This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages123>>Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:28:24 PM(UTC)
Exactly after the Turn 10 intro finishes, and menu music starts, the audio sounds a bit distorted and with some crackling.
Tried restarting the pc, through headset, through speakers, to turn off music, nothing works

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:51:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:45:22 PM(UTC)
exactly the same thing happens here, first I thought it was my speakers that was faulty, but it's only happening in the forza horizon 4 Demo.

Sounds like an old tv, with the crackling sound, hope this gets fixed, it's both in the menu and in the game while driving aswell.
 5 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 1:29:11 PM(UTC)
I've solved it here. Try what I did and see if it works for you:

Right click the speaker in the tray and go to your audio devices.
Right click your speakers and choose Properties.
Click the Advanced tab.
Set it to 16-bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
Hit OK all the way out.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:07:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 1:42:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: raptorscream Go to Quoted Post
Exactly after the Turn 10 intro finishes, and menu music starts, the audio sounds a bit distorted and with some crackling.
Tried restarting the pc, through headset, through speakers, to turn off music, nothing works

Exact same issue here as raptorscream related. My PC system details on the image.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:05:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: P Eastland Go to Quoted Post

Click the Advanced tab.
Hit OK all the way out.

Man, it worked!! Thanks a lot!

But sure Playground should fix this problem so users with other speakers properties don't find that problem. Anyway, thanks again!!
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:47:43 PM(UTC)

Click the Advanced tab.
Hit OK all the way out.

i found this out myself but wow so weird that that of all things was the cause of the problem, I had mine at 44100Hz, changed it to 48000Hz and it instantly sounded clear lol
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:54:08 PM(UTC)

Click the Advanced tab.
Hit OK all the way out.

Thanks for the solution
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:59:29 AM(UTC)
The solutions aren't working for me
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:12:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaveBForza Go to Quoted Post
Same for me. I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium and tried all settings from 16 Bit 44 KHz, to 24 Bit 48 KHz upt to 32 Bit 192 KHz. Please help!

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:20:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:17:53 AM(UTC)
I have creative too. tried everything
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:05:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KiNG KiRiASU Go to Quoted Post
Same for me. I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium and tried all settings from 16 Bit 44 KHz, to 24 Bit 48 KHz upt to 32 Bit 192 KHz. Please help!

Same here with a X-Fi Titanium. Workaround for me was to plug in in my headphones into my onboard sound.
I hope Playground can fix this.
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:51:13 AM(UTC)
When setting your audio to 24bit 44100Hz, players may experience a static or crackle sound. This does not happen on any other setting.

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:09:45 PM(UTC)
Not my video but this is the issue, thought it might help. Also mine is doing it on 48000Hz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x0zPOtMhY4
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:09:05 PM(UTC)
Onboard audio works fine, if I try playing with the audio from Sound blaster x-fi titanium no matter which audio quality I try it sounds distorted..
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:58:30 PM(UTC)
X-Fi Titanium here no sound at all seems to be something related to creative cards
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:17:48 PM(UTC)
Same issue here. Distorted sound on Soundblaster X-FI Titanium fatality pro no matter what settings I try.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:19:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
When setting your audio to 24bit 44100Hz, players may experience a static or crackle sound. This does not happen on any other setting.

Yes, it does, unfortunately! I have set mine on 16 Bit 48 KHz and the sound is still distorted. I tried all settings all the way up to 32 Bit 192 KHz. The issue still persists and it's the only game I have this kind of issue. I have a CreativeLabs X-Fi Titanium.

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:21:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 12:25:46 PM(UTC)
I have the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty and have the same problem.
#19 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 12:39:01 PM(UTC)
So it seems only people with a Creative X-Fi Titanium card are having this issue ?

Are you guys using the default windows drivers for it or the ones from Creative website like me ?

I even tried all audio modes (Entertainment mode, Audio Creation mode and Game mode) and the game still sounds distorted..
#20 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 12:51:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raisingx Go to Quoted Post
So it seems only people with a Creative X-Fi Titanium card are having this issue ?

Are you guys using the default windows drivers for it or the ones from Creative website like me ?

I even tried all audio modes (Entertainment mode, Audio Creation mode and Game mode) and the game still sounds distorted..

Here I am using the driver of Daniel K, because the original is horrible. But I'm sure the problem is in the game, because it only happens with the demo.
#21 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 1:58:41 PM(UTC)
It's a game problem since even the games intro company logos work fine
#22 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 2:38:50 PM(UTC)
Contributing to this for tracking purposes. I have an X-Fi Fatal1ty card. Same issue. Suggested bit-rate changes are not helping.

What I did notice which was interesting was that alt-tabbing off to a different "active window" will cause the engine, environs sounds to be clear without issue WITHOUT voice. But upon making FH4 an active window again and getting voice audio back, the crackling returns. Appears that there's crackling on some kind of "layer" in the sound properties.

Hopefully the Forza team gets back to us on this soon and patches the demo ASAP. This would be a terrible intro to PC players who haven't played FH3, which for me runs wonderfully. Not sure what happened between the two releases.
#23 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 7:32:21 PM(UTC)

Same card, same problem. Funny thing is, the card is more or less just a passthrough these days with filtering\processing over whatever windows sound driver passes on to it.
Fatality pcie version

Edited by user Friday, September 14, 2018 7:43:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 1:23:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SilverSurferNHS Go to Quoted Post

Same card, same problem. Funny thing is, the card is more or less just a passthrough these days with filtering\processing over whatever windows sound driver passes on to it.
Fatality pcie version

I'm on the same boat...

#25 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 2:09:05 AM(UTC)
My question is: Will this be resolved in the final release? I haven't pre-ordered yet, and I'm not going to do so if the problem is not fixed. Could a dev please make a reliable statement about this issue? Thank you!
6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error