This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 2:28:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Skylin3r Go to Quoted Post
Since i rather not change any of my settings just for this game i tried using VoiceMeter Banana(it's free donationware) Ialready use it for other things.
Game needs to be running for it to show up in the next part.
Basically I just set FH4's output to banana's Aux Output in Settings > System > Sounds > App volume and device preferences(on the bottom), and in Banana set the Aux to route the audio back to the creative SB X-fi (A1 under AUX in on, and A1 device is set to MME X-Fi Speakers)

OMG, that program is cryptic and doesn't even have an uninstall option, now I gotta do a system restore..
#77 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:24:05 AM(UTC)
I have same problem on my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium SB0880.

#78 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:59:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KiNG KiRiASU Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaveBForza Go to Quoted Post
The solutions aren't working for me
Same for me. I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium and tried all settings from 16 Bit 44 KHz, to 24 Bit 48 KHz upt to 32 Bit 192 KHz. Please help!

same here for me. First it was no sound so had to untick disable enhancements. which worked because i have sound but now it sounds like a horror movie. I have tried the above settings, also restarting pc after each attempt but to no avail. I only bought this yesterday and now i can't play it ( well at least not to its full extent )
#79 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:52:29 PM(UTC)
No audio in game with Arctis 7 headset (USB dongle). Works fine with Ausu Xonar USB sound card
#80 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 3:56:28 AM(UTC)
Xbox user here. Recently got a wired Turtle Beach X50 headset in which I've noticed a lot of crackling and static in. Any other xbox users experiencing this?
#81 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 4:12:12 AM(UTC)
I had the same issue in the last days with my X-Fi Titanium PCIe.

Setting the Speaker Configuration to 7.1 in the Audio Control Panel from Creative and setting the audio output to 96kHz/24bit worked for me.

Weirdly I just started the game to test my controller, not bothering to change from Headphones to 7.1 at all, the crackle was gone. 96kHz/24 still in use, but not the 7.1.
#82 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 8:40:29 AM(UTC)
I also have the problem, with a Asus ROG Xonar PHOEBUS sound card.

Dev, please fix it !
#83 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:03:03 AM(UTC)
The game must be crashed after 3-5 seconds once the spatial sound work.
But I can play without crash anymore once I disable the spatial sound.

But the Important thing is no any sound when I play the game at all.

Please fix this issue that I can experience this game as totally.
#84 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 6:35:09 AM(UTC)
The bug reappeared even with the initial change of sound quality. No idea what could work now
#85 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:17:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Karl26 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
When setting your audio to 24bit 44100Hz, players may experience a static or crackle sound. This does not happen on any other setting.

Come on Playground...

I repeat myself:
Please correct this on the known issue. It actually happen in all configuration, not only 24 bit 44100Hz.

And fix this bug !

it's been 2 weeks since the demo came out ... Will I have to complain to microsoft that I can not play a game included in the xbox game pass and have to request the refund of my xbox game pass ?

Ok, my bad.

I tried in 24 bit 96khz and it works. I was nevertheless convinced to have tried all the possibilities, but in fact, I had tried them by activating the windows sonic 7.1 at the same time, except that activated windows sonic puts the parameters in 16 bit 44,1kzh. That's why it did not work. Result it works just by setting in 96khz 24 bit.

On the other hand it does not work in 24 bit 48khz. I did not really retest any other parameter without windows sonic.

So it works like that without any 7.1 things at all...

Edited by user Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:18:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:30:38 PM(UTC)
Besides the obvious, I think another major issue that users who use 2.1 speaker configurations (using 7.1 fix) suffer from is missing audio and effects of things going on in the world. Simple things like the vehicle horn cannot be heard when facing forward and using one of the chase cameras. Panning the camera around to the front of the vehicle and the horn is heard as normal. I'm sure there are a lot of other effects that I'm missing out on by forcing a 7.1 speaker configuration that plays through only 2 speakers.

I really hope the devs can find a fix for this soon.
#87 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 2:22:00 PM(UTC)
sounds seem to be doing that on the xbox aswell how ever if you use Skype on the xbox one the sounds starts to crackle and sound like there is static. if you dont use Skype or anything VOIP the sounds is fine.
#88 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:39:58 PM(UTC)
I have the Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless headphones. The audio outputs are split into game and chat.
The game output is any normal desktop audio and chat is if I am talking to people, like through discord.
The game output doesn't have a enhancements tab but the chat output does but it's for stuff like big room voice correction/echo cancellation.
I only get audio from the game in the starting sequence where it says "Playground Games" and any cutscene. But when it transitions into gameplay the audio cuts out entirely.
I have made sure all my drivers are updated and turned off "Windows Sonic".
I also turned off 7.1 surround sound through the steelseries driver.
I am not sure what to do at this point.
Any suggestions?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:58:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#89 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 11:27:17 PM(UTC)
Sometimes my cars sound goes away when coming out of the pause menu and is fixed. Other times there is no in game world sound, but the chat sounds still work, only seems to get fixed if I enter a race.

XB1S

"Integrity, is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." -Anonymous and/or Paraphrase -Charles Marshall.
 2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:42:44 PM(UTC)
I think I'm just about done with this game.. and I've barely got started.

Such a huge disappointment to have had this game for almost 2 weeks now and STILL be plagued by these sound issues.

I do not have a Creative soundcard. I use onboard RealtekHD.

If I use the latest available driver from Realtek, sound works perfectly on my pc (windows 10 home), except for in Forza Horizon 4 (Full game).

I have tried every single quality output setting available and the end result is the same. Sound works for the intro / turn 10 animation but as soon as the McLaren appears and the menu, silence.. no sound in game at all.

If I change the driver to the Windows own driver, then I get mixed results....

16 bit, 48000 Hz I get "ok" sound through speakers but if I use headphones instead (turtle beach X11) then I get static/distortion through those.
16 bit, 96000 Hz I get "ok" sound through headphones but if I use speaker/stereo then I get static/distortion.

Fed up of it, where do I get a refund? Seems like a waste of £80 to pre-order the ultimate pack.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:57:59 PM(UTC)
Thought I would add....

If I plug my speakers/stereo into the headphone socket on the PC, then select Headphones from Windows Audio manager, sound works without issue.

If I plug my speakers/stereo into the headphone socket on my Xbox 1 controller, then select 'Headphones (Xbox One Controller' from Windows Audio manager, sound works without issue.

If I plug my headphones into headphone socket on PC or Controller, select 'Headphones (High Definition Audio Device)' from Windows Audio manager, sound works on headphones without issue.

If I plug Speakers/Stereo into Audio Out on PC, select 'Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)' from Windows Audio manager, I either get no sound after intro or distorted sound.

So, why does game audio work correctly so long as it thinks the output is to headphones?! Very confusing.
 1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:00:03 PM(UTC)
I have a Corsair void pro 7.1 and i can't change to 16 bits, 48000 MHZ and the spatial sound to 7.1, how to fix ?
#93 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:45:06 AM(UTC)
I see known issues has been updated.. and what has been published is not what has been reported here. *Sigh*

WINDOWS 10 - Realtek HD audio manager cuts sound to the game if earphones are plugged in during gameplay.
Loss of audio and instability if removing headphones during boot flow.
PC - Audio - Audio corruption when default playback is set to 24bit 44100Hz (does not happen on any other available setting)
If player has “Disable all sound effects” (or similar) ticked in Sound Options > Speaker Properties > Spatial, or has Spatial Sound Format set to None, game might be silent or crash.

1. I have a RealtekHD Onboard Audio and the Realtek HD Audio manager.. and Windows 10. This bug does not happen for me (cut sound if earphones plugged in during gameplay)

2. Again, it makes no difference for me if I plug/unplug headphones during boot flow.

3. Corruption when default playback is set to 24bit 44100Hz (does not happen on any other available setting)
- LOL! The **ONLY** quality setting that works for me is 16 bit 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) so again, this is completely wrong.

4. If player has “Disable all sound effects” (or similar) ticked in Sound Options > Speaker Properties > Spatial, or has Spatial Sound Format set to None, game might be silent or crash.
- LOL! Again, exact opposite for me... If i do NOT disable all sound effects and if I DO have Spatial Sound Format selected, the game will crash to desktop after into video. Again, opposite of this.

Absolutely astounded by how this issue can be ongoing for 2 weeks and this is the type of "recognition" that it gets.
#94 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:57:49 PM(UTC)
Glad i decided to try the demo before buying.. way too many issues for me atm. Will try again in a couple months. No sound, gas pedal doesnt work, steering wonky and too sensitive. The game has a profile specifically for my wheel/pedal setup and it doesn't even work correctly
#95 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:34:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FTProtocalx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Slash333333 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Spikeypup Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: shivanandrs Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Slash333333 Go to Quoted Post

*UPDATE*

- STATIC FIXED -

After some more fiddling, I found a setting which seems to have worked to fix my audio static issue.

---> SELECT 24BIT/96KHZ AND 7.1 OUTPUT IN THE WINDOWS SPEAKER CONFIGURATION <---
(32Bit/96kHz in 7.1 configuration also worked for me)

I can confirm that these settings worked for me as well.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

These settings also worked for me, to mitigate lowered volumes when mixing up to 7.1 from 5.1, I told it to configure as 7.1 then unchecked the side speakers so the volume mix is appropriate and you don't end up "missing sound" because of the lack of these channels. Instead windows will mix in to the rears and fronts for these missing speakers, while still providing the 7.1 "Mix Fix" until Forza 4 is patched/fixed. Good luck! (I'm at 24bit 96Khz)

Spikeypup

Perfect! (Well, as perfect as a quirky roundabout fix can be...)

Yup, confirmed - I have an X-Fi Titanium and changing my speaker config in the Creative Audio Control Panel from 2/2.1 to 7.1 resolved the issue, thanks for the tip and work around!

That said, upon entering Winter, once the truck lands on the ice, the music crackles and it's just awful to listen to (but this is a separate 'crackling' issue, almost like there's too much bass or something, like when you blow a speaker or a sub kinda thing).

I was curious if it was just me, but even the IGN demo from June has this issue: https://youtu.be/dGl00hItvbw

Grrrr ... MOST frustrating, getting right into the game/music and then it's like ... ew.

Ensure your settings are for 24-bit 96Khz if you are experiencing slight distortion or crackling, as well as the 7.1 configuration.
#96 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 11:21:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raisingx Go to Quoted Post
Since i rather not change any of my settings just for this game i tried using VoiceMeter Banana(it's free donationware) Ialready use it for other things.
Basically I just set FH4's output to banana's Aux Output in Settings > System > Sounds > App volume and device preferences(on the bottom), and in Banana set the Aux to route the audio back to the creative SB X-fi (A1 under AUX in on, and A1 device is set to MME X-Fi Speakers)

OMG, that program is cryptic and doesn't even have an uninstall option, now I gotta do a system restore..

I used this program as directed by the poster and my audio is completely fixed.

So no i can play my game and hear the music without cringing at every note.
Thanks you Skylin3r971873
#97 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:43:58 PM(UTC)
I played the demo and noticed some static noises and thought this would get fixed in the full game, but it did not.

I just bought the full game on PC yesterday and as soon as I get into the car, the game gives a constant, unbearable static noise.

This static noise just wont leave unless I exit the game. The noise wont go away no matter what volume I am at.

I have tried the 24bit/9600 khz & 7.1 speakers method, but windows doesn't seem to let me do the settings this way.

Whenever I change to 7.1, it reverted back to 16 bit. I can't select 24bit/9600 khz & 7.1 at the same time.

This noise is so unbearable that I have to turn off my speakers when I play the game.
#98 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 5:03:34 PM(UTC)

THIS FIXED EVERYTHING. Music is back, game audio is working. Thank you for this fix. I'm so friggin' stoked right now to be able to finally play the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 7:07:16 PM(UTC)
Having the same problem. On a Creative Soudblaster X-Fi. Suggested workarounds not working.

Work arounds are not a solution!

Pretty disgraceful to see a problem this abrasive be not fixed after over a month (launch month no less).
A high tier and experienced dev team like yourselves should be able to get things working.

Even a "Hey we are actively working on this!" would be appreciated. I supposed that's what sticking the post and marking [investigating] is... Regardless, would be nice to hear something more solid.
#100 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 5:46:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Troyathy Go to Quoted Post
Having the same problem. On a Creative Soudblaster X-Fi. Suggested workarounds not working.

Work arounds are not a solution!

Pretty disgraceful to see a problem this abrasive be not fixed after over a month (launch month no less).
A high tier and experienced dev team like yourselves should be able to get things working.

Even a "Hey we are actively working on this!" would be appreciated. I supposed that's what sticking the post and marking [investigating] is... Regardless, would be nice to hear something more solid.

I agree that a workaround is not a solution. Been having issues with my realtek audio which I used the workaround up until 20 minutes ago, but I used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove my audio drivers and restarted Windows. Finally works! Hope there are some updates for those of you with Soundblaster.

Would also definitely appreciate a little more transparency around these issues, though at least being labled INVESTIGATING means it is on their list of things to figure out.
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error