This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 4:00:57 PM(UTC)
I'm coming of off a 3h session with the Microsoft support and they were able to solve my issue.

I will try to describe what they actually did as well as I can. Here we go...

1. Go to https://account.microsof...?fref=home.card.devices

2. Under each device click on 'more actions'.

3. Click remove pc for every device. Make sure you remove all devices even your main one.

4. Open windows start menu and type in 'wsreset' run it and wait until Microsoft store opens.

5. After Microsoft Store is up and running try downloading the game manually by removing your currant download and starting a new one.

Sorry I'm very bad at explaining but I thought I make this post as it really got me frustrated and wasted alot of my time so I hope everyone else who encounter this problem may enjoy the awesome game that is Forza Horizon 4! Good luck!

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 9:17:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 8:29:22 AM(UTC)
Thank you for posting this. We are currently investigating. Ill post here once I have more information for you guys.

Thanks!

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:57:08 AM(UTC)
Hi everyone,

Can you please make sure your PC is your HOME PC? You can do this by opening the Windows Store and making sure you are signed in. Then you will want to navigate to the settings, which can be found by clicking on the three dots next to your gamer picture in the top right corner. The 4th item down shows Offline Permissions. Please make sure you turn that on and then restart your PC.

If you are still having issues after you have done this, please reply here or email forzafb@microsoft.com so we can further investigate.
If this works for you, please let me know so I can inform the team.

Thank you

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:11:45 AM(UTC)
Afraid that didn't work for me. PC wasn't set to Home PC so checked that option and rebooted. Still reporting the same error with only 5 active devices. All other apps install ok and I removed and readded my copy of FM7 without issue. Also tried a WSRESET, still errors.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:15:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:24:08 AM(UTC)
I tried all of the suggestions in these threads, but it still gives me the same error. Tried deleting the devices, wsreset, reboot, all available links to delete devices, set PC as home pc.. nothing works.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:04:05 PM(UTC)
Thanks guys, I will inform the team.

#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:20:25 PM(UTC)
I have tried every sugestion here and nothing helped.
This is only happening to me on this one pc (have preloaded on Xbox One 500GB) and on one laptop.
But this is where I'll be playing since it's the most capable machine.
Please help!
PC details:
Asus Maxumus IX Apex
i7 6700k
16Gb DDR4 3200
Samsung 950 Pro SSD
Geforce 1080ti
4k Display
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:58:31 PM(UTC)
Still no luck.
Microsoft has some work to do fixing the Windows Store...

Edited by user Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:12:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:18:21 PM(UTC)
Is everyone using the link I provided at the top of this thread? This is a different link than the one on Microsoft store.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 8:36:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: matibet113 Go to Quoted Post
Is everyone using the link I provided at the top of this thread? This is a different link than the one on Microsoft store.

I am pretty sure most of the people who encounters the problem tried both links.
I personally removed all of my devices on both store and management websites and also tried reset the store with command, non of those worked.
I only have one desktop and haven't use my account on any other devices so it is really depressing.I hope you guys can fix the problem before Friday.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 8:40:12 AM(UTC)
What is the implication of deleting all your devices from that link though? Does it render all apps on all the other PC's unusable and need to be readded? The "remove pc" option seems to indicate that.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 8:54:03 AM(UTC)
I also got a clue where the problem could happen.I opened the pre-order page: https://www.microsoft.co...-4-ultimate-edition/,On the right of the Install/Play Button which direct you to the official store, there is 3 dots.Click it and it will allow you to select install on my devices option. I clicked the tab and I can see duplicated devices(6 names of the same PC I am using) available for choosing for installation and by clicking the get more info on your device list I only get 1 device on the list.It does not work as well if you choose just one device and click the install button.There is no response to it.I hope this could get you guys a clue.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:28:38 AM(UTC)
I have deleted all my devices and there was no problem. Once you use that device again (pc or console) it works as before.
Didn't notice anything different from doing that. So... Useless, at least in my case.
Still desperately waiting to be able to preload.
Tomorrow the game goes live for us mortals who handed 100Eur to Microsoft and won't be able to play.
Very upset and very, very unfair.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 1:12:08 PM(UTC)
I'm afraid this fix didn't work for me either.

I have it installed on my main gaming PC, my One X, a One S, but when it comes to putting it on my gaming Laptop...no luck. No matter what I try, and I've tried everything including formatting the laptop, I'm still getting the 'too many devices' error.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 3:49:03 PM(UTC)
Ok guys I have found a workaround and am downloading as I type this.
What I did was create a new windows user account (not a microsoft account but a local account) and changed type to administrator.
Logged off current user.
Logged in with the new account.
Opened Windows Store and logged in with the microsoft account used to preorder the game.
Had to download Forza Horizon (game only) first.
After this will download the Ultimate Edition (for the extras).
Wainting for the download to complete.
"One can only hope!" :)
It's not solved, but I'll be able to play in about 23 hours.
What a mess, Microsoft...
Hope this will help you guys! Ba Bye!

Edited by user Thursday, September 27, 2018 3:06:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 6:51:42 PM(UTC)
Just adding my name to the list of those affected.

I would add, I am able to start downloading from my laptop oddly... but always get the error from my home desktop PC. These are the only two devices associated with my account.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:39:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gasolinas04 Go to Quoted Post
Ok guys I have found a workaround and am downloading as I type this.
What I did was create a new windows user account (not a microsoft account but a local account) and changed type to administrator.
Logged off current user.
Logged in with the new account.
Opened Windows Store and logged in with the microsoft account used to preorder the game.
Had to download Forza Horizon (game only) first.
After this will download the Ultimate Edition (for the extras).
Wainting for the download to complete.
"One can only hope!" :)
It's not solved, but I'll be able to play in about 23 hours.
What a mess, Microsoft...
Hope this will help you guys! Ba Bye!

I tried your solution and it worked. It could be the best temporary solution so far. I hope they fix the issue soon. Enjoy your ride in Britain.
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:28:57 PM(UTC)
9/27/2018.....still same issue after all fix attempts....sadness is kicking in....
#19 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 1:33:21 AM(UTC)
Same issue here, I got the game installed but the content for the ultimate edition doesn't install because of this issue...
When are they gona fix this damned Windows Store??

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 1:34:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GTX 980 4GB, i7 4770K 4.5Ghz, Z97S SLI PLUS, 16GB RAM 1866, SSD, Wheel - ThrustmasterT500RS
#20 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 7:01:42 AM(UTC)
It appears to have been fixed now. With no action from myself, removing the failed download attempt that was stuck in the Store download queue and restarting has worked.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 11:41:21 AM(UTC)
Still nothing for me. Ive done everything. Still crashes at the splash screen

Notification

Icon
Error