2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:17:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Negazina Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
It's the same pretty much as H1, H2 and H3. Not sure what you are expecting. No one lied to you. I enjoy the campaign to unlock stuff, otherwise what is the point? You play the campaign earn money, get some nice reward cars. I wouldn't bother with the campaign if they just gave you everything right away. They want you to play their game, how dare they. lol

I wasn’t saying to give us everything! I was moreso meaning to give us the ability to express ourselves without being bossed about being told what to do. The prerelease info was all going on about “oh it’s completely up to you!” Yet that is 7 hours in after completing the campaign. Which there was NO info about.

As far as I know, blueprint lets you do whatever you want. I played FH3 for the entirety of its life and I never did an event in its vanilla form. If FH4 is anything like that, I would be satisfied.

What worries me is that the campaign is that short. 6 to 8 hours? I feel betrayed...
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:09:04 AM(UTC)
The 6 to 8 hours is the prologue:)
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:31:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Amused2Death 66 Go to Quoted Post

This. I've seen some say it's between 4-6 & some say 6-8. But yea, that's just the intro to the game haha i for one am extremely happy this game is packed with content. At least if H3 is anything to go by. Then it's going to be regularly updated with more races, challenges, content & expansions.

It's great games like this that you never want to end, so I'm happy it's got a lot of content & is worth the money unlike many games these days
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:36:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheHuskyGT Go to Quoted Post
What worries me is that the campaign is that short. 6 to 8 hours? I feel betrayed...

That's the intro dude ha

Originally Posted by: Amused2Death 66 Go to Quoted Post

This. I've seen some say it's between 4-6 & some say 6-8. But yea, that's just the intro to the game haha i for one am extremely happy this game is packed with content. At least if H3 is anything to go by. Then it's going to be regularly updated with more races, challenges, content & expansions.

It's great games like this that you never want to end, so I'm happy it's got a lot of content & is worth the money unlike many games these days.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:33:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

At about 1 hour, once you finish your first prologue Autumn event, the Drivatars in your freeroam world are replaced with real players and you have online modes available. Or you can play Solo if that's your thing. The players you see in the world with you are at the same point in their Horizon Life as you, same season. But you can do whatever you want.

Now, regarding this. When you mention "do whatever you want" or "play solo if that's your thing"; does it mean events are like in FH3 were you can make full use of blueprint by changing the "routes," laps, opponents and such? Does this mean I can chose NOT to have other players visible in my world, and instead just drivatars? I understand this game is online always, but I'm hoping this is just for the seasons system and such, and not like having real people during career events or around the map at all times.

I'm just a little confused. Another reason why am still hesitant to pre-order. I don't want to shell out $100 just to find out this game is always pvp or that I have to deal with people in my game. If it is this, then I'll pass.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:34:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 3:24:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheHuskyGT Go to Quoted Post
Now, regarding this. When you mention "do whatever you want" or "play solo if that's your thing"; does it mean events are like in FH3 were you can make full use of blueprint by changing the "routes," laps, opponents and such? Does this mean I can chose NOT to have other players visible in my world, and instead just drivatars? I understand this game is online always, but I'm hoping this is just for the seasons system and such, and not like having real people during career events or around the map at all times.

I'm just a little confused. Another reason why am still hesitant to pre-order. I don't want to shell out $100 just to find out this game is always pvp or that I have to deal with people in my game. If it is this, then I'll pass.

You can change in the games pause menu whether you're in the world with (solo) ai drivers or (real) online drivers. It's up to you. You start the game solo, then an hour or so into it they put you in the world with real online people but then you can just change it back. You can play the whole game solo or online.
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:37:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Negazina Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
It's the same pretty much as H1, H2 and H3. Not sure what you are expecting. No one lied to you. I enjoy the campaign to unlock stuff, otherwise what is the point? You play the campaign earn money, get some nice reward cars. I wouldn't bother with the campaign if they just gave you everything right away. They want you to play their game, how dare they. lol

I wasn’t saying to give us everything! I was moreso meaning to give us the ability to express ourselves without being bossed about being told what to do. The prerelease info was all going on about “oh it’s completely up to you!” Yet that is 7 hours in after completing the campaign. Which there was NO info about.

its just to get you into the game smoothly
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 5:39:46 PM(UTC)
Horizon 2's campaign was like 70 hours. Mostly because it forced you to drive between championships and then back to the main hub after every 3. So you spent more time drive TO races than actually racing. But...I'll take 6-8 over that any day. I don't mind long campaigns, but Horizon 2's was painful.
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:24:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnogardragonS Go to Quoted Post
Horizon 2's campaign was like 70 hours. Mostly because it forced you to drive between championships and then back to the main hub after every 3. So you spent more time drive TO races than actually racing. But...I'll take 6-8 over that any day. I don't mind long campaigns, but Horizon 2's was painful.

The 6-8 you're seeing is only the prologue ... the introduction to the game. And it's really more like 4-6 hours. If someone took 8 hours to finish the prologue .... they were just goofing around a lot.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error