This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
10 Pages<<678910PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#176 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:49:23 AM(UTC)
As a start it is brilliant. Just need a few things added in.

A burn out block for warming up the tyres.

1/8 of a mile strip as well

And the added custom options that's already been covered for setting up lobbies
 1 user liked this post.
#177 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 2:35:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fuzzy Belvedere Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Deuces WiId Go to Quoted Post
It's not the most efficient way to get down the track, but it's the most fun.

How did you get your car to lift on the Experimental Drag Dubai track?
I can get cars to wheelie on test track/airport, but that's about it

I have the clutch on my trigger and throttle on the right stick, the rest is just finesse.
 1 user liked this post.
#178 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:48:15 PM(UTC)
I have been waiting on this for so long I have 360 year old man playing this game with me that I have never picked up a controller before and are having a blast. I think the perfection of dragracing will bring forza a whole new age group of followers! Experimental drag. finally we have a Christmas tree! thank you for that and the other new additions are pretty cool however we need legit drag tires (tubed out cars)etc. we need a burn out box must have. We definitely need to be able to find fine-tune the turbos and more realistic control over tuning! nitrous would be absolutely 8th Miles would be amazing drag spoilers would be awesome! Make a deal with street outlaws and get their support and out the cars on here! Do research and get some of the famous drag racing names and cars on here get funny cars! There is so much u culd do Please keep it going and keep up the good work please don’t disappoint
#179 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:01:38 AM(UTC)
its very good but i just want to choose what car i want to race with and its not possible right now.if they add it it will be awesome too...
 1 user liked this post.
#180 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:33:04 PM(UTC)
Rear end gear ratios do not react as real world expectations. A lower rear end gear ratio should result in a quicker holeshot and a lower et. In the game ut seems just the opposite is what is happening.

Case study in game with a Challenger rear gear ratios from 2.88 to 5.10. 2.98 produces the best et.

Compared to my own real world experience with a 72 Dodge Dart. A 2.89 rear end produced far worse et than did a 4.11 but a final rear gear set of 4.33 brought the car down to high 9's et even faster than the 4.11.

The physics of the gearing needs to be reworked.
#181 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:46:11 PM(UTC)
In game opponents:

A PI based opponent where a max set PI for a class level like the class for circuit racing. Where you can build a car to level and race in class.
The current system keeps jumping class as you build a car. If you're building a PI700 car you might get a PI725 level car. If you build towards the PI725 level as you get close the PI725 the opponent level and the opponent change.
There should be a PI range for open competition and for AI competition. Maybe PI level breakdowns of 50PI range per Bracket, or Class. PI500 - PI549; PI550 - PI599. etc...
#182 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:56:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kamran131 Go to Quoted Post
its very good but i just want to choose what car i want to race with and its not possible right now.if they add it it will be awesome too...

You can choose cars. But that brings me to my feedback: it's annoying that they put the Car Collection option where you usually select your car and moved the options to choose your car, tune, and upgrades to the actual race tab. Totally threw me off for a minute as I thought I'd have to change the race type or back out of Free Play to pick the car I wanted.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#183 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:05:35 PM(UTC)
Best drag racing in Forza history accept the Airport in Horizon 3, more tracks, locations and keep trying you might get there eventually, I love drag but only tyres as specific drag items, maybe we get some named parts manufacturers in game aftermarket stuff that actually changes the looks, body kits a start, suits a start but keeping a high credit value on the boxes you state you hate just as much as us.... oops off topic, I have mental condition that does that and I hate the backspace button it wastes words. So yes, love new drag system so make length quarter half and full mile, lots of locations maybe in Horison make 2 types street racing type and normal with extra sunglasses for night or special clothing not too much crossover it fantasy, male cheerleader driving S2000 in F&F livery all pinked is nice but not for me nor the knight
#184 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:19:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bendingcorners Go to Quoted Post
I have been waiting on this for so long I have 360 year old man playing this game with me that I have never picked up a controller before and are having a blast. I think the perfection of dragracing will bring forza a whole new age group of followers! Experimental drag. finally we have a Christmas tree! thank you for that and the other new additions are pretty cool however we need legit drag tires (tubed out cars)etc. we need a burn out box must have. We definitely need to be able to find fine-tune the turbos and more realistic control over tuning! nitrous would be absolutely 8th Miles would be amazing drag spoilers would be awesome! Make a deal with street outlaws and get their support and out the cars on here! Do research and get some of the famous drag racing names and cars on here get funny cars! There is so much u culd do Please keep it going and keep up the good work please don’t disappoint

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

But mostly...........

[quote=Fuzzy Belvedere;958242][quote=Deuces WiId;956108]It's not the most efficient way to get down the track, but it's the most fun.

This

Also, as someone who finds drifting, “challenging” nes suspension bit helps a bit, don’t FORCE any discipline of racing on us life drift zones in Horizon 3, I love drag racing for the above reasons but some might not want it forced or feel forsed as I did with drift to complete every forzathon I could not 3 star so I did not feel good at all about not being able despite a weekend of trying. One mans Drift is another mans drag... I love Drag
#185 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:42:52 PM(UTC)
I really like experimental drag and I don't know why, because I never was a fan of Drag racing. This is just fun and good for pushing towards the next reward on your level up.

Today I managed a Reaction Time of 00:00:000, I first thought it was a mistake, but I managed it 3 times. It was great!

Reaction Time of 00:00:000

Edited by user Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:49:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#186 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:01:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AnakalaRon Go to Quoted Post
Rear end gear ratios do not react as real world expectations. A lower rear end gear ratio should result in a quicker holeshot and a lower et. In the game ut seems just the opposite is what is happening.

Case study in game with a Challenger rear gear ratios from 2.88 to 5.10. 2.98 produces the best et.

Compared to my own real world experience with a 72 Dodge Dart. A 2.89 rear end produced far worse et than did a 4.11 but a final rear gear set of 4.33 brought the car down to high 9's et even faster than the 4.11.

The physics of the gearing needs to be reworked.

4.33 gears in a car that runs 9s?
"if" it manages to hit that et at 150mph, and you somehow managed to shove a 28" tire under it, your looking at 8,000 rpm if you have a very efficient converter. That poor LA must be crying.
 1 user liked this post.
#187 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:48:06 PM(UTC)
its off to a great start , would like them to improve their timing system for et ,60ft times to resemble real world numbers not to worried about all the extra upgrades as that would throw other parts of the game off .

a change in the tuning menu so we can drop tire pressures down to get a better foot print for better off the line traction , i know this would also change many things across the game as it would need a new tire model and physics system .

would it be possible to get rid of the pre car camera pan so we can have an extended time to set out rpms .

also deuces it is entirely possible to run 8s with gears higher than 4.33 , and 8k rpm is not really an issue for most irl v8 drag cars (but you better have more than a 2 gear power glide to do it , 3 spd is the minimum i would suggest to try that ) , getting a 9" x 28 under a 72 dart is super feasible if you have the correct rim offset and time to move some metal around with a hammer (mostly around the top edge of the wheel opening )
creator of the original open source tune sheet found here :
https://forums.forzamoto...s--Not-a-calculator.aspx
 1 user liked this post.
#188 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 8:02:10 PM(UTC)
Drag Racing Cosmetic Items (real world function)

Composite Front End (Replaces the fender, hood, grill, bumper, and airdam with a one piece fiberglass or carbon fiber unit to make the vehicle more aerodynamic and remove a bunch of weight off the front axle)

Hood Scoops, Turbo/s/Procharger Bellhorn (Allows fresh air into the engine and causes a ram air effect at speed, Bellhorns smooth the air going into centrifugal superchagers and increase boost)

Bullhorn Exhaust Pipes (The exhaust leaving a big inch turbo engine generates a good amount of thrust, racers take advantage of it by directing the exhaust pipes up and rearward to hold the front end down and lower the ET by a couple thousandths)

Fender Exit Exhaust, Zoomies (Conventional exhaust collectors dump the exhaust under the floor boards and make the interior very loud and hot. Dumping the exhaust out of the fenders reduces cabin noise and heat drastically. Since the primary and collectors remain about the same, the power doesn't change. Big inch Littlefield blower cars don't require exhaust collectors to take advantage of camshaft overlap, so getting the exhaust out as quickly as possible with Zoomies increase HP)

Drag Wing (Extending the surface area of the rear deck lid "trunk", slightly tapering the sides, and adding a little duck bill will increase down force a little while moderately increasing the aerodynamics and driveability at speed. They also improve the parachute deployment and efficiency by keeping them up in clean air)

Parachute/s (Required by sanctioning bodies for cars that exceed 125mph in the 1/8, or 150mph in the 1/4. The amount and type depends on the weight and trap speed.)

Wheelie Bars (Required equipment for big tire cars that make a ton of power to get the power on the bars and into the tires, they're more about proper chassis tuning than about keeping the car from flipping backwards. They can also be used to prevent big wheelies on lower HP cars and stock chassis cars that cannot accurately tune the instant center of the chassis.)

3 users liked this post.
#189 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 9:27:09 PM(UTC)
Update 9/23

God I hope Microsoft/Turn 10 sees this. I like that Forza is taking a step towards listening to the consumers. Obviously this is an experiment and far from the finished product. For me I think there's a few realistic characteristics that should be taken into account in order to make this a meaningful future update. As I think of things I will update this post. So before I list these things I'd like to say the majority of my opinions come from personal experiences with drag racing AND THEN playing Forza. Forza is not the extent to my drag racing experience. I personally am not big on the Forza drag racing community because the lack of realism, because I'd rather not spend hours on end making gear sets, and finding the cheesiest way to launch my car.

1. Tire sizes. I'm just guessing, but the tires appear to be roughly 24'', with on average a 16'' rim I believe? Maybe a 15'' That's 4.5''-4'' of sidewall.. Even if it's 26'' tire, a 29'' M/T pro drag tire runs a 15'' wheel. Sooooo?... Personally I think all heights and widths on both rims and tires should be allowed. I think there should be a true drag tire and not the slicks we're given, meaning an actual folding sidewall. Maybe offer specific tires? 8.5/235, 10.5/275, 295, and 315, BUT with a realistic tire height and rims size! Hence, folding sidewall. Idk if it's me but I feel like tire pressures are pretty off as well. Then again maybe I'm just a dummy and think my cars perform better with higher tire pressures... If you were to do the tire pressure on a drag tire, depending on the diameter of the tire, weight of the car, and tire being used, pressures can run as low as 5 PSI... I believe this further proves the lack of a functioning sidewall?..

2. Higher horsepower motor. Albeit we can produce 1000+ H.P. I believe there's still a need to an even higher horsepower motor available to use. The F&F GTX can produce 2500 H.P. so the ability to utilize a high H.P. motor is already available in game. Whether we can build it or remove restrictor plates either way it's a necessity. With that being said I also think the 5.9 should support forced induction/power adders. To be fair, plenty of cars now in 10.5/275 classes develop any where from 2000-4000 H.P.

3. Drag racing suspension/chassis/cage variants. I'm aware there's cages for cars but they're not truly purpose made. Yes it provides better performance, but it doesn't give you the ability to back half a car, which in my opinion is a drag purpose suspension/chassis mod. I also think with these suspensions or cages wheelie bars should also be implemented. Also these cage/cages/suspensions can be the regulation on motors and tires. If you want to use a +2500hp motor, the only way to utilize it is with the installation of cage or drag chassis. If you want to use true drag tires, you need to back half it. Or just let us go all and throw a full drag chassis/cage in it! Using these modifications should also hinder the cars "handling" rating drastically, keeping other racers from abusing the high H.P. ability in other race types.

4. Power adders. I think nitrous and race fuels should be taken into consideration. Race fuels can also be our ability to make high H.P. builds without the addition of new motors. Just an idea. Again this should only be allowed with a modified chassis/cage. Bottom line, the chassis should be the starting point to the build and what gives us the advantage in performance, as the drift suspension gave us the advantage of more extreme steering angles.

5. Tune ability. Obviously Forza isn't a drag racing simulator but I think having the ability to tune fuel curves, spark, 2 step, and boost is a necessity. Obviously it can't be time based, so RPM based tuning capabilities would more than suffice. Then again if you give me the ability to make 3500 H.P. Hah! I'd just wanna tune the 2 step and boost at that point... Then again... Gimme it all!

6. Car performance. I think the performance and ability of the cars, or at least drag built cars, should be increased. We shouldn't have to go to the open field airstrip to pull tires. There's cars on 275s that can pull tires on the street. I think to be fair we should be able to track cars that dip into the 6s. HIGH 6s. Lol with that being said, I feel like the transmissions aren't too true. There are plenty of 1000+ H.P., 2800 lbs cars, with 350/400s dipping well into the 8s. It's a struggle to run mid 8s with hours of transmission tuning to get those runs. I've done multiple TH350/400, 4L60/80, Powerglide, and even T56s that in my opinion don't run true, given the specs of the cars they're in. That's just me. Then again these tire specs are crazy..

7. Now I'm not too big in the Forza drag racing community because I take a more realistic approach. Meaning, all of my drag cars utilize true race gears (TH350/400, Powerglides, etc), I don't spend hours on end creating gears. I race and tune IRL and one of the things that I feel Forza is truly missing is the regulation of races. There's no way to ensure people are truly running 275s, I think the restrictions should be refined and gone into detail on when players are going to race. Obviously this is leading towards classes. I think there should be solid drag classes made as well. Obviously they should be based on true drag classes but with the Forza twist. S/Street, S/G, and S/C are all time based and can be the same thing with the addition of a PI index for each class. Other classes could easily be made with the given restrictions. Ex. Super Stock cars cannot swap the engines, but are allowed modifications. Of course Outlaw classes! Maybe an N/T class or two? Idk.

8. Drag car pack. You guys went all out with the drift update which at the release of FH4 will also give us a drift car pack. With that being said I think there should also be a drag car pack. I'm not saying go all out and make every NHRA class car available, but maybe some pro stocks, pro mods, or even manufacture drag cars. Like the COPO, Demon, and Shelby Cobra Jet. From there I'd choose a handful of iconic cars and offer them in a "manufacture drag car" spec with the ability to customize and build. Let's be honest, if you guys have the ability to make Formula Drift cars to a T, it shouldn't be that hard to create stripped down drag cars with WAY LESS features. I believe the car class is called "Factory Stock". They run 9'' tires, 3500 lbs?, and run the quarter in 8.0-8.2 @170+

9. Visuals. I know the game in its current state is already very demanding as per visuals, let's be real that's what makes the game for us. There are a few things I wish I could either do away with or modify. Mainly the exhaust. I would love to able to move the exhaust, or be given the ability to place an exhaust cutout somewhere on my car. Hood, fenders, or even a side exit. Seeing an unmodified full exhaust system on my car is very displeasing, again maybe this is because I spend a **** load of time around actual drag cars. I also understand moving the exhaust would also move sound sources, which probably isn't the easiest thing in this game?.. Also as much as I love the Forza wing, I think there should be a drag wing. Maybe ones like you see on Pro Stock cars instead of raised wings like T/F and some P/M. Also parachutes. In reality cars that achieve 150+ in the quarter mile are required to use a chute. Honestly I'm tired of seeing my car skid into a wall post race lol. Obviously this isn't a necessity but would be a cool feature for cars purely on a drag strip, as on a track would be a one time use thing unless you want to watch the chute magically repack itself.

10. Staging. Pretty sure countless people have said they want a burn box and to stage. Here's why I personally want those thing. I'd prefer to stage my own car because I found it pretty difficult to get on the "2 step". I feel like staging your own car would give you more time than being thrown immediately into the start of the tree and having to engage your launch procedure (2 step, or off the clutch) before the race begins.

11. 2 step. I absolutely loved the FH3 2 step feature. I think it should definitely be brought back and also refined. We should be able to actually build boost at the line as well as tune where we would like to restrict the power band in the 2 step. This also touches on tune ability. We're all aware of holding the e-brake and applying gas lightly to engage the "traction control" or "2 step" launch. I think when we're in this we should be able to pull the clutch in, like FH3, and be able to move up in the power band. With that being said I think there should also be tune ability to this feature, meaning when the clutch is pulled in, and we're in the 2 step process, I can tune at which RPM I want to limit my 2 step at. NOTE played the FH4 demo and saw the God dang FH3 2 step/launch control whataver is in there! YOU'RE KILLIN ME!

12. Tree. If you're a hardcore drag racer you know full trees are for the kids. There NEEDS to be a pro tree, us grown folks need the real stuff!

13. E.T.s plain and simple, cut that total race time **** out. All I want to know is my reaction time, 60', 100', 660', and 1320' times THAT'S IT! Who the hell calculates "total race time"? I'll give you a hint, NO ONE.

14. Bracket Racing and races. Now I'm not a huge fan of bracket racing IRL I do see the significance of having it on a game. Regardless of the cars performance it creates equilibrium amongst competitors, essentially allowing anyone to win a race. With that being said having an actual race ladder would be AMAZING. Starting with 32 and racing 5 rounds to see who wins the entire event, versus one round of racing with three heats to determine the fastest. With that being said there should also be qualifying prior to this race. Touching back on bracket and tune ability this could also give way to a throttle stop. Which yes would be possible. Again using the in game "launch control"/"2 step" could serve as the switch for throttle stops. Simply input the time in which you want it to engage, the duration of the throttle stop, and the power percentage in which the car is restricted to. Voila.

15. Drag race meet up. I get this would be difficult but I'd love to see it happen. It could be as simple as, as soon as the race is over, cars drive back around to the pits on their own as if you'd entered the pits in a regular race. Once there you could be given the option to tune, spectate, rematch, or get in line for a random opponent.

16. Wagering and pink slip system. Id love to be able to put money up for a race as a racer and spectator. Maybe it's the street racer in me but I think that'd be pretty cool. Also, racing for pink slips! I can also see the dangers in this as well so maybe a wager limit and restrictions on vehicles won? You're not able to sell, modify, or tune that car? Idk.

17. Tracks. No way around it. There needs to be more tracks available, WITH NIGHT TIME TOO! That needs to happen... A street inspired track would be pretty darn cool too. Also I think the ability to run 1/8 mile should also be a thing! If you can run the quarter you can run the eight!

Edited by user Sunday, September 23, 2018 7:07:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#190 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:25:19 AM(UTC)
I don't really understand how hard it could be for you guys to make a decent drag-mode. You did it in, what - forza 2-3 ish? You could do your burnouts and a proper stage-in at the tree, and the time wasn't starting until your car crossed the starting line. I'm really hoping that you will fix these things in coming updates. I really enjoyed it back then, but I would really love it now with enhanced graphics and fysics.

Best regards from Sweden
 1 user liked this post.
#191 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:51:55 AM(UTC)
I think we should have more horse power allow the engines to make atlest 1500-2000 horse power we also should have the option to put wheelie bars smaller size rims in the back and the skinniest tire in the front we also should have a 1/8 mile track and 1/2mile on no prep also the mile on no prep i am giving feed back cause i am very active in the drag scene and the people around me would like to see these things added to the game and also drag meet rooms and also every car have added more engine swaps just as in real life we need way more drag tracks and factory drag cars that arent in the game we need funny cars ,pro stock cars ,promods ,eveything in drag simulation the feed back is simple just follow the true aspect of drag racing and apply all of its fundimentals and turn 10 should be golden ......cant wait till it hits multi player hope it attracts more people to the drag community
 1 user liked this post.
#192 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:36:14 PM(UTC)
Could we get better slicks. Small tire/big tire. Launch control/stall! It would be nice if you guys had a advance tuning setting. This is suppose to be realistic racing game but we need more realistic tuning abilities..
 1 user liked this post.
#193 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 6:30:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Klimpen Go to Quoted Post
I don't really understand how hard it could be for you guys to make a decent drag-mode. You did it in, what - forza 2-3 ish? You could do your burnouts and a proper stage-in at the tree, and the time wasn't starting until your car crossed the starting line. I'm really hoping that you will fix these things in coming updates. I really enjoyed it back then, but I would really love it now with enhanced graphics and fysics.

Best regards from Sweden

forza never had burnouts or staging , and its always been the 3,2,1 countdown even back in fm3 when it was first introduced .

Originally Posted by: UnfairerWharf Go to Quoted Post
Could we get better slicks. Small tire/big tire. Launch control/stall! It would be nice if you guys had a advance tuning setting. This is suppose to be realistic racing game but we need more realistic tuning abilities..

forza is not realistic or even a sim , even one of the lead guys call it a SIMCADE game has some features that a sim game would have (damage ,fuel use, tire wear ) and the rest is the arcade racer

also many are asking for upgrades , but not many are looking at how they will affect the game overall.

we actually have a mini launch control right now if you hold your e brake or regular brake you can bring the car up to 2k ish rpm and launch , really nice we can finally use this on a drag strip (ty experimental mode )

Edited by user Friday, September 21, 2018 6:40:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#194 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 7:47:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: reaper mech Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Klimpen Go to Quoted Post

Best regards from Sweden

forza never had burnouts or staging , and its always been the 3,2,1 countdown even back in fm3 when it was first introduced .

Originally Posted by: UnfairerWharf Go to Quoted Post

forza is not realistic or even a sim , even one of the lead guys call it a SIMCADE game has some features that a sim game would have (damage ,fuel use, tire wear ) and the rest is the arcade racer

also many are asking for upgrades , but not many are looking at how they will affect the game overall.

we actually have a mini launch control right now if you hold your e brake or regular brake you can bring the car up to 2k ish rpm and launch , really nice we can finally use this on a drag strip (ty experimental mode )

Considering the homologation brackets/classes, the changes requested could be filtered out of other racing types.... or if there is DR class created, the light weight wheels (skinny front, barrel rear) , wheelie bar, low drag wing or any other drag related mods should be flagged for other race types..
While Forza Motorsport isn't a full SIM, adding a portion of the requests and keeping the load time short between passes will keep fans (new & old) playing.
 3 users liked this post.
#195 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 12:41:21 PM(UTC)
A couple cars to consider adding:

Fox Body coupe (1979-1993)
COPO Camaro (2014?)
Challenger Drag Pack (2011 V10)
Cobra Jet (2012)

Anything Tesla (for fun :))

GMC Cyclone/Typhoon

Longshot... Toyota Supra (1998+)

(more to follow)
 3 users liked this post.
#196 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 7:29:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TMR Metroid Go to Quoted Post
One huge thing though: Elapsed time, not total time, should be on the leaderboard. In real life, RT doesn't matter when setting a world/continental/track/personal record with the ET. Total time is only important when deciding who won a race.

This. ET is the only time that matters. Up against another player it's the first car to legally cross the line that wins so extending the "finish" past that makes no sense. Have the race still end when it does for replay purposes but all races and times should only be taken from the actual finish line.

Other suggestions:

* Automatic slo-mo photo finish replay for close (within 1 car length) finishes. Once the race is over you get a quick replay of the finish before the next menu.

* Better options for starts for people who use auto or manual without clutch instead of using the handbrake.

* More timing/race data.

* Pre-race burnouts with automatic staging.

* 1/8 mile racing.

* Automatic DQ for crossing centre line.

2 users liked this post.
#197 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 1:23:51 AM(UTC)
its off to a great start , would like them to improve their timing system for et ,60ft times to resemble real world numbers not to worried about all the extra upgrades as that would throw other parts of the game off .

a change in the tuning menu so we can drop tire pressures down to get a better foot print for better off the line traction , i know this would also change many things across the game as it would need a new tire model and physics system .

would it be possible to get rid of the pre car camera pan so we can have an extended time to set out rpms .

also deuces it is entirely possible to run 8s with gears higher than 4.33 , and 8k rpm is not really an issue for most irl v8 drag cars (but you better have more than a 2 gear power glide to do it , 3 spd is the minimum i would suggest to try that ) , getting a 9" x 28 under a 72 dart is super feasible if you have the correct rim offset and time to move some metal around with a hammer (mostly around the top edge of the wheel opening )

A powerglide has the same 1:1 final ratio as a TH350/400, which is also the 3rd gear ratio in a TH700 and 4L80E. My car has a Turboglide in it, a 2 speed TH400 and traps over 200mph. It's entirely possible for a hotrod to run 9s with 4.30+ gears, but they also have 33" tires and weight 2,500#. I don't know what it takes to get a 28" under a Dart, but I know it ain't easy to put them under a Fox.
 1 user liked this post.
#198 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 8:38:30 AM(UTC)
First off thanks for drag racing! So happy its back.
Ok, onto the feedback, while is a great start I feel the RWD physics are off. Any fully modded and properly tuned RWD car should be able to 60ft just as good as an AWD car or better. The RWD traction seems a bit off considering the upgrades available. Id say at least a 30% improvement in grip on the RWD cars when fully upgraded, possibly another drag tire option( wrinkle walls). Also, how about drag specific power upgrades?

Now onto some more hardcore stuff, Horsepower tuning would he cool, Horsepower by gear using tunable boost or fuel settings?

#199 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:05:31 AM(UTC)
Had to actually login for once to be able to post. Extremely happy that this was introduced. Drag racing just doesn't get the respect other disciplines do so thank you for adding it in! Considering what's feasible I think adding a burnout box and drag slicks would make it almost perfect. If it's all possible maybe giving us a drag car pack with Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock cars from the NHRA would be the icing on the cake!
 2 users liked this post.
#200 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 6:42:14 PM(UTC)

A powerglide has the same 1:1 final ratio as a TH350/400, which is also the 3rd gear ratio in a TH700 and 4L80E. My car has a Turboglide in it, a 2 speed TH400 and traps over 200mph. It's entirely possible for a hotrod to run 9s with 4.30+ gears, but they also have 33" tires and weight 2,500#. I don't know what it takes to get a 28" under a Dart, but I know it ain't easy to put them under a Fox.

looks like you are going for alot more width than height with your mini tub . you can hit 8s and still weight 3000+ lbs on a 28 inch tire .

but back on topic , bring this to multiplayer with a few more tracks for us to test out
10 Pages<<678910PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error