This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 3:00:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bart Ziemski Go to Quoted Post
I don't recall exactly and since I returned the app for refund I can't check but from what I can remember you need to input acceleration and/or top speed figures before you get the tune. It didn't make sense to me.

You don't understand... It's what YOU WANT as acceleration and top speed. If you prefer less or more acceleration/top speed, it's here you select your objective. With this, gears are calculateur for your car have your top speed with this acceleration. So it make sense.
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:49:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spacewolf1 Go to Quoted Post
I don't recall exactly and since I returned the app for refund I can't check but from what I can remember you need to input acceleration and/or top speed figures before you get the tune. It didn't make sense to me.

You don't understand... It's what YOU WANT as acceleration and top speed. If you prefer less or more acceleration/top speed, it's here you select your objective. With this, gears are calculateur for your car have your top speed with this acceleration. So it make sense.

Nope, this is top speed and acceleration as defined in the game for the build you picked. The ForzaTune channel on YouTube states this much.

This is why you should probably tune aero before gearing.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#28 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 1:23:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
EDIT: I must retract my previous statement. Your app is THAT good. It handles 99% of whatever you throw at it, and the rest can be fixed easily. It speaks volumes for QuickTune when it can tame the most difficult cars in the game without further tuning. I guess the OP's question now has an answer.

I almost forgot: if you do encounter cars of that 1% please send me a PM and I will look into it. I'm always interested to make QuickTune better. Thank you.
#29 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 1:33:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
EDIT: I must retract my previous statement. Your app is THAT good. It handles 99% of whatever you throw at it, and the rest can be fixed easily. It speaks volumes for QuickTune when it can tame the most difficult cars in the game without further tuning. I guess the OP's question now has an answer.

I almost forgot: if you do encounter cars of that 1% please send me a PM and I will look into it. I'm always interested to make QuickTune better. Thank you.

Front rebound damping could be increased across the board by just a little. In most cars it's not necessary.

The 2012 GT3 RS could have front aero values of 90-100 kg when running no adjustable rear aero.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#30 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 8:04:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boosted4Ever Go to Quoted Post
@theSNaiL46 You're welcome! I'm happy to extend the offer for free download codes to you or anyone on this thread (up to 30). Contact me via the ForzaTune site or just let me know here. I'd hate people to miss out if they are on the fence.

There are many good options now but ForzaTune 7 spares no expense -- 9 years of work went into it. You get tunes tailored to car, track, dry, drift, or rain. And it has a gearing calculator built in, easy customizations, metric units, saving and searching tunes, detailed tutorials, etc.

I usually just plug the numbers in and go, but it's nice to know you have everything you need at your disposal.

Fifty Inch is a great guy too and will likely be the successor as "tuning app guy" when I retire someday.

OOh OOh, i'd love a free code :) please and thankyou :)

Xbox Live Gamertag : David McKenna
PSN Gamertag : djm99
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 9:49:08 AM(UTC)
@theSNaiL46 You're welcome! I'm happy to extend the offer for free download codes to you or anyone on this thread (up to 30). Contact me via the ForzaTune site or just let me know here. I'd hate people to miss out if they are on the fence.

There are many good options now but ForzaTune 7 spares no expense -- 9 years of work went into it. You get tunes tailored to car, track, dry, drift, or rain. And it has a gearing calculator built in, easy customizations, metric units, saving and searching tunes, detailed tutorials, etc.

I usually just plug the numbers in and go, but it's nice to know you have everything you need at your disposal.

Fifty Inch is a great guy too and will likely be the successor as "tuning app guy" when I retire someday.

Would love to try it out, i kinda wing it these days. Takes a lot of time, but it is nice when it works out. I already bought Forzatune 6 a while ago to use for Horizon 3, but i ended up not using it that much since i didnt really got to enjoy FH3 that much because of extreme instability of the app itself.

Edited by user Sunday, September 16, 2018 9:50:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#32 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 2:46:44 PM(UTC)
Thanks guys, PMs sent. For anyone else interested in a free ForzaTune 7 download code feel free to include your preference (iOS or Android) when emailing or messaging.

Edited by user Monday, September 17, 2018 2:47:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Helping people tune since 2009.
#33 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 3:03:39 PM(UTC)
Thanks guys, PMs sent. For anyone else interested in a free ForzaTune 7 download code feel free to include your preference (iOS or Android) when emailing or messaging.

Would love to try the iOS app out and give you some feedback, if that's at all possible!
#34 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 3:22:12 PM(UTC)
Why not, I've run some of Fifty's tune's in the HLC's and they've been good to me. But options are always good - if you have a spare Android code going, will give it a run out.
#35 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 11:50:05 PM(UTC)
I sent a reply with my phone os a few days ago but it may have got lost in your spam mail. Would it be possible to get a forzatune key for android please?
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:32:59 AM(UTC)
to answer op question.... learn to tune. It's not hard in forza, no need to overcomplicate with maths. if it makes car faster keep setting if it makes car slower put it back. much more beneficial than any average base tune.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:44:20 AM(UTC)
PMs and emails sent. There are still some free ForzaTune 7 codes available -- happy to help anyone else learn to create their own tunes easier. Really adds a fun element to the game.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:33:10 PM(UTC)
Hi Mate, i'm using Android. Not sure if my Private Messaging is working ,,many thanks :)
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:33:55 PM(UTC)
Thanks for looking into ForzaTune. I'm happy to send you a free download code for ForzaTune 7 so you can post your own follow up/review. You can contact me here.

Bart's talking about the gearing calculator, which uses the initial values for top speed and acceleration to "kickstart" the search for an optimal value. For more in-depth information or to get the most out of the tunes I highly recommend this list of short tutorial videos.

Anthony

Code would have been great but actually went ahead and purchased the app after mulling it over. Unfortunately this forum, besides being slow, also doesn't notify of email replies so I hadn't checked this. The app does make it more interesting especially since I find tuning tedious time spent away from the track, although I slowly do like to learn what everything does. The tutorials help too. I have not done comparisons yet.

Thanks for a great app.

Why do you like 65/30 differential setting so much? Also there seems to be extreme softening of default spring and anti-roll bar settings why is that? Are these settings just as applicable for FH3?

Originally Posted by: Spacewolf1 Go to Quoted Post

So this is incorrect right? Above don't you say to input the initial (with mods) acceleration/top speed to "kickstart" the values?

Edited by user Monday, September 24, 2018 9:23:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#40 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:03:46 AM(UTC)

If it's not closed, I'd love a code for Android. Thanks!
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:34:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: David McKenna Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mate, i'm using Android. Not sure if my Private Messaging is working ,,many thanks :)

Hi David - I did send you a ForzaTune 7 code via PM. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post

Code would have been great but actually went ahead and purchased the app after mulling it over. Unfortunately this forum, besides being slow, also doesn't notify of email replies so I hadn't checked this. The app does make it more interesting especially since I find tuning tedious time spent away from the track, although I slowly do like to learn what everything does. The tutorials help too. I have not spent too much time doing comparisons yet.

Thanks for a great app.

Why do you like 65/30 differential setting so much? Also there seems to be extreme softening of default spring and anti-roll bar settings why is that? Are these settings just as applicable for FH3?

Thanks for giving ForzaTune 7 a try - glad you like it so far!

Yes, you are right regarding that gearing quote. As for specific questions feel free to send an email from the app (link in menu on home page). I would be happy to answer in detail and explain some more about differentials and when they change.

And if any spring values seem odd, I would make sure you have the right units selected (English vs. metric). A lot of people use ForzaTune 7 for FH3 and I am working on an update as I write this for FH4.

Thanks again for posting the question.
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:55:59 PM(UTC)

I've wanted to check out Forzatune since it started, but I've been hesitant. I used to use a spreadsheet from back in the FM4 days. But that's gotten kind of useless.

If I could check it out that'd be cool.. iOS is what I'd need it in... I'd appreciate the chance! Thank you even if it's a no go!

#43 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:22:58 PM(UTC)
Hey Boosted4Ever,

Would you mind sending me a new PM with a code for Android? I have replied in PM with my phone OS, but it does not show new messages in my inbox even though the inbox says i have two new unread messages :/. Kind of want to hit the "mark all messages read" button to see if it fixes it. Thanks in advance.
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:15:09 PM(UTC)
I sent a PM 2 days ago, but it doesn't show as received, so posting here. I bought FT6 and used it to set many of my base tunes, and that's been a great starting point. I haven't upgraded to 7 yet because it seems to be a bit more than I think I want, but would like to try it out. That's roughly what I said in my PM that is still sitting in my "outbox".
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:14:50 PM(UTC)
Many thanks for the code Boosted4Ever. I shall look forward to doing some tuning at the weekend. :)
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:18:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SjaakSoewarte Go to Quoted Post
Hey Boosted4Ever,

Would you mind sending me a new PM with a code for Android? I have replied in PM with my phone OS, but it does not show new messages in my inbox even though the inbox says i have two new unread messages :/. Kind of want to hit the "mark all messages read" button to see if it fixes it. Thanks in advance.

I think there is a bug with the Inbox at the moment...mine reads that i have 4 unread, if i send another PM it jumps to 6. It won't delete any either lol.

EDIT.. have just marked them all as read (as they had been) and now i have no new messages (which is correct) :)

Edited by user Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:23:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 12:55:39 AM(UTC)
Interesting thread going on here if anyone wants to chime in.

Also do you all like this or r/Forza better?

Edited by user Friday, September 21, 2018 1:03:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 1:39:42 AM(UTC)
I'd also like to give away up to 30 free download codes for QuickTune 7.

If you're interested send me a PM with your preferred platform (iOS, Android).

Fifty
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 6:05:55 AM(UTC)

What does this have to do with this thread at all?

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 2 users liked this post.
#50 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 6:30:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post

What does this have to do with this thread at all?

I agree, lets get back on track. You've posted a few times to the effect that using apps or even telemetry is not ideal, and that the best way is to tune out the issues then try stuff and iterate until you get faster. Are you saying that you start from the stock settings then evolve, or do you have a methodology for getting a baseline for each setting?

If so, I think the merits of any app are whether they use similar methodology to the one an experienced tuner would use to get started.

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error