This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:05:41 PM(UTC)
Yeah, i can't even deal with it, i wan't to use manual with clutch but this kills it. They need to fix it until then imma stick to controller and not play much other than the forzathons. gonna play fm7 more i guess.
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:52:19 PM(UTC)
It's a glitch if you ask me. I've noticed that if I use the paddles to shift it doesn't happen. This is because when you go to neutral for a moment it's causing the sound. I've noticed that when I shift up from like 2nd to 3rd the animation hits the gear down paddle instead of the gear up paddle. I suspect this is behind the constant clutch grind. Because I can make it grind while parked and holding the clutch down all the way.
#53 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 10:21:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Larj Gun Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Staquixz Go to Quoted Post
The worst thing is when your playing with damage on it damages the transmission 4.0%

As a matter of interest how did you find out out was 4% each time?

Press >T< on your Keyboard and use the >Page Up< Key to get to the last Page of telemetry, there you can see the damage done to the vehicle, which includes transmission damage. I turned damage to cosmetic because it's literally impossible to drive with that issue. (for some reason you can't switch through the telemetry menu with your wheel as you could in FH3)

Using G29 with H-Shifter btw.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:29:27 PM(UTC)
Started the game today, seemed fixed, but came back 20sec later... I paid alot of money for the ultimate edition, they need to at least tell us they are fixing it. There is also a bug that stops your car with low streaming bandwidth error when you are going too fast in 4k resolution. Please fix the damn game!
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:53:21 PM(UTC)
I’ve filed a detailed support ticket on the Forza forums addressing malfunctioning dead zone settings. In the meantime I’ve found a few cars which surprisingly don’t even have a grind effect present despite the shifting still not working properly: Chevrolet Colorado ZR2, Fiat Abarth 124 spider, jaguar D-Type, Mercedes-Benz Vintage racer, Radical RXC Turbo.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:52:16 AM(UTC)
I found that a lot of open roof/roadster type of cars do not have the manual crunch sound in interior view.
Fist 124 spider
Lotus 340r
Eagle Speedster
Triumph spitfire etc

These cars can all be driven in interior view without the soundbug.
#57 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 2:05:19 PM(UTC)
Really sucks that they haven't even chimed in on this at all, a lot of people that play on wheel are having their experiences ruined by this. I have been making due playing on controller but I really want to use the wheel but this bug makes it impossible for me. I can not put up with hearing a gear grind when i am shifting properly or putting the car into neutral. They should hire people to play test on wheel, heck, I will do it for free if it means stuff like this doesn't get overlooked in the future.
#58 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:11:27 AM(UTC)
This is being reported since the Demo if I'm not mistaken. At this point I really do believe we're gonna be lucky if they ever take notice of it, let alone fix it. I though at first it was gonna be fixed in like a day-one patch since it was so obvious and it affected so many people. But actually it seems that the majority of people don't even use cockpit view, let alone have an actual clutch. So the bug doesn't occur to as many users as I thought. Only the ones with wheel and H-shifter who prefer cockpit view, and as it seems we are a very small portion of the player base!

It is ridiculous...

Edited by user Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:12:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 12:32:03 PM(UTC)
Using a G920 with the 6 speed gear shifter add-on.
The game automatically applies the clutch for you when you are not moving to 'prevent the car from stalling'. Well, if I let off the clutch while I'm in gear my car SHOULD stall. I've also noticed that the clutch is at 100% when in neutral, then grinds when I let off the clutch IN FRIGGIN NEUTRAL. But here's the funny thing, I can let off the clutch while in gear and stationary, and my RPMs stay solid as a rock. Kinda backwards dontcha think?
This auto-clutch system thingymajig might be helpful with a controller, but it completely breaks immersion and makes this otherwise fun game a drag to play with a steering wheel setup. Seems like strange things to not work properly, like of course those key elements of a Forza have to be messed up.
Devs, please let us disable that auto-clutch function and fix the clutch deadzone issues so we can have FULL CONTROL of our vehicles. I've taken to turning the clutch function off and just using the clutch pedal anyways to pretend the game works right.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 12:48:32 PM(UTC)
They could just delete the grind soundclip and it would fix it imo
#61 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 12:51:10 PM(UTC)
I always hated the manual with clutch in forza because of how it would pop off the limiter for a split second when you clutched in. This happens no matter what controller I use or how long I stay off the gas before I clutch in and it drives me absolutely crazy
#62 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 1:09:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GARFGARF Go to Quoted Post
I always hated the manual with clutch in forza because of how it would pop off the limiter for a split second when you clutched in. This happens no matter what controller I use or how long I stay off the gas before I clutch in and it drives me absolutely crazy

The issue this thread is referring to is exclusive to wheel users, when i play on controller I use manual without clutch because there is no clutch modulation on controller. But even with manual w clutch on controller i don't have the issue you're talking about.

#63 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 7:52:16 PM(UTC)
Any thoughts of clutch modulation in Forza are an illusion.

Forza treats clutch engagement as binary, no matter what telemetry says.

Try moving a car from a standing start without any throttle input, clutch only and see what I mean.

IRL you can make a car move by engaging the clutch gradually.

That's not how Forza works and as noted above, when stationary the clutch is 100% engaged even if you have the clutch held in.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 6:24:57 AM(UTC)
I have a Thrustmaster tx with the t3pa pedals and I have the same problem, a simple solution would be to remove the grinding sound file completely from the game, or replace it with a empty (quiet) file.
Sorry for my bad English
#65 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 12:57:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
Any thoughts of clutch modulation in Forza are an illusion.

Forza treats clutch engagement as binary, no matter what telemetry says.

Try moving a car from a standing start without any throttle input, clutch only and see what I mean.

IRL you can make a car move by engaging the clutch gradually.

That's not how Forza works and as noted above, when stationary the clutch is 100% engaged even if you have the clutch held in.

I was comparing wheel with pedals to controller, controller is an on/off switch, wheel is less so.

#66 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:29:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mugen No Yoru Go to Quoted Post

I was comparing wheel with pedals to controller, controller is an on/off switch, wheel is less so.

Understand, I was just trying to explain that with a controller you don't need to modulate. In fact you are more likely to experience the grinding noise if you have a long travel clutch pedal than an on off switch button on controller.

The grinding noise in Forza plays under the following conditions (normally, outside of the bug we are talking about):

Move from in-gear to neutral when clutch is above 0%
Or
Move from neutral to in-gear when clutch is above 0%

So the only two numbers that matter are 0 and 100. Change when clutch is 0 and throttle when clutch is 100. Binary, just like the controller.

Anyway, just a side note. There is still a grinding noise playing at the wrong times when using a clutch with interior views in FH4 and it is quite annoying.

PC & XB1
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#67 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:51:18 PM(UTC)
Unfortunately guys you have to remember this isnt a simulation game and is a casual game, therefore the shifting isnt going to be as detailed as a sim game would or in real life. IRL you can shift gears without using the clutch if you can revmatch but youre not gonna get that modeled in as that isnt the primary experience focus of a game like this. There are other greeat games you can try which do have that modeled in but this game has other features that are to be enjoyed in place of this
#68 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:54:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ALLPWN Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately guys you have to remember this isnt a simulation game and is a casual game, therefore the shifting isnt going to be as detailed as a sim game would or in real life. IRL you can shift gears without using the clutch if you can revmatch but youre not gonna get that modeled in as that isnt the primary experience focus of a game like this. There are other greeat games you can try which do have that modeled in but this game has other features that are to be enjoyed in place of this

Don't let them off with providing a subpar product

The only way they improve is via feedback.

It's fine to give feedback, but probably set expectations low that they will take action on the feedback.

PC & XB1
#69 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:01:24 PM(UTC)

Don't let them off with providing a subpar product

The only way they improve is via feedback.

It's fine to give feedback, but probably set expectations low that they will take action on the feedback.

its doing my head in this clutch nonsense, i was really looking forward to this game but have reverted to playing horizon 2 and 3 because of it
maybe we should start phoning xbox/forza support and it might get fixed
#70 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:18:00 PM(UTC)

1. Shifting without the clutch is a thing but is a terrible idea, 2. I realize that this game falls well short of others when it comes to shifting and how the cars work, can't even stall out in gear. 3. I just don't want to hear grinding when I know my shifting is good and I don't want to hear grinding while letting the clutch out IN NEUTRAL. Seriously.

#71 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:48:05 PM(UTC)
You can even get the grinding noise to play without touching the clutch by cycling through the views. When you go from external to internal, the grind plays without you even touching the clutch or shifter!

PC & XB1
#72 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 3:44:53 PM(UTC)
You can even get the grinding noise to play without touching the clutch by cycling through the views. When you go from external to internal, the grind plays without you even touching the clutch or shifter!

Are you changing veiw on the wheel or with a keyboard?
 2 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 3:50:38 PM(UTC)
As always the devs won’t listen to us.

This bug has stopped me from playing the game on a wheel completely as it’s very annoying.

Turn 10/Playground Games need to get their act together on this bug and Car Sounds in general with Forza Horizon 4. They have delivered a sub par product. Not happy at all with the game due to this bug and the recycled fake car sounds.
#74 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 1:03:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post

Are you changing veiw on the wheel or with a keyboard?

To replicate:

Bring car to stop.

Gear in neutral.

Clutch in and out to trigger the grinding sound.

Then use controller or wheel or keyboard to cycle views from internal to external and back to internal

When coming back to internal grind will play.

You can cycle through the cameras constantly and hear the grind each time coming back to internal.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2018 1:03:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC & XB1
#75 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:31:09 AM(UTC)
just seen the patch notes for tomorrows update, nothing mentioned about clutch noises or deadzones 😒
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error