14 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:00:33 AM(UTC)
Hi there!

Well, i have tested the new experimental drag racing mode now and I can see a huge improvement compared to the "old" drag racing system in the game.
I like the new starting procedure, but I have to agree with the people above who stated that a warming up the tires before going to race would be great. Not only as a gimmick to picture the reality on a real life drag strip, but with real advantages with warmed up tires compared to cold ones. If that feature would be added too later on I would be thrilled by burning some rubber on the drag strip! 😃👍

But it's fantastic that there are new or improved features added to the game. That let's me dream on a championship feature again for single and multiplayer, where you can built your own championships consisting of a number of races with your own restrictions, rules and race point system. That would be awesome. Well here's me dreaming. 😁
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:38:19 AM(UTC)
I have played the Experimental drag gameplay for about an hour now and I have to say I love it. I like how Forza is expanding and bring different styles of racing together. I cant wait to see what its like when they bring multiplayer into effect. With as much as I love what Forza has done with the drag racing I do think they need to work on a couple small things. First thing I notice is even if I don't move off the start line my reaction time plays a factor on my overall time. So if my car runs a 9s and I sit on the line for 1 sec now I run a 10s. In a real life drag racing I would still run a 9s but I would have a 1 sec reaction time (I hope I explained that well). Second thing is there is no burnout to heat the tires. It would be great to be able to do a burnout before the race to heat the tires. And the last thing I can think of would be more tracks like the Test track air field. It seems like at the air field the track has more traction like it is "prep" for racing. It would be cool to see some tracks as "None prep" vs "prep". With all this being said I do love what you have now and I think it is a great step in the right direction.
#78 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:43:46 AM(UTC)
Dont think gonna get seen but. i would like to see something different. like roll races off the tree. i know that deff a stretch but i know that be sum i want to do..

but it need 2 step, burnout boxes, you should be able to stage your self with the help of 2 step and launch control. bigger drag tires, maybe different tacs for when yu drag racing. think outside the box. watch some ~~~1320 videos off youtube,. give us drag racing on that level.. we should be able to build these motors better than how we do now.. we should be able to run big power and be able to stage correctly and run that low 8 pass we want runnin good boost. i know im all over the place.. but i know sumone will see this and see where im going. add me on xbox one xlFoRzaXkInGlx. i got fm5,fm6,fm7,and fh2 and fh3. im down to play.
#79 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:52:18 AM(UTC)
This kept me busy all day, I enjoyed it that much that it’s got me really interested in drag racing.
Things I would like to see is .......
1 - Drag chutes to employ at the end
2 - Exploding engine on drag car if revved too hard
3 - More drag car body kits
4 - Some of them really long 1970s style drag racers
5 - Full replay so I can watch it in all its glory

Just a little more realism would be be nice, other than that .... great job

Keep up the awesome work.
#80 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:37:56 PM(UTC)
Im loving the new drag race changes.... The biggest thing to understand how to make drag racing better on forza 7 and fh4 would be to join one of the drag racing groups on facebook and get into one of the drag lobbies we set up.... i personally would love to have a little more time to brake boost before the tree starts and one way to accomplish this and increase the realistic feel of drag racing is to allow us to stage the cars at the line (bump in if you may)... my gamertag is iambsmooth if any of the team would like to get online with me and see how we race in multiplayer lobbies
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:48:19 PM(UTC)
Only things i can think of is rename the current drag tires to radials and add a more grippy tire and call it a slick. Maybe find a way of giving us different tree configs (sportsman, pro, instant green). Maybe a burnout box, that would throw a lot of people who have no idea off lol. And maybe a way to adjust the power mapping of our car (timing, fuel, boost, boost by gear) we already got spring rates and tire pressure to tinker with but power adjustments would be great . And some form of launch control that can be used on wheel or controller. That is all i can think of currently.
#82 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:30:42 PM(UTC)
I think NOS would be a good add on, as well as the option to run a skinny tire in the front. Bracket racing would be good, no fun racing your 10 sec A class car against the FF GTX. Boost gauge, burnout box, real tree... So far I am very happy!! Thank you
#83 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:43:06 PM(UTC)
Freakin love it, but we need to be able to do burn outs. Also need NHRA Drag Cars. You have every other racing circuit cars but drag cars. Need Funny Cars, Pro Stock, Pro Mod etc. Come on Turn 10 make it happen. Than it will be perfect. WHY OFF ROAD TRUCKS, AND CARS BUTNO OFF ROAD TRACKS???
#84 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:55:22 PM(UTC)
Quick way into drag races and restart it with no waiting time is perfect point to start but you should add the options to put along with the slick tires and choose wider or thicker drags wheels depending on the drivertrain of the car since the current set up its limited, also a better looking and funtional spoiler and front bumper, a wheelie bar if possible at the start a lil tire warm up like real drag competion

Also drag leaderboards are a mess! It set by time but categories shouls be organized by class, b agaisnt B and so on cause i cant beat a ( x class) car time but when i check the time i ran is there with all the clases instead my class unless im over the clasa should be fair and fun
#85 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:01:47 PM(UTC)
So far the new drag is great; with reaction times, a working drag tree lighting system, ability to hold RPMs, and fast loading times, it's a whole better than the old system. A few things that should be added to make this new system really standout are:
- Burnout boxes (to heat the tires for max traction for a better launch) - when in box, the temps for whatever drive tires will show (RWD, FWD, or if it's AWD, whatever the center more towards)
- A stickier track surface (only for drag strips)
- Thinner tire widths (it'll reduce weight and gain acceleration points, but will reduce handling dramatically)

These suggestions can be for FM7 or even FM8
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
 1 user liked this post.
#86 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:19:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
I like the progress so far. I like the time slip at the end. It's cool to know my reaction times and all the different splits. The quick return or whatever is pretty cool. There are a few things I am hoping for down the road as I k ow this is a work in progress.

Burn out and staging. This is a major portion of drag racing. This need to get integrated into this. Even if it's not the full, top fuel, half the track burnout and it's just a small spot to heat the Tires, we need it. Along with that, pulling into the beams is also huge. There are different strategies just in how one stages in a drag race. We should be able to pull up and light the tree. It's just how drag racing is done.

Upgrades. I understand this is where some get into an uproar, but if we're gonna do this thing, let's do it right!

1 There needs to be proper slicks. Drag tires have a very flexible side wall which is part of what helps the launch. What we have now is sorta like a drag radial, not as grippy. It would be good to have the true 36" x 16" Drag slick or a true 10.5" small tire. The small 4" wide front rim and tire.

2 Suspension. Wheelie bars and 4 link, should all be adjustable. Raising or lowering the wheelie bars can drastically change how a car will launch and drive down the road. Back halving cars or cutting out the underneath for weight and throwing huge drag slick under it. Physics that don't dictate that raising a car to the highest ride height equals quicker!

3 Engine and transmission. There needs to be huge power for drag racing. I'm not scoffing at 1000hp, I just know that these days most drag cars can and are pushing between 1500 hp on the low end on up to 3-4000 hp. There should be some engines for this. Giant cubic inch motors, turbos and superchargers with adjustable boost. All the power adders including nitros. Before you all shout no way, I'm NOT talking about need for speed most wanted, do some drifting and add more NOS like. But true to life nitros kits. 100 shot, 200, multiple kit setups.

4 spoilers. Actual drag style spoilers and body kits. Not much more to add for that one,

5. I'm sure it's coming at some point, but more tracks than just Dubia.

When I'm more awake and have more time I want to throw a few pics on here showing the stuff in talking about. Been too long a day, I just wanted to give my input after my first go round with this. I also want to add that I know many don't want to see new upgrades. Mostly for fear that things would show up elsewhere and ruin the other disciplines of racing that are in the game. To me, the simple fix woild.be to make "drag" upgrades ONLY available if drag racing. Or at least not in online public or rivals. GT3 did that back in the 90s when they had a few dirt tracks that you could only drive on with dirt tires. That was 20 years ago, lol.

I absolutely thank and applaud Turn 10 for finally throwing us drag racers a little love! Thank you guys!

Well said its almost the way im thinking and posted it, also ill dag section for each class and leadearsboard cause i hate set times in some class and are compared to x class wich is the fastest also organize it where you can see which driver hold the fastest time for awd b class or fwd a class) and build a car for a specific class and a leaderboard for each category in the 3 sections according to drivertrain
#87 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:25:50 PM(UTC)
Definitely a lot more fun now. Would be nice to have 1/2 and full mile too. Maybe someday it will be realistic enough to get some proper launches.
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:33:22 PM(UTC)
I like the fact that you are able to break boost instead of going off of revs. There are a few things you need too add in that its missing, it definitely needs full staging burn out boxes, and if your going to go toward Drag Racing, we need a drag pack expansion were we can increase motor output, skinnier tires, drag suspension, wheelie bars, the potential is endless with this. This long over due like many people have said before me. The tree in game needs to work that way we can get rid of the Hud Display if we want too. This is the startings of something really great if you add in more too it. Don't let this be the last experiment, this is what over 10 thousand pages of people have been screaming for across twitter, reddit and here. Hopefully you listen to the community and read very closely too the top 25 responses. Keep adding too this and Motor sport wont die long after Horizon comes around as it will have what most racers have been begging for from the beginning.
 1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:22:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DJ Asthma1 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Guys and Girls,

Love the update, was hooked last night, wanted to take a day off work just to keep playing. There is an issue that seems not get fixed in Forza, where when driving Homologated Cars, with the AI set to Unbeatable and no limits on driver agression, the AI Cars break the Homologation rules (ran races in Modern Hot Hatche where the AI running a Magane RS was clocking over 370KW which is illegal, https://forums.forzamoto...ivision.aspx#post_769703 , where they should have around 223 KW). This is something that is in all race mode and is a forza issue (I think it is linked to how the drivatars are supposed to keep up with you on that difficulty, as i have not seen it elsewhere) , I shall record it and share a link to it in the near future.

Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/x_C5tJEVCoE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x_C5tJEVCoE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The same is seen in experimental drag too as noted above, the reaction-time helps, but AI can still chase you down unfairly.

I wanted to elaborate that the unfair speeds posted by the Unbeatable AI seems to fluctuate on a per-car basis. If I raced with the 2018 Civic Type-R, Focus RS, or the Hatchback Mercedes AMG Forza Edition, the Fiesta ST that I was competing against would typically post a trap speed <=100 mph. But if I used other cars in the class, the Fiesta ST I was racing would post trap speeds of 106-111 mph. This was particularly frustrating seeing my Veloster N getting beat by the AI on seemingly artificial pretenses.

The only other thing I noticed was if you weren't revving the engine at launch to the point you were spinning the tires (i.e. 3-4K RPMs in a FWD Modern Hot Hatch Car), there would be up to a .4 second delay from when you engaged the clutch to when the car would detect that the clutch was engaged and start to move. During this delay,the engine just revs like the car was in neutral . This may be a result of me using a gamepad controller instead of a full race wheel and pedal setup, but I feel like if I'm dumping the clutch even at 3K RPM, the car should still move instead of continuing to rev. This was particularly annoying while in one of the FWD vehicles that was causing the Fiesta ST I was racing to run at a 110+ trap speed because it would throw off my "response time" on top of already having a top speed handicap.

Oh yeah, and the AI totally drove into and finished the race in my lane one time. Not really sure what that was all about, but a barrier in-between the lanes is probably a good idea.

P.S. I wanted to give kudos to Turn 10 and company for building FM7 in such a way that you can release beta test features to the public in production. Just the fact that the new drag racing UI is pretty seamless to launch and doesn't crash the game under load is impressive and something that I deeply appreciate.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:32:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:32:34 PM(UTC)
Would like to have burnout box and instead of hitting a reset button, you have to drive back to the line on return strip. Would really heighten the realism.
#91 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:34:13 PM(UTC)
Its booring. You wait for the 3.2.1 and hold one Button, thats all. In other Games Drag Racing was more Interesting. Or do i miss something?
#92 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:08:38 PM(UTC)
I like the new format. As a clutch slipper, my only concern is that i would like to hold a much higher rpm pre launch. Could a line lock be installed?

I like that the leaderboards will accurately show trans brake launch times now
"Nothing said is true".
 1 user liked this post.
#93 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:25:33 AM(UTC)
Hey Turn 10

Thanks for adding the experimental drag system - it's really cool. I really like the reaction and 60 foot times!!

There are a couple of things which I feel would improve the experience.

Pre-staging:
Burnouts are an important part of drag-racing to pre-heat the tyres, usually you're allowed at least one pre-stage burnout, sometimes two. Maybe a time limit of (say) 30 seconds for burnout(s) before needing to be staged. I have my drag cars in-game with "race brakes" to put the braking bias fully to the front, this acts like a line-loc device allowing better burnouts.

Staging:
It would be awesome to stage yourself - as in - place the front wheels into the staging lights (perhaps with some visual guide if difficult to see/do). Some drivers like to sit differently in the staging area than others.

Random light initiation:
Be cool if the Christmas-Tree orange "ready lights" began at a random interval once both cars have staged.

Track limits:
Leaving the lane should disqualify the driver.

More drag based vehicle customisation:
Super-thin front wheels, wheelie bars, different suspension options like 4-link rear ends, gearboxes, NITROS OXIDE, etc. How awesome would a parachute be!!!!!

More tracks (1/8 mile racing is good too) and of course - multiplayer...

Driving back from the race finish would also heighten realism, perhaps as an option?

:)

Thank you very much, keep up the great work.

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:27:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#94 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:42:00 AM(UTC)
I'm impressed with what you have done so far and am looking forward to seeing it completed.

Go look up a game called Nitto 1320 and just copy what they did and you'll have a great Drag Racing mode!

The problems with what is currently in the game is.

LED lights on the Sportsman Tree is a no go. They should be incandescent bulbs that take 0.10 seconds to fully illuminate. It might sound like nick picking, but the bulbs are very very important.

Staging is a mess. It feels like the car is deep staged instead of just breaking the stage beam. This, combined with the LED bulbs makes it feel alien to me. Not good for someone who drag races and has a muscle memory built up.

Remove the reaction time from the elapsed time when the race finishes.

The track is slippery as blank... Scraped no prep tracks have more traction than this poor excuse of a tack. Get some rubber on the surface and keep VHT on the first 100' at least. Grassroots drag cars with a 10.5 ET Street can easily put down mid 1.20 short times. 275 Radial cars are putting down sub .99 60'.

Things that I like:
Quick Quick and Quick, love it.
RT and 60' showing up live is awesome and let's me know if I'm on a record pass so far and need to nail my shifts, or I made a bad hit and just row the gears out the back.

Things I want to see.
Copy Nitto 1320 racing format. (Needed)
Drag Racing wheels. I want beadlocks on the back wheels only
Drag Racing tires, give me a bias ply slick for the back and some front runners
Drag Racing suspension. All we need is a way to change the Instant Center of the car and we can use the same 2-way Double Adjustable Shocks and Springs that are in the game.
Pro-Line 481X Engine Swap for all cars
Drag Racing cosmetic items would be pretty cool Mico transaction items for people who want to help with the development costs.
 3 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:03:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deuces WiId Go to Quoted Post
I'm impressed with what you have done so far and am looking forward to seeing it completed.

Go look up a game called Nitto 1320 and just copy what they did and you'll have a great Drag Racing mode!

The problems with what is currently in the game is.

LED lights on the Sportsman Tree is a no go. They should be incandescent bulbs that take 0.10 seconds to fully illuminate. It might sound like nick picking, but the bulbs are very very important.

Staging is a mess. It feels like the car is deep staged instead of just breaking the stage beam. This, combined with the LED bulbs makes it feel alien to me. Not good for someone who drag races and has a muscle memory built up.

Remove the reaction time from the elapsed time when the race finishes.

The track is slippery as blank... Scraped no prep tracks have more traction than this poor excuse of a tack. Get some rubber on the surface and keep VHT on the first 100' at least. Grassroots drag cars with a 10.5 ET Street can easily put down mid 1.20 short times. 275 Radial cars are putting down sub .99 60'.

Things that I like:
Quick Quick and Quick, love it.
RT and 60' showing up live is awesome and let's me know if I'm on a record pass so far and need to nail my shifts, or I made a bad hit and just row the gears out the back.

Things I want to see.
Copy Nitto 1320 racing format. (Needed)
Drag Racing wheels. I want beadlocks on the back wheels only
Drag Racing tires, give me a bias ply slick for the back and some front runners
Drag Racing suspension. All we need is a way to change the Instant Center of the car and we can use the same 2-way Double Adjustable Shocks and Springs that are in the game.
Pro-Line 481X Engine Swap for all cars
Drag Racing cosmetic items would be pretty cool Mico transaction items for people who want to help with the development costs.

Agree, I'd definitely be willing to contribute financially, either in the form of a dlc or microtransactions.

Also, Nitto 1320 Challenge and its successor Nitto Legends were amazing!

PC: i7-8700k @5GHz, 16GB DDR4-3600, RTX 2080 Super Hybrid
Rig: Fanatec DD1, R300/911GT3 wheel, v3 pedals, CS v1.5 shifter; ButtKicker G2
A/V: ROG Strix 49" 32:9 monitor; Trust Tytan 5.1

http://linktr.ee/chojinzo
#96 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:54:15 AM(UTC)
I loved the feature with lights and false start. For me it was lagged a bit. Great fun. Love to see it in multiplayer. Overall it was GREAT
#97 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:04:16 PM(UTC)
Im currently no.1 in world and americas in the non homologated division.(gt40) I have to say, i love this new mode, but there are a few things in my opinion, that need a little work. Things i like are the new grip level on the non test tracks are amazing. I like how you cant really use the zero break preasure glitch. I do wish we could fix that on test track as well. I love the new reward system. I love showing the Reaction times and having to launch your vehicle manually. What i dont like i found it easy to just memorise the timing and get perfect to near perfect RTs 75% of the time. Once i learned the timing it felt more of an annoyance going for the leaderboard time, that feeling may change during a multiplayer match. At the same time, having the RT does cause tuning to take longer. My last dig would be my concern during public matches, lag and sync issues may be frustrating having the extra RT element. Other than that, i say its a keeper, i really enjoy it. And im ready to race my friends with this mode.

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:49:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo and added couple things

1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:12:46 PM(UTC)
I like it so far! There are a lot of things i hope will be part of the full release. I won't get into that because who knows.... just maybe. I would be in heaven if Turn 10 could produce some type of nhra license and have some pro stocks. Oh man that would be amazing!
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:56:56 PM(UTC)
It's not the most efficient way to get down the track, but it's the most fun.

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:59:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#100 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:15:14 PM(UTC)
I LOVE it it how drag races are done in the1st place always been into the drag racing NASCAR funny car dad was a firefighter every time the drag races happen he took me to watch them again I LOVE IT Please keep it in the game FOR GOD SAKE KEEP IT.
14 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error