This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 6:48:31 AM(UTC)
*For Elgato Game Capture users*

I was having this issue where I only had audio in the cutscenes. When I enabled Elgato Sound Capture I was able to get in-game sound to work.

PC Gaming Tab
"Where do you want to hear your PC gameplay" - Automatic (Sound Blaster Z in my case)
"Which output is your Elgato Game Capture device connected to?" - Automatic (none in my case)

Hope this helps someone till an official fix is released.
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 11:46:09 PM(UTC)
I have no sound during racing as well. Tried the things described here - no effect. Microsoft should really fix that! It`s a shame, they are not able to get the game runnig properly on their own system/OS!
As I read here, the X-Box One players also experience sound issues in some cases.
Please - fix that issue until release or postpone the release!!!!
#28 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 11:49:01 PM(UTC)
I works using speakers, but not using my headset. Must be a problem with headsets.
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 3:57:42 AM(UTC)
Problem ist NOT solved.

Still no sound ingame, except cutszenes
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 5:57:19 AM(UTC)
I really hope, they will fix it. For me it works fine with the speakers......but a game should support Headsets as well. They should look after that issue before release.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 11:28:31 AM(UTC)
So, i can't fix that problem with advices i that topic.
I have Gygabite GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard, some Realtek soundcard.

What i tried:
1) Disable Encasements in sound device settings, and reboot then
2) Changing sound quality between 16 and 24bit, and 41k, 48k, and 96k Hz (with reboot of course)
3) Deleting and reinstall drivers for soundcard (yep, with reboot)
4) Unplug headphones cabel (reboot still need?)
5) Dancing with tambourine like russian sysadmin

And, I still do not hear anything.
#32 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 2:21:11 PM(UTC)
Started having this problem today on the One X. No audio except during cut scenes. Weird thing is it worked normally when I downloaded the game last night. Today no sound and just now after trying to restart, A button won't launch the game. Trying a uninstall and reinstall. Hopefully that helps.
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:33:30 AM(UTC)
Same here, sound don't work in game, only in cutscenes. Tried all the mentioned tricks.

Lenovo Thinkcentre m93p (Realtek sound)
Geforce 1050Ti 4Gb LP
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:40:29 AM(UTC)
Same over here with the no sound thing, other than intro/cut-scene on Win10 PC.

MSinfo report(edited) for any support persons from MS / Turn10 / Forza that might be interested:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/snqrlr8l2pztnm4/MSINFO.txt?dl=0

Regards,
Al

Edited by user Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:44:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#35 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:53:07 PM(UTC)
Still waiting also darius, already had the fixes set up also and tried different audio devices. Posted two days ago with no response yet is there a better way to get help then posting here?
https://forums.forzamoto...-4-PC-demo-NO-SOUND.aspx
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 3:10:29 AM(UTC)
The Sound Enhancements setting resolved the issue for me also. This setting in Windows makes no sense whatsoever. Why would checking 'Disable all enhancements' give a different result than having all 3 enhancements individually unchecked??
#37 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 10:01:54 AM(UTC)
Even after the latest update, still no sound here other than on cutscenes and even then it's only engine sounds, get no background music.
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 11:26:07 AM(UTC)
For crying out loud THIS ISN'T RESOLVED ! Fix this damn issue already !
#39 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 7:12:57 AM(UTC)
Sound problem still not resolved here!

I tried to install latest sound driver.

I don't have any enhancements tab to check/uncheck!

Even tried to run windows in minimal mode in case there was a conflicting program, but still no sound!

What else can I try?
#40 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 4:27:23 PM(UTC)
In my case, The sound output seems to switch between headphones/speakers from the Realtek driver during some cutscenes, to the Nvidia HD audio driver. I can hear sound if I connect my headphones to the monitor.
I have yet to try installing older Realtek drivers (SupremeFX sound card) or even uninstalling the nvidia hd audio driver.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:20:34 PM(UTC)
This issue is also present with surround sound users especially USB audio users.

If you can, set your sound to stereo instead of 5.1 or 7.1. Some users like me cannot manually change the audio settings because of the hardware (Bose Companion 5).

Please fix. I'm almost positive this is the issue.
#42 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 2:54:24 AM(UTC)
None of these tips didn't help. Any other solutions?
#43 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 10:18:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DzikaMangusta Go to Quoted Post
None of these tips didn't help. Any other solutions?

[Mod Edit - Trolling removed - D]

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 11:53:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 5:17:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FallenAngel850 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post

Players may experience loss of sound and possible inability to progress in the game if they 'Disable all enhancements' under Sound > Playback tab > Select your playback device > Properties > Enhancements. 

i think, thats it. i reactivated the enhancements, did a reboot and now sound is there. Thank you a lot =)

this does not work for me , i get the intro loga clips with sound, but after that when im in game no sound at all :(
#45 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 8:32:41 PM(UTC)
Ok, I have the ultimate edition. Headphones only work if you can activate spacial effects like Dolby Atmos or Windows Sonic. My Corsair Void USB would not allow me to activate any spatial effects. I am able to use my hdmi out from graphics card or my headphone jack, but now I don't have a mic unless I rest my Corsair in my lap and shout at it....

I hope there's an update coming so this is not forced to use spatial sound....
#46 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:35:36 AM(UTC)
This isn't fixed here either... Disabled, rebooted, etc. Every other game (including all the 3 other Forza titles) work just fine.
#47 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:06:53 AM(UTC)
Make sure that you have updates the BIOS.
Players may experience loss of sound and possible inability to progress in the game if they 'Disable all enhancements' under Sound > Playback tab > Select your playback device > Properties > Enhancements. 

I have followed all these steps and i still have no in-game sound. Does anyone have any further ideas?
#48 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 12:50:05 PM(UTC)
Make sure that you have updates the BIOS.

Thank you for this! I was going crazy thinking it was something with the HDMI audio going into my pre-pro but this fixed it after a reboot.
#49 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:06:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuckageXP Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I have the ultimate edition. Headphones only work if you can activate spacial effects like Dolby Atmos or Windows Sonic. My Corsair Void USB would not allow me to activate any spatial effects. I am able to use my hdmi out from graphics card or my headphone jack, but now I don't have a mic unless I rest my Corsair in my lap and shout at it....

I will give this a try in the morning.

#50 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:28:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FloatingTea5732 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SuckageXP Go to Quoted Post

I will give this a try in the morning.

Wait what?.. That's so confusing what are you doing specifically?

I also saw a reddit post that said to delete the corsair utility engine so you can disable the enhancements but i can't seem to get that to work either.

6 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error