6 Pages<<3456PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 11:46:08 AM(UTC)
OK, unlike previous games, I just played events and didn't deliberately drive any roads. I easily got to 510+ with only a few detours. Every once and a while when I was given a route by Anna if I was driving past a road I hadn't driven that was on my way I'd drive it. Also, if I went past a very short road I knew I might miss later I drove it.

When I was so close to 531 I then got a little more deliberate about finishing some roads when I was in the area. In my case, they were mostly roads south of the wind farm. I then was at 528. In about 1/2 hour I found two more roads that I had missed and was stuck on 530. I spent at least two hours trying to find the last road. I zoomed in tight and sat close to my big screen. Nothing spotted.

Finally today I got the last road just driving around. North of the eastern boundary of the Festival site about 1/2 between it and the Slate Quarry title is a little reverse J road. It was highlighted as having been driven. I had completely ignored, however, today while driving on the rotating map I noticed a tiny bit of grey. That was IT!

On the top map view, it did NOT look grey, however, as I was driving east on the road it's connected to the rotating map showed the grey. I think that road get's marked as mostly driven as you drive by on the major road. I assumed I had driven it. Unless you are watching closely it's easy to miss that you didn't. I'll bet a LOT of people are missing the tip of that little reverse J
The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
 1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 12:29:31 PM(UTC)
So I got the Noisy Cartographer achievement for diving on all the roads. However it shows I've only driven on 529 out of 531. I've searched the map and can't find anymore roads. Has anyone else come across this?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, October 14, 2018 1:10:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Christyna64
#103 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 10:59:34 PM(UTC)
I don't think you can force refresh the counter, the only way I know is to delete your entire game and start again from scratch, but then you'd lose everything.

I think you can discover a road from being on just a section of it, but it only counts as a road driven if you drive the entire length of the road

I also got the achievement at 529/531 roads driven, but the counter did increase for me as I was driving along them

There's more info on the achievement here:
https://forums.forzamoto...oisy-Cartographer.aspx?=
#104 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 3:32:02 AM(UTC)
For clarity:
The achievement pops up as soon have driven on all roads, even you haven't driven them in their full length.

If you're lacking a few roads for the full counter, it's most likely one of the many side ways with the dotted lines (gravel/sand). You meticulously have to check the whole map:
* look for grey-shaded bits on the white tarmac road lines
* check dead-end side-roads for completion
* check the Mortimer Gardens, the Festival Area, the quarry, the cross-rally parcours and the beach area

With me it was one of the many beach dead-ends that missed its "tip". If you can't spot the missing bits on the map you have to find them by luck or extended exploration (I suggest starting with all dead-ends).
Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
#105 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 7:24:26 AM(UTC)
Got all roads today even though i had the achievement several days ago. Came back from hospital (occupational therapy) and thought i'd jump on Horizon for a bit.
@Crucian4 Good call on the location, had one their showing as done on main map, but on mini map it was between two of the dotted lines. Must driven both ends and not in the middle!
The one more in the middle of the map that was joining onto a main road. All done, 531/531!
#106 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 7:40:34 AM(UTC)
The Noisy Cartographer achievement also popped up for me after I'd driven on 529 out of 531 roads.

On True Achievements some players think it's a glitch but some have completed all 531 roads.

https://www.trueachievements.com...cartographer-achievement

I've searched the map several times on a 50" 4K TV but can't find the missing 2 roads. I'm wondering if it's a seasonal thing - I'm on Winter at present - and I may have another look when it's Summer.
#107 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 7:48:25 AM(UTC)
The achievement does pop at 529 for everyone it appears, it did for me and I got it a week before early release. It's probably a good thing that it pops a little early as it will like prevent some controllers being embedded in walls via the short route through a television.

I'm 531/531 myself now and that was done a couple weeks ago. The seasons do not obscure or reveal any of the roads, they can all be found regardless of what season you are in.

✔ Verified Moderator

#108 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 7:56:12 AM(UTC)
I'm 529/531. Struggling to find the last two. Any help? Is there a known section of road to be hard to find?
#109 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 8:03:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sonic6L Go to Quoted Post
I'm 529/531. Struggling to find the last two. Any help? Is there a known section of road to be hard to find?

There are lots of suggestions on the following site:

One guy has very helpfully posted 6 images of places that can be easily missed and others say it's important to go through all the tunnels and drive over all the jumps adjoining dirt tracks.

#110 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 8:09:54 AM(UTC)
I went from 529 to 530 while I was barreling through a field, not sure which road even triggered it lol. I'm not too worried, I'm sure I'll get the final one at some point in much the same way and the achievement unlocks at 529 anyways.
#111 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 8:27:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
The achievement does pop at 529 for everyone it appears, it did for me and I got it a week before early release. It's probably a good thing that it pops a little early as it will like prevent some controllers being embedded in walls via the short route through a television.

LOL
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
 1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 11:02:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WritesCode4Food Go to Quoted Post
OK, unlike previous games, I just played events and didn't deliberately drive any roads. I easily got to 510+ with only a few detours. Every once and a while when I was given a route by Anna if I was driving past a road I hadn't driven that was on my way I'd drive it. Also, if I went past a very short road I knew I might miss later I drove it.

When I was so close to 531 I then got a little more deliberate about finishing some roads when I was in the area. In my case, they were mostly roads south of the wind farm. I then was at 528. In about 1/2 hour I found two more roads that I had missed and was stuck on 530. I spent at least two hours trying to find the last road. I zoomed in tight and sat close to my big screen. Nothing spotted.

Finally today I got the last road just driving around. North of the eastern boundary of the Festival site about 1/2 between it and the Slate Quarry title is a little reverse J road. It was highlighted as having been driven. I had completely ignored, however, today while driving on the rotating map I noticed a tiny bit of grey. That was IT!

On the top map view, it did NOT look grey, however, as I was driving east on the road it's connected to the rotating map showed the grey. I think that road get's marked as mostly driven as you drive by on the major road. I assumed I had driven it. Unless you are watching closely it's easy to miss that you didn't. I'll bet a LOT of people are missing the tip of that little reverse J

THIS WAS IT!!! Thank you so much! Really though there is no way you can tell that is grey from the main map, I looked at that road from the map like 5 times & it was good but when you drive to it there's just the tiniest grey spot.

#113 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:42:10 AM(UTC)
Stuck on 520...can't figure out where those last 11 are as they are all showing as white/pink on the map!

Is there any other way than driving around everywhere looking for tiny specs of grey? :-/
#114 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:35:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

There are lots of suggestions on the following site:

One guy has very helpfully posted 6 images of places that can be easily missed and others say it's important to go through all the tunnels and drive over all the jumps adjoining dirt tracks.

Cheers. Hopefully natural progression through the game can help me unlock the final two roads. Glad it unlocks early though.
#115 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:41:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HemleN Go to Quoted Post
For me the last road was one of the jumps in this area:

It looked different then the normal "faded" grey that the missing pieces have. This was just a small grey dot without fading which probably was because the ramp is a separate road instead of a road-section. Worth trying if you think you've looked at everything else!

HemleN, thanks, very good tip. This road is invisible. Now, all roads discovered... Thanks

#116 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:24:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HemleN Go to Quoted Post
For me the last road was one of the jumps in this area:

It looked different then the normal "faded" grey that the missing pieces have. This was just a small grey dot without fading which probably was because the ramp is a separate road instead of a road-section. Worth trying if you think you've looked at everything else!

Thank you thats awesome.
#117 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:33:59 PM(UTC)
My achievement just popped up at 529/531 i'll have to go to that beach area check it out as well. I've gone through that map with a fine tooth comb and cant find the last two
#118 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:46:01 PM(UTC)
The achievement also popped at 529/531 for me. 530 was the very next road, but it took me another couple of days to find that last section of missing road. Couldn't see it at all on the map, then while bombing across fields to a Forzathon Live event I must have gone close enough to a road (definitely wasn't on one) and the counter popped up to say 531/531.
#119 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:37:40 PM(UTC)
I was finding last road for about half an hour only to find small road in Edinburgh... :(
#120 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 12:40:29 AM(UTC)
530/531. One more "bit" of road to find.

#121 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 11:38:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smiley Beat Go to Quoted Post
I just got the success at 529 but still missing one because I'm at 530 roads.

Edit : Finally, I found it, really by chance. It's around the wind turbines near to Moorhead Wind Farm.

Thank you for saving my sanity!

#122 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 11:45:20 AM(UTC)
530/531. One more "bit" of road to find.

Did you look at the little reverse J I mentioned earlier in this thread?
The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
#123 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 4:33:29 AM(UTC)
I got this last night. Unlocked at 529/531 like others have mentioned. Which wasn't a big deal for me, because one of them I already knew where it was, and the other was a pretty big stretch that I was able to find, though I'm not sure how I overlooked it the first time through.
#124 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 5:33:14 PM(UTC)
Stuck at 526/531 I can't find any more. H E L P
#125 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 7:22:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TehWalrus2234 Go to Quoted Post
Stuck at 526/531 I can't find any more. H E L P

Open map, turn off all icons, zoom all the way in, and slowly comb over the map. Also be sure to read all helpful tips in this thread. 🙂

🇨🇦
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error