40 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext
#626 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 9:03:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BADBADGER18 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: v Skoll v Go to Quoted Post
I recently acquired a Louts Elise 111s off the wheelspin, this is the second time I have gotten one, and the first time around I sold the Elise for bottom dollar without realizing it (and other vehicles) was a rare, wheelspin only acquisition.

So I wanted to sell it for a bit more than I did last time and went over to the auction house to see how much they were selling for. There were only two auctions, and both had Buy Now prices of 20 million credits. I didn't want to sell it for that much, maybe 10% of that, but found that I could only increase the Buy Now to something like 160k credits.

Long story short, how are people able to increase the Buy Now that high? Am I missing something?

I think I saw those exact same cars lmao

because they are legendary painters or tuners, in other words because they did tons of tunes/paints at game early days. Now, their status allows them to sell max prix of 20M and you, you are screwed because reaching legendary level is, from memory, like 70000 downloads of either tunes or paints, good luck with that.

#627 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 1:12:30 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know how to get rid of an unsold car in the auction house after getting a Forza server not available when trying to reclaim the car, it went back into my garage. I’ve now resold the same car in another design however the original designed car won’t clear from the auction house, I’ve cleared down the auction alert but it’s still there, really annoying! Must be a glitch
#628 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:20:51 AM(UTC)
I see the Script Kiddies are still alive in the AH. Listed a Twin Mill and it was bought out before I even exited the listing.
 2 users liked this post.
#629 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:34:49 AM(UTC)
The colours are still wrong in the Auction. I posted that bug months ago, and used a ticket. My Game Of Thrones Aston Martin is currently bright metallic green which is the default colour. The real colour is brown. It's meant to look like a dragon body. Now, because the auction colour is bright green it is hard to tell that it is a Game of Thrones design at all. It is ready for the new series of the show, and it took 2 weeks to design, and nobody can be bothered to do a 5 minute fix on the auction colours.
#630 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:25:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jack 0O1 Go to Quoted Post
And to top it off, players are now running macros to auto-purchase rare cars on auction house...

What is macros?
#631 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:47:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PUNISHER666911 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jack 0O1 Go to Quoted Post
And to top it off, players are now running macros to auto-purchase rare cars on auction house...

What is macros?

Short pieces of code that do the bidding faster than a human can.

I still win 90% of my bids though anyway.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:48:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#632 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 10:06:50 AM(UTC)
Not a Auction House - Its a Cheat House. It doesn't matter how the alleged legendary tuners/painters became the recipients of this ability to cheat all other players but it is shameful. You are forced to sell your cars below their market price to the to the ones who can sell it 10 to 15 times what you can. That's about as dishonest as it gets. I have lots of rare vehicles that I can't auction because I can't get what their worth at the alleged Auction House.
Flag
 3 users liked this post.
#633 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 1:28:42 PM(UTC)
Saying the crazy prices that painters can charge is a "reward" is out to lunch. Nothing anybody else does is worth 20,000,000 credits extra. That's way more than any reward in this game for any other accomplishment. It's basically a legal money cheat and it's disgusting.

Edited by user Saturday, April 27, 2019 1:29:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#634 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:20:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Saying the crazy prices that painters can charge is a "reward" is out to lunch. Nothing anybody else does is worth 20,000,000 credits extra. That's way more than any reward in this game for any other accomplishment. It's basically a legal money cheat and it's disgusting.

Most these people became legendary when they had the game early, and everyone wanted quick paint jobs. They didn't have to do anything to get the status, and I can spend 2 weeks on a paint job, and not build up my status at all.
 2 users liked this post.
#635 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 2:57:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

Most these people became legendary when they had the game early, and everyone wanted quick paint jobs. They didn't have to do anything to get the status, and I can spend 2 weeks on a paint job, and not build up my status at all.

When I am looking for a rare car I always do an advanced search with min buyout at 20m, there results are always less than 10 cars at that price and are always cars that can be bought from the auto show, there is hardly ever a rare car listed regardless of price.

The over the top ability for a select few to exploit doesn't really hurt anyone if there is no cars for them to buy!

#636 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:00:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post

When I am looking for a rare car I always do an advanced search with min buyout at 20m, there results are always less than 10 cars at that price and are always cars that can be bought from the auto show, there is hardly ever a rare car listed regardless of price.

The over the top ability for a select few to exploit doesn't really hurt anyone if there is no cars for them to buy!

Yes it does, because they can raise the price of all the cars by buying them all out. I don't think that many people buy them at 20 Million though. I tried to buy a Capri FE for 20 Million, and a Crown Vic, but lost both bids.

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:04:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#637 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 6:33:37 AM(UTC)

Peoples have so mutch credits that rare cars sold in seconds even at 20m cr. It's easy to snipe cars that sell at 20m cr but there is not many peoples who sell rare cars at 20m because many legendary painter and tuner have more credits than they can spent.

But still i think this legend status is worst auction house system ever made and some people abuse that system to sell credits.
 1 user liked this post.
#638 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 6:48:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

But still i think this legend status is worst auction house system ever made and some people abuse that system to sell credits.

Agreed, was really hoping PG would've resolved this going into this game, sad that they didn't. Other thing I've noticed, there's a serious lag when you click on an auction to either to place a bid or buyout, that by the time it comes up, someone has already bought it out. I never had this issue in H3, I was able to buy the RX7, 918, 599xx, Lola with no issues. And I know it's not internet connection because I haven't changed ISPs and my internet is 100 mbps.

Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
#639 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 7:02:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PowerSauce24131 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

Agreed, was really hoping PG would've resolved this going into this game, sad that they didn't. Other thing I've noticed, there's a serious lag when you click on an auction to either to place a bid or buyout, that by the time it comes up, someone has already bought it out. I never had this issue in H3, I was able to buy the RX7, 918, 599xx, Lola with no issues. And I know it's not internet connection because I haven't changed ISPs and my internet is 100 mbps.

It didn't matter about the lag in Horizon 3, you could keep bidding, it didn't have a time limit so you wouldn't notice the lag. If you're buying out a rare car it doesn't help though.

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2019 7:24:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#640 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2019 11:36:24 AM(UTC)
While it's a bummer that many of the "legendary" painters just hoover up rare cars and put the same livery on each, it was way more annoying in FH3.

As V12 Sprung Boss notes above, the real pain with the AH in FH4 is the completely wonky economics of the game due to glitch exploitation. I'm assuming some people are using macros to hoover as well.

So many users have hundreds of millions of credits, a 20M buyout isn't an issue for them. PO cars and other unicorns can go for 50M+ ea. Now you have legendary and non-legendary players collecting to sell here in the marketplace.

But assuming most players (since launch) are fairly flush, there's no need to hoard the rare birds. I've cleaned house in my garage and except for a few I'm fond of, have whittled down to one or two of a specific car at most. Hoping it helps to get them back in circulation. I love getting a great snipe in the AH, but hate having to wait 30+ minutes for one to pop up, only to lose to someone running a macro. I've got a wicked quick snipe finger technique and rarely if ever, nab something rare anymore. I never see cars listed for 20M in the AH either. They're snapped up just as fast as a 100k listing if the car is rare.

TL:DR - let's pare the garages down and get more product back in circulation.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 1, 2019 11:37:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

Amiable Zany

1 user liked this post.
#641 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2019 4:17:59 PM(UTC)
It just seems like there isnt enough players in FH4 to keep the AH topped up with a selection of rare cars.

In FH3 the rare cars were always up for grabs even if the cheap ones were snapped up by the elite and priced up to max bid - regardless of price the rare cars were always there and you had a choice to buy one right away or wait for a cheap one and do your best to snipe it first. FH3 is still very alive and the AH still has rare cars for sale in abundance.

FH4 is completely different, there is hardly ever a car for sale if its rare regardless of price.

I think the shonky credit resellers are not collecting credits in the AH to resell this time around because it is too slow to make money if they can only buy one rare car a day if they are lucky.
If you look at ebay those credit sellers are doing something else to add credits or cars to your account which will get you banned rather than milking the AH and transferring the CR to your account by buying out your cars.

Honestly those who exploit the game for cash will do whatever is easier & in FH4 waiting in the AH to buy a cheap car with a macro is not going to be time / cost effective for them.

I have spent a lot of time in FH4 AH and only ever seen approx 10 rare cars for sale, none of them were 20m, I managed to snipe several.
Most of those were apparently clones which is what the resellers on ebay are selling by means of adding them to your account.

I think the devs should hit up ebay and learn the names of the people involved and take action and clean up the mess and then give serious painters the option to sell paints separately and give us all the same power in the AH or the problem will never go away.

#642 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2019 4:29:40 PM(UTC)
Its probably more that people are holding onto their rare cars since they are only to obtain 1 of them legitimately
#643 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 8:59:28 AM(UTC)
If you're buying out a rare car it doesn't help though.

Yup!
Last night, in a span of 30 mins, saw more than a handful of 599xx E come across and guess what? ..............................I wasn't able to snag ANY of them! LOL

1 user liked this post.
#644 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:29:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Its probably more that people are holding onto their rare cars since they are only to obtain 1 of them legitimately

Why would you think that?
In previous games after an event that rewarded us an exclusive car they began appearing in the AH as a fair % of people didn't care for them, at that point you could either buy a cheap one if you were patient or choose from the many relisted ones at 20m CR.

Why would you think people are not letting them go this time?? a huge % of the players are the same people.

Maybe it is because the events are so difficult compared to FH3 that people don't bother to complete them unless they really want the car - which is much the same as there isn't enough people playing.

1 user liked this post.
#645 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:50:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Why would you think that?
In previous games after an event that rewarded us an exclusive car they began appearing in the AH as a fair % of people didn't care for them, at that point you could either buy a cheap one if you were patient or choose from the many relisted ones at 20m CR.

Why would you think people are not letting them go this time?? a huge % of the players are the same people.

Maybe it is because the events are so difficult compared to FH3 that people don't bother to complete them unless they really want the car - which is much the same as there isn't enough people playing.

Lol at events are too difficult
Maybe fh3 was just way too easy and was basically participation rewards..which most of fh4 are as well

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:51:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#646 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:44:47 PM(UTC)
I have hoarded all my cars recently but I will sell some off at the AH soon or whenever I hit the garage limit, what ever that is now.

The events are not difficult. You need a tuned car in the Trial, that is the only way to win the event. If you don't go into the Trial with a tuned car you stand less of a chance to win. Every week I see players not able to compete effectively because they didn't get a tune for their car.

In FH3 I won the events and sold most of the exclusive cars in the AH because I knew someone would buy it.
HSV
I just want one!
#647 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:13:04 PM(UTC)
Maybe T10/PGG should add some rules about scalping, macro-ing and using multiple accounts then enforce those said rules... It's borderline impossible to score something *rare* on the Auction House nowadays

I got a few ideas that I'm just gonna drop here:

Lock Auction House behind a progression wall (like level 200 or first horizon star)

Private Selling or Selective Selling. If a car is attempted to be bought out in the first 10-20 minutes (or longer if the seller desires) the seller will receive a notif of some kind that can be authorized to allow the buyout to be accepted and the auction closed or denied and have the auction continue.

Part 2 to the idea above: have a smart checking system in place that if somebody buys out so many cars within an hour or so, the next car they buyout, the seller will have to authorize the sale

Hide rare cars you do not own in the Auction House. Like the available search cars you can search for in the Auction House.

These are not wishlists by any stretches of the imagination, these are here to possibly being awareness of the issue to T10/PGG's scopes...... Unless they Bone Shaker it 😐
Photographer, Painter, Tuner, Racer and Rally Fanatic. Maybe bring back Group B?
 2 users liked this post.
#648 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:47:03 PM(UTC)
Macros and AutoKey scripts rule the AH.

I've put up several taxis (one after the other) that I've won via wheelspins for only the same person to win both within split seconds of my successful add message appearing.

Because I can't sell for millions it's an instant grab situation for those who can. As follows I then do a search for taxis knowing what I've just witnessed only to find them relisted for 20 mil ... Now that is exploitation if I've ever seen it.

It's creating a false marketplace. There is nothing at present within the Forza AH which makes for fair play or fair trade.

Not everyone can search an AH for constantly 30+ mins just for a Macro to snipe the car, and then have to rinse and repeat.

It's only getting worse overtime as these exploits are shared via social media and or eBay for 'real' cash.

Simple fix (as in a couple of seconds coding) put a human verification system in place whereby macros/AutoKey can't be used.
#649 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 2:33:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YellowJacketTMU Go to Quoted Post
Maybe T10/PGG should add some rules about scalping, macro-ing and using multiple accounts then enforce those said rules... It's borderline impossible to score something *rare* on the Auction House nowadays

I got a few ideas that I'm just gonna drop here:

Lock Auction House behind a progression wall (like level 200 or first horizon star)

Private Selling or Selective Selling. If a car is attempted to be bought out in the first 10-20 minutes (or longer if the seller desires) the seller will receive a notif of some kind that can be authorized to allow the buyout to be accepted and the auction closed or denied and have the auction continue.

Part 2 to the idea above: have a smart checking system in place that if somebody buys out so many cars within an hour or so, the next car they buyout, the seller will have to authorize the sale

Hide rare cars you do not own in the Auction House. Like the available search cars you can search for in the Auction House.

These are not wishlists by any stretches of the imagination, these are here to possibly being awareness of the issue to T10/PGG's scopes...... Unless they Bone Shaker it 😐

Private selling makes even less cars available? I don't think you want that.
#650 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 6:33:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreshGALNET Go to Quoted Post
Simple fix (as in a couple of seconds coding) put a human verification system in place whereby macros/AutoKey can't be used.

A simple fix would be to shutdown the AH and it's place, I'd rather see the Forzathon Shop turned into a dealer type where we can sell back our dups for say half the value.
40 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error