#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:31:54 PM(UTC)
I did some digging around but I can’t seem to find a discussion on this. A game mode mimicking formula drift competition would be amazing to me as a fan of the series. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but hear me out. I found a mobile game that copies formula D’s format and it is absolutely addicting. Any thoughts on bringing this to FH4 or FM7?
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:08:50 AM(UTC)
I understand it would be a little difficult maybe to put a mode like this in game. But just as an idea, the way the mobile does it is they let each driver do their lead run independently. The lead driver scores point for proximity to walls and hitting designated clipping points. The clipping points have a time limit so if you take too long you won’t score any points for hitting them. The lead runs are recorded and then you chase the recorded lead run of the other driver scoring points for tandem drifting and proximity to their car. You can hit the car slightly but too hard and you lose points. Fall too far back and you can’t score points. Forza could easily do this or maybe make both drivers ghosted and do it all live. Or even full contact but that might get kind of hard. Just an idea. Any other thoughts?
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:50:04 AM(UTC)
NO,keep drifting as is,i don't care for it and for those that do,they can do their thing!!
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:37:02 AM(UTC)
A tandem drift mode would probably end up 90% griefing and crashing. Just an idea off the top of my head, they could do an 8 person tournament bracket, each person gets one run down a drift zone, single elimination. You have a starting area where each persons car is placed in the que and ready to go when its there turn. Set a time limit, say 30 seconds, to prevent trolls from holding up and ruining the match. Each drift zone has a set of Horizon stands/bleachers you can watch the action from, or follow camera of the current driver. Hopefully this would move quickly enough so people can enjoy watching the action, participating, but be able to stick with the same group of friends and not wait too long if they get knocked out round 1. Obviously 1st/2nd/3rd should get the most credits/xp but there should also be a base participation reward to encourage people to stick with the group and not feel like they are wasting their time if they lose.

Edited by user Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:43:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:33:09 AM(UTC)
T Rex is funny! Hahaha
But yes you are right trolling would be terrible with tandem mode lol. However if you ghosted both cars and let’s say stopped the chase driver from scoring points if he “touched” the ghost of the lead driver? Giving points for mimicking angle and speed.
Yes I agree with a horizon drift event like you said! Sounds fun!

Notification

Icon
Error