11 Pages<<7891011PrevNext
#201 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 3:49:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
After trying many different settings with my wheel, I have come to the conclusion that this game, in its current state is not great with a wheel. Other than free roam, racing is a drift fest trying to keep the car from spinning out at every turn or jump .
The off road hard knocking effect has got to be fixed. This was an issue in the past iterations of Horizon that still hasn’t been fixed.
For now I’ll resort to the controller since it is a more satisfying experience. At least I can give the unbeatable AI a run whereas with the wheel Expert is a massive chore.

Please PG if you’re listening please have someone take a good look at wheel support.

I totally agree. I’ve given up trying to find wheel settings that are playable. I hope PG reads this stuff.
#202 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 3:53:35 PM(UTC)
I drive against unbeatable and really enjoy it, but I don't drive cross country events, I use a controller for that. I also used a controller for some of the story missions because 3 stars was only achievable by going cross country.

Dirt roads are ok, but not ideal. I like driving tarmac so that is where I spend 90% of my time and my wheel is tuned nicely for it.

Put another way, you can tune your wheel for road or dirt or cross country, but you will compromise feel when you switch to another surface.

It was the same in FH3 too but in general I did not like the way FH3 handled FFB.

Ultimately, there is still a lot of work to be done with FFB in Forza and we are still waiting for this to be prioritised by T10 and Playground and we're 3 games on since the dreadful FM6 Andrew still don't have FFB to where it should be.

Improvement has been made but it's still not enough.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#203 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 6:02:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
I drive against unbeatable and really enjoy it, but I don't drive cross country events, I use a controller for that. I also used a controller for some of the story missions because 3 stars was only achievable by going cross country.

Dirt roads are ok, but not ideal. I like driving tarmac so that is where I spend 90% of my time and my wheel is tuned nicely for it.

Put another way, you can tune your wheel for road or dirt or cross country, but you will compromise feel when you switch to another surface.

It was the same in FH3 too but in general I did not like the way FH3 handled FFB.

Ultimately, there is still a lot of work to be done with FFB in Forza and we are still waiting for this to be prioritised by T10 and Playground and we're 3 games on since the dreadful FM6 Andrew still don't have FFB to where it should be.

Improvement has been made but it's still not enough.

+1

Couldn't agree more, improvement are nice but the way they have handled 'roadfeel' in this game is atrocious. The very least they need to do is add a new slider to adjust the force/influence of the bumps/impact forces, they totally ruin the driving atm.

Right now I'm just wishing they had data out... Its amazing how fm7 feels with emu FFB, and I'm positive it would make a world of difference in horizon 4.

1 user liked this post.
#204 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:39:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post

I am certain that the system he talked about is already implemented in FH4, at least an early version anyway bacause we have the feature that he talked about, we have impact forces, we have suspension tuning affecting FFB now and the biggest change is that the FFB has to be changed drastically in certain cars which indicated the the kinematic suspension model is in play too.

Will have to wait and see how it will play in FM7 but so far (according to a couple of testers and myself) FFB created by EmuWheel in FM7 is still the best FFB on any forza game hands down.

You were right Blue, FH4 already has the revised FFB system:

https://support.forzamot...60001988168-Introduction

So we've got the revised system, I'm not sure if we can expect big improvements or changes from this point, but let's see.

PC & XB1
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#205 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:40:46 AM(UTC)

You were right Blue, FH4 already has the revised FFB system:

https://support.forzamot...60001988168-Introduction

So we've got the revised system, I'm not sure if we can expect big improvements or changes from this point, but let's see.

Interesting read, what I find astonishing is one line from there, "people wrongly assume that FFB or settings can make the car more overteer/understeer" while I get what they mean that the FFB or settings have no impact of the actual physics of the car, they absolutely 100% have an impact in your ability to drive the car and that can certainly be perceived as making the car more oversteery/understeery (usually the former).

FFB is a critical part of the driving experience, it may not alter the physics but it does alter how you perceive what the physics are doing which can drastically change the outcome of your inputs.

They just don't seem to understand just how important it really is.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:58:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#206 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:31:38 PM(UTC)
Does anyone really have got good settings for G29 wheel? I've tried many settings from this thread and youtube videos but I haven't found good settings tbh. Someone had nice video of settings and his performance with those settings and he was able to drift and handle his car with one hand. Tried these settings and I found that I wasn't able to handle my car even with both hands on the wheel, wayyyy too much FFB. Wheel was kicking like mad donkey or something.

Now I've got some random settings from some video or post and now I can drive pretty fine on tarmac but when I even slightly lose grip, I can't handle it. It doesn't even matter how fast I make the correction move but the car won't react to it. Plus it feels like I'm driving like -89 Toyota without power steering.

So I'm trying to find nice balance between FFB, steadiness and light feel. I like that steering feels light, just like in real life. I like to drive fast steady, car isn't wobbling like crazy irl when I'm driving fast. And I would love to drift even somehow. Now it's impossible with these FFB settings. Anyone?
#207 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:34:12 PM(UTC)
You really have to learn how to make the settings work for you instead of just copying someone's settings and expecting it to work. Especially if it's some YouTuber or forum poster who drives very differently to the way you do.

Force feedback feel is a very subjective thing that relates to each person's real world driving experience, driving style and virtual driving experience. Some people can make absolutely crazy settings work extremely well. For instance there is a movement to make the wheel basically like a controller by setting degrees of rotation to 180 only or achieving the same effect by setting outside deadzone to 20. I just can't drive with these settings, but many seem to love it.

Take the time to figure it out. Play games that have excellent force feedback (I would recommend Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom Racing Experience, particularly as RaceRoom is free to download) and remeyhow it should feel. Then come back to Forza and try to approximate what you were getting (you won't get it to match, but you can tune it to be workable).

In all seriousness it can take weeks or months to get dialled in. It actually took me more than a year to be truly happy with my first FFB wheel (Logitech G920).

I recommend to reset to default settings, follow the official guide and also watch Blue028's videos to get a bit more insight and just tune each setting slowly to get the right balance.

Only change one setting at a time and go and drive until you understand what each one does and slowly put together something that works for you.

As an example, I have a wheel that is similar to Blue028 and in general have the same preferences to my wheel setup as he does, but I'm not as invested in drifting. So one of the big differences I have with him is that I run Normal steering while he runs Simulation.

You'll need to work out what is best for you. No one will magically have the right answer.

PC & XB1
#208 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:38:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kaleuko Go to Quoted Post

So I'm trying to find nice balance between FFB, steadiness and light feel. I like that steering feels light, just like in real life. I like to drive fast steady, car isn't wobbling like crazy irl when I'm driving fast. And I would love to drift even somehow. Now it's impossible with these FFB settings. Anyone?

I want to point out something here. IRL I am rarely driving more than 120kmh, but in Forza, my average speed tends to be around 120kmh, which means I am often driving well above this.

Also I am taking corners at very high speeds and I don't tend to do this in real life as well.

Take that into account, you're mostly doing speeds well in excess of what you do in real life.

That said, I don't get oscillations in FH4. Read the official guide to try to work on eliminating oscillations.

PC & XB1
 2 users liked this post.
#209 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:41:26 AM(UTC)
I'll just add some thoughts here too as some things I have been thinking over for the last few weeks.

It's to do with how FFB wheels work, how FFB is calculated and applied and the drawbacks of these systems combined together.

By far the biggest drawback is how a FFB wheel works and I'll brake it down into 3 parts
-voltage=wheel rotation speed
-amperes=wheel strenght/torque
-wheel mechanical friction

The heart of FFB is aligning, and the way FFB cominicates that through the FFB is as follows
-value between -10000 and 10000
0 being no force + - left and right respectivley

And this is were subjectiveness comes into it as different wheels will require different setups to achieve a similar 'feel'.

In the real world wheel rotation speed and steering torque are separate things and they do not influence each other, but on a FFB wheel they are directly linked. The voltage that is applied to the motor directly affects how fast the wheel will spin when it's not under load, when you try to stop the wheel from turning the wheel will draw more current (amperes) as the motor is stalled giving a torque at the wheel rim.

But here's the tricky part, you can't change one without changing the other, so if you want a lighter wheel you have to lower the voltage (lowering the FFB signal) which will result in less steering torque because reducing the voltage reduces the amount of current the motor will draw, so the steering rotation speed is also reduced because now its getting less voltage.

This is why I like a strong wheel, not only does it allow me to feel the car better but I get a better balance between wheel speed and wheel torque, because this is one of the hardest things to get perfect on a FFB wheel.

Then the mechanical resistance comes I to play, if a wheel has very little internal friction it will be much more seseptable to oscillations because when the wheel rotation accelerates as the FFB signal increases it cannot slow down at the same rate it can accelerate if the FFB suddenly reduces, this means its the FFB signals job to try perfectly position the wheel on its own by only using left or right forces, so if the wheel does not decelerate when the FFB signal is 0 the the FFB has to counter that movement which results in oscillations.

In a real car this doesn't matter because the wheel rotation speed has no bearing on the weight and torques being applied through the steering components, in a real car the wheel can rotate extremely fast and stop on a dime depending on the forces acting on it.

Oscillations can be reduced by adding FFB Damper but FFB Damper greatly reduces the responsiveness of the FFB. I am actually in the process of working on a mod for one of my wheels that will have adjustable mechanical drag on the wheel itself, which in theory should work much better than a FFB Damper.

Now circling back to how FFB is calculated, it comes from the torque that would be applied directly to the steering wheel, but FFB wheels do not operate by torque so the torque has to be converted to signal between 0 and 10000.

So car x turns a corner produces a torque of 12nm, 12nm is converted to FFB signal of 8000. Car Y turns a corner and produces a torque of 6nm, half that of car x so we have a FFB signal of let's say 4000. This becomes an issue as this is applied to varying hardware, a g25 online makes about 2.5 Nm peak, my modded wheel makes about 9nm peak, the peak torque/ffb produced by car Y is going to feel too weak on both wheels resulting in the user having to change the FFB for that car.

Using accurate steering torque calculation has very little benefit to consumer FFB wheels, instead the approach should be normalised steering torque like the way we did with EmuWheels custom FFB.

1 user liked this post.
#210 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 11:55:13 AM(UTC)
Good write up. It makes sense as to why in FH4, the cars have different FFB feel depending on their weight, drivetrain type and tyre type, while you have the same settings applied to both cars.

Some cars feel quite good and then you will switch cars and suddenly the wheel is way too light or even too heavy.

PC & XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#211 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 6:23:25 AM(UTC)
For instance there is a movement to make the wheel basically like a controller by setting degrees of rotation to 180 only or achieving the same effect by setting outside deadzone to 20. I just can't drive with these settings, but many seem to love it.

See, I find this strange, yes, on previous Forza games that would give a massive outer deadzone. However, if you read the tooltip in FH4 it suggests it's reversed to previously, and certainly for me on PC, setting the outer deadzone to 20 for the steering wheel actually *reduces* sensitivity by reducing, not increasing, the outer deadzone.

2 users liked this post.
#212 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 8:53:26 AM(UTC)
-snip-

To this point, the fact that T10 recommends adjusting advanced steering settings (buried five-menus deep) PER CAR instead of allowing the player to turn on an option that uses logic to adjust wheel settings based on a "feel preference" to the car you're driving is kind of counter-intuitive to the type of game Forza Horizon is trying to be.

They worked REALLY hard on the automatic compensation built into thumbstick driving, but all the idiosyncrasies of FFB-based wheel driving is kind of "left up to the player" to deal with on a PER CAR basis. The official FFB explanation post on their support site even says:

Turn10 wrote:
... play with the in-game Steering Sensitivity to adjust the steering ratio to what you like or need based on the car you’re currently driving.

They expect you to take in things like wheel lock (which isn't shown in game to my knowledge) into account when adjusting your sensitivity settings (again, five menus deep) every time you switch a car, with no way to retain said settings.

That means if you need to make a quick adjustment from a huge offroad vehicle to a hypercar once you hop on that team adventure... you're basically screwed.

What this also means, is that all these "I FINALLY FOUND GREAT WHEEL SETTINGS" posts are completely only based on the car the person was testing out at the time... which is why you see so many responses of "are you crazy?" Player 1 adjusted the settings on their McLaren Senna and Player 2 tries out said settings on their Ford F150 and now Player 2 is spinning out at the slightest touch of the wheel... it makes settings impossible to "dial in" and forget.

To my knowledge, this is the only racing game that allows for this level of fidelity when adjusting the wheel to have to deal with this. They really need to commit to a steering "model" for wheels that is uniform among all cars with appropriate compensations happening automatically like they have done with controllers.

Edited by user Friday, November 9, 2018 8:54:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#213 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 9:21:34 AM(UTC)
[PSA] All "wheel settings" posts are invalid, here's why:

Let me explain.

Forza Horizon 4 does not have a "universal steering model" for wheel users.

A deep and thorough explanation of each advanced wheel setting can be found here and I highly recommend reading through every word if you use a wheel on this game.

However, the tl;dr of it all, is that all wheel settings every player comes up with and posts, are per car settings.

All of us wheel users have done it, we get in a car, we dial a settings, test, redial, test again, etc. etc. until finally we have it! Then we rush to Reddit and the forums to loudly proclaim: I have found the answer!!

What happens though, is after we make that post, we go back to our game, drive around blissfully with our new "perfect wheel settings" and then we try to jump in a team adventure, which requires us to take a completely different class/style of vehicle, and boom... it's back to spin-city.

The first problem is Forza Horizon 4 does not use a "Steering Model" for wheels, in fact, all of the hard work and effort made to make controller steering feel "perfect" in the game is "disabled at the input level" when a wheel is plugged in.

Source
Quote:
Forza is known for being controllable and natural on a gamepad and these systems are a major component of that feeling. There are multiple systems layered together to create Normal steering. Simulation Steering turns these systems off. The input layers of these systems are turned off any time you use a wheel, regardless of the steering setting.

This basically means that the wheel acts the same no matter what car you are driving, which is to say it feels different with every car you drive.

A lot of this has to do with "steering lock."

Someone could probably explain this better than me, but essentially, every car has a maximum angle at which the tires will turn, as well as a maximum degree of rotation the steering wheel will turn.

In real life, both of these factors are per-car, however, in Forza, only the first factor (maximum angle of tires) is per-car. Since you're using the same wheel for all cars (i.e. the one in your hands), the rotation does not change per car you drive.

I'll quote the article above again:

Quote:
Example: Car X modern supercar has 36 degrees of lock but in real life it’s max wheel rotation is 750 degrees. In this case you want to either set your wheel rotation to 750 degree and keep sensitivity to 50, or you increase the sensitivity up to 70 and you keep the wheel rotation set at 900 degrees. Either way you are going to drive with the same steering ratio, and the car will feel identical.

This means, that every car you drive in Forza Horizon 4, you must do these things:

1. Know (magically) the maximum degree of steering lock
2. Adjust the sensitivity or rotation of the wheel in your settings

This means (impossibly) when you switch from that McLaren Senna to that Ford F150, you must go five-menus deep and adjust the steering sensitivity in the Advanced Wheel Settings menu, each time, with no way to retain settings per car... you literally have to memorize it, or dial it in each time.

Turn10 even recommends this. Again, from the article:

Quote:
TIP - we suggest you adjust wheel rotation in software OR Steering Sensitivity in game, not both.

- Unless your hardware is limited in terms of wheel rotation, set your device to 900 degrees and then play with the in-game Steering Sensitivity to adjust the steering ratio to what you like or need based on the car you’re currently driving.
- Keep the Steering Sensitivity setting unchanged (50) and play with your wheel software to set the steering wheel degrees of rotation until your happy with the controls based on the car you’re currently driving.

This makes game modes like Team Adventure completely impossible to play for wheel users.

With all that said, unless this is a "one-car" game for you (i.e. you only like driving a [insert car here] and nothing else), using a wheel in Forza Horizon 4 is impractical at best, improbable for most of the content, and impossible for certain game modes.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]
[Repy to Mod Edit from OP] - This post or something like it (preferably by official channels) should be stickied, not merged.

Crucial information about how the game handles wheel settings is getting buried in this thread, causing people to ask the same questions over and over again, and post the same incorrect information over and over again, because they can't navigate 20 pages of thread to find the useful information.

Edited by user Friday, November 9, 2018 10:51:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#214 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 2:18:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SavingPrincess2 Go to Quoted Post

This means, that every car you drive in Forza Horizon 4, you must do these things:

1. Know (magically) the maximum degree of steering lock
2. Adjust the sensitivity or rotation of the wheel in your settings

Actually, I do this in every driving game when I switch cars.

Though most of the time I do not necessarily know the exact DOR of a car, I typically know the ballpark to set it to.

For instance open wheelers are typically 270 degrees of rotation.

GT3 class race cars are typically 540 degrees of rotation.

Road cars are typically 720 to 900 degrees of rotation. So I normally keep it on 810 as a happy medium and it generally feels fine for me.

Since I run a Fanatec wheel, I can adjust my DOR on the fly with the wheel mounted controls.

Thruatmaster wheels can do similar adjustments with a combination of button presses (Google it if you don't know how).

When I ran a Logitech G920, I used to change settings each time I changed cars. But I still change from manual w/clutch to manual if I am switching between sequential and traditional manual gearboxes.

The other thing is that force feedback strength is a per car adjustment too. Again, it is nice to have a Fanatec wheel to be able to do this quickly via the wheel mounted controls, but I would recommend adjusting FFB strength if necessary when changing cars.

I don't change the FFB strength as much as I would typically change DOR though.

PC & XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#215 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 2:29:31 PM(UTC)

With all that said, unless this is a "one-car" game for you (i.e. you only like driving a [insert car here] and nothing else), using a wheel in Forza Horizon 4 is impractical at best, improbable for most of the content, and impossible for certain game modes.

I commented similarly in past. I set my wheel up for road racing, which makes it ok for dirt racing, but I will not do cross country with my wheel.

I actually pick up my controller if I have to do cross country as I can't stand to drive cross country with the wheel, the forces that come back through the wheel are just too much.

I could setup my wheel for cross country, but then it will feel too light on the road and I much prefer on road driving anyway.

With all of this said, the force feedback can be enjoyable and quite informative. But we are still not at the level of Assetto Corsa or RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Edited by user Friday, November 9, 2018 2:30:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC & XB1
 2 users liked this post.
#216 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 3:52:39 PM(UTC)
With its current implementation FFB with the newly added kinematic suspension model calculations they need to make FFB settings save per car.

As for DOR, they should scrap the sensitivity setting and use a combination of wheel rotation angle and steering ratio. This way you can set the maximum rotation of the wheel and just set a steering ratio and have the game automatically adjust the wheel rotation to achieve the steering ratio the user sets based on the known ingame max steering angle. This would be the quickest simplest solution because they wouldn't have to do the research to get accurate steering rotation for all 700+cars (and it does require research because the max steer angle forza uses is very inaccurate on most of the cars, so it is necercary to find the real life steer angle and wheel rotation in order to get the actual steering ratio the real car uses in order to work out the correct DOR needed to get the same steering ratio with Forza's max steer angle, this is something we are working on for soft locking in EmuWheel, it's a huge task).

At least this method of DOR and steer ratio while it may not be super realistic it will give the users some consistency without having to adjust DOR settings everytime they change car
 1 user liked this post.
#217 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:00:12 AM(UTC)
At least this method of DOR and steer ratio while it may not be super realistic it will give the users some consistency without having to adjust DOR settings everytime they change car

Honestly, at this point I would 100% take playability (even to the point of being "Arcade-mode") over realism. T10 bends over backwards (rightfully so) to get this game feeling PERFECT on a controller, but disables all that work on the input level once a wheel is plugged in. I would love an option for a non-sim/arcade-feel wheel setting where it has all the same compensations and interpretations afforded the controller. I don't come to Horizon 4 for a super-deep racing sim experience... I have Project Cars 2/Asetto Corsa/etc. and an Oculus for all that. I just want the game to be fun with a wheel and not a complete chore.
#218 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 6:35:57 AM(UTC)
I don't come to Horizon 4 for a super-deep racing sim experience... I have Project Cars 2/Asetto Corsa/etc. and an Oculus for all that. I just want the game to be fun with a wheel and not a complete chore.

Wait. There is a difference between a racing sim (where you simulate penalties, pit stops, ballast handicaps, starting order, qualifying, homologation rules etc) and having a nuanced driving and force feedback model.

I think you can have a nuanced and authentic driving model that feels great with a steering wheel, without the trappings of an overly regulated racing series. And the experience can be deep in the levels of feedback that you get through the wheel and the physics of the tyre interactions with the surfaces.

PC & XB1
#219 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:33:12 AM(UTC)
Funny,. If only Fh4 had the option to choose which class (and racetype) you can race online (like fh3) this all would be less of a problem since we could stick with a certain car for a few sessions before switching cars & settings.

1 user liked this post.
#220 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:05:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BusdriverSyl Go to Quoted Post
Funny,. If only Fh4 had the option to choose which class (and racetype) you can race online (like fh3) this all would be less of a problem since we could stick with a certain car for a few sessions before switching cars & settings.

Certainly it is an issue in this case. But I pretty much don't play online with randoms at all and this still remains an issue that I have to deal with.

So fixing this does not fix the issue.

PC & XB1
#221 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:56:13 AM(UTC)
For me it would work,. Since all i like to do is race online.
But yeah, something like Assetto Corsa would be better, where the game adjusts the DOR to the car, given you set it @900 by default outside of the game.
#222 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 10:52:10 PM(UTC)
-snip-

To this point, the fact that T10 recommends adjusting advanced steering settings (buried five-menus deep) PER CAR instead of allowing the player to turn on an option that uses logic to adjust wheel settings based on a "feel preference" to the car you're driving is kind of counter-intuitive to the type of game Forza Horizon is trying to be.

They worked REALLY hard on the automatic compensation built into thumbstick driving, but all the idiosyncrasies of FFB-based wheel driving is kind of "left up to the player" to deal with on a PER CAR basis. The official FFB explanation post on their support site even says:

Turn10 wrote:
... play with the in-game Steering Sensitivity to adjust the steering ratio to what you like or need based on the car you’re currently driving.

They expect you to take in things like wheel lock (which isn't shown in game to my knowledge) into account when adjusting your sensitivity settings (again, five menus deep) every time you switch a car, with no way to retain said settings.

That means if you need to make a quick adjustment from a huge offroad vehicle to a hypercar once you hop on that team adventure... you're basically screwed.

What this also means, is that all these "I FINALLY FOUND GREAT WHEEL SETTINGS" posts are completely only based on the car the person was testing out at the time... which is why you see so many responses of "are you crazy?" Player 1 adjusted the settings on their McLaren Senna and Player 2 tries out said settings on their Ford F150 and now Player 2 is spinning out at the slightest touch of the wheel... it makes settings impossible to "dial in" and forget.

To my knowledge, this is the only racing game that allows for this level of fidelity when adjusting the wheel to have to deal with this. They really need to commit to a steering "model" for wheels that is uniform among all cars with appropriate compensations happening automatically like they have done with controllers.

It's also because, frankly, most people have no idea what they're talking about FFB wise.

Proof? People complain about every single game with FFB at some point how it's the worst ever.

It would be great to have automatic adjustments based on the car's steering though, would solve a lot of the issues with manual annoyance. However this seems to be a thing in pretty much every game and some only solve it with mods (like Assetto Corsa) which is annoying.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2018 10:53:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#223 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:23:25 AM(UTC)
Is that for normal or simulation steering? Cheers :)
#224 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:26:57 AM(UTC)
Is that for normal or simulation steering? Cheers :)
#225 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 10:03:03 AM(UTC)
FOR THE TMX PRO WHEEL AND TH83 SHIFTER.
STEERING AXIS DEADZONE INSIDE- 0
STEERING AXIS DEADZONE OUTSIDE - 75
STEERING LINEARITY- 45
ACCELERATION AXIS DEADZONE INSIDE - 0
ACCELERATION AXIS DEADZONE OUTSIDE - 85
DECEL AXIS DEADZONE INSIDE - 0
DECEL AXIS DEADZONE OUTSIDE -0
CLUTCH DEFAULT
E-BRAKE DEFAULT
VIBRATION 0
FFB SCALE- 80