40 Pages<<2526272829>>PrevNext
 5 users liked this post.
#651 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 7:00:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PowerSauce24131 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FreshGALNET Go to Quoted Post
Simple fix (as in a couple of seconds coding) put a human verification system in place whereby macros/AutoKey can't be used.

A simple fix would be to shutdown the AH and it's place, I'd rather see the Forzathon Shop turned into a dealer type where we can sell back our dups for say half the value.

I like the auction, I don't like the 20 Million Legendary Status.
#652 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 7:19:45 AM(UTC)
Reading some of this thread I saw someone mention Ebay, so I went and had a look-see. It is disgusting what you can find there with the hacked saves, millions of credits, PO cars, etc. I really wish that the devs would/could do something about it, but will/can they. I guess it is just a byproduct of the game being on PC. I see people talk about the game economy but IMO there is no economy left. It has been ruined beyond fixing at this point.
#653 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 7:43:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Reading some of this thread I saw someone mention Ebay, so I went and had a look-see. It is disgusting what you can find there with the hacked saves, millions of credits, PO cars, etc. I really wish that the devs would/could do something about it, but will/can they. I guess it is just a byproduct of the game being on PC. I see people talk about the game economy but IMO there is no economy left. It has been ruined beyond fixing at this point.

I looked to see if there was an auction cheat (not to actually get it), and instead found a cheat for 1000's of wheelspins (which I also didn't get).
#654 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 11:22:52 AM(UTC)
Why does it take so long when listing a car on the AH for it to go through it's little spinning animation for sometimes a minute before telling you, "you have reached you maximum number auctions for this time period"?

Total fail on the part of the devs as it should not take this long to find out you cannot list the car. I'm on 80mb fibre internet as well, so I can only assume this is worse for those with slower internet connections.

Surely it cannot be hard to implement a on the fly tally of what auctions a user has left and when the next allowance starts?
#655 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 3:24:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HazCraft Go to Quoted Post
Why does it take so long when listing a car on the AH for it to go through it's little spinning animation for sometimes a minute before telling you, "you have reached you maximum number auctions for this time period"?

Total fail on the part of the devs as it should not take this long to find out you cannot list the car. I'm on 80mb fibre internet as well, so I can only assume this is worse for those with slower internet connections.

Surely it cannot be hard to implement a on the fly tally of what auctions a user has left and when the next allowance starts?

It's 25 per 24 hours if you want to add it up yourself, it used to be 20 it's gone up.

Edited by user Saturday, May 4, 2019 3:25:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#656 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 3:28:47 PM(UTC)
I've been away from the game for a couple months, so I missed out on a lot of the rare cars. So far I've been able to snag an M3-GTR, a 2019 Z4 and an Escalade, although it can be very tedious to sit there for who knows how long refreshing over and over for a rare car and trying to be fast enough to snipe it when one does show up. That 599XX is going to be rough, I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to get one. A game is supposed to be fun, not frustrating. (As for the 812 Superfast, I got one back when it was in the Forzathon shop.)
Forza Faithful since FM4.
#657 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 3:53:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
I've been away from the game for a couple months, so I missed out on a lot of the rare cars. So far I've been able to snag an M3-GTR, a 2019 Z4 and an Escalade, although it can be very tedious to sit there for who knows how long refreshing over and over for a rare car and trying to be fast enough to snipe it when one does show up. That 599XX is going to be rough, I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to get one. A game is supposed to be fun, not frustrating. (As for the 812 Superfast, I got one back when it was in the Forzathon shop.)

It's easier to enter the comps to win them. That's how I'm getting them.
#658 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 10:40:37 PM(UTC)
I've just snagged an RTR Mustang and a 599XX Evo in a short amount of time. It's a Saturday night, I wonder if that has anything to do with the rare cars showing up more frequently. Well I'm not complaining!
Forza Faithful since FM4.
 1 user liked this post.
#659 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6:56:45 AM(UTC)
Can't we all just agree that while FH4 made alot of improvements to how the game works, the changes for the auction house are the worst ever. The auction house in FH4 is literally the worst version so far, instead of making it better, they are making it worst with each new game release. Game is also garbage perfomance-wise, i understand they wanted to make special effects with this game, but they have pushed and abused on the xbox one system with this game, i would rather have a quick experience navigating through the menus than having special effects and constant freezes.

FM2 easily had the best auction house ever in my experience, and it was the first one. I have never played FM3 and 4 online, so i don't really know how the auction house worked on those 2 games, if they were improvements on the FM2 version or the samething with minor changes. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. Also the idea of those 3 rare cars injected by turn 10 every once in a while, it was decent to get rid of excessive money from the game as each car would usually go for 10M+.

FH3, a bad auction house in general compared to the old ones. The tiered system pretty much ruined it, everyone should be entitled to sell their cars for a profit. Even if you had to give some sort of reward to the populars and experts in painting and tuning, you could easily increase the max buyout for their auctions, stock players would have 5.5M max for any car while top tiers would go as high as 20M or some other insane high value.

FM7, a much better auction than FH3 but also limited by the crappy tiered system, this could have been the best auction house to date but it got ruined by the crappy tiered system again. This is ignoring possible technical issues the auction house could potentially have.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. Not only this, but they removed the option to sell duplicates from spins directly and from garage, so you only have two options now, remove the car from garage and get no money or sell the cars at the auction house, which is a very painfull process since creating auctions and collecting cars can take a freaking long time that it beats the purpose of even using it unless it is for high value vehicles, it is redicolous how the auction house is so slow, primitive and broken. I do hope they fix this garbage by the next game they release. I'm skipping ahead on the next forza games at launch day, bought 3 consecutive games as pre-orders with everything included, it is time i step down on this situation and wait for better results for the average racing gamer.

PS: The auction house shouldn't have limited functionality based on your skills or popularity, this is a major issue turn 10 keeps ignoring. They are cattering to the few players in their games and completly alienating the majority of the player base by giving them hardcaps that are... hard to overcome since their entire system isn't that great to begin with. The only thing they accomplish with this system is a replica of the real world economy, a major cluster F where very few people have the biggest amount of wealth within the world while the majority of the people have to live up with a smaller portions, this is bad for the game and it should be balanced out accordingly with all players in mind, not just the elites.

PPS: This is something i always wanted to say since the release of FH4, i could live with the previous 2 auction houses from FH3 and FM7, but this one... it's just horrible, and after a long time i decided to voice my opinion.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:04:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#660 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:28:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
I've just snagged ...... a 599XX Evo in a short amount of time.

Niiiice!! I'm super jealous, I've been trying to score one since last Thursday, but with zero success. Will continue to hawk for one, perhaps I'll get lucky soon!

Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
#661 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 7:43:07 AM(UTC)
Along with all the other issues people have brought up about the auction house, has anyone else noticed that the option to view 'Unique' and 'Rare' cars always shows the same cars that I am sure everyone already has? How about showing cars that really ARE rare, as oposed to barn find cars ect. At least FH3 had a tab to display 'good deals' or something then like that.
#662 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 8:00:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AxelBaron Go to Quoted Post
Along with all the other issues people have brought up about the auction house, has anyone else noticed that the option to view 'Unique' and 'Rare' cars always shows the same cars that I am sure everyone already has? How about showing cars that really ARE rare, as oposed to barn find cars ect. At least FH3 had a tab to display 'good deals' or something then like that.

You can use the X button in search to find some really rare cars.
#663 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 3:28:09 AM(UTC)
I think that it would be good for the game if 10 cars were put in the auction house that aren't available anywhere else. They can't be bought from the Forzathon Shop, they can't be found in Barn Finds, and they aren't given out as rewards. Sold originally at 10 Million Buyout. 1 Million Starting Bid. Then put a 20 Million limit on them for everyone, and see what happens.

Edited by user Thursday, May 16, 2019 3:30:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#664 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:34:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I think that it would be good for the game if 10 cars were put in the auction house that aren't available anywhere else. They can't be bought from the Forzathon Shop, they can't be found in Barn Finds, and they aren't given out as rewards. Sold originally at 10 Million Buyout. 1 Million Starting Bid. Then put a 20 Million limit on them for everyone, and see what happens.

What purpose does this serve?
 1 user liked this post.
#665 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:20:57 AM(UTC)

That doesn't work here. The games economy is poorly built, there are people with max stacks of credits and others in the hundreds of millions constantly buying cars and making huge amounts of profits everyday.

Adding limited cars selling for 20m is no big deal to these people, they would camp the auction house to buy these cars instantly and make IRL profits off of them. There are people buying the GT40 from barn finds for 8m-10m instantly for some reason, so if people buy barn finds for that much instantly, then limited cars for 20M doesn't sound impossible. They could instead make weekly special auctions with limited cars similiar to those in FM2, along the week, you would see 10 special cars (special editions of other cars in the game) being posted in the auction house to bid on, these same 5 cars would be auctioned every week with the single purpose of getting rid of excessive money from the game. These weekly auctions would also add 1 minute to the timer each time it was bid on in the last few moments of the auction, further reinforcing a huge money sink from these people, if they really want the car, then throw away as much money as you can at the game.

This is a much better way to deal with the excessive money in this game, it would help alot since it would be 10 cars per week, this would mean the game would generate only 52 of each of those cars per year, so every week 10 players with excessive amounts of money in the game would be temporarly broke (this is implying people would be stupid enough to dish out 500m+ for a car, i am pretty sure there are some people in the community willing to do that).

Forza motorsport 2 had the best online economy out of all the forza games imo. I remember putting alot of effort in FM2 to get 10M through the auction house, then put some extra effort into getting 20M. I had to manually search for race cars being sold for a much lower value than they should be, buy them out, sell them for a profit. Back then there was also the factor of car stats, cars with 1k wins would be worth alot more than they should be. Rare and professional paints had alot more meaning to the game, there was no sharing system, you wanted that nice paintjob? You have to buy that car, the paint could be locked or not, all up to the creator to decide, there were some good looking paints being sold for high values but weren't locked, meaning you would be sort of buying the rights to change that paintjob as you see fit and resell it within the game.
 5 users liked this post.
#666 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:24:55 AM(UTC)

NOTHING will help the AH until they do 2 things:
1. Get rid of the Legendary status
2. Stop the script snipers

Until those 2 things are done the AH is useless for 98% of the user base.
 1 user liked this post.
#667 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:53:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BygoneGnome29 Go to Quoted Post

That doesn't work here. The games economy is poorly built, there are people with max stacks of credits and others in the hundreds of millions constantly buying cars and making huge amounts of profits everyday.

Adding limited cars selling for 20m is no big deal to these people, they would camp the auction house to buy these cars instantly and make IRL profits off of them. There are people buying the GT40 from barn finds for 8m-10m instantly for some reason, so if people buy barn finds for that much instantly, then limited cars for 20M doesn't sound impossible. They could instead make weekly special auctions with limited cars similiar to those in FM2, along the week, you would see 10 special cars (special editions of other cars in the game) being posted in the auction house to bid on, these same 5 cars would be auctioned every week with the single purpose of getting rid of excessive money from the game. These weekly auctions would also add 1 minute to the timer each time it was bid on in the last few moments of the auction, further reinforcing a huge money sink from these people, if they really want the car, then throw away as much money as you can at the game.

This is a much better way to deal with the excessive money in this game, it would help alot since it would be 10 cars per week, this would mean the game would generate only 52 of each of those cars per year, so every week 10 players with excessive amounts of money in the game would be temporarly broke (this is implying people would be stupid enough to dish out 500m+ for a car, i am pretty sure there are some people in the community willing to do that).

Forza motorsport 2 had the best online economy out of all the forza games imo. I remember putting alot of effort in FM2 to get 10M through the auction house, then put some extra effort into getting 20M. I had to manually search for race cars being sold for a much lower value than they should be, buy them out, sell them for a profit. Back then there was also the factor of car stats, cars with 1k wins would be worth alot more than they should be. Rare and professional paints had alot more meaning to the game, there was no sharing system, you wanted that nice paintjob? You have to buy that car, the paint could be locked or not, all up to the creator to decide, there were some good looking paints being sold for high values but weren't locked, meaning you would be sort of buying the rights to change that paintjob as you see fit and resell it within the game.

With Barn finds you can make a new account, do the barn find again, and sell the car to yourself, so there's a cheat for that, and I'm trying to remove the cheat aspect.

Quote:
NOTHING will help the AH until they do 2 things:
1. Get rid of the Legendary status
2. Stop the script snipers

Until those 2 things are done the AH is useless for 98% of the user base.

Putting a 20 Million cap for everyone does eliminate the legendary status which I mentioned.

Scripts don't really work much better than a human clicking, I have won all the auctions that I go for apart from people doing deals on single cars.
#668 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 3:24:48 AM(UTC)
Using a secondary account to get extra cars is not cheating, you can't buy them for free in this game, there is always money involved in the transaction. That "issue" has been present since the days of FM2, there were people that had multiple accounts to get cars for free from the secondary accounts, back then you could gift cars to other people.

What i described as a solution is much better, forgot to mention that these weekly auction cars should be locked out from the auction house once sold, i believe the cars in FM2 were like that, so once you buy one from the auction, you couldn't sell it back. (this stops people from taking advantage of trying to sell one for IRL profits, it could still be done with secondary accounts, but that would require alot of effort to the point i don't see anyone bothering with it).

And of course, the legendary status has to be changed has mentioned in my first post, i'm ok with legendary status having access to creating 20M auctions, Non legendary players shouldn't be selling cars at a huge loss, so i do think that 5M auctions for any car under 5M would be a good change, 5M+ cars would go go as high as their store value (basically 10M).

This game is cattering to the smaller portion of the playerbase which is sad, the auction house is useless in FH4 other than to buy cars, selling cars is hardly worth it for me. I usually have to make upgrades/tunes and a paintjob to a 200k car to be able to sell that car for like 250k. It's not worth the investment, i do like selling cars to people, one of the best things forza had was this, but the purpose of selling online is getting to the point it's just a waste of time.
#669 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 3:31:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BygoneGnome29 Go to Quoted Post
Using a secondary account to get extra cars is not cheating, you can't buy them for free in this game, there is always money involved in the transaction. That "issue" has been present since the days of FM2, there were people that had multiple accounts to get cars for free from the secondary accounts, back then you could gift cars to other people.

What i described as a solution is much better, forgot to mention that these weekly auction cars should be locked out from the auction house once sold, i believe the cars in FM2 were like that, so once you buy one from the auction, you couldn't sell it back. (this stops people from taking advantage of trying to sell one for IRL profits, it could still be done with secondary accounts, but that would require alot of effort to the point i don't see anyone bothering with it).

And of course, the legendary status has to be changed has mentioned in my first post, i'm ok with legendary status having access to creating 20M auctions, Non legendary players shouldn't be selling cars at a huge loss, so i do think that 5M auctions for any car under 5M would be a good change, 5M+ cars would go go as high as their store value (basically 10M).

This game is cattering to the smaller portion of the playerbase which is sad, the auction house is useless in FH4 other than to buy cars, selling cars is hardly worth it for me. I usually have to make upgrades/tunes and a paintjob to a 200k car to be able to sell that car for like 250k. It's not worth the investment, i do like selling cars to people, one of the best things forza had was this, but the purpose of selling online is getting to the point it's just a waste of time.

The auction is for selling back at a profit, that's the point of it, else it's not an auction, it's a sale. Elite was the best game of all time, and it was about buying low, and selling high. So far I have made 168 Million in the auction, and that's why I like it, and I didn't cheat, and I don't have legendary status, and I don't have two accounts. But with the Ford GT40 MK II in the shop it has killed the auction. I made 40 Million on the Ford GT40 MK II last Saturday, this Saturday I'm not doing the auction at all.

Edited by user Friday, May 17, 2019 3:37:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#670 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 5:33:25 AM(UTC)
I'm not able to use the AH at the moment cuz of some stupid nonsense limitations. Is the limit really 1 car per hour? Needs to be raised to 5 cars per hour at least.
#671 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 6:07:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OzzTheBozz85 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not able to use the AH at the moment cuz of some stupid nonsense limitations. Is the limit really 1 car per hour? Needs to be raised to 5 cars per hour at least.

The limit is 25 cars per day. In an hour you can cram lots in, I must have had 10 in an hour before.
#672 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 12:18:24 PM(UTC)
How it possible, guy bought two cars from me with only 7 seconds delay between deals.
#673 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:02:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ih8monkey Go to Quoted Post
How it possible, guy bought two cars from me with only 7 seconds delay between deals.

Running a script on PC
#674 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:09:09 AM(UTC)
You can just about get two cars in 7 seconds if they are in the same list. If you had to search twice that would take longer. Sometimes I'm bidding for two cars at once with a 15 second difference between them, I have enough time to do both bids with a bit of slack.

Edited by user Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:10:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#675 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 9:29:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ih8monkey Go to Quoted Post

Running a script on PC

Is it legal or just devs don't care about it?
40 Pages<<2526272829>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error