14 Pages<<121314Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#326 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 3:28:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JBMotorworks Go to Quoted Post
Hi

I've drag raced on Forza since FM3 and still to this day on FM7 and FH4

Its been over a year since Experimental drag was added. I understand that even though there are a lot of die-hard drag racing fans like me who play, the actual amount is relatively small so I'm not surprised that there has been no response to the feedback T10 asked for. However I would love to see a proper drag race online mode. Below is some feed back and observations on Experimental Drag....

1. No disqualification for crossing the centre line - Being disqualified for crossing the centre line is a fundamental rule in Drag racing so I was surprised it wasn't implemented.

2. Track choice - FM7 has Sonoma Race way (a real NHRA drag strip) and Hockenheim (a real FIA drag strip) but neither have the prep/stickiness of a real drag strip like the Test Track does.
If you're going to give incremental times like 60ft etc for the tuners then we need the real grip of the test track or a real prepped strip.

3. R/T, 60ft, 1/4 mile time and speed displayed on the timing "ticket" - adding 1/8th mile (half track) numbers would be great.

4. Bring back 1/8th mile! Like on FM3 (or FM4, I can't remember!)

5. Red light - In real life if you red light after the tree is activated your time is still displayed. The only time you get no time is if you leave so early the tree is not activated.

6. Staging - I don't mind not getting a full burnout procedure but there should at least be a staging window so you can place your car deep or shallow in the beams if you wish.

7. Bump box / Line lock / Rev Limiter

8. Drag suspension / Tubbed rear arches / Adjustable wheelie bars

9. Run down area - Instead of cutting to results straight after the finish line it'd be cool to have to get your own car stopped and turned off at the end. Maybe parachutes? (Now I'm getting ahead of my self haha)

10. Bespoke classes / brackets - Option to dictate Minimum E.T / minimum weight / drivetrain / engine type in lobby options.

It'd be great to know there is still interest in this topic and working being done.

Also any fellow drag racers If you fancy a race I'm in RWD Drag or Open Test track lobbies most nights UK time!

Thanks for reading

This would make a great stand alone forza game
#327 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 6:16:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mazrik1JZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JBMotorworks Go to Quoted Post
Hi

I've drag raced on Forza since FM3 and still to this day on FM7 and FH4

Its been over a year since Experimental drag was added. I understand that even though there are a lot of die-hard drag racing fans like me who play, the actual amount is relatively small so I'm not surprised that there has been no response to the feedback T10 asked for. However I would love to see a proper drag race online mode. Below is some feed back and observations on Experimental Drag....

1. No disqualification for crossing the centre line - Being disqualified for crossing the centre line is a fundamental rule in Drag racing so I was surprised it wasn't implemented.

2. Track choice - FM7 has Sonoma Race way (a real NHRA drag strip) and Hockenheim (a real FIA drag strip) but neither have the prep/stickiness of a real drag strip like the Test Track does.
If you're going to give incremental times like 60ft etc for the tuners then we need the real grip of the test track or a real prepped strip.

3. R/T, 60ft, 1/4 mile time and speed displayed on the timing "ticket" - adding 1/8th mile (half track) numbers would be great.

4. Bring back 1/8th mile! Like on FM3 (or FM4, I can't remember!)

5. Red light - In real life if you red light after the tree is activated your time is still displayed. The only time you get no time is if you leave so early the tree is not activated.

6. Staging - I don't mind not getting a full burnout procedure but there should at least be a staging window so you can place your car deep or shallow in the beams if you wish.

7. Bump box / Line lock / Rev Limiter

8. Drag suspension / Tubbed rear arches / Adjustable wheelie bars

9. Run down area - Instead of cutting to results straight after the finish line it'd be cool to have to get your own car stopped and turned off at the end. Maybe parachutes? (Now I'm getting ahead of my self haha)

10. Bespoke classes / brackets - Option to dictate Minimum E.T / minimum weight / drivetrain / engine type in lobby options.

It'd be great to know there is still interest in this topic and working being done.

Also any fellow drag racers If you fancy a race I'm in RWD Drag or Open Test track lobbies most nights UK time!

Thanks for reading

This would make a great stand alone forza game

Agreed. Couldn't ask for much more. It's a much overlooked game mode, most don't give it the respect its deserves. I've tried for years posting here, lol. If I had a hand in Turn 10, I'd be striking while there are folks like me that had such high "hopes" for Street Outlaws, I was hoping for at least as good as Doorslammers. A phone game. But if Turn 10 were to put out a decent Drag Racing car pack, a few drag spec upgrades or at least take another step forward with the Exp Drag. Something!! But so far, a perpetually untapped market!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#328 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 10:19:47 PM(UTC)
Hi I am new to Xbox and only like to race cars - I have Forza 7 and Rally 2 - My question if anyone can answer is - in Forza 7 I like to go Single Player - Free Player I have been racing on all tracks and then experimental drag popped up and I tried it. The system will not allow me back to other tracks to practice and every time I go to Free player it reverts back to drag race in Dubai.
#329 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 5:25:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AnakalaRon Go to Quoted Post
It's lost until FM8.
But for those of us wanting a Drag Racing Purist game with wheelie bars, wrinkle walls, real blowers, and a water box. We better turn to EA or some other dev for a purist stand alone game. Even I'm not interested in a Drag Racing game that specialized. Wouldn't buy it.
For a Forza implementation a good tree and factual tuning such as butt gears that actually work like real world butt gears. Simple solutions which can be worked into the current format. An additional "suspension" for drag maybe which can give us ladder bars or four link. Something simple and similar to the drift suspension package but with drag specific tunings.
Don't expect Turn10 to over engineer FM8 to fit in a total drag sim package. But a better compromise than what we've seen in the past would be a very welcome addition.
Definitely it would need to have better matchups for AI races than what the experimental drag version gave us.
And an online version could very easily include a bracket racing system.
As for the length or race a standard drag race is 1/4 mile. So let's lose all this 1/8, 1/2 and 1mi garbage. 1/8 maybe if they can see their way to give us dirt tracks and sand strips. Because the 1/8 drag is the standard for dirt and sand.

I agree with most of your comment except the part about the 1/2 and 1 mile. I wasn't interested in those races until I started trying to be competitive in multiplayer, and it turns out those are the funnest races.

Right now I'd be happy if they could implement the Experimental Drag start in multiplayer on different tracks and include the 1/2 and 1 mile. It would improve multiplayer and that's really where the money (and the fun) is at in games like this.

#330 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 4:24:53 PM(UTC)
the data feedback at the end is good, but it needs TRACKBITE like the test course does or even stickier, non of the car hook up traction here. Its pretty ridiculous that all the strips dont have the glue in the first couple feet how a real drag strip does.
#331 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:53:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Donsa5485 Go to Quoted Post
Hi I am new to Xbox and only like to race cars - I have Forza 7 and Rally 2 - My question if anyone can answer is - in Forza 7 I like to go Single Player - Free Player I have been racing on all tracks and then experimental drag popped up and I tried it. The system will not allow me back to other tracks to practice and every time I go to Free player it reverts back to drag race in Dubai.

Hi,
I have the same problem!
Please send a screenshot where to we need to clickt to get from this mode out.
Many thanks.
#332 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 4:49:10 AM(UTC)
Hello,
Click race setup then change game type.
#333 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 7:41:07 PM(UTC)
A simpler way to have drag to be multiplayer the way it is right now would be asynchronous. You have the Drivatar data, just have it learn or approximate launches. Set Super 8 or 16 brackets with drivatars, Lets us have the control we do while setting up races. We could set drivetrain, horsepower, tire, weight, etc Similar to the Forza Horizon 4 blueprint system, let us create events with our rules and have them cycle. Let us create our bracket matches for our friends, with our blueprint rules. Everyone will set their times and those times/ghosts/drivatars will fill the brackets. Have the option to save your blueprint matches in your console and as your times and your friends get better, so does the bracket. This can be an aside to any betterment in the drag mode in future iterations as well. That way you can race your friends and they race you even when you cant coincide on times. Again, don't know if it can be done or how hard it is to implement, but it would be a start

Also, as previously stated prepped surfaces, and if drag specific parts are planned, those as well
#334 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 4:05:07 PM(UTC)
Been a long time forza fan, since the very first forza, this definitely one of the best decisions you guy have done in a long time, I would really like to see this in mulit player!, I have really slowed down on playing forza due to waiting for something like this to come about, please please include this in the multi player, I know I am one person but I’m pretty sure I can speak for a lot of fans, forza needs to come back around for the 2,3 &4 forza, the older cars, the motor swaps, I really hope this reignites something!
#335 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 2:27:26 AM(UTC)
I haven't posted on here in a very long time. Seems as nice as it always seemed to be able to just stay home and play gets really old after a little bit.

I've written again and again on this thread since they first started and asked for feedback, also on many of my own threads and wishlist threads about drag racing and upgrades. I hope maybe FM8 will think about some of the great ideas on this thread from alot of people. There are alot more people that dig drag racing than folks think. Done right, its alot more complicated than AWD(which i hate!), V12(also hate) mash the gas and go. If little things were implemented it could be really competitive and fun.

I've said for years that I feel like there should be an upgrade path. Road, track, drift, drag, rally, etc. Once you choose a path, there would be specific upgrades for that type of racing. They've come kinda close to that a couple times but always fall.short of making it work. I guve you the Rally transmission in Storm Island. Couldn't go rallying without it. Or the recent edition of "drift suspension". Sorta a thing, I guess. It would be nice ro be able to make any car behave and look like the drift specific cars that we've been given, procharger and turbo intakes coming through the hoods, body kits, drift and drag that would actually be on those type of cars.

One of the biggest things that would make me happy would be to be able to pick the drag upgrades and get whatever size tire package I want. Like the proper little 4" front tires, skinnies, along with proper rear tires for all tbats, whatever car I choose. No more 245 being the biggest back tire. Or like the '65 mustang with the biggest of 275. Yes that is a real world drag class, but why not let us go to 345?

Along those lines, engines. Make all V8s available for qhatever you want to run. Its been most frustrating in FH4 because all these newer cars have the big block V8s available. The 7.0 and the 7.2 racing. Like the Starion and Trueno came with the 7.2 available and the biggest tire was like 265 I think. Might be wrong about that but the point is, these cars that make no sense to have such a big V8 availible have them but standard, been in the game forever cars like a '69 Camaro can get a 6.2 ls, a V10 or V12. Thats sooooo dumb.

Anyway, I'm done babbling. Again, hopefully the next game does thngs that makes sense, really looks at things throigb the eyes of CAR PEOPLE. Not Fornite gaming.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#336 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 8:11:02 AM(UTC)
I would like if it was possible to race your friends on this because either due to weather or whatever not everybody is able to go to the dragstrip every Friday night so this is the closest thing to it and um should definitely throw a 99 Silverado 1500 into here or fh4.
#337 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 7:49:58 AM(UTC)
Other than having more of a selection of tracks, I think it's great, no need to go any further with it, it's just a game.
#338 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 8:25:41 PM(UTC)
I mainly do drag racing and I love the fact they added the drag track with proper starting launch lights so you can mess up rather than just hold down gas till the game lets you go. But I do miss the mile long drag.
#339 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 4:11:44 AM(UTC)
Maybe add more tracks to test. Buy I enjoy the drag race. User the AM vulcan and I like how you have to find a balance in gass and not trying to go before green. But yes as said before, more tracks should give more results maybe.
14 Pages<<121314Prev

Notification

Icon
Error