This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:18:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: shivanandrs Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Slash333333 Go to Quoted Post

*UPDATE*

- STATIC FIXED -

After some more fiddling, I found a setting which seems to have worked to fix my audio static issue.

---> SELECT 24BIT/96KHZ AND 7.1 OUTPUT IN THE WINDOWS SPEAKER CONFIGURATION <---
(32Bit/96kHz in 7.1 configuration also worked for me)

I can confirm that these settings worked for me as well.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

These settings also worked for me, to mitigate lowered volumes when mixing up to 7.1 from 5.1, I told it to configure as 7.1 then unchecked the side speakers so the volume mix is appropriate and you don't end up "missing sound" because of the lack of these channels. Instead windows will mix in to the rears and fronts for these missing speakers, while still providing the 7.1 "Mix Fix" until Forza 4 is patched/fixed. Good luck! (I'm at 24bit 96Khz)

Spikeypup
#52 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:15:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spikeypup Go to Quoted Post

*UPDATE*

- STATIC FIXED -

After some more fiddling, I found a setting which seems to have worked to fix my audio static issue.

---> SELECT 24BIT/96KHZ AND 7.1 OUTPUT IN THE WINDOWS SPEAKER CONFIGURATION <---

These settings also worked for me, to mitigate lowered volumes when mixing up to 7.1 from 5.1, I told it to configure as 7.1 then unchecked the side speakers so the volume mix is appropriate and you don't end up "missing sound" because of the lack of these channels. Instead windows will mix in to the rears and fronts for these missing speakers, while still providing the 7.1 "Mix Fix" until Forza 4 is patched/fixed. Good luck! (I'm at 24bit 96Khz)

Spikeypup

Perfect! (Well, as perfect as a quirky roundabout fix can be...)
#53 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:19:59 PM(UTC)
My issue is different but the same, I am getting NO SOUND from gameplay with the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 surround sound gunmetal edition, my work around so far is to divert the sound to my tv via Nvidia hd sound.
 2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 7:43:58 AM(UTC)
Hello guys, my audio problem is "stuttering" in the game´s sound wherever driving, menu, etc are sounds cut of milisecond... How get solve??

My PC: i7 4790k 4 GHz + Sapphire R9 290 957 MHz + Enermax Gold 730W + 8Gb RAM G.Skill 2133MHz CL9 DDR3 + AsRock Extreme 3

Maybe short RAM?? or what?

Thanks for help!
#55 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 2:04:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kenuty Go to Quoted Post
My issue is different but the same, I am getting NO SOUND from gameplay with the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 surround sound gunmetal edition, my work around so far is to divert the sound to my tv via Nvidia hd sound.

The fix is making sure enhancements box has a check in it as enabled

Right click on sound in task bar then go to properties then check 4th middle named menu and make sure enhancements is not disabled.
#56 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 3:41:21 PM(UTC)

*UPDATE*

- STATIC FIXED -

Spikeypup

Perfect! (Well, as perfect as a quirky roundabout fix can be...)

Yup, confirmed - I have an X-Fi Titanium and changing my speaker config in the Creative Audio Control Panel from 2/2.1 to 7.1 resolved the issue, thanks for the tip and work around!

That said, upon entering Winter, once the truck lands on the ice, the music crackles and it's just awful to listen to (but this is a separate 'crackling' issue, almost like there's too much bass or something, like when you blow a speaker or a sub kinda thing).

I was curious if it was just me, but even the IGN demo from June has this issue: https://youtu.be/dGl00hItvbw

Grrrr ... MOST frustrating, getting right into the game/music and then it's like ... ew.
#57 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 12:22:44 AM(UTC)
Just tested on full version. Problem with crackling noise still there with my SB X-fi.
After some attempts fix with 7.1 worked (it only worked if I first set output format 32bit/96KHz and then 7.1 configuration).
By the way optical output does not have 7.1 and can't be fixed.
Game version is 1.187.929.2.
#58 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 2:35:04 AM(UTC)
I have the same issue on a X-fi Titanium Fatality Pro, and the fix above works for me. Can I make a suggestion that everyone experiencing this reports it at https://support.forzamot...t/hc/en-us/requests/new

The more tickets they receive about this issue, the more likely they'll be to fix it.
#59 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:48:02 AM(UTC)
Same Problem here with an X-fi Titanium..
#60 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:54:16 AM(UTC)
btw... i solved the audio problem for the demo... but the full version has them again. So hoping for a patch very soon...
#61 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 8:33:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
When setting your audio to 24bit 44100Hz, players may experience a static or crackle sound. This does not happen on any other setting.

Please correct this on the known issue. It actually happen in all configuration, not only 24 bit 44100Hz.

Thanks
#62 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:30:27 PM(UTC)
I've found a very weird sound glitch/bug. It seems to be like the longer you're driving the car, the louder it gets. This sound is EXTREMLY annoying and I seriously don't really know what it should represent.
Here's a link to my Video I've made.
https://youtu.be/1TDLnoD7QiI

So far I can tell the Porsche GT3 RS 19 has this too, but not that extreme.
#63 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 12:58:32 AM(UTC)

*UPDATE*

- STATIC FIXED -

Spikeypup

Well, I've noticed that sounds which come directly from the side are almost not there. A good place to test this is in front of the autoshow at the festival side. Place your car so that the stage is to your left (or right) and look straight ahead. Normaly you should hear the music coming from the side. But I almost hear nothing.

I told Windows to use 7.1 but without the side speakers. Still sounds differently than a regular 5.1 because of the missing side speakers. Not very happy with it.
#64 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 2:51:43 AM(UTC)

*UPDATE*

- STATIC FIXED -

This worked for me, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro (seriously Creative?)

#65 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 6:51:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra1Four7 Go to Quoted Post

*UPDATE*

- STATIC FIXED -

This worked for me, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro (seriously Creative?)

It worked for me, too. But the sound loses a bit of quality, because I use 2.0 boxes. I hope this problem is corrected as soon as possible.

#66 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 2:34:38 PM(UTC)
Amazing.. new patch and sound still not fixed. siiigh.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:51:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
When setting your audio to 24bit 44100Hz, players may experience a static or crackle sound. This does not happen on any other setting.

Come on Playground...

I repeat myself:
Please correct this on the known issue. It actually happen in all configuration, not only 24 bit 44100Hz.

And fix this bug !

it's been 2 weeks since the demo came out ... Will I have to complain to microsoft that I can not play a game included in the xbox game pass and have to request the refund of my xbox game pass ?
#68 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:09:15 AM(UTC)
I have an issue on xbox one... When I come back to the game after I turned off the Xbox without leaving the game, I have no sound anymore... I have to completely quit and restart the game.
Xbox One S

FM 3,5,7
FH 1,3
#69 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:24:42 AM(UTC)
XboxOne Issue

Engine Sound Issue on 2015 Audi RS6 Avant
#70 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:33:50 PM(UTC)
So I have the same distorting/crackling audio issue with my X-Fi Titanium. I tried all the fixes posted here and elsewhere and the crackling audio is currently the best case scenario for me. Most other options simply make sound disappear completely when the game loads into the main menu.

Not great to see nearly 3 week old technical issue without a good solution. Hopefully someone figures this out quickly because the game is unplayable like this.
#71 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:14:55 PM(UTC)
Just mentioned this in the main forum and predictably it was deleted.

Not really good enough for a main stream gaming card to have problems like this.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:19:47 AM(UTC)
With my Steelseries Arctis 5 7.1 headphone have the same problem trought USB.

In "game mode" no sounds, only on the loading screen logos, but the menu music is muted and no sounds in the whole game. With the headphone's "chat mode" the sounds are ok, but I cant use my headphone chatmix button to separate Teamspeak and game sounds to adjust volume levels with it. The 7.1 sorround in this mode disabled too.

In Windows audio settings on the Steelseries USB (Game mode) device, i have 24bit/48 kHz but don't have Enhancements tab to disable or enable its. Only in the Steelseries Engine application can I adjust the sound enhancements, so I tried here this settings enable and disable but nothing changes.

My Windows update is up, and my Steelseries Engine driver is the latest version 3.12.13
#73 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:20:01 AM(UTC)
Only unless I set my audio configuration to the above mentioned 24bit / 96KHz / 7.1 do I no longer get static.

However, that means I cannot use my headphones as they are on a different input, only stereo, and cannot be changed to 7.1 to remove the static.

This might be the buggiest release of a Forza title I've ever seen. Unreal.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:06:53 AM(UTC)
Game worked fine until I updated to RS5, then it started exhibiting that same issue. Sound works using my laptop's internal speakers, but nothing on my USB headset. Tried on my Logitech G933 and an old G930, neither get audio.
Tried 48 kHz sample rate on both, can't configure them to 7.1 because the Logitech driver is terrible and the default driver doesn't recognize the virtual surround option. Integrated spatial sound blows the game up.

!! EDIT: found a workaround (at least for my issue)
Enable Windows Sonic for Headphones, but don't enable Virtual 7.1 surround or the game will crash during the Playground Games logo.
You can do that in the properties for your audio device in the legacy sound control panel (where the audio enhancement tab is supposed to be), Spatial Audio tab, select Windows Sonic For Headphones in the drop down, then untick Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound. A reboot after that step may or may not be helpful.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:52:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: workaround found

#75 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:21:33 PM(UTC)
Since i rather not change any of my settings just for this game i tried using VoiceMeter Banana(it's free donationware) Ialready use it for other things.
Game needs to be running for it to show up in the next part.
Basically I just set FH4's output to banana's Aux Output in Settings > System > Sounds > App volume and device preferences(on the bottom), and in Banana set the Aux to route the audio back to the creative SB X-fi (A1 under AUX in on, and A1 device is set to MME X-Fi Speakers)
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error