This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<456Prev
#126 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 6:27:18 AM(UTC)
I can confirm this is happening again to me also, I originally fixed the issue by going back to an old Realtek driver then once a newer driver was released I tried it and that also worked. Last night I got the audio to work by downsampling from 48khz at 24bits to 48khz at 16bits however today that no longer works. I can get it to work by turning on Windows Spatial sound which is meant for headphones but that will default realtek to stereo and switching back to 5.1 disables Spatial sound lol. All other games are fine, it does not matter if you turn off enhancements like sonic studio, disable Nahimic service, it is the luck of the draw that you get sound by fiddling with any of these settings and does not necessary mean it works for others.
It is strange to me that every other game sound works fine but this does not with the exception of the intro logo music while u start up, it seems the devs who are aware of this issue for over 8 months have no idea how to fix it...

System: Asus Rog Hero xi / i9-9900k / 2080ti / 64g ddr4

Edited by user Saturday, March 16, 2019 6:32:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#127 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2019 2:33:57 PM(UTC)
Hey everyone.
I just bought the game today and had the same issues (on PC).

My solution ended up being simple.
Make sure your audio device (found at the bottom right of the PC screen) is the very same selected in the Xbox App under settings > Party > Speaker.
Hope this helps someone!
#128 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:28:55 PM(UTC)
I've been having this issue since I got the game in November last year. Haven't been able to fix it with settings nor updates or such.
My only temporary "fix" is that every time I wanna play FH4, I open the game as usual, and I have no sound, every single time, literally. So I then proceed to restart my PC. Now I launch the game again and in game sound works properly now. So I have to restart my PC every time I want to play FH4. And sometimes the restart doesn't fix the issue...
I can't believe this is still happening. I hope we can get a real fix for this or some comment from Playground Games.
I'll be contacting them tonight and see if I get any answer. And thanks for all the fixes you've shown in this thread but none have worked for me or I had already done. ;)
#129 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 3:25:41 PM(UTC)
I just installed this game through the $1 game pass deal and I don't have audio during game play. There is audio at first, but then when I take over the car there is none. I'm not about to reinstall drivers as I have everything working perfectly for everything else. There seems to be no way to change the audio device which is odd, but I suspect it's using the correct one since it half works. Glad I didn't pay for the game, but too bad it's broken.
#130 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 7:00:36 AM(UTC)
Support contacted me and told me this is an outstanding bug for PC users. Pretty big bug if you ask me.

"The team has identified the issue resulting in Audio not initiating and is working on a fix.

There will be announcement when the fix has been released.

Thank you for your patience."
#131 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:44:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThatMouseOne Go to Quoted Post
Support contacted me and told me this is an outstanding bug for PC users. Pretty big bug if you ask me.

"The team has identified the issue resulting in Audio not initiating and is working on a fix.

There will be announcement when the fix has been released.

Thank you for your patience."

The painful thing is that this has been a "bug" since PC release day-1,
and it doesn't feel like the team is treating this as a high priority bug...which they should.
Having no audio is, dare I say, quite game-breaking in a way.

I've been waiting for a fix for ages now, and I fear this game will be yesterday's news by the time a fix does roll round...if it ever will.

Damn shame, really. I was really looking forward to sinking some time into this.

- Ciel.
#132 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 9:39:27 AM(UTC)
Dang! I sent in a support request for this exact problem sometime before Christmas last year. They have not even bothered to answer that ticket yet. This bunch take the prize of most oblivious support ever.
#133 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 11:57:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Make sure that you have updates the BIOS.
Players may experience loss of sound and possible inability to progress in the game if they 'Disable all enhancements' under Sound > Playback tab > Select your playback device > Properties > Enhancements. 

There is no enhancement tab in my speakers properties...

1 user liked this post.
#134 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 4:22:11 AM(UTC)
If you guys missed it from my own forum post a while ago, here is a fix that works, now I cant call this a fix, it is a workaround that works, just follow the steps in my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntMIpo2H0Dk
#135 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:37:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PhatMonkey Go to Quoted Post
If you guys missed it from my own forum post a while ago, here is a fix that works, now I cant call this a fix, it is a workaround that works, just follow the steps in my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntMIpo2H0Dk

After 7 months of anxious waiting, as well as trying several suggested fixes and workarounds, only to have them amount to precisely nothing...I can, with genuine joy, state that this workaround has worked for me.
I tip my fedora hat to you, Sir Monkey.

I think this is especially useful for those of you out there that use audio hardware that doesn't use Realtek codecs, for example.

Sidenote: the video doesn't show setting the virtualMeeter as 'default device' --> you have to do this.

Thanks again, I can finally get to tearing up some tarmac, and I'm just in time for the LEGO expansion!

- Ciel.

P.S. To the dev team: For shame.

Edited by user Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:36:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#136 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:50:38 PM(UTC)
Found a fix for this. Just go into your Sound Settings > Device Properties > Enhancements and Uncheck "Disable All Enhancements". Then restart your PC and it should work.
#137 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 11:24:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SkullKeyGaming Go to Quoted Post
Found a fix for this. Just go into your Sound Settings > Device Properties > Enhancements and Uncheck "Disable All Enhancements". Then restart your PC and it should work.

That worked for me too - ASUS Z-370 Prime m/b with latest Realtek drivers using onboard sound

Mike
#138 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 8:11:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheosdaTC Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Make sure that you have updates the BIOS.
Players may experience loss of sound and possible inability to progress in the game if they 'Disable all enhancements' under Sound > Playback tab > Select your playback device > Properties > Enhancements.

There is no enhancement tab in my speakers properties...

Please try to activate "Windows Sonic for Headphones".
Select "Windows Sonic for Headphones" in the Spatial Sound tab.
On my PC and sound card(TASCAM US-144 Mk2) , it solved the problem.
#139 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 5:12:49 PM(UTC)
I had this issue come up on my game just recently. I had to switch from my 3.5mm headphone jack to a usb connection. Boom my audio came back. i had tried all the other driver updates, and repairs to my install, and uninstalled and reinstalled. ended up being just changing how my headphones were connected physically
6 Pages<<456Prev

Notification

Icon
Error