40 Pages<<2324252627>>PrevNext
#601 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 8:58:44 AM(UTC)
That's why this system isn't as good as FH3, you need speed. You should be able to bid to add another 15 seconds to the end of the Auction.

Edited by user Saturday, February 23, 2019 8:59:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#602 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 10:37:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post
I have wonder how mutch difference there is between orginal xbox one vs xbox one x vs high end pc what it comes AH byouts, when i try to get regalia even those that come in sale at 20m cr sold faster than i could buy (i use one s). My brother say some time ago that he success mutch better in sniping when use PC monitor vs TV (different game but in both games those steals sold in seconds) so i bet there is mutch difference are you gonna use high end gaming pc and good monitor vs old xbox and tv.

Network could factor in too.

I have had good luck on winning the few auctions I actually participated in. Good monitors and a good PC on a very fast network. Never considered how tv vs monitor could be a real difference since modern TVs and PCs both pretty much use the same encoding. HDMI, etc. The latency alone between mine and somebody in a more rural area could be enough for me to buy it before you even see it.

Yeah network can also make difference too. And there is still mutch difference between monitors and TVs, for example input lag while good monitors it's 1ms good TV's are around 10ms and older and cheaper models that can be even over 50ms. And if goes really deep even HDMI cable matters. And what come trying to give car in friend thruw AH there is also reaction times when you tell that you listed car and and that friends reaction times to after that to search car, so cars like regalia it's pretty mutch impossible to gift right now when there is lots of people sniping.

Edit, and how accurate is even game telling you that car is listed.

None of that really matters. If you see the car it's usually sold

Answer is to hit buyout immediately after every search. Just watch the 20m cars so you may want to price cap.

Buying from friends or sellers is worse that raw sniping as the car lists seconds before the seller is notified.

With raw sniping, statistically you will be first to hook a car at some point, you just need to be fast and buy it out. Waiting for it to show on screen first is usually an instant loss.

Edited by user Saturday, February 23, 2019 10:43:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#603 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 11:49:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: decto Go to Quoted Post

None of that really matters. If you see the car it's usually sold

Answer is to hit buyout immediately after every search. Just watch the 20m cars so you may want to price cap.

Buying from friends or sellers is worse that raw sniping as the car lists seconds before the seller is notified.

With raw sniping, statistically you will be first to hook a car at some point, you just need to be fast and buy it out. Waiting for it to show on screen first is usually an instant loss.

At least my game dont do nothing if i press y when it show only white box, only when that auction is fully showed on screen just then i can hit y so i can try buyout, and i just try this 5 times in common and every time result was same.
#604 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 5:41:50 AM(UTC)
[quote=decto;1062222]

At least my game dont do nothing if i press y when it show only white box, only when that auction is fully showed on screen just then i can hit y so i can try buyout, and i just try this 5 times in common and every time result was same.

Fair point, 'immediately' wasn't clear. There is a sweet spot time.

The bit I missed (assumed people would get) is that I hit search, slight delay then hit buyout. To time this I say a word in my head which gives me a consistentish delay. Have tried different words to try and get the right delay so I'm as close as possible to the minimum rather than waiting for a visual signal to respond.

Sometimes my timing isn't quite right and I end up bidding or something silly rather than a buyout but when I was waiting for the image to fully load I won far less as some bidding is very competitive.

Got into a good rythmn with the Regalia, but the downside was a couple of the cars said 'no perks' on the side but I didn't see that until after I'd bought them. Still sold immediately when I threw than back in, so just a little auction tax so no big deal.

I think people only do this to avoid buying there own no perk cars, perhaps by advanced filter for stock painter
#605 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 6:15:53 AM(UTC)
[quote=decto;1062222]

Fair point, 'immediately' wasn't clear. There is a sweet spot time.

The bit I missed (assumed people would get) is that I hit search, slight delay then hit buyout. To time this I say a word in my head which gives me a consistentish delay. Have tried different words to try and get the right delay so I'm as close as possible to the minimum rather than waiting for a visual signal to respond.

Sometimes my timing isn't quite right and I end up bidding or something silly rather than a buyout but when I was waiting for the image to fully load I won far less as some bidding is very competitive.

Got into a good rythmn with the Regalia, but the downside was a couple of the cars said 'no perks' on the side but I didn't see that until after I'd bought them. Still sold immediately when I threw than back in, so just a little auction tax so no big deal.

I think people only do this to avoid buying there own no perk cars, perhaps by advanced filter for stock painter

That system works if time when that auction is fully loaded is allways the same or at least really close the same, i dont know is it abaout internet speed but for me there is differences how long it takes to load that auction, some times it loads really quickly and sometimes it loads that in long time (time that i can allready say "oh come ***** game load that auction allready i dont have all night time to wait")

Those what say no perks even sold at 20m cr right away, i was looking to get just normal regalia so i really didint care abaout is perks allready used or not but i even miss those also, i finally was able to get one at 500k so now dont need to spent lots of time in auction house trying to get something.
#606 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 7:54:56 AM(UTC)

That system works if time when that auction is fully loaded is allways the same or at least really close the same, i dont know is it abaout internet speed but for me there is differences how long it takes to load that auction, some times it loads really quickly and sometimes it loads that in long time (time that i can allready say "oh come ***** game load that auction allready i dont have all night time to wait")

Those what say no perks even sold at 20m cr right away, i was looking to get just normal regalia so i really didint care abaout is perks allready used or not but i even miss those also, i finally was able to get one at 500k so now dont need to spent lots of time in auction house trying to get something.

That's a big difference then, my auctions load really quickly and consistently . Where there is only one or two cars then I'd say somewhere from 1-2 seconds before I can start the buyout hence the 'word' timing rather than a phrase. It's rare a see more than a white box before I'm commited or that I either fire early or end up opening the auction or bidding instead of buyout. A screen full of cars takes does a little longer to fully load but then I want to choose so don't use the method.

Crazy that people are bidding 20m on 'used perk' cars. There were so many Regilias passing in the AH I limited buyout to around 1m and I was still seeing more than I've seen for the hotwheels combined.

I don't usually buy cars to sell for profit, save the odd Bugatti but the Regalia was worth a bit of time given the easy profit.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 7:56:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#607 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 9:04:46 AM(UTC)

That's a big difference then, my auctions load really quickly and consistently . Where there is only one or two cars then I'd say somewhere from 1-2 seconds before I can start the buyout hence the 'word' timing rather than a phrase. It's rare a see more than a white box before I'm commited or that I either fire early or end up opening the auction or bidding instead of buyout. A screen full of cars takes does a little longer to fully load but then I want to choose so don't use the method.

Crazy that people are bidding 20m on 'used perk' cars. There were so many Regilias passing in the AH I limited buyout to around 1m and I was still seeing more than I've seen for the hotwheels combined.

I don't usually buy cars to sell for profit, save the odd Bugatti but the Regalia was worth a bit of time given the easy profit.

I think it's depend lots of internet speed, my internet is today be really fast and now it have load auctions fast (i won first regalia that i saw) and also when i press my garage get in garage right away and when jump another manufactuer it loads thumbnails right away, when sometimes those take 30 seconds to load.

I think there it lots of regalias in sale because same car end up in auction house many times when people try to get one where is not perks used so can make 10m profit. Regalia that i buy it have 6 owners and another regalia that i have it have 8 owners. And i think those 20m cr those are either people buying those without watching price at all, or guys like me that can drop 20m cr without blinking an eye.
#608 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:38:05 AM(UTC)
I have a ton of cars that I have put through the AH that have not sold (mostly garbage that I have got x times over) ...

When I come to list another load of wheelspin garbage they seem to appear in the middle of the AH list... ( I actually delete a lot of stuff and am tending now to list the stuff that has a chance of selling)

I checked yesterday ... I had 20 cars 'unsold' then the current 20 live auctions were displayed ...then I had another 40 unsold ...

It wouldn't be so bad if the AH wasn't so slow and only showed 4 cars at a time

It would make much more sense (to me) if the latest were displayed first ... or we had [tabs] ... "live auctions" / "sold auctions" / "unsold auctions"
 1 user liked this post.
#609 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 1:50:16 AM(UTC)
Ok... I just sold a Lamborghini Veneno for 5M credits, claimed it... and only received just over 4M credits?! I know there’s a sellers fee but seriously? That much? Considering I bought the VIP pack that’s crazy. It should be done away with imo
 2 users liked this post.
#610 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 3:02:24 AM(UTC)
It's said that the fee's there to keep people from making too much money from auction. Therefore it's just another way of keeping the game's economy from becoming out of balance. But I agree the fee is too high and it doesn't really get the job done either.
 3 users liked this post.
#611 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 3:28:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BLKRSEDARKNESS Go to Quoted Post
Considering I bought the VIP pack that’s crazy.

I missed the part in the VIP pack where it said we'd get lower Auction House fees...
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#612 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 4:48:33 PM(UTC)
It isn’t in the list for vip. I’m just saying, paying £20 for vip should include a lower/zero auction fee
#613 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2019 4:19:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BLKRSEDARKNESS Go to Quoted Post
It isn’t in the list for vip. I’m just saying, paying £20 for vip should include a lower/zero auction fee

I don't have VIP but I could get behind this.
#614 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2019 4:45:58 AM(UTC)
you apparently get more of a fee if you sell using someone else's tunes and liveries

geez VIP discount why would that be needed , why do people expect so much when buying VIP states exactly what it gives
#615 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:54:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jack 0O1 Go to Quoted Post
And to top it off, players are now running macros to auto-purchase rare cars on auction house...

Do you know this for sure? rare cars sell right away but this could explain why i have now fail 5 times to get PO camaro and when i get all other rare cars i didint fail even 5 times even compined or i just have really bad luck with camaro.

Trust me, people are using macros to buy out cars. It works really well. I bet there's at least 5 people at all times running a macro on every rare car in the game.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:56:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#616 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:33:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SniffDuhBooty Go to Quoted Post
And to top it off, players are now running macros to auto-purchase rare cars on auction house...

Do you know this for sure? rare cars sell right away but this could explain why i have now fail 5 times to get PO camaro and when i get all other rare cars i didint fail even 5 times even compined or i just have really bad luck with camaro.

Trust me, people are using macros to buy out cars. It works really well. I bet there's at least 5 people at all times running a macro on every rare car in the game.

Quite possibly, but I have won almost all the rare cars I want (POs and some others) manually, so they can't work miracles.
#617 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 4:55:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SniffDuhBooty Go to Quoted Post

Quite possibly, but I have won almost all the rare cars I want (POs and some others) manually, so they can't work miracles.

Yeah me too, like today i got that new rtr mustang even tho my internet is not that good and there is many people trying to get one. I have see games where there is programs that can do stuff that no person can do. Like one of EA:s sport games few years ago i auction one card that sold less than second and one second later bot was allready auction that card.
#618 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:21:16 PM(UTC)
Like anyone i like to save a little money (A few credits) when buying cars in the game.
So i have bought several cars from the auction house most of them i have not had any issue with.
But as of late i have ran into an issue (i'm sure others have as well) after winning an auction i go look at my
new car only to find out that the saler has already purchased some of the cars mastery; most of the time they
have purchased all the wheelspins and gift packages.

In my opinion is basically thievery. This is not something that should not be aloud, once any amount of the cars
mastery is purchased that car should not be aloud to be sold at the auction house. Forza motorsports should fix this.
 2 users liked this post.
#619 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:40:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: intrepid31 Go to Quoted Post
Like anyone i like to save a little money (A few credits) when buying cars in the game.
So i have bought several cars from the auction house most of them i have not had any issue with.
But as of late i have ran into an issue (i'm sure others have as well) after winning an auction i go look at my
new car only to find out that the saler has already purchased some of the cars mastery; most of the time they

In my opinion is basically thievery. This is not something that should not be aloud, once any amount of the cars
mastery is purchased that car should not be aloud to be sold at the auction house. Forza motorsports should fix this.

You're buying a "used" car from someone, and if some/all of the perks are used as well, then that's fair enough. Do you want a car with guaranteed unused perks? Buy a new one. If you buy a used car, you buy it as is and take the risk. You need to ask yourself whether it's worth saving some money and gambling on whether or not the perks have been used, or drop the extra cash on a new car where you're guaranteed to have all the perks unused. They don't need to fix it, it's part and parcel of the game. Any cars you buy from the AH that have a decent skill tree when new are invariably going to have the best perks used up, but that's the price you pay for saving a few credits and not buying brand new. Used is used, perks and all.

Edited by user Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:42:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
 2 users liked this post.
#620 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:40:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: intrepid31 Go to Quoted Post

You want save credits by buying cars from auction house and complain that you dont have all benefits that you have when buy car in autoshow. And no not everybody is looking to save little money, heck i would even spent some extra credits for car having allready all masteries so i dont need spent skill points on them.
#621 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 4:59:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: v Skoll v Go to Quoted Post
I recently acquired a Louts Elise 111s off the wheelspin, this is the second time I have gotten one, and the first time around I sold the Elise for bottom dollar without realizing it (and other vehicles) was a rare, wheelspin only acquisition.

So I wanted to sell it for a bit more than I did last time and went over to the auction house to see how much they were selling for. There were only two auctions, and both had Buy Now prices of 20 million credits. I didn't want to sell it for that much, maybe 10% of that, but found that I could only increase the Buy Now to something like 160k credits.

Long story short, how are people able to increase the Buy Now that high? Am I missing something?

I think I saw those exact same cars lmao
#622 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 4:17:32 PM(UTC)
I’m trying to buy a specific car, but everytime I find somebody who’s willing to sell me one, it gets sold before I can even find the listing.

I’m using the “search cars” option on the far left and just searching for the manufacturer of my car, if I don’t see it I click b and restart the process to refresh the listings, but apparently I’m not quick enough.

Is there a faster way to refresh the feed so I can maybe get the car I’m tying to get?
#623 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 6:57:03 PM(UTC)
Nope, there is no other way of refreshing your results. You always need to go into that menu and set the filter to the car you're searching for. If a car gets sniped and you weren't fast enough to grab it, you'll need to repeat the process.
#624 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 7:14:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Carbine Element Go to Quoted Post
I’m trying to buy a specific car, but everytime I find somebody who’s willing to sell me one, it gets sold before I can even find the listing.

I’m using the “search cars” option on the far left and just searching for the manufacturer of my car, if I don’t see it I click b and restart the process to refresh the listings, but apparently I’m not quick enough.

Is there a faster way to refresh the feed so I can maybe get the car I’m tying to get?

If you're only filtering on the manufacturer, then you can search much more quickly by also filtering on the specific model.
#625 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 5:03:01 AM(UTC)
Search for a specific car model. If there's a listing you can buy any of them.
40 Pages<<2324252627>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error