This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:47:20 PM(UTC)
I have noticed an odd noise when shifting gears in manual and clutch mode in interior views. I’m finding this very annoying and wondering if there is a setting to turn it off. Hopefully this isn’t in the final game as it’s ruining the experience for me!!

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 9:49:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:44:24 AM(UTC)
are you lifting off the throttle? or holding it full?
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:10:45 AM(UTC)
Lifting all the way off.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:19:23 AM(UTC)
You're probably grinding the gears. Pay attention to your clutch and throttle control. If you're getting on the gas before the clutch has fully disengaged or you're shifting before the clutch has fully engaged, you will hear a grinding sound.

When I first used manual with clutch I did this all the time (I still occasionally do, especially when I need to shift unexpectedly).
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:40:58 AM(UTC)
Yep concur, your shifting without the clutch fully engaged, you can play with you clutch dead zones in the controller advanced setting to suit your shifting style, may help
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:46:34 AM(UTC)
Same problems here
Xbox1
Logitech G920+shifter

I have figured out what the problem is.

When I press down the clutch it wont engage for the full 100%

I have been messing around with the deadzones and even with the " Clutch outside deadzone " dialed back to 20 i can only achieve 93.7% clutch input at best and because of this issue i/wheeldrivers get this geargrinding sfx.
For the more realistic gamers is this even more of a problem, because when mechanical damage is turned on, we end up damaging our gearbox everytime gears are being changed.

I do not play with a controller so I do not know how it working out for the pad-drivers.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:11:10 AM(UTC)
Same problem Here....

Never had this problem on any other game ( played since FM2 ), and Yes I know How to drive stick.
I checked in game on the telemetry, if it was te clutch that takes some time to engage.
Just a little bit but that’s not it.
So ‘Turn 10’ plsss fix the clutch problem or just turn of the grinding sound.

Kind Regards
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:34:12 AM(UTC)
if you played FM7 you encountered the same gear grind.
FM6 you could change gears without lifting the throttle.
With FM7 you have to lift like in real life!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:00:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
if you played FM7 you encountered the same gear grind.
FM6 you could change gears without lifting the throttle.
With FM7 you have to lift like in real life!!

Yes I know.
But I than think it’s just a thing to get used to.
Thank’s!
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:42:25 PM(UTC)
It makes that sound even when the car is stopped and in neutral when pressing the clutch down
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:30:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JuJuYuJu Go to Quoted Post
It makes that sound even when the car is stopped and in neutral when pressing the clutch down

Heard the same
#12 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 3:51:20 AM(UTC)
Yeah after playing the demo, it is the gear grinding sound, but it does it no matter what you do. Also doesn't help that I don't think any of the deadzone settings are working for my wheel. Brakes are super weak (I can only get about 75% brakes with the pedal all the way down, even with minimum inside and outside settings) and clutch is at 98.4% when fully pressed.
#13 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 3:52:26 AM(UTC)
For me in every forza game that I have played with clutch/h pattern (basically every game since FM3) the grind noise comes from when going from in gear to neutral. Because the motion of changing gears is so fast most people will pull the stick out of gear before the clutch is fully pressed. IRL that's not an issue, in the game however N is considered to be a gear, so in Forza's trans model if the clutch is not fully disengaged it will grind.

Gringing in N does not damage the gearbox or slow down the shift time, all it does is give you an annoying CRRRRCKKK.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 6:19:17 AM(UTC)
Guys there is definitely a bug, when you press the clutch button on the wheel and shift gears it makes no grinding sounds, however if you use the pedal it does, even if the actual clutch works. Try testing it when stationary, clutch pedal works but makes the grinding sound - button works as well without the sound.
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:18:56 PM(UTC)
Definitely an annoying bug. Fully lift off throttle, and clutch pressed all the way in and still every single gear I get an awful grinding sound. Even stationary same grinding gear sound. This is the only complaint I have towards the game. Seems like it would be a simple fix. Also seems to be just us g920 users. Please fix before release.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:17:56 AM(UTC)
g920 XBox user here....getting this same issue.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:43:25 PM(UTC)
Same. G920 on PC. The car can be fully stopped. Clutch pedal all the way to the floor and still grinding while going through every gear. It's not ignoring the pedal though. You can slightly press on it while cruising without letting the gas off and the revs will go up. I've played FM6, FM7 and FH3 with clutch and never grind gears. Rev-match, heel-toe, perfect shifts, no grind. Tried copying the settings from other games and it is still not working.

Please fix before release! I don't feel like waiting month after month for a fix like with FM7/FH3. I am waiting acknowledgement from PG so I can place my $100 order.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:32:15 AM(UTC)
I think everyone is taking the sound as the grinding gears.. yes I hear but I've adapted to shifting making sure my clutch has been fully compressed before making any gear sound and this usually is the Key... I think it's a little penalty for not shifting in real time reality the best they can.. that's cool.... the weird "DOOF" that happens when you shift IN COCKPIT OR DRIVER VIEW is killing it for me... the sound works when your shifting track spec but just for day to day relaxing driving it's a total killer sound effects wise!!!! I've turned SFX setting to min (this helped decrease but can't set to 0) so it still could be heard... I'm sure I'm not the only maticulus person who is agitated by this sound... playground games and turn 10 please patch this... it is unneeded SFX that will not be missed... A MUST FOR ME
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:42:06 AM(UTC)
I can be in neutral, not moving and when I step on the clutch and then release it makes a grinding noise every time.

Happened in demo and is happening in the full game.

Edited by user Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:42:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 11:34:13 AM(UTC)
I’m having the same clutch issue with the Logitech G920 on XBOX ONE X. Despite changing the deadzones, I can’t get the clutch to fully engage without using a considerable amount of force.

I hope this bug gets resolved quickly.
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 8:29:17 PM(UTC)
Using a Logitech G27 here on PC. Having the same issue with the clutch often not engaging well and getting the grinding sound.
#22 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 4:19:22 AM(UTC)
Also happens with the Thrustmaster TH8A Pro peddles. As with the others, only happens in cockpit mode and you don't have to be driving. In neutral, or any other gear while stopped, press the clutch all the way in let it out, it grinds.

Based on all the wheel problems I, and other people have had, they really messed up the driving experience in this version if you use a steering wheel/peddles to drive.

How does a game from a company with this many outstanding versions, be released so utterly broken? Was all the time and money spent on the 4K experience which will benefit the 1% of gamers who can afford the equipment? Was there ANY quality control done using real life equipment?

The real kicker is that we get to pay more now for an inferior product. The makers of Forza need to realize that you can't release **** , charge a fortune for it, and expect people to keep coming back for more.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 8:09:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:26:50 PM(UTC)
Hey ya'll. When playing the demo i noticed wirh my g920 that the gear crunch sound happens with litterally every shift. Now i booted up the main game and i am rather suprised to find the same bug present here aswell.

Did nobody at the development team tested the game with a wheel at some point?

Hope they fix this soon, it's a very annoying bug.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:38:19 PM(UTC)
Happens to me too, if you shift super slow and make sure the clutch is all the way down it won't grind, also if the shifter is in neutral and you press the clutch in and release while in neutral it grinds. They really need to fix that, breaks the immersion for me a bit because out of muscle memory i put it in neutral when i come to a stop, and the grind makes me cringe when it really shouldn't be happening.
#25 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:40:02 PM(UTC)
I don't think it's a bug. Just a strange implementation. If you shift slower the grind is gone. I thought that once I got better cars the game would let me shift faster but I haven't seen that yet. I have to slow shift everything. Even cars that use paddles to shift. The game wants you to use the clutch for that too. I just turned off the clutch. It's not ideal but the grind on the h-pattern and the odd way the paddles work were more annoying than losing 5%.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error