This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:43:45 PM(UTC)
Gonna try that slowshifting to ride it out till a fix is upthank yku for that tip!

It hurts at the heart as a car guy to hear so much grinding .
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:21:10 PM(UTC)
Car in neutral, car fully standing still, put foot on clutch and the gearbox grinds? Seriously? I have never seen this in any car game ever.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:03:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wolftattoo89 Go to Quoted Post
Hey ya'll. When playing the demo i noticed wirh my g920 that the gear crunch sound happens with litterally every shift. Now i booted up the main game and i am rather suprised to find the same bug present here aswell.

Did nobody at the development team tested the game with a wheel at some point?

Hope they fix this soon, it's a very annoying bug.

I feel like this game was not tested enough using Wheels.. fair few issues with wheels.. drifting for example is basically impossible without a tune and searching for wheel settings that work. Nobody should have to go searching online forums and youtube for settings just to drift in a game which has drifting as one of its major features.
User is suspended until 3/30/2046 12:28:53 PM(UTC)
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:54:31 AM(UTC)
Least they can do is let us know they are working on it...

That No !@#$ Given policy, right there.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:49:07 PM(UTC)
Same here. No amount of adjusting settings really helps. Can sit in neutral and grind non existent gears all day. When you play sim damage that's a big effect. Wasn't as bad in other games, but this is ridiculous. The grabbing point seems like it's 1-2 inches. But leaving from stand still the grabbing point seems different.
#31 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 12:22:43 AM(UTC)
Issue here with G27 pedals. At first i thought it was my Thurstmaster th8a Shifter. Hope this would be sorted out since i have yet to see any Mod address the issue.
#32 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 1:21:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FuZioN iZ 1cE Go to Quoted Post
Definitely an annoying bug. Fully lift off throttle, and clutch pressed all the way in and still every single gear I get an awful grinding sound. Even stationary same grinding gear sound. This is the only complaint I have towards the game. Seems like it would be a simple fix. Also seems to be just us g920 users. Please fix before release.

Is not just g920 users. I have a Thrustmaster tx with the t3pa pedals and I have the same problem. And I saw slaptrain, with the fanatec wheel, hearing the same grinding noise. The grinding noise is on every wheel/controller when you play with clutch.

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 1:24:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:11:29 AM(UTC)
I seriously can not believe there isn't any official word for this issue yet. It affects all people that are using clutch with their wheels. it's getting ridiculous now. Have they even took notice of it? I had the early access and as soon as I've noticed the bug I was certain it would be fixed in a day since it affects tons of people. Also why the heck all these youtubers playing the game aren't mentioning any of this? Really hard enjoying the game and I freaking love it damn it
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 11:26:22 AM(UTC)
Also experiencing this issue
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 11:28:16 AM(UTC)
Same here hoping for a quick fix, unable to use cockpit and dash cams
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:48:15 PM(UTC)
same issue first person manual / clutch sound when bug sound when changing gears with G920 + shifter
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:22:20 PM(UTC)
I have same issue when in cockpit and dashcam when shifting manual / clutch with G920 + shifter
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 2:00:03 AM(UTC)
Seriously hope this gets fixed soon. Theres nothing more frustrating then being limited to 3rd person view with a wheel.
#39 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:04:29 AM(UTC)
The worst thing is when your playing with damage on it damages the transmission 4.0% every grind so the gears mesh slower each time you do it. Every time I touch the keyboard or mouse it grinds the gears made even more aggravating by the fact that i can't seem to remap the g29 buttons for telemetry or views. It's a very bad try at evening the stick to auto or manual shift times I think. The grind seems to be worse on older cars (C3 Vette) and much less on the new cars (Sentra Nismo). Either way bug or feature this needs to go, please remove the glass gears and give me a metal gear box.

I drive a Mazda 3 with a 5 speed. If my real car acted like this I would take it in for service or trade it in.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 7:16:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#40 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:00:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
if you played FM7 you encountered the same gear grind.
FM6 you could change gears without lifting the throttle.
With FM7 you have to lift like in real life!!

Why would you have to lift if the engine and transmission are not connected when you press the clutch and it disengages?
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:31:26 AM(UTC)
I’ve been watching the telemetry when using my G920 and have noticed my clutch goes to 97.8% rather than 100%. Unfortunately in Forza games the gear grind occurs on any gear change where clutch isn’t disengaged 100%.. with a controller this is fine as your clutch “button’ is either 0% or 100%. With the pedal you have 0% - 100% of play in the clutch for smooth ‘sensible’ launching. The in-game wheel settings have a dead zone inside and outside. These are set to 0 and 90 respectively. Dead zone inside is how much the pedal needs to be pushed before responding to input. Dead zone outside is how much from the end of the pedal where input stops responding and reaches 100%. Now when I press my pedal down all the way I reach about 97.8%, if I thin push the pedal what seems like less then a millimetre more it reaches 100% which is too difficult to achieve when driving normally. Forza Motorsport also has the dead zone outside set to 90 so that the pedal doesn’t need to be pressed all the way for 100% clutch disengagement and it works, no grind.

Long story short: I conclude that the dead zone settings for the clutch pedal are malfunctioning as adjusting them from default and even the default settings are still treating the dead zones as 0 and 100 rather than what should be 0 and 90. Adjusting settings has no affect on clutch deadzones neither does ‘reset to default’
#42 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:42:38 AM(UTC)
Do you guys think they know about this? I mean it's a huge bug...
#43 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:00:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Goose276 Go to Quoted Post
I’ve been watching the telemetry when using my G920 and have noticed my clutch goes to 97.8% rather than 100%. Unfortunately in Forza games the gear grind occurs on any gear change where clutch isn’t disengaged 100%.. with a controller this is fine as your clutch “button’ is either 0% or 100%. With the pedal you have 0% - 100% of play in the clutch for smooth ‘sensible’ launching. The in-game wheel settings have a dead zone inside and outside. These are set to 0 and 90 respectively. Dead zone inside is how much the pedal needs to be pushed before responding to input. Dead zone outside is how much from the end of the pedal where input stops responding and reaches 100%. Now when I press my pedal down all the way I reach about 97.8%, if I thin push the pedal what seems like less then a millimetre more it reaches 100% which is too difficult to achieve when driving normally. Forza Motorsport also has the dead zone outside set to 90 so that the pedal doesn’t need to be pressed all the way for 100% clutch disengagement and it works, no grind.

Long story short: I conclude that the dead zone settings for the clutch pedal are malfunctioning as adjusting them from default and even the default settings are still treating the dead zones as 0 and 100 rather than what should be 0 and 90. Adjusting settings has no affect on clutch deadzones neither does ‘reset to default’

Yeah I noticed this, Deadzones on clutch make 0 difference no matter what value you put on it.
#44 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:09:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
if you played FM7 you encountered the same gear grind.
FM6 you could change gears without lifting the throttle.
With FM7 you have to lift like in real life!!

You do not have to lift in FM7.

Back on topic the only oddity I noticed was with the first engine swap for 92 nsx. With manual with clutch or even with manual the car sounded like it was shifting similar to an auto with garbage shift times. I lost time on every upshift. That's the only car I've noticed that. Adjusting gears, and even throwing in clutch and flywheel upgrades had no impact.
#45 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:12:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Goose276 Go to Quoted Post

The G29 hits 100% at the very bottom of the axes but your are correct that the dead zone settings have no affect at all. I feel for you g920 guys, using this system is hard enough without the clutch axes messing up. This entire system needs to be reworked its awful even with the axes working semi right.
#46 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:43:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Staquixz Go to Quoted Post
The worst thing is when your playing with damage on it damages the transmission 4.0%

As a matter of interest how do you know the transmission is damaged 4% each team?
#47 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:49:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Staquixz Go to Quoted Post
The worst thing is when your playing with damage on it damages the transmission 4.0%

As a matter of interest how did you find out out was 4% each time?
#48 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:46:06 PM(UTC)
Please fix this. It's super annoying. G920 user here too.
#49 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:02:04 PM(UTC)
The tolerance for what is a good shift is too small. Needs to be more like the older Forzas.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 12:20:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
The tolerance for what is a good shift is too small. Needs to be more like the older Forzas.

I found that tolerance to be absolutely zero. No matter how slow i go through the gears. Even when pushing the clutch pedal through the **** floor. Going from a gear to neutral *always* gives me a grinding sound.

Been sticking to flappy paddle gearbox cars and manual without clutch to work around this for now.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error