This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:34:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cyrakuath Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FloatingTea5732 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SuckageXP Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I have the ultimate edition. Headphones only work if you can activate spacial effects like Dolby Atmos or Windows Sonic. My Corsair Void USB would not allow me to activate any spatial effects. I am able to use my hdmi out from graphics card or my headphone jack, but now I don't have a mic unless I rest my Corsair in my lap and shout at it....

I hope there's an update coming so this is not forced to use spatial sound....

I will give this a try in the morning.

Wait what?.. That's so confusing what are you doing specifically?

I also saw a reddit post that said to delete the corsair utility engine so you can disable the enhancements but i can't seem to get that to work either.

I could see that I was able to enable Microsoft Sonic Spatial effect on my headphones. I enabled it to see what it would do. FH4 crashes on startup! :-(

Anyway, moderators, can we removed the [SOLVED] tag from this post? This is far from resolved for many who have a Realtek audio card.

I also tried disabling the Nvidia HD Audio device, and FH4 just refuses to use the Realtek Speakers.

I wonder if for some reason the latest audio drivers are not compatible, so I am uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the previous version to see what happens. Unless other have tried that already.
#52 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:03:35 PM(UTC)
********** SOLVED *************

I am still having this issue, sound at intro and splash screens, but no sound in menu or in game.

I have tried the following:

Changing from studio quality to DVD quality 48k HZ
Activating spatial sound in speaker properties instead of having it at off
Enabling enhancements instead of having it disabled.
Restarted computer
I have disabled (even though it was red and "not plugged in") the Nvidia Output setting under playback sounds tab, seeing as I had to update Nvidia drivers before launching the game
Performed a Realtek windows update, seemed to be network related, not audio

Still same issue.

I am using Realtek drivers: Version - 6.0.1.7541

Windows 10
Intel Sandybridge i7
Nvidia 1080

EDIT: ****** SOLVED ********

I ended up trying a bunch of different other things that I found posted on here, one for example was ending corsair utility engine, another was turning off my internet connection and uninstalling the Realtek High Definition Audio driver from my speakers, then turning my internet back on. I did this because I was thinking it would reinstall the driver, but the speakers driver didn't show back up in the Device manager. I also turned off my Realtek Audio manager from processes, and tried the game each time I did each of these. NONE OF THESE worked at the time, until i restarted computer.

AFTER RESTART, I went back into the game just for the hell of it and my sound is working now. *Shrug*

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:03:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:28:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cyrakuath Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FloatingTea5732 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SuckageXP Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I have the ultimate edition. Headphones only work if you can activate spacial effects like Dolby Atmos or Windows Sonic. My Corsair Void USB would not allow me to activate any spatial effects. I am able to use my hdmi out from graphics card or my headphone jack, but now I don't have a mic unless I rest my Corsair in my lap and shout at it....

I hope there's an update coming so this is not forced to use spatial sound....

I will give this a try in the morning.

Wait what?.. That's so confusing what are you doing specifically?

I also saw a reddit post that said to delete the corsair utility engine so you can disable the enhancements but i can't seem to get that to work either.

I tried uninstalling the Corsair driver, and it didn't solve my issue. I plug in a separate pair of headphones into the headphone jack on my front panel and activate Dolby Atmos. You have to pick the new audio decice BEFORE launching the game (same case for a lot of apps on windows 10).

My default mic in Discord is still the Corsair USB, so I have to shout at it while not wearing to talk. Discord default audio is now my regular headphones so I can hear the conversation and the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
Isn't that great? The audio problems have been reported since mid September, now it's releasing and the issue hasn't been resolved.
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:55:12 AM(UTC)
Why has this post been marked "Resolved"? Audio issue still not fixed!

Always issues with Forza games on release on PC. Took them nearly 6 months to a year to sort out FH3 and FM7 issues (FM7 still a stutter fest). I wont be buying this game and making the same mistake a 3rd time lol
 2 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 11:03:08 AM(UTC)
Same issues as noted. I've reinstalled realtek, restarted, reinstalled the game, made sure enhancements were disabled, you name it. The issue persisists. I'm a USB user as well as Creative Soundblaster 5.1, and it doesn't play sound EXCEPT for the intro splash screens and the tutorial race cut scenes. I don't understand how this thread is marked [SOLVED] mods, fix this thread so it can get the attention it deserves.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:08:01 AM(UTC)
Gone through every single comment, same issue same problem with no luck at all. Have tried so many computer restarts around each fix.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:22:55 AM(UTC)
Just freshly downloaded the game. And i got the same problem. NO SOUND INGAME (only Cutscenes) - Every other thing works just fine. Graphics, Controls etc, no problem with that. But the Sound is missing.

I unchecked the option of enhancements, started game again, but still no sound. Nothing helped so far. And my sound on my pc is working fine.
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:50:55 AM(UTC)
I was having the same problem until I updated to Windows 10, version 1809 today. Now it works fine with my X-FI. Might be a coincidence though...
#60 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 9:41:16 AM(UTC)
Same problem as everyone, crashes on startup when my headphones are plugged in or, when it doesn't crash, only plays sounds from cutscenes. It only works with my little Bluetooth speaker, which is hardly ideal for such a game. And I get sound stutters even then.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 9:43:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 11:21:03 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the "Disable Enhancements" tip in Windows Audio Settings, the game is much more enjoyable with audio.

Regards, TimmyTunes59
#62 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 2:52:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: a XOMBIE Go to Quoted Post
I was having the same problem until I updated to Windows 10, version 1809 today. Now it works fine with my X-FI. Might be a coincidence though...

I updated too to 1809. Issue persists.
#63 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:14:53 AM(UTC)
Posting here hoping for a fix. Or answer, or anything!
#64 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:51:10 AM(UTC)
I updated to 1809 and also updated my realtek driver to my mobo manufacturers latest version which was quite a bit past the one on the Realtek site R2.82 and even tried going back to the R2.82 one, neither worked. I seriously want to play this game, it runs [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] smooth and looks incredible but I can't get into it with no sound :(

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:01:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 12:36:19 PM(UTC)
Brilliant. After playing the game for days, just great on a Steelseries Arctis 7 headset and Asus Xonar 7 USB card, I now have this problem.
#66 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:00:12 PM(UTC)
Been having this issue as well but this solved it for me:

If your motherboard uses a Realtek sound chip, get a updated driver from the Realtek support and driver section for Windows 10 64 bit or 32 bit.
Look up what audio chip by its model number the motherboard uses, by using the model number of the motherboard.
In the specifications for your motherboard on the Asus website it will give the model number of the Realtek sound chip used on the motherboard.

On the link bellow click the tick box on the webpage, and click next.
The HD audio driver listed for windows from 7 to 10 will work on most systems when downloaded and installed.

http://www.realtek.com.t...peID=3&GetDown=false
#67 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 5:09:32 PM(UTC)
After a lot of trying, these settings worked for me:

- 24 bit, 48000 Hz
- UNCHECK "Disable all enhancements" and leave all other enhancements UNCHECKED too.
- RESTART
- Enable Windows Sonic
#68 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 10:33:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Failscalator Go to Quoted Post
Same issues as noted. I've reinstalled realtek, restarted, reinstalled the game, made sure enhancements were disabled, you name it. The issue persisists. I'm a USB user as well as Creative Soundblaster 5.1, and it doesn't play sound EXCEPT for the intro splash screens and the tutorial race cut scenes. I don't understand how this thread is marked [SOLVED] mods, fix this thread so it can get the attention it deserves.

Agreed! This really needs to get the RESOLVED tag off the thread. Multiple people having sound issues and I've tried all the fixes that people have posted here and none have worked for me. Can't enjoy playing the game with no sound...
#69 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:14:00 AM(UTC)
So, I had the exact same issue as everybody else in this thread. I tried everything that people said and nothing worked. I was troubleshooting and trying out different solutions for about two hours until I tried the simplest of all solutions.

I use a Steelseries arctis 5 headset. This means my headset use usb. When you buy this headset you get a 3.5mm adapter so you'll be able to use the headset on your phone. So I simply connected my headset in the 3.5mm jack straight into the computer instead of using usb. I started the game but got the distortion issue but someone had the solution for that in this thread. Just bring the frequency up to 48.000 hz and your problem is solved.

So basically the only problem for me is that the game for some reason doesn't support usb headsets which is really stupid.

Now, keep in mind that I don't use a soundcard. Only the one that is built in the motherboard or whatever so I don't know about you guys issue...
#70 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:57:57 AM(UTC)
No in-game sound with Steelseries Siberia 800 Wireless Gaming Headset, USB audio connection. I have sound in every other game but not in Forza Horizon 4.

Enabling/disabling all enhancements has no effect.
Enabling any spacial sound format makes the game crash at start. Turning on/off 7.1 virtual surround sound has no effect.
Changing default format from 16 bit, 44100Hz to 48000Hz has no effect.

#71 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:58:36 PM(UTC)
I too had the same problem as everyone else, and it only got resolved when the latest Nvidia drivers were released and I installed them yesterday.
I chose to do a 'clean install' which took a very long time, and at first reboot it left me with nothing basically. Then I proceeded with a proper install again, and this time, after rebooting, as if by magic, I could actually hear sound through the headphones plugged into my onboard Realtek soundcard, rather than the Nvidia HD Audio device (basically my monitor).
So, clean install of the nvidia drivers fixed what a reinstall of game/soundcard drivers/etc... didn't fix, and I had this problem since the pre-release day and the demo.
I am not sure this problem is resolved for everyone just by doing what I did, but I have now stopped investigating this issue as I can't spend any more time on it now that I finally works.
For reference, the sound in Motorsport 7, Horizon 3 and all my other games didn't have problems.
#72 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:20:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScrumMaster78 Go to Quoted Post
I too had the same problem as everyone else, and it only got resolved when the latest Nvidia drivers were released and I installed them yesterday.
I chose to do a 'clean install' which took a very long time, and at first reboot it left me with nothing basically. Then I proceeded with a proper install again, and this time, after rebooting, as if by magic, I could actually hear sound through the headphones plugged into my onboard Realtek soundcard, rather than the Nvidia HD Audio device (basically my monitor).
So, clean install of the nvidia drivers fixed what a reinstall of game/soundcard drivers/etc... didn't fix, and I had this problem since the pre-release day and the demo.
I am not sure this problem is resolved for everyone just by doing what I did, but I have now stopped investigating this issue as I can't spend any more time on it now that I finally works.
For reference, the sound in Motorsport 7, Horizon 3 and all my other games didn't have problems.

Something similar worked for me. Did a Custom, Clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers (416.16) that were released 4th Oct 2018. Rebooted. No difference. Then installed the last Realtek HD drivers available on the Realtek website R2.82 2017/7/26 (which is much older than the default HD Windows driver I was previously using) Rebooted. Game works correctly (for now at least)
Hope this helps someone, this is a PITA as no other program/game etc I have had an issue with audio, just FH4. Very frustrating and time consuming. Peace

#73 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 8:49:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GustavoSM BR Go to Quoted Post
Same problem as everyone, crashes on startup when my headphones are plugged in or, when it doesn't crash, only plays sounds from cutscenes. It only works with my little Bluetooth speaker, which is hardly ideal for such a game. And I get sound stutters even then.

EXACTLY what is happening with me... I either have sound and crash..... or only cut scene sounds and it doesn't crash. Super frustrating when every other game plays perfectly fine...

#74 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:24:36 AM(UTC)
I have had that problem a few times while tabing out of the game all i did was enter my home and go to the auction house and came out and it worked fine
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 1:49:23 PM(UTC)
Hi everyone, I have solved the problem by uninstalling the realtek drivers with ddu (display driver uninstaller) with disconnected internet, then I have restarted and left windows to do the rest without installing any driver and it works perfectly. My conclusion is that realtek drivers are outdated and those that put windows are better optimized for the latest versions of this.

I have windows updated to the latest version (1809).

regards
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error