11 Pages12345>>PrevNext
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#51 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 9:35:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DoctorXephos Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)

You are a life saver!!! I was having huge issues with sudden bursts of power and losing control, I’m using a G29 and your in game settings worked great for me. The cars are way more controlled and just better to drive. I even turned back to 900 degrees.

I tweaked a few things in game since I was getting 0 FFB during corrections while driving, but I found some great settings because of your base.


Happy it’s working better for you. Really is night and day difference. I forgot to mention my wheel is the Fanatec CSW V2 so FFB would need to be adjusted to each wheel.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#52 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 9:41:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DoctorXephos Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)

You are a life saver!!! I was having huge issues with sudden bursts of power and losing control, I’m using a G29 and your in game settings worked great for me. The cars are way more controlled and just better to drive. I even turned back to 900 degrees.

I tweaked a few things in game since I was getting 0 FFB during corrections while driving, but I found some great settings because of your base.



Can you please share your settings.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#53 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 1:04:05 PM(UTC)
I honestly hope they give us an update to fix the ffb settings on xbox. They got motorsport 7 damn near perfect. I use my fanatec v2.5 and motorsport works flawlessly. I hope theyre working on a solution for horizon 4. They already enabled handbrake support, now if they could just eliminate that sloppy center the game would be perfect. Ive tried every setting ive seen posted so far including my own, some help ease the issue but it doesnt really correct it, there is still a massive amount of play in the center of the wheel.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 1:40:34 PM(UTC)
Holy **** , the 20 outside deadzone actually works! It doesn't make sense, but it works.

But still, I think the gravel/off road feedback gets too violent. You have to remove Damper to get the FFB reponsive. But then going on gravel becomes unpleasant, especially in high speed turns.

There is no point in adding constant DAMPER into a force feedback! Have the developers ever played any real simulator like Assetto Corsa? There absolutely NO damper in the FFB of Assetto Corsa, it would be insane. Or any other proper simulators.

Consumer level wheels have so much internal resistance and slow low-powered motors already, making them sluggish by nature (compared to Direct Drive wheels) that it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to add Damper on top of it! If you put Damper at 0, and overall FFB volume high enough, you can get FH4 feel great and responsive on tarmac. But then FFB goes too shaky, when you go to gravel or offroad. To the point of being unpleasant and plain annoying to drive.

And if you put Damper, yes it cures the offroad/gravel shake issue, but then Tarmac will feel sluggish and dead.

And since the game is a lots about driving outside of main roads, it shouldn't be like this. Add separate level for offroad road noise, or just tweak something. Damper should never be required to use, it kills all tarmac responsiveness that these cheap wheels like Thrustmaster or Logitech can offer.

Currently, if you put Damper to 0, offroad racing becomes terrible. Only tarmac will feel good

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 5:55:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#55 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:16:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hyperion Biga Go to Quoted Post
Add separate level for offroad road noise

+1

Rank: Racing Permit
#56 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:02:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)


Thank you for the deadzone tip. It made a great difference.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#57 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:40:56 PM(UTC)
It may be the cars your trying to drift with.. If its not tuned to drift.. You will have a hard time doing it in simulation mode.. I was struggling to drift wih my g29... But now in my drift tuned 1995 m3 I'm having tonnes of fun.. You can download the tune as I shared it.. Its called drift i6 winter by stigolas.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 2:47:56 AM(UTC)
Talking of Damper, you do have all that **** switched off or at 0 in your actual wheel settings don't you.

Normal Wheel settings for any sim race game in Windows/the Wheel software with my G25.

Overall effects strength 100 (can move up and down depending on how you like it)
Spring Effect and /damper effect Strength at 0 these are canned effects (also 0 in game)
Centering Spring off
Degrees of Rotation 900 in my case works for all good sims.
No to combined pedals

Game settings

Vibration off, FFB Scale 85, Center Spring 0, Damper Spring 0, FFB Understeer default 50 (no effect currently as broken supposedly), FFB Minimum 100 (works in reverse currently).

My G25 works and feels good with these, off road/gravel feels fine just like the tarmac.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 3:10:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#59 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 6:47:24 AM(UTC)
Here in my G27 when using the standard layout force feedback worked perfectly. I was creating a custom profile now I am totally without force feedback.

Does anyone know how do I restore to the default layout or else make my ffb work again?
Rank: Driver's Permit
#60 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 7:41:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)


Deadzone Outside 20 is really the key! Thanks very much! Driving with Fanatec V2 and now its much much better!
Rank: Driver's License
#61 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 1:43:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Del Dredd Go to Quoted Post
Talking of Damper, you do have all that **** switched off or at 0 in your actual wheel settings don't you.

Normal Wheel settings for any sim race game in Windows/the Wheel software with my G25.

Overall effects strength 100 (can move up and down depending on how you like it)
Spring Effect and /damper effect Strength at 0 these are canned effects (also 0 in game)
Centering Spring off
Degrees of Rotation 900 in my case works for all good sims.
No to combined pedals

Game settings

Vibration off, FFB Scale 85, Center Spring 0, Damper Spring 0, FFB Understeer default 50 (no effect currently as broken supposedly), FFB Minimum 100 (works in reverse currently).

My G25 works and feels good with these, off road/gravel feels fine just like the tarmac.


No, I have Damper and Spring at 100 in my wheel software. As you are supposed to do with all "real" sims. They are programmable effects, the setting in wheel software is just a multiplier, nobody should turn them off in a modern game. The game controls, how much is used. No reason to turn them off or down in your wheel software.

Anyone who uses Damper of more than 5% in this game, and says it "feels good" has no idea how FFB or real car steering should feel like.

Preferable you should use 0%, to get responsive wheel such as in Assetto Corsa. It doesn't matter if you wheel software says Damper 100%, it won't be used if the game doesn't use it. Just like in Assetto Corsa, you put Damper at 100% and it makes the wheel heavy when car is stopped in Assetto. And when you get moving, Damper is NOT used ever since. No matter if its 100% in your wheel software.

And Damper should never be used while driving. It makes your cheap, slow wheel (unless you own Direct Drive wheel) even more sluggish than it is, makes no damn sense.

Forza Horizon 4 can feel great with Damper at 0, and only that way.

But it creates problems (violent, spiky feedback), once you go outside tarmac into the gravel, and worse, the cross-country races. Shows that developers have no clue, how FFB should feel like. Have they ever played Assetto Corsa, just once??? Or for example pCars2, rFactor 2, RaceRoom, iRacing, Automobilista. Why they just don't copy that feel... what is this "Default 100 dampening" ****



Rank: Driver's Permit
#62 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 3:00:23 PM(UTC)
Okay so whats up with the wheel settings in fh4? Theres no center spring AT ALL. All around just feels terrible. Its like im driving on ice, all i do is spin out because of over or under steering and none of the settings seem to do a thing. Im using a thrustmaster tmx pro. Any one else having this issue or is it just me? Any input will help. Drop your wheel settings maybe it will help me and others out.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#63 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 3:00:43 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know how to keep the FFB (and the settings in the advanced tab, like deadzones, linearity, etc) working when creating a custom profile?
Because I play with the G29 and the standard profile the game comes with doesn't have all the buttons/functions mapped (like looking to the sides or behind, open the map, etc) so I went and created a custom one but the problem is that the custom profile won't take the adjusts from the advanced tab. No matter how much you change the stuff in there, it just doesn't matter in game.
Pretty sure that's a bug.
So is there any way to make this works?
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 4:33:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: COXAmad Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know how to keep the FFB (and the settings in the advanced tab, like deadzones, linearity, etc) working when creating a custom profile?
Because I play with the G29 and the standard profile the game comes with doesn't have all the buttons/functions mapped (like looking to the sides or behind, open the map, etc) so I went and created a custom one but the problem is that the custom profile won't take the adjusts from the advanced tab. No matter how much you change the stuff in there, it just doesn't matter in game.
Pretty sure that's a bug.
So is there any way to make this works?



Same problem here with G27, worse than I can not return to the default layout.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#65 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 4:48:13 PM(UTC)
Same here with the setup not saving you're not alone guys. I am also upset that setting the sensitivity to 100% does not change it to 900 degrees steering.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#66 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 5:02:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oogravyoo72 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)


Thank you for the deadzone tip. It made a great difference.


wow its so much better now i kept vibration at 20 but the wheel now seems to have self aligning torque so i can catch drifts and it isnt delayed at all.incredible!
Rank: Driver's Permit
#67 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:23:33 PM(UTC)
the devs should really check out assetto corsa, project cars or even GT sport to see how wheel ffb should work. drifting with my G29 is torture and feels like im going to wear out the motor. you cant tell where your center of gravity is and the FFB doesnt let up when the tires slip, its just always pushing towards the center at all times
Rank: Driver's Permit
#68 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:57:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HSVKENWORTH92 Go to Quoted Post
it has a deadspot if you start the game with the controller then plug your wheel in


Holy **** that was my problem. I remember now from one of the previous games, where if you would start with a controller the wheel would be bad. Thanks for reminding me. I hope you get your issues sorted out.

I fixed all my problems, using the Clubsport V2 my settings are this:

Sen: 900
FF:100 (in game I left it at the default 50 setting)
and all the rest set to default except BRF which only applies if you're using the Clubsport v3 brakes, I have those set to 100

in game everything is default except I have the steering set to 540 and the brake outside deadzone dropped down to 75. I turned vibration to zero, can do that in either the advanced menu or the basic menu with "Vibration of"

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 11:01:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: additional info added

We were, of course, all ninjas
Rank: Driver's Permit
#69 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:29:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PSYCHONEEDLES Go to Quoted Post
Same here with the setup not saving you're not alone guys. I am also upset that setting the sensitivity to 100% does not change it to 900 degrees steering.


The steering sensitivity is not related to DOR. It is what it says. The faster you go the less steering input needed. so a 100% at high speed you will not have to turn the wheel so much. There is no DOR degrees of rotation setting in game for PC. I assume this is controlled by your wheel or wheel software. I have tried it at all settings and it makes no difference to the DOR. Try it your self, go in to an open space. Drice slow round in a circle. Change the settings and try it again. it does not change. They should really update the visual steering wheel to have full rotation though!! currently it only has 90 degrees or 180 not sure.
Rank: Racing Permit
#70 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:47:32 AM(UTC)
So no improvements after today's patch ?
GTX 980 4GB, i7 4770K 4.5Ghz, Z97S SLI PLUS, 16GB RAM 1866, SSD, Wheel - ThrustmasterT500RS
Rank: Driver's Permit
#71 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:16:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)


Thankyou! I've tried these settings with my CSW 2.5 and they work much better than the defaults. If anyone else has a Fanatec wheel, try these (or similar) settings and don't forget to change the wheel config using the spanner button and Dpad. I think I will try to tweak some more but these settings are a much better place to start from.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#72 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:27:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DiabloRF Go to Quoted Post
So no improvements after today's patch ?


This ^^^^


Anyone managed to find a decent set up for drifting or correcting a slide. I'm using the G29 which is "OK'ish" on tarmac but practically impossible on anything loose. You lose the back end and no amount of opposite lock will correct things. 🤬

Rank: Racing Permit
#73 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 3:25:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hyperion Biga Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Del Dredd Go to Quoted Post
Talking of Damper, you do have all that **** switched off or at 0 in your actual wheel settings don't you.

Normal Wheel settings for any sim race game in Windows/the Wheel software with my G25.

Overall effects strength 100 (can move up and down depending on how you like it)
Spring Effect and /damper effect Strength at 0 these are canned effects (also 0 in game)
Centering Spring off
Degrees of Rotation 900 in my case works for all good sims.
No to combined pedals

Game settings

Vibration off, FFB Scale 85, Center Spring 0, Damper Spring 0, FFB Understeer default 50 (no effect currently as broken supposedly), FFB Minimum 100 (works in reverse currently).

My G25 works and feels good with these, off road/gravel feels fine just like the tarmac.


No, I have Damper and Spring at 100 in my wheel software. As you are supposed to do with all "real" sims. They are programmable effects, the setting in wheel software is just a multiplier, nobody should turn them off in a modern game. The game controls, how much is used. No reason to turn them off or down in your wheel software.

Anyone who uses Damper of more than 5% in this game, and says it "feels good" has no idea how FFB or real car steering should feel like.

Preferable you should use 0%, to get responsive wheel such as in Assetto Corsa. It doesn't matter if you wheel software says Damper 100%, it won't be used if the game doesn't use it. Just like in Assetto Corsa, you put Damper at 100% and it makes the wheel heavy when car is stopped in Assetto. And when you get moving, Damper is NOT used ever since. No matter if its 100% in your wheel software.

And Damper should never be used while driving. It makes your cheap, slow wheel (unless you own Direct Drive wheel) even more sluggish than it is, makes no damn sense.

Forza Horizon 4 can feel great with Damper at 0, and only that way.

But it creates problems (violent, spiky feedback), once you go outside tarmac into the gravel, and worse, the cross-country races. Shows that developers have no clue, how FFB should feel like. Have they ever played Assetto Corsa, just once??? Or for example pCars2, rFactor 2, RaceRoom, iRacing, Automobilista. Why they just don't copy that feel... what is this "Default 100 dampening" ****





I have raced Sims for years, even before FFB was a thing. All of the good ones recommended putting Center and Damper to 0 in wheel settings as those provide fake effects and as you say if you have enable game to change settings ticked, it will not matter what they are but it does enable the Sims physics to control the FFB fully.


I do not have issues on gravel or off road in FH4 with my settings, no massive jolts etc, maybe try offroad/gravel with cars designed for it and not try to race supercars over it.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#74 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:44:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)



Thissssss. Thank you dude.


Rank: Driver's Permit
#75 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:30:44 AM(UTC)
What is everyones settings for FEI?
11 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error