11 Pages123>>Next
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:15:42 PM(UTC)
Hi all,
Sorry to open " a new post about wheel configs" XD
I feed this FH4 demo better to be played with wheel (I use g29 on pc) than FH3, but want to explore those settings that allow you to drive confortable...
Specially about degrees, I use 540... dos anybody goes up or down with this setting?

I have problems using handbrake with button, so...prefer to have low degrees in order to impulse every turn... dont know if shoul change other settings.

Can share your impresions¿?
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:25:09 PM(UTC)
I'm surprised that the wheel doesn't have the e-brake available on the left indicator button on the wheel in all honesty. It defaults to that on mine but then again I don't use a G29. As for steering, my RWA is limited to 270 degrees and on it's highest sensitivity it matches the in-seat hands almost 1 to 1 so I'd suggest moving the rotation settings to something in the 250-270 range and see if that helps.
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:41:23 PM(UTC)
Just give us handbrake support on Xbox.
Rank: Driver's License
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:31:07 PM(UTC)
Just played the demo and it does look stunning!

Having got my fanatec csw 2.5 set up perfect for FM7 I was hoping the settings would feel the same on Fh4. Unfortunately they don't!

Ingame I have the settings exactly the same as FM7 including force feedback at 100. But the wheel feels so light which means I'm going to have to try different settings on the wheel itself! Very annoying! not sure why there is such a huge difference in feel?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:18:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MJW F1 Go to Quoted Post
Just played the demo and it does look stunning!

Having got my fanatec csw 2.5 set up perfect for FM7 I was hoping the settings would feel the same on Fh4. Unfortunately they don't!

Ingame I have the settings exactly the same as FM7 including force feedback at 100. But the wheel feels so light which means I'm going to have to try different settings on the wheel itself! Very annoying! not sure why there is such a huge difference in feel?


If you have Forza Horizon 3 try the settings you have for that game as a start and then adjust from there. It will probably not be perfect but it should give you a decent starting point.
Forza Motorsport 7 is more of a sim than Horizon is so FH3 should be closer than FM7 for a base setting to start with.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:20:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MJW F1 Go to Quoted Post
Just played the demo and it does look stunning!

Having got my fanatec csw 2.5 set up perfect for FM7 I was hoping the settings would feel the same on Fh4. Unfortunately they don't!

Ingame I have the settings exactly the same as FM7 including force feedback at 100. But the wheel feels so light which means I'm going to have to try different settings on the wheel itself! Very annoying! not sure why there is such a huge difference in feel?

They re-modeled part of the FFB
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 7:36:37 AM(UTC)
I have a thrust master tmx. Been using it FH3 and it feels great on that game. And it feels great on Motorsport 7. But while playing the demo I feel like the oversteer is too much. The car is spinning out of control waaay too much, and I feel like I’m bad. But when I play with my controller everything is fine. For example, coming out of the quarry on the spring showcase, I can go full throttle on the controller. If I do that with the wheel it will spin out of control. Or every time I run through mud/water with the wheel I just lose control. Any solutions?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:38:35 AM(UTC)
Try these from my TM TX
Normal Steering
All deadzones 0/100
Vibration - 85
ffb- 40
center spring - 5
damper - 18
ffb understeer - 60
ffb min force - 0
rotation - 540

Still a work in progress but I am liking it. Your mileage may vary of course
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:39:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brisk Brew Brah Go to Quoted Post
I have a thrust master tmx. Been using it FH3 and it feels great on that game. And it feels great on Motorsport 7. But while playing the demo I feel like the oversteer is too much. The car is spinning out of control waaay too much, and I feel like I’m bad. But when I play with my controller everything is fine. For example, coming out of the quarry on the spring showcase, I can go full throttle on the controller. If I do that with the wheel it will spin out of control. Or every time I run through mud/water with the wheel I just lose control. Any solutions?

What settings are you using right now?
Rank: Driver's Permit
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:45:15 AM(UTC)
Same issue for me.

The issue is that the game only has 180 degree of rotation which is terrible for wheel control. Really hope they increase this before launch and have better wheel support in general.
Rank: Driver's License
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:41:40 PM(UTC)
i set rotation to 'off' and i think the game sets rotation angle per car? -feels great :>)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:02:09 PM(UTC)
FYI everyone, FFB understeer setting is inverted, running it at 0 will make the wheel feel very limp, I run it at 100 personally but I also like to remove all the fake effect like vibration, spring and damper.

My settings are
Vibration 0
FFB scale 100
FFB understeer 50 (this setting is broken atm)
FFB minimum 100
Spring 0
Damper 0
Linearity 50
Sensitivity 50 (DOR 900)

This feels pretty decent to me apart from issues with FFB understeer, as user setting makes no difference and it changes on its own depending on the road your driving on. If you use spring and Damper settings it seems to mask this issue.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:03:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:32:45 AM(UTC)
Set your wheel to maximum degrees of rotation and the game will match it to be 1-1 with in game movements. The biggest issue is that the game only has 180 degree of rotation which is mind boggling.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:39:03 AM(UTC)
So this is mine so far:
Vibration 5
FFB Scale 50
FFB Understeer 0
FFB Minimum 70
Spring 0
Damper 110
Linerity 48
DOR: 900°
Rank: Driver's Permit
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:05:27 AM(UTC)
Can someone help me with settings for my wheel as its not responsive and is super delayed, I have a thrustmaster but any help would do it's impossible to drive.

Thank you anyone that can help.
Rank: Racing Permit
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:32:15 AM(UTC)
I am having the same problem in the demo with my thrustmaster 458 spider wheel.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:33:09 AM(UTC)
I dunno, Forza games are always really bad with wheels. I'd stick to controller, personally.
Rank: Racing Permit
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:37:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HSVKENWORTH92 Go to Quoted Post
Can someone help me with settings for my wheel as its not responsive and is super delayed, I have a thrustmaster but any help would do it's impossible to drive.

Thank you anyone that can help.


I am guessing that you are having this problem in the demo?
Assuming so, this will probably be fixed when the full game releases tonight *fingers crossed*
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:05:43 AM(UTC)
Try running FFB minimum at 100 and see if it helps at all, this setting was inverted in the demo
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:09:14 AM(UTC)
Yes, it's super delayed and super disgusting. No better than demo. I wonder why it feels so good with FM7. I believe they are not the same studio.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:36:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BubbyGaming2004 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HSVKENWORTH92 Go to Quoted Post
Can someone help me with settings for my wheel as its not responsive and is super delayed, I have a thrustmaster but any help would do it's impossible to drive.

Thank you anyone that can help.


I am guessing that you are having this problem in the demo?
Assuming so, this will probably be fixed when the full game releases tonight *fingers crossed*


No mate I'm playing the game, it has a deadspot if you start the game with the controller then plug your wheel in, I still can't get settings so my wheel isn't as aggressive though.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:40:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BubbyGaming2004 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem in the demo with my thrustmaster 458 spider wheel.


Try quiting the game then plug your wheel in then open the game it shouldn't have the deadspot, I still can't get my wheel to not be aggressive it works now without the deadspot, it's just super aggressive!
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:16:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fangsunjianRed Go to Quoted Post
Yes, it's super delayed and super disgusting. No better than demo. I wonder why it feels so good with FM7. I believe they are not the same studio.


Yeah I really need help with settings if not this sucks to be honest.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:17:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Try running FFB minimum at 100 and see if it helps at all, this setting was inverted in the demo


Thank you I'll try that, it's just so aggressive and I can barely drive it. Very inconsistent.
Rank: Racing Permit
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 12:56:58 PM(UTC)
I demo with my G25 I used the following works pretty well.

Vibration 0, you don't need it.

FFB Scale 90, 100 was to strong, may depend on what you have Wheel FFB force at in its software.
Center Spring 0
Damper 0
FFB Under steer at default 50
FFB Minimum 100 as Blue mentioned.

I got these settings from another Wheel thread in the discussions, was a lot easier to control slides etc and the off road stuff on gravel felt nice.
11 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error