This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
34 Pages123>>Next
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 12:47:48 AM(UTC)
Is there auction house fh4?

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:11:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#2 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 1:12:07 AM(UTC)
Yes Horizon 4 has an Auction House.
Rank: Moderator
 6 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 2:15:32 AM(UTC)
Sadly, yes.

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 1:12:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Sadly, yes.



Sadly?

Why do you say that?



-OrangeKey822342

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 4:20:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Sadly, yes.



??
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 4:50:39 PM(UTC)
I'm guessing cause with auction along comes an enormous amount of complaints by players about elite painter/tuner prices.


Vice president, moderated club.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 6:29:51 PM(UTC)
Having an auction house probably means that gifting cars and credits between players sadly won't be a thing either.

Edited by user Monday, September 24, 2018 6:36:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 6:32:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
Having an auction house probably means that gifting cars and credits sadly won't be a thing either.


Which is very unfortunate. Just car gifting would be excellent. I remember the Forza Motorsport 4 days when it was like that. I hope they don't limit how much you can sell a car for like in FH3. It's really dumb that you have to be a 5 star painter or tuner to do that.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 8:58:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kitu666 Go to Quoted Post
Is there auction house fh4?


Amazingly yes :). Best way to get a car for cheaper. Gifting would have been cool as well, or Club share.

Hopefully those... "Elite" Designers and Tuners don't get all those downloads, uses, and likes from other players for all there cool designs and tunes don't run up the prices for cars that you can win in a forzathon or street race.

Don't get me started on those "Legends" though, lol.


"Integrity, is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." -Anonymous and/or Paraphrase -Charles Marshall.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 12:34:28 AM(UTC)
Oh no, don't tell me they brought back the whole price segmentation yet again.
Rank: Moderator
 4 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:11:16 AM(UTC)
Ralph Fulton addressed this question with Motorworldhype at E3. "The reason that we allow Legendary painters and tuners to set prices higher than the price limit because we want to reward those people for the work they do within the community and the content they create for others." but they'll look at the balance of the limits.

https://youtu.be/y5ekvoTwtP8?t=494
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:35:12 AM(UTC)
I'd like to see the auction price limit linked to the price of the car, rather than be determined by the users grade or rank. Taking a 50k car, just changing the paint to a standard setting and slapping 5M price tag is a waste of time for everyone.

Too many people approach the AH with the idea that they can just max out the slider and it will sell, or someone inevitably gets some sort of cash glitch early on and starts abusing the AH prices.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:35:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Ralph Fulton addressed this question with Motorworldhype at E3. "The reason that we allow Legendary painters and tuners to set prices higher than the price limit because we want to reward those people for the work they do within the community and the content they create for others." but they'll look at the balance of the limits.

https://youtu.be/y5ekvoTwtP8?t=494


Thank you for this Reply.

Many of the good Tuners and Designers spend many, and I mean many, hours working on their designs and tunes. For some, this is the main thing they get out of the game. There are many Legend designers who do not even hold a high rank in the game, but have produced amazing designs with more then 100,000 downloads alone. Some, and I only mean some, of these tuners spend just as much time tuning cars for others to benefit from like myself. Having a notepad and pen out, keeping track of what works better or worse, making adjustments, and testing the car over and over as we make these adjustments.

This is big part of the game for a lot of people and Forza/T10 have noticed this and have chosen to reward those who put in the effort. Should the limit the amount, probably, but remember that ever car that these Legends and Elites are selling were available in a forzathon, or game expansion in which you could have acquired them. Also, if you want a certain car so bad and you missed the forzathon, do what they do and continually search for a deal and snag it quick. Just don't search once or twice a day and give up. Sooner the better as well, because the longer you wait, the harder it will be to get that deal.

The Auction is just another part of the game in which some enjoy more then others. It is a good lesson in Supply and Demand and real world economics. I usually start my cars at the minimum amount in which I won't suffer a loss, and usually set a max buyout according to what the cars are selling at.

Forza/T10 also control the Forzathon's, so they choose which cars are going to be in them and how often or how easy they will be to obtain.


"Integrity, is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." -Anonymous and/or Paraphrase -Charles Marshall.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:55:37 AM(UTC)
I don’t necessarily think the Auction House is the problem; actually, I think it is quite valuable. I believe the problem is in the way some of the “unique” vehicles are distributed to the players; in particular, Forzathons.

I would have liked to see the Forzathons only offer Credits and Wheelspins. When special vehicles are included in the rewards for Forzathons, their value plummets significantly on the Auction House. Hence, the reason in FH3 that some of the Forza Edition Cars are worthless. I think unique vehicles should only be available through Wheelspins and the Auction House.

One thing that might be interesting to add to the Auction House would be “Private Sales”. A way for the seller to identify who could buy the car. (I don’t think anything like this is currently available.)
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:18:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AM Big Red Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Ralph Fulton addressed this question with Motorworldhype at E3. "The reason that we allow Legendary painters and tuners to set prices higher than the price limit because we want to reward those people for the work they do within the community and the content they create for others." but they'll look at the balance of the limits.

https://youtu.be/y5ekvoTwtP8?t=494


Thank you for this Reply.

Many of the good Tuners and Designers spend many, and I mean many, hours working on their designs and tunes. For some, this is the main thing they get out of the game. There are many Legend designers who do not even hold a high rank in the game, but have produced amazing designs with more then 100,000 downloads alone. Some, and I only mean some, of these tuners spend just as much time tuning cars for others to benefit from like myself. Having a notepad and pen out, keeping track of what works better or worse, making adjustments, and testing the car over and over as we make these adjustments.

This is big part of the game for a lot of people and Forza/T10 have noticed this and have chosen to reward those who put in the effort. Should the limit the amount, probably, but remember that ever car that these Legends and Elites are selling were available in a forzathon, or game expansion in which you could have acquired them. Also, if you want a certain car so bad and you missed the forzathon, do what they do and continually search for a deal and snag it quick. Just don't search once or twice a day and give up. Sooner the better as well, because the longer you wait, the harder it will be to get that deal.

The Auction is just another part of the game in which some enjoy more then others. It is a good lesson in Supply and Demand and real world economics. I usually start my cars at the minimum amount in which I won't suffer a loss, and usually set a max buyout according to what the cars are selling at.

Forza/T10 also control the Forzathon's, so they choose which cars are going to be in them and how often or how easy they will be to obtain.


Real world economics? Really? In the real world, if you own a Ferrari, nobody tells you that there's a limit to how much you can auction it off for. This isn't a reward for painters and tuners, it's a limitation for everyone else.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:48:04 AM(UTC)
While I believe everyone should get what they want out of the game based on their likes and dislikes I still have to ask, Why? It is an open world racing game. There have been additions to help flesh out the game and give you more to do but I still really do not understand the gamers that only want to paint, tune, sell in a racing game.

In the end it is a game and meant to be entertainment so I have no problems with how people use the game, I've just always been curious.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:20:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Ralph Fulton addressed this question with Motorworldhype at E3. "The reason that we allow Legendary painters and tuners to set prices higher than the price limit because we want to reward those people for the work they do within the community and the content they create for others." but they'll look at the balance of the limits.

https://youtu.be/y5ekvoTwtP8?t=494


I totally understand the desire to reward the truly talented players who create awesome designs and tunes, but it seems like there's got to be a better way to do it that doesn't give those players such an unfair advantage in AH. Ralph Fulton's response here, to me at least, sounds like he's effectively condoning the cartel behavior which is really disappointing since that was one of my biggest gripes with FH3.

This issue was greatly exacerbated by the relatively large number of rare cars that were only available via Forzathons. Hopefully this won't be nearly as big of an issue in FH4 with the changes to Forzathons and the fact that all rare cars are now available via wheelspins so there's a theoretically infinite supply. I'm hoping that the only rare cars in FH4 with be HE cars so we can still at least get the regular version without having to deal with wheelspins/Forzathon store/AH.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
Rank: On the Podium
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:20:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
I'm guessing cause with auction along comes an enormous amount of complaints by players about elite painter/tuner prices.


Slight clarification but there are no longer "Elite Tuners/Painters" in Forza Horizon 4 from what I can tell.

Instead, each player has a Rank for Painting, Tuning, Blueprinting (you can share Blueprints on your Storefront now) and Photography. Everybody starts at Rank 1 for each and as they get more Downloads, Likes and Uses on each this rank increases.

I don't know yet what influence these Ranks have on the Auction House (with so few people having access currently I'm not getting many Paint downloads) or what Ranks can be considered equivalent to Elite/Legendary. As soon as I can auction a "normal" car for 20,000,000 CR I'll make a note of what Ranks I am at and provide an update.
Rank: Series Champion
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:44:49 AM(UTC)
I've not understood & I'm sure there are reasons - but why can't we just auction a car, no buyout. Bidding wars were part of the fun of the AH in the old days.

It also made it easier to distribute contest winnings to participants in community competitions.


Rank: Moderator
 3 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:48:30 AM(UTC)
Reasons.

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: Series Champion
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 10:08:32 AM(UTC)
See, I knew there'd be reasons. Thanks Hiero
Rank: Moderator
 3 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 10:11:57 AM(UTC)
I'm here to help.


If you're around and playing this weekend, let's try to get together in a party for a chat and speak a little treason among friends.

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: S-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 10:25:02 AM(UTC)
That would have been a great middleground actually. Painter/tuners get higher buyouts but regular people can still have ongoing auctions which may or may not reach a painter/tuners buyout.

Buuuuuut its not to be.
Rank: Series Champion
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 10:30:12 AM(UTC)
Will do, I've not clicked the big bad buy button, but my resolve is slipping, I think tomorrow night is the night lol.

I'm only thinking about my poor old credit card, it's been abused so badly by me over the years - yet it's not let me down yet.
Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:13:05 AM(UTC)


✔ Verified Moderator


34 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error