2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:49:19 AM(UTC)
I'm loving the demo, especially with the new suspension model the cars feel great! However, the tire smoke needs massive improvement. It's the same tire smoke from horizon 2 and that isn't acceptable for a game 4 years later. It pales in comparison to FM7 and even horizon 3. I hope this is rectified in the final product.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:46:53 AM(UTC)
There are 2 different densities for tire smoke in FM7. thick density for single player racing like freeplay and career mode. thin density for online play. given FH4 is online it has to be less smoke. if there was smoke like FM7 single player mode than the game would lag and drop frame rate as actual players tend to cause more smoke than the AI does. But also it might depend on what system, Xbox one s could have less smoke than the xbox one x. PC same way depending on graphics settings.

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:47:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:28:04 PM(UTC)
I recently took up playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted and frankly having dust and water spray kicked up by the cars in a realistic way is an absolute pain if you are behind someone. Half the time in N4S I deliberately try to avoid ending up right behind someone when off-road or in the rain because you can't see anything. So I'm really hoping that FH4 doesn't start to pull that trick.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:18:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kryyss X Go to Quoted Post
I recently took up playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted and frankly having dust and water spray kicked up by the cars in a realistic way is an absolute pain if you are behind someone. Half the time in N4S I deliberately try to avoid ending up right behind someone when off-road or in the rain because you can't see anything. So I'm really hoping that FH4 doesn't start to pull that trick.

I like that aspect. More immersive.
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 3:04:29 PM(UTC)
Hi i have played Fm7 and Fh3 and ive tried the FH4 demo and i can say the tire smoke is a little bit less off in Fh4 ,in FH3 its more. Ive tested the tire smoke in FH3 in singeplayer and online and its the same.And in FH4 you can play ofc online but it has an offline option.So why isnt the tire smoke more when its not even online?
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 8:23:37 AM(UTC)
Hi i have played Fm7 and Fh3 and ive tried the FH4 demo and i can say the tire smoke is a little bit less off in Fh4 ,in FH3 its more. Ive tested the tire smoke in FH3 in singeplayer and online and its the same.And in FH4 you can play ofc online but it has an offline option.So why isnt the tire smoke more when its not even online?
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 10:49:05 PM(UTC)
Is it just me or is there no tyre smoke in winter season just would like to know as I find it a big part off the game
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 12:48:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rangadrifta69 Go to Quoted Post
Is it just me or is there no tyre smoke in winter season just would like to know as I find it a big part off the game

I think it's reduced in Winter. Certainly looks that way to me.

There's not much you're smoke in the game because it's pretty demanding to hit 4k 30fps & 1080p 60fps on console. Some things need to be cut to hit those targets & tire smoke isn't a give graphical priority compared to reflections for example.

Forza 7 has decent tire smoke that was brought in as an update, but that's only in single player. In multiplayer, it looks like FH3.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:05:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rangadrifta69 Go to Quoted Post

Seems like there *shouldn't* be as much, if any, smoke spinning your wheels on cold, wet, potentially icy roads.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 11:32:45 PM(UTC)
Please playground add allot more smoke to your games especially fh4, because I try making skid cars and burnout cars and let me say it's fairly disappointing. Make it so that the more HP and larger tires equals much more smoke and also have it customisable for examples blue tire smoke if unlocked.

I feel this would be a massive plus for people who play racing games.

If not add a smoke limit option I'm speaking on behalf of many so make it happen, don't disappoint me. Please.

Notification

Icon
Error