This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
10 Pages<<8910Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#226 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:51:44 AM(UTC)
I like it - its pretty fun -

Being able to stage ourselves with a working tree - and using a burnout box would be a welcome addition -

I would really appreciate the options for 1/8-1/2-1 mile added as well -

there are a billion other things that could make it more realistic - but i think adding the above items will keep the momentum going in the right direction and promote interest and fun -

Thanks

2 users liked this post.
#227 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:38:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deuces WiId Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: reaper mech Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Deuces WiId Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: reaper mech Go to Quoted Post
its off to a great start , would like them to improve their timing system for et ,60ft times to resemble real world numbers not to worried about all the extra upgrades as that would throw other parts of the game off .

a change in the tuning menu so we can drop tire pressures down to get a better foot print for better off the line traction , i know this would also change many things across the game as it would need a new tire model and physics system .

would it be possible to get rid of the pre car camera pan so we can have an extended time to set out rpms .

also deuces it is entirely possible to run 8s with gears higher than 4.33 , and 8k rpm is not really an issue for most irl v8 drag cars (but you better have more than a 2 gear power glide to do it , 3 spd is the minimum i would suggest to try that ) , getting a 9" x 28 under a 72 dart is super feasible if you have the correct rim offset and time to move some metal around with a hammer (mostly around the top edge of the wheel opening )

A powerglide has the same 1:1 final ratio as a TH350/400, which is also the 3rd gear ratio in a TH700 and 4L80E. My car has a Turboglide in it, a 2 speed TH400 and traps over 200mph. It's entirely possible for a hotrod to run 9s with 4.30+ gears, but they also have 33" tires and weight 2,500#. I don't know what it takes to get a 28" under a Dart, but I know it ain't easy to put them under a Fox.

looks like you are going for alot more width than height with your mini tub . you can hit 8s and still weight 3000+ lbs on a 28 inch tire .

but back on topic , bring this to multiplayer with a few more tracks for us to test out

It's built for 275 pro radial and stock suspension class racing, it'll hold a 28/12.5 slick. Quickest et 4.14, fastest trap 204, 1/8 mile of course.

There's plenty of cars putting down 8 second ET's on a 28" tire, but they don't have a 4.33 gear in it.

If you guys are saying what I think you are saying. The gearing system is all screwed up in game. That's my observation.
#228 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:43:49 AM(UTC)
I would like the see the physics engine upgraded where glitch cars are no longer an issue. Cars like the 66 GT40 in the exp drag. The car specs at about 12 to 13 secs in the 1/4 mile in real life. Yet in the game the car runs Pro Stock times and EVERYBODY is running it. And I don't believe I've ever Ever seen a GT40 at a dragstrip. Give us a setup to build a Pro Stock car and a physics engine where a Camaro can beat a Mustang can beat a Challenger can beat a Mustang can beat a Camaro. And a Ferrari or Volvo or GT40 can't be built into a Pro Stock class car. Study the NHRA classes and give us some real drag racing options.
 1 user liked this post.
#229 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:21:00 PM(UTC)
Let me first start off by saying I am not here to ruffle anyones feathers in this post. Actually I really like the fact that Turn 10 is taking the time to finally listen after all these years, since Forza One. When I say us I mean(the drag racing community). With that being said, alot of people and I mean as least 50 to 60 people I know refuse to post on here because of Turn 10 has not taking the time to listen to the drag racing community when it came to improvements and or additions to the Forza franchise.

I know for a fact that if this was in the early days of Forza, this thread would be twice the size that it is today. Don't get me wrong, I am not here to bash Turn 10 , just stating facts. I really appreicate everyones opinion good or bad and the few that actually step up to the plate. There are some people that do not trust or like the drag racing update. I'm just saying give it some time and that it seems to me that Turn 10 really wants to listen to our feedback.

Please Turn 10, do not let the lack of posts in this thread discourage you or that we don't want or care for drag racing in the game. I have been told by many of my friends that play Forza, that Turn 10 should come out with a drag racing stand alone game. Me, I feel that we needed to start somewhere and I feel that we are off to a good start.

A lot of the people have mention that if Turn 10 would come out with a drag pack or addition they would spend the money on it because they have waited so long for it. For me, I would be first in line to buy if you were able to provide what we/ the drag racing community has asked for. Me being a master mechanic/engine builder/advate drag racer I find that playing Forza is awesome on my down time. Thanks Turn 10 and continue the great work.

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:30:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#230 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 2:08:11 AM(UTC)
I agree. I am absolutely encouraged by what has been done so far for FM7. Sadly despite the inclusion of drag tires in FH4, THAT drag is a mess so far.

There are still a few things that I feel need to be added and ironed out, but it’s been a lot of fun trying different cars and builds and setups.

Here is a quick, in my opinion, list of what is needed;
1 - staging with burnout

2 - tunable trans brake/bump box

3 - accurate size/characteristics for drag wheels and tires

4 - sportsman and pro tree, an instant green would also be cool

5 - (this to me is possibly the most important) drag specific engines and chassis setups. One thing I can’t stand in the Forzaverse is that a V12 is king. There really needs to be V8 engines with the achievable horse power to at least keep up with a V12.

It’s not unheard of to see “street” cars pushing 2-3000hp. Engines in general in Forza have been capped at just at or above 1000hp, except the V12. For circuit racing there really isn’t a need for anything more. Which provides the opportunity to not let “drag” upgrades work in any other mode.

For Drag Racing, there is always the need for more. Bigger cubic inch engines, tunable power adders. Better physics, no more raise the ride height to max goes faster business.

As much as I would like to have prostock or funny car/top fuel cars to drive, I would much rather have the ability to build a 3000hp currently in the game muscle car, get those physics and that feel down before trying to make 10,000hp work from what we have now.

Baby steps.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#231 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:13:37 AM(UTC)
The experimental drag addition is great! I really appreciate the quick turns between races and love the reaction timer. Please expand this to all future FM and Horizon titles...even an add-on to FH4????
As stated a couple post above, because it has taken 7 titles to get to this point, I think it may take a bit to get max participation in these events, but this is hands down the best Drag racing feature I've seen.
Thanks!

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:27:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Novice poster...

So I tried that rewind button, took me all the way back to Forza 2....
 2 users liked this post.
#232 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:46:07 AM(UTC)
1) Lounch Control - let us set an LC rpm in the Tuning menu.
2) Burnouts that affect the grip
3) letting us drive the car in the stage
3) rivals leadboard
4) detailed times for 60ft, 1/8 and 1/4 mile

LC is my no. 1 priority
#233 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:43:11 AM(UTC)
I tried it and it was fun and I like the time slip at the end also. However I am stuck in it and cant get out of it to race anything else in Freeplay. Am I the only one? Help!
 1 user liked this post.
#234 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:43:41 PM(UTC)
Can the forza 7 team please hurry up and add the best drag tracks nobody likes the dubai track cause its too slick and isnt really a true drag track! Also can you guys please hurry up and add the burnout part of the experisnce too i was super mad when i found out that option isnt available and that seeing you guys take forever to even release this experimental drag up[date gets me more sad cause we may not see this option or other tracks added till next year or christmas! Also i suggest you guys hurry cuz fh4 is already out and they have 4 drag tracks! Also please revert the old way where we had more drag tracks in the rotation then the cheesy plane drag strip track were all players just use p classes even in rwd to dominate and i hate the plane drag track cause its too grippy and takes noskill to drive on! forza 7 is only good for drag racing nothing else and having to deal with the airstrip drag track makes me wanna xit the game always! Fix the game or most true drag players wont be buying forza 8! these r just facts dont take it personally like a liberal would and fix the major issues that make your game 2nd to fh4 atp
#235 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 9:37:31 AM(UTC)
Can anyone tell me why now that I’ve tried the drag race option that’s the only thing I can do in free play now? I haven’t played any forza games in a few years and I used to like to build cars of my choice and race on tracks of my choice. I just got the game a few days ago and in free play I’m stuck with on the drag option. Some help please.
#236 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 1:15:04 PM(UTC)
First off awesome update love the tree starts! But, there are some things that need to be addressed. The biggest issue I am having is traction. If you're running a 1200 horsepower car on a fat tire drag slick then these cars should be hooking up a lot harder. In addition, there should be some sort of burnout box to be able to control the temperature of our tires which will Aid in traction (Not a big deal but would be fun). The second main issue I am having is that the timing is way off. I'm running a car that weighs 2500 lb and has a 60 foot of 1.8 and a trap speed of 170 that car should be in the low 8s and im stuck at 9.5 or 9.4s. The customization for drag cars could be better with skinnyer tires available and maybe wheelie bars or being able to tub the rear of the car for even larger tires for more traction.

Other than those things you guys nailed the tree in my opinion. Loving the update. Cant wait for full update.
#237 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 3:48:37 PM(UTC)
I understand that as I am writing this, what I am speaking of only exists in the Horizon world. I also understand that Turn 10 and Playground are in cahoots and or are cahooting with these games.

I was just playing FH4 and built a Raptor that had an optional 7.2 liter Hemi race engine that when twin turboed push a wonderful 1356hp. Can we PLEASE have this engine made available to use for drag racing.

End the V12 dominance. Please.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#238 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 6:45:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SOY Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

We’re looking for feedback from our community around the new Experimental Drag features in Forza Motorsport 7. Let us know what you like, as well as what you might like to see changed in the future. Any and all feedback is welcomed.

Guidelines:
• Be as specific and constructive as possible with your feedback
• Respect all player’s feedback
• If you don’t like something about the current design, please tell us why

Thanks!

From 20plus years of street and track racing experience.

First, thank you for making a quickly accessible, drag race option.

1) Big's and littles. I think we need to have an option to make the front wheels THINNER(skinnies), and as a result, we have a longer braking distance. I would also like to have the option/ability to decrease tire/wheel diameter. As in if a vehicle comes with a 20" wheel, I would like to be able to put a smaller wheel on, like a 15" or 16" wheel, to get a taller TIRE SIDEWALL. As a result, we could also have a smaller brake rotor, and give us a longer braking distance as a result, however we get better traction as a positive trade off. In forza horizon 4, I do like the option to widen the rear of some cars. We should carry this over to FM7, and also offer mini tubs.

2)have 1/8th mile timing. 1/8th mile is KEY for a 1/4 mile car, the short side of things anyways. Being able to see what our short 1/8 mile timing is, would help us get our setups down traction wise. The 60ft information is AWESOME and helpful however, the 1/8th would be equally as helpful.

3)Have a burnout option, so we can generate some tire heat. I don't need to explain the importance of tire heat to you regarding road racing, same applies to drag racing.

4)an actual prepped surface, like a launch pad or any dragstrip or other tracks that are actually drag strips. Dragstrips, or even prepped streets, have traction aides sprayed on them to get vehicles to hook up soo well, they pull wheelies, even on the street. No reason why I shouldn't be able to go 7s in any car making 1000hp weighing 2000lbs

5)a rev hold, or two step option would be awesome, so we can hold throttle position a little easier, and come out of the gates on boost (launch control)

6)I know this is a reach but, a boost scramble button would be cool,. Something we could press, to get another 2-5psi out of a car on a pass. I know, I know.

7)If we get better with a traction, launch pad, It would be safe to say we may have wheelie issues then, so it would be cool to have a wheelie bar option. Also DRAG WINGS and different exhaust systems would be nice. Like a cutout or fender dump exit. Drag wings are used for stability, fender exit exhaust would be used to save weight, and make a little more power since you get rid of the rest of the exhaust and get rid of bends.

8)instant green, or a pro tree as an OPTION, would be sweet. The ability to red light in the experimental is great, wish we could apply that to the multiplayer.

9)Having a TUB or MINI TUB option, on ALL vehicles would be nice. Why? Wider tires without having to add wider fenders or a body kit. As much as wider fenders looks GREAT, it would be harder for your design crew to make a bunch of different fenders, vs allowing cars to have a TUB or MINI TUB done to it.

10)V12s are cool but in reality we can make just as much power or more in a V8, or something else even. Having a "v12" as the bread winner everytime in performance, just isn't reality. A modern LS engine, or a HEMI or even the new 5.0 coyote motors will make TONS of power. I think we need to get with the times. We live in a day and age where 2500 hp or more builds are out on the street, driving around. We NEED to have more power available to be current. 10 years ago 1000hp was the bomb, now its nearly stock numbers for many cars. I have customers/friends that make 1000hp on 4 cylinders, without a problem. I like how horizon does allow for bigger horsepower on certain cars but, the majority of them need a power increase.

Last, additional cars that have DRAG racing on the mind would be awesome. We have DRIFT/HOON packages...why not a DRAG pack. Give us a COPO camaro, scat pack challenger, cobra jet mustangs for example. Include older cars as well, maybe well known older drag cars like the "Hemi under glass" car, or some older well know Japanese cars from years back. PLENTY of these cars can go bottom 8s, or 7s. Please make drag racing great again in games.

J

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2018 7:56:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#239 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:03:11 PM(UTC)
After reading five o killer's post I have to agree with a Drag Pack that would include Chevrolet COPO / Mopar Drag Pak & Ford Cobra Jet
Maybe we could have the option to convert the Chevy / Mopar or Ford cars in our garage over to one of the 3 factory Muscle Car Drag Racing setups .
#240 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:15:07 PM(UTC)
personally, i like how the winner has to have best ET and reaction time together. id like to see more options overall for drag racing, including wheelie bars, 2 step or launch control even.

i like that the experimental requires a bit more focus and skill and the fact that you can jump makes it overall more realistic.

the constant racing rather than heats and loading screens is a lot more efficient, and once you have more than one track id play it a lot more. Or, if it were only the air field test track so i can compete with awd cars in my rwd, which is a lot more difficult on a slick track like dubai
#241 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:15:01 AM(UTC)
I did race in real life 10.5 outlaw street for many yrs..an all I did was play drag racing games an the same one for 8yrs till it got shut down...this game i hope will become the best out their I don't need to say anything more then what everyone has wrote already about changes that can really bring out the best in a drag racing game.

I do have 1 thing to say I only bought this game for the drag racing part of it an cause I knew how awesome the graphics were gonna be an much cheaper then real life as well....thx for making great game...

2 users liked this post.
#242 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:35:12 AM(UTC)
I could come up with a huge wishlist just like the rest of these guys but I don’t expect a complete drag racing game within Forza Motorsport so my requests are simple

MORE HORSEPOWER
like everybody else has said, there’s no reason the v8s shouldn’t be capable of the same numbers or more than the v12s are making. Check anywhere on the internet, 1500hp or more is doable

MORE TRACTION
I like that some tracks are better than others but some of them are pitiful in the traction department
I don’t care if it’s wider tire options or drag slicks or what but I need more traction!

Everybody is calling for burnout box but I think that would just slow the drag racing down which is the opposite of what this update just did for drag racing, maybe make the drag tires just HOOK WITHOUT HEATING UP

MORE SPLIT TIMES
I love the 60’ time
I’d really love it if the 1/8th mile time was shown as well

Overall I love this update, I’m excited to be able to try the rest of the cars and drag tracks. This is the drag racing I’ve been needing since Forza 1.
Great work Turn10!
Also this is my first post ever, I just came on here to make sure you guys know I love the new update because I don’t want it to go away!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:36:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#243 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:41:01 PM(UTC)
I Do not like this Experimental mode very much
#244 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 10:00:18 AM(UTC)
Its a great mode but there are a few problems i have with it. Main problem with it is that it only uses Dubai as the track, where as it should allow it to be used on all drag strips.
#245 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 6:10:23 AM(UTC)
Love it! So much better than the previous drag set up, and the load times🤯 or lack there of I should say; I dont even have a one x. The tree start with DQs is also a great addition as well as allowing engine response before the start. Also, the post race time breakdown is excellent. I give the effort an A, and would love to see it come to multiplayer. It would be cool to try this on a drag track that is 8 cars wide. Another interesting improvement to test would be to allow a burnout before lining up. 😁😁 with some embellished tire smoke for eye candy. That would be A+ territory😉
#246 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:06:25 PM(UTC)
Experimental drag is the way to go all the way across the board.The original setup child like with no red lighting possible. Please make it across the board and add two player. Also add Tesla cars too please.
10 Pages<<8910Prev

Notification

Icon
Error