This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<456Prev
#126 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:16:29 AM(UTC)
Guys, please submit a ticket on https://support.forzamot...t/hc/en-us/requests/new
For them, the problem does not exist. Untill they receive a lot of official complaints, they will not fix anything.
#127 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2019 5:12:27 AM(UTC)
I just saw this thread and have only read the last 2 pages, so what is the issue? My previous PC had an Xfi Platinum in it and a month or so ago I replaced it with a newer Z model due to new m/b not having a PCI slot. I play the game using a 5.1 speaker setup or on headphones when the wife is home. I have never noticed any audio issues on my end. And being kind of an audiophile and used to doing sound engineering, I would have noticed.
#128 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 11:00:53 AM(UTC)
I just started playing the game, and got the crackling sound issues when I got into the winter season for the first time, and it annoys the bleep out of me.

I don't have the specified audio device for this thread, but I updated the drivers before I even started playing the game. There seems to be a lot of posts on this crackling issue. Is there any solution that actually works for everyone yet? I only use a simple 2-speaker set-up.

EDIT: Turns out what what is mentioned in post #3 helped:

- Right click the speaker in the tray and go to your audio devices.
- Right click your speakers and choose Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Set it to 16-bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
- Hit OK all the way out.

I find it strange though that something that's been around since the beginning hasn't been fixed. Or maybe not that many have been affected?

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2019 2:56:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: It appears that changing from 44100 to 48000 works. At least short-term. Let's hope for long-ter

Follow me on Facebook & on Twitter! :)
#129 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 12:32:35 AM(UTC)
nothing helps. only the use of onboard sound with headphones from my mobile..cuz i dont wanna get under my table and change wires all time. onboard sound is not that bad but it could be much better with my soundcard and big headphones
#130 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 3:15:01 PM(UTC)
Wondering has anyone tried the Mar. 21 2019 release from Creative yet?

Normally I wouldn't have even bothered to look, but I remembered they have a fix for EAX effects for "older" titles on Windows (7? 8?) and higher systems and went looking for that as kind of a Haili Mary, because I don't have 7.1 or 5.1 speaker setup currently and knew I'd have muted engine sound and possibly missing lots of other sound as well if I used these suggested fixes with my 2.0 setup (maybe even headphones).

I'm hoping to try this out tonight after setting a restore point. Here's where I'm getting the download for X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional series:
https://support.creative...791,VARSET=CategoryID:1

When I do I'll return and post results. These workarounds are not a fix, in my book, and with no other new titles I've tried having issues like this, I'm amazed Forza Motorsport hasn't addressed this in game.

#131 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 5:39:13 PM(UTC)
March 21, 2019 driver update install from Creative does not fix.
#132 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:57:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Slash333333 Go to Quoted Post

*UPDATE*

- STATIC FIXED -

After some more fiddling, I found a setting which seems to have worked to fix my audio static issue.

---> SELECT 24BIT/96KHZ AND 7.1 OUTPUT IN THE WINDOWS SPEAKER CONFIGURATION <---
(32Bit/96kHz in 7.1 configuration also worked for me)

As to why this fixes the issue, I'm not sure. My guess is that the game is attempting to output audio to the "highest" available mix setting, which in the case of my system is a 7.1 configuration. As I am only using a 5.1 configuration, it might be attempting to downmix 7.1 to 5.1 and failing at it miserably. It may also be attempting to output audio designed for an Xbox One, and outputting at 24/96 and leaving any mix downsampling to vendor drivers, such as Creative's wonderful X-Fi software.

Let me know if this fix works for anyone else.

---> One important detail. You must change the output format FIRST, and then set the speaker configuration SECOND. When you change the bitrate/frequency, the speaker configuration will automatically change back to 5.1 and you'll have to reselect 7.1. At least it did on mine. Once set, it will stay.

I don't know if this has any detrimental effect during gameplay, eg sounds not playing positionally due to lack of physical side speakers.

Screenshot showing settings: https://imgur.com/a/6pmEaTE

Yuhuuu!!! After long search and trying i found your solution which works for me too! Thank you very much! Sorry Mircrosoft, but soundissues in the year 2019? Seriously?

#133 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:31:06 PM(UTC)
Such a shame.... this thread is rather old and a workaround is posted here. When there is a workaround there should be a possibility for the game to be patched by the developer.
Most developer would do this. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. Is this because its main target is the XBOX ?
I bet all of my money, if the error would be on Xbox it would have been fixed by a day one patch or rather wouldn't have been released like that in the first place.

Just look at the known issues on PC:

https://support.forzamot...991068-FH4-Known-Issues

I am here, becaus I have AGAIN an error with a Microsoft game and my beloved X-Fi Titanium: Gears 5.
Gears 5 won't start, if you don't switch to 24bit/96KHz.... sounds familiar ;)
Microsoft is next to EA the worst gaming company when it comes to PC. They were great once ( Age of Empires, the first Fable), but now ?
And this is, in spite they want to start through on PC platform (budget Xbox Gaming Pass for PC for 1$).
Lets see if they fix this Gears 5 error though...

Edited by user Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:41:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#134 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:11:03 AM(UTC)
Hello,

In order to effectively track and process support issues, we will be locking and directing all Support posts to the Support Site.

For Community Support, please visit https://support.forzamotorsport.net
Our current hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 6:00am-3:00pm PST / 9am-6pm EST
Posting in the Forums is not submitting a ticket.

You can find more information here: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst132742_Read-First--How-to-contact-support---Updated-July-26th--2019.aspx

Thank you!

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
6 Pages<<456Prev

Notification

Icon
Error