This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
13 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:07:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TMR Metroid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Question: Is the countdown length at the start of a race the same every time?

If so I feel that some form of variance should be added so that there’s a greater challenge to nailing a “perfect” reaction time. With a preset countdown length the start sequence becomes more about prediction than reaction in my opinion.

Side note: I hope this means that jump starts (and associated penalties) will become an option for circuit races in the future.

IRL, once you’re staged, the tree falls at the same rate every time. So having variation is unrealistic.

That's not true. Different tracks/classes/events use 2 types of trees. I believe a "pro tree" has the time between staged and green are always a little different. That way it's not a matter of getting the rhythm of that particular tree and always launching the same. You actually have to watch and react, not guess.

There is also a static, constant interval tree. I'm tired and I not up to looking up the "proper" terms for each of these. I just know that in the really real world, the trees are not always lit at a constant interval.

The tree drop is the same. Pro tree drop (.400 from amber to green) is constant to pro tree, sportsman tree (.500 between each of the 3 ambers then green)is constant to sportsman tree.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree_(drag_racing)

I'm glad you had it in you to look it up. Like I said, I was running on no sleep for a couple days. I knew there wasn't one constant. I also forgot about "instant green". There you have no ambers after staging. Just the staging lights, then straight to green. More "street" like. I've seen this at Nopreps quite a bit.

I didn’t need to look it up, I just added the link to back my point. In game, we have a sportsman tree that is constant. What PJTierney was asking for is variance in the tree between races to stop it being muscle memory launching rather than a ‘true’ reaction. As we only have one tree, it has to stay constant between runs. Even if a pro tree was added for certain classes, the time between amber and green would still remain the same between runs.

Alright man. Happy that you “didn’t have to look it up”. My point still stands as a few people have said along with YOU. There ARE different trees that are timed differently. Pro and sportsman, (and the instant green), THAT was my point, after I read your post saying it’s always the same. No reason to get condescending about this.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#52 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:17:16 AM(UTC)
FROTHING!

Absolutely loving it. Looking forward to having it on all drag tracks and distances.

as mentioned already,

pre-stage burnout and staging need to be added
choice of actual tree or HUD tree currently in place
if we can get actual drag slicks, that would be cool... and tyre shake!
#53 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:44:21 AM(UTC)

Alright man. Happy that you “didn’t have to look it up”. My point still stands as a few people have said along with YOU. There ARE different trees that are timed differently. Pro and sportsman, (and the instant green), THAT was my point, after I read your post saying it’s always the same. No reason to get condescending about this.

I apologise if that is how it came across. I misunderstood your point and was trying to clarify. Again, I’m sorry. Hopefully see you in the staging lanes once this goes live online. :D
PC: i7-8700k @4.8GHz, 16GB@3600, 1080ti
Rig: Fanatec CSL-E, BMW GT2/McLaren GT3 wheels, CS shifter & handbrake; ButtKicker G2
A/V: MSI AG32CQ curved 32” 1440p 144hz; SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset

http://mixer.com/chojinzo
#54 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:52:11 AM(UTC)
A PROPER burnout out box that effect the way one launches(not just a cold and hot off an on switch). Actual race looking slicks with 13-15 inch wheels an tires that actually used in the sport. Also PROPER STAGING, I usually just drift and some circuit racing but now i can start taking drag racing on forza serious now that turn10 is.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:57:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#55 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:07:48 AM(UTC)
There must be a wall between cars.
One car can't get before the second and block his time.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:12:19 AM(UTC)

I apologise if that is how it came across. I misunderstood your point and was trying to clarify. Again, I’m sorry. Hopefully see you in the staging lanes once this goes live online. :D

Right on man. Fully admit I tend to get defensive. PJ knows this, lol. So, sorry on my end as well. Man, lack of sleep has an effect! Whew.

Anyway, absolutely looking forward to getting some good racing in for sure.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#57 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:59:43 AM(UTC)
Really good, much better than the standard. Great fun to try and get the best reaction time.
I'd really like to have leader boards divided by car class.
I got a 10.80 in a B class car which I thought was pretty good but I can only compare it to everyone else's fastest car so I have no idea.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:04:03 AM(UTC)
edit: nevermind.... just noticed return to lobby function

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:08:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#59 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:13:34 AM(UTC)
Hi Forza Team!

I tried your new Experimental Drag. Congrats for hard work . It is very usable . I can advice you in my opinion it is better Hide "Christmas Tree" after the Start because if i broke parts , broken notification are in background and Christmas Tree is in foreground . And unfortunatelly i should notify you about a "collision bug" . See my picture :-) .
It is not a Critical bug , but ….
If you go near the end of the initial wall that divide two start lane , collision event not detected and you can pass through the wall ;-) (if you want contact me and i ll give you my screen capture)

Thanks
Fabio

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:17:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:21:31 AM(UTC)
Overall this seems good. Great improvement! I think the tree drops a little slow? Maybe it's "right" how it is and I just perceive it to be slow but possibly something to look at.

Related to the speed of the tree. This is totally an it would be a cool thing to add sort of thing but isn't going to make or break the feature. I'd like to see an option to have a pro tree or the sportsman tree. Pro tree being all three yellows light at once vs sportsman being how it is with one yellow at a time.

I love the ability to rerun without loading. Being able to tune between rounds and not have to load again was awesome.
#61 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:27:16 AM(UTC)
Pre stage burnout, I thought was supposed to be in the update, would be nice.

Having total time is nice but your pass should be based off your et, not total time.

The tree is nice option for instant green pro tree would be cool.

Definitely would be cool to have drag race option in meetup. (Player picks another player) type call out if you accept them you both are brought into the race.

Class leaderboards, and individual car leaderboards are needed.

Ability to race ghosts of people on leaderboards ( instead of random si car.

Definitely need more tracks and multiplayer (great start though definitely enjoying it so far)
#62 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:41:42 AM(UTC)
Hey Guys and Girls,

Love the update, was hooked last night, wanted to take a day off work just to keep playing. There is an issue that seems not get fixed in Forza, where when driving Homologated Cars, with the AI set to Unbeatable and no limits on driver agression, the AI Cars break the Homologation rules (ran races in Modern Hot Hatche where the AI running a Magane RS was clocking over 370KW which is illegal, https://forums.forzamoto...vision.aspx#post_769703 , where they should have around 223 KW). This is something that is in all race mode and is a forza issue (I think it is linked to how the drivatars are supposed to keep up with you on that difficulty, as i have not seen it elsewhere) , I shall record it and share a link to it in the near future.

Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/x_C5tJEVCoE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x_C5tJEVCoE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The same is seen in experimental drag too as noted above, the reaction-time helps, but AI can still chase you down unfairly.

What i would like to see implemented is :

1. Manual Staging (let the player stage)
2. Burnout Box (Drag Racing is not trully drag racing without a burnout session)
3. Holeshots Clarity (notification that the race was won via holeshot)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:43:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ADDED NOTE THAT I SHALL ADD A LINK TO THE VIDEO EVIDENCE OF THIS IN THE FUTURE

#63 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:01:15 AM(UTC)
Enjoying the update. No major complaints. Please bring it to multiplayer. At least private online games.
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:06:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mrpicolas Go to Quoted Post
Pre stage burnout, I thought was supposed to be in the update, would be nice.

Having total time is nice but your pass should be based off your et, not total time.

The tree is nice option for instant green pro tree would be cool.

Definitely would be cool to have drag race option in meetup. (Player picks another player) type call out if you accept them you both are brought into the race.

Class leaderboards, and individual car leaderboards are needed.

Ability to race ghosts of people on leaderboards ( instead of random si car.

Definitely need more tracks and multiplayer (great start though definitely enjoying it so far)

This above is basically my wishlist but so far I'm thrilled. A long overdue and welcome addition to drag racing. Well done Turn 10!!
#65 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:15:10 AM(UTC)
The idea is nice,I appreciate a different game and I agree with almost all suggestion made right now...
... but now I can't go back to standard single player game,
how can I switch and go back to standard mode (no Experimental drag)?

ok, i did it.. but it was no so easy :)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:37:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:26:30 AM(UTC)
A few other things we have been asking for is visuals, tire and rim specs, suspension specs, burnouts, staging, nitrous and full force inductions. As far as visuals- I feel that all muscle cars should have a blower sticking out of the hood, not pre-selected options for certain cars. Should also have aluminum drag wing and wheelie bars that are functional. In addition to purchasing the exhaust system, the original stock exhaust system should change also. Now for tires and rim specs- they have given us tire width, however they need to also give us tire height and allow for skinny tires in the front. We need the availability to decrease the rim size and the option to have different size rims in front/back of car and the options to have different types of rims. Furthermore suspension specs - for tuning the suspension in the car, there is not much going on with the front suspension. With that being said, there needs to be individual tuning with the right and left shocks and springs. For front and rear wheel drive cars there should be some type of weight transfer tuning between front and rear added to the cars. There should be some type of burnout box, that should also effect drag racing in the game. For example too less of a burnout could cause the car to loose traction off the line or too much of a burnout could cause the same thing or the tires could become tacky and casue tire shake for a car with over a thousand horsepower. When staging- after your burnout you should be allowed 15 seconds to stage your car. The space when staging your car- should be able to stage shallow or deep and within that space it should be 7 tenths. Finally nitrous and full force inductions- any car should have the choice between single and twin turbos. This also goes for super charging. All muscle car and most imports should have the choice between cyntrifugal, twin screw, or roots blowers not preselected options on certain models. We also need to have nitrous in the game and keeping it simple - you would have power and duration for tuning. Also provide a 2nd shot of nitrus and we should be able to put it on any gear we choose after 1st gear with the same power and duration. Most of all, all cars need to be balanced, meaning that one car shouldn't be faster then the other, a even playing field. Then there should be a proper launch control / 2 Step implemented in the tuning gallery so that we can set or desired RPM to leave the line using the a button to activate it and getting on the gas like how it works right now , we need a boost gauge next to the tachometer on the screen and if possible a functioning boost controller...... if all this could be implemented in the game I'll guarantee you Forza will have the best Drag Racing game in the history of the consoles
#67 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:08:39 AM(UTC)
I really like it so far, i just think you should at a burn-out zone to heat up the tyres to make it a bit more realistic, just a simple burn-out and them you can line up for the race using the lights to see how far you should drive, just like in real life. Make the race's without restrictions just make it per car class, add some different tracks to and a roll out zone where you can see your time and finishing speed allready, the rest i like so far, good job guys
#68 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:38:40 AM(UTC)
Never cared about or participated in much drag racing before, so I was shocked at how much time I spent on it, yesterday, and how much fun it was. It was addictive, trying to eke out just the tiniest improvements. I think the rapid return to start without a lot of pass-through screens was the secret ingredient.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:49:29 AM(UTC)

Make a real working 3d tree , so we can choose hud or the real tree
CPU: I7 4790K 4.4Ghz
GPU: Asus Strix 980 OC 4GB 1400Mhz
Ram: Crucial Smart Tracer 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz
SSD: Samsung Evo 250GB + 500GB
#70 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:58:50 AM(UTC)
I'll second the DQ for crossing the center line, and still reporting all of the stats when a redlight DQ happens suggestions.

Originally Posted by: mrpicolas Go to Quoted Post

What am I not understanding here? Total time is et plus the reaction time. If the pass was just based on et then you could sit at the light for 3 seconds run your pass and still win, basing the results on et alone gets rid of the whole point of drag racing.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:05:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#71 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:21:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: floydautomotion Go to Quoted Post
Most of all, all cars need to be balanced, meaning that one car shouldn't be faster then the other, a even playing field.

I understand the idea here, trying to keep the contest between drivers, but it kinda goes against the very spririt of the sport.

Having some well thought out classes might be a good middle ground.

IE: small block, big block, weight, suspension geometry, boosted/non-boosted etc. . .

Personal note: When my friends and I do competitive drag build offs, I tend to get limited by them. It's not my fault you can build an A class '32 to run mid-high 8s RWD . . .

ADDITIONAL:

A complete overhaul, pun intended, of the engine upgrade system is definitely a change I want to see.

There's so much that a real-world machine shop can do to an engine block/set of heads that the game ignores.*

*Look up a racer by the named of Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins.

Here an HRM article about him: https://www.google.com/a...09-pro-stock-engine/amp/

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:33:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Almost as rusty as the cars he paints.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:54:59 AM(UTC)
I'm unable to change free play to anything other than experimental drag racing. It always defaults to it with what ever car i choose, is there any way to change it back to the default mode
#73 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:19:57 AM(UTC)
Love it but still some work to do. There are only a few things holding drag racing back in this game. The biggest is the two 1400HP+ cars in normal lobbies. Please give us burnouts, staging and variable tree timing (on track would be nice). I would also love to see the American Muscle Drag brought back (US Made, Pre-80, RWD, 1200HP limiter). One thing that I would like to see is Top Fuel Dragsters as well for use in a new lobby.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:06:39 AM(UTC)
Experimental drag feedback

In my opinion this is great . This is what forza has been missing and finally something for the drag racers .
I love it but there are some things that need to be added and pr changed .
1 burnout box we need to be able to roll up do a burnout to get our tires nice and sticky
2 after our burnout we need to be able to roll up to the tree and pre-stage and then stage our self's
3 on my opinion it needs to DQ you of you cross into the other lane
4 it would also be nice of we could switch what type of tree we want to use to race wit reg,pro tree, instant green ect and it would be nice if the tree on the track actually worked
5 we need to be able to switch tracks and go online in multiplayer and use this ...witch I'm sure will come later when yall get it all done . But over yall it's good been waiting for something like this for a while now so THANK YOU

And my last thing isnt about this feature but I'm going to put it out there anyways . I along with friends think and would love for yall to add more pick-up trucks .street trucks chevy 454 ss, ford lightning, a Chevy s10, Chevy luv, Toyota xrunner, dodge srt10, maybe newer style swb pickups ford Chevy and dodge. Would be nice to have some actual diesel pickups in the game as well to build and drag ppl with but thank you guys for putting this out like I said earlier this is what me and alot of others have been waiting for and forza 7 and forza in general needed this and its finally here thanks guys have a good day

1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:51:41 AM(UTC)
I think its great so far.
We need
-drag leaderboard set up like fm5 (separate leaderboards from each class, and make the awd rwd and fwd separate from eachother)
- a little more time to stage up.
-a drag transmission wouldnt be a bad idea. Allowing us to tune our transbrake.(rpm the car launches at)
-and for it to be in multiplayer asap.
Everybody from the drag community loves it and im in it pretty deep.
Add Funkyfatman810 for good drag racing

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:55:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

13 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error