This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:14:57 AM(UTC)
Hi,

i just started the demo an have no sound while driving.
Sound in the pre-rendered videos is there, but not when i drive.

My PCs specs are:

CPU: AMD-FX 8320e
GPU: Geforce GTX 970 (Driver 399.07)
Sound1: Soundblaster X-Fi (Driver 6.0.230.11, configured for 5.1-Sound)
Sound 2: Realtek High-Definition Onboard- **** (Driver 6.0.1.8186, only used for voicechat).

Anyone an idea?

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:52:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:19:00 AM(UTC)
have the same issue pls fix
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:29:57 AM(UTC)
Did you plug your headphones in during gameplay? Try restarting the the title.

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:31:34 AM(UTC)
Now its getting weird... i recorded a video with GameDVR and when i watched it to check if the recording worked, the sound is there.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:34:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Did you plug your headphones in during gameplay? Try restarting the the title.

I checked during gameplay if the there is sound coming out of the headset, which is plugged into my second soundcard i use only for voichechat. And there was no sound coming out the headset.
 6 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:35:44 AM(UTC)
Make sure that you have updates the BIOS.
Players may experience loss of sound and possible inability to progress in the game if they 'Disable all enhancements' under Sound > Playback tab > Select your playback device > Properties > Enhancements. 

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:52:48 AM(UTC)

Players may experience loss of sound and possible inability to progress in the game if they 'Disable all enhancements' under Sound > Playback tab > Select your playback device > Properties > Enhancements. 

i think, thats it. i reactivated the enhancements, did a reboot and now sound is there. Thank you a lot =)

#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:03:57 AM(UTC)
You're welcome!

#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:24:38 PM(UTC)
I just had something similar.
Playing the demo on xbox one. Using a headset in my controller.

My controller was almost empty during playing, so i grabbed my 2th controller, and plugged my headset in there.
And next thing, no sound.
Going back to the home screen and the sound is back. But it's stil not working in the demo.

Maybe rebooting helps, haven't checked yet.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:50:21 PM(UTC)
I'm using a sound blaster HD USB device. 24bit, 48000Hz quality. No issues here.
7700K 5,1GHZ
32 GB DDR4 4166MHZ
2x 1080Ti SLI
Asrock Z270 SuperCarrier
3x ASUS MG279 in portrait surround.

TS-XW Racer
 3 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:17:24 PM(UTC)

Yes, having all enhancements disabled is the problem in this case, but why? A game being unable to output sound just because audio enhancements are disabled is unheard of. I'd suggest you look into this problem, as a lot of people will run into this and wonder why the hell they don't have ingame sound.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:13:47 PM(UTC)
So, sound will output through my gpu to monitor, but Realtek driver has no sound through headphones.

Edit: Updated realtek driver and still only the pre-rendered footage makes sound effects. Remainder of game is dead silent including cars, sfx, narration, and music. I have to output sound through graphics card for sound to function.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:37:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:41:26 PM(UTC)

Didn't worked for me :/ Some other Solutions?
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:05:15 PM(UTC)

The sound is crackling.

So what i'm supposed to do ?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:09:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:46:22 PM(UTC)
for those wondering how to fix the static/distortion, change your audio bitrate from 44100Hz to 48000Hz, idk why this fixes it but it fixes it lol
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:16:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
for those wondering how to fix the static/distortion, change your audio bitrate from 44100Hz to 48000Hz, idk why this fixes it but it fixes it lol

I'm already on 48 KHz, so...
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:39:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KrabbeDaten2910 Go to Quoted Post

I had to do a reboot after changing the setting, without reboot it made no difference!
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:55:30 AM(UTC)
Yesterday i had also no Sound and I am using the sound chip of my Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Mainboard, any solution for that?
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:12:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZeroG9876 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KrabbeDaten2910 Go to Quoted Post

I had to do a reboot after changing the setting, without reboot it made no difference!

It still does not work
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:47:18 AM(UTC)

Ta Nitro this worked have also started a ticket withe Intel as game is still crashing at the same spot will be up loading video to U tube and will post the links for you to have a look at Game is crashing the same way regardless of GPU settings used. in the same spot ever time I try to run it.

Video of error and where it happens same place every time PLAY

PC specks are

Intel® NUC
Intel Core i7-8809G 3.1GHz (up to 4.2GHz Turbo)
2x 16GB DDR4 2400+ SODIMMs
Radeon RX Vega M GH 1063-1190MHz GPU, 800MHz Memory 4GB
512 GB M.2 SATA SSD Operating System and Apps
1TB M.2 SATA SSD Game's only Windows and Steam
4 TB External Hard drive USB-C for Photos and Back up files
Integrated Wifi Intel® Wireless-AC 8265 + Bluetooth 4.2

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:46:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:18:17 PM(UTC)
This post needs to be Sticky to Investigating as this problem is still here. I have attempted every fix I have come across.

-Resetting things.
- Enhancements on and off.
-16bit 480000Hz to 24bit 480000Hz and whatnot.

Iv tried adjusting just about everything and matching things up because if I flip from my corsair headset to my speakers, Works perfect. Flip back and its silent. I thought I could trick it by flipping in-game, and it didn't take the bait. There are no other audio issues with the other games I own despite all the options being played with.

Hope to hear more soon!

(Whoops! Forgot some specs!)
GTX1080 Ti
I5 Intel CoffeeLake unlocked
DDR4 16Gigs
2 Terabytes Hard drive

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:40:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 12:26:37 AM(UTC)
This may say its resolved but None of the above fixes anything for me. This seems to big of an issue to be a user end issue, must be somthing in game itsself, codeing or bad file or somthing
#23 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 12:38:37 AM(UTC)
For realtek HD Users, first uninstall the audio driver with DDU(latest version) then disconnect internet for being automatically download for latest audio driver. play a game and connect internet again. if problem still appeared, you can try unplug your sound cable (3.5mm,etc). wait for second then play a game
#24 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 1:43:45 AM(UTC)
I had the same issue with no sound in game (while racing) but during cut scenes the sound worked. Closing the game and disabling the enhancements and then rebooting the PC worked. Thanks for the help in this thread!
#25 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 2:17:19 AM(UTC)
Have no sound aside from the cutscenes and I already had the "fixes" set up by default for my PC. Any other news when they'll fix this ?
6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error