different from the standard default tune? Its a shame, feels like Im going to get screwed in this game aswell and that the AH won't be worth anyones time.
#30 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 7:15:43 PM(UTC)
-

Edited by user Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:34:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Wrong forum sorry

1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:39:12 AM(UTC)
Auction Snipers and Flippers a.k.a Scalpers are a huge issue in the Auction house right now, Can't get the car I want because People are sniping and reselling for more then the price they sniped. Do people just not know how to race and just want to scam everybody?
#32 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:40:32 AM(UTC)
How does the leveling for „painters“ work in FH4? In Horizon 3, you were able to reach the legendary painter status, but I don’t understand how it works in Horizon 4.

Can someone explain this whole topic?

And what do i need to reach, to get higher buyouts in the auction house?
#33 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 8:36:34 AM(UTC)
Anyone know when the auction house unlocks? Playing on Pc, level 23. Everything else seems to be unlocked.
#34 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 8:53:20 AM(UTC)
Probably the same as every other game, paint a car green in the first few hours of the game, share it, legendary painter for ever lol
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:31:56 AM(UTC)
It probably won't unlock until everyone has the game on the 2nd
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 11:34:52 AM(UTC)
Can't remember when I gained access but it was some time during the winter-campaign I think. So yeah, it is open and I'm on PC as well. Not sure why it's not working for you though, sorry :(
#37 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:06:50 PM(UTC)
Hello what's the limited of number of auction per 1h. If i sold three cars i'm blocked for 2 hours at least to sel anything?
#38 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:04:35 PM(UTC)
I'm interested as well.
#39 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 8:36:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aumanil Go to Quoted Post
Hello what's the limited of number of auction per 1h. If i sold three cars i'm blocked for 2 hours at least to sel anything?

Unknown at this point to me. If we're thinking like it was in FH3, then it would be 25 cars every 24 hours.
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 11:09:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Ralph Fulton addressed this question with Motorworldhype at E3. "The reason that we allow Legendary painters and tuners to set prices higher than the price limit because we want to reward those people for the work they do within the community and the content they create for others." but they'll look at the balance of the limits.

https://youtu.be/y5ekvoTwtP8?t=494

Someone needs to tell Ralph that the "reward" most Legends get for reaching Legend status is ruining the AH for the vast majority of the players. We're not innocent here. The community can be very toxic at times.

Which is why I don't care about the AH at all. Everything I want, I try to earn myself, unless it's something really hard to get.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 3 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 12:27:17 AM(UTC)
The reward for those that contribute should be the credits from the downloads and uses.

If FM7 is anything to go by, much of that contribution will be garbage, spam, retreaded imports or just being first/lucky with being in the top 5 while the good stuff that takes time to make is impossible to find.
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 1:35:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TehWalrus2234 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Aumanil Go to Quoted Post

Unknown at this point to me. If we're thinking like it was in FH3, then it would be 25 cars every 24 hours.

It feels more like 4 cars per 24 hours :(
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 4:08:52 AM(UTC)
Its much less than FH3. I got locked out very quickly. (id say about 10 cars). Really screws up how I used to make money in FH3 by playing the auction house.

Oh well, you make so much on wheel spins now its not a huge deal imo.
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 4:09:47 AM(UTC)
Its much less than FH3. I got locked out very quickly. (id say about 10 cars). Really screws up how I used to make money in FH3 by playing the auction house.

Oh well, you make so much on wheel spins now its not a huge deal imo.
#45 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 11:13:47 AM(UTC)
i have. put two cars in to sell its not letting me. view or claim. them just shows them loading is this happening. to anyone else. or there something. i can do thax
 3 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 3:26:57 AM(UTC)
Hello !

Seeing as you can play the whlole game with just a handful of cars.......and there is no achievement for having “x” amount of cars in your garage, I was going to sell a load of cars in the auction house, so I can move in to Edinburgh castle.

However, there appears to be a limit to the number of auctions you can put on in a specific time period, as having put maybe 10 auctions on a while ago...I am being blocked from putting any more on at the moment.

Anyone know the limit of number of auctions, and what the time period is ?

Thank you!

Cheerio!
#47 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 6:57:43 AM(UTC)
I'm getting the same issue as well. I always believed the limit was 25 per 24 hours on previous Forza games. However, like you have experienced, I'm getting substantially less that that at the moment. It appears to be a rolling 24 hours as well so if you have a session where you put a fair number of cars on, you have to wait for the 24 hours to expire before the allocation refreshes. If anyone has more accurate info on this I would be keen to know as well.

I can completely see why this has been done, but on the other hand its really annoying, especially if you enjoy dealing cars!
 4 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:54:42 AM(UTC)
I know that bidding on your favorite car can be a bit of a cutthroat adventure, and rightfully so, but there is one huge incident of bad etiquette that seems to happen with regularity. I first saw this in FH3, but I am already seeing it in FH4 as well. Let's say I bid on a car that no one else seems to have any interest in. Then, out of nowhere, someone comes along and does a buyout on the car that I have bid on, even though there are many more cars in the same auction all with very similar buyout prices. If you plan to just do a buyout, then why not pick a car that doesn't have a bid on it already? You would still get your car for the same price, but you would not deprive someone the chance of getting it cheaper.

A perfect example...I wanted to get a '11 Subaru WRX. I do a search in the auction and find no less than 8 cars with start bids around 3,000 and buyouts between 18,000-20,000. I put in a bid on one of them (with a 20,000 buyout), and about 5 minutes later, someone buys out the car I was bidding on, even though there were 7 more cars with the same buyout (or less) than had not been bid on yet. Since they only wanted to do a buyout and not bid, why could this person not just pick one of the other cars and make me lose my chance at getting one for 3,000? Sometimes I think that people just jump on the first listing that has a price they are willing to spend, and they can't be bothered to scroll a bit more and see the other listings.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 9:57:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
#49 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:57:04 AM(UTC)
YES. Seriously, this needs to stop. This just happened to me as well.
 2 users liked this post.
#50 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:58:42 AM(UTC)
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. People will generally just grab the first one that's at an acceptable price point, especially for pretty cheap cars like that (it's a lot different for FE Vehicles where most people will bid, not buyout).
If it's not showing correctly, I've been playing Forza since 2009 (Tier 11).
Previously known as: nascargamer24, MVVA24
40 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error