21 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:44:44 PM(UTC)
So, there's a new game on the way and everyone is very excited.

That's great, everyone should be excited and we're excited that you're excited. Full to overflowing with excitement we all are.

New games bring new challenges, new ways to have fun, and new friends to make. They also bring new members to our community and new posters to our forums.

These new posters will have questions and be looking to make new friends.

We will welcome them. We will be friendly to them, we will be respectful of them, we will be civil to them, we will be quick with help and patient while they learn.

We were all new once and with the notable exception of Dragnet, myself, and your other friendly moderators, we were all wrong about something at least once. Many of you were wrong on more than one occasion, some of you still are far more wrong than you will ever be right, but still, against our natural inclinations, we took you in and found a place for you. We will do the same for those recently arrived and those yet to come.

They might have many of the same mistaken ideas that some of you have, ideas like you know what everyone else wants for DLC, or that what the game really needs to elevate it to pure art are virtual exhaust tip options, or that the compressed audio in an 11-year-old YouTube video is somehow more realistic than the engine sounds as recorded by audio professionals. Fever dreams like the ideal sports car isn't a pre-war roadster with wire wheels and a side-opening bonnet held in place with a leather belt. Or radical notions such as believing drifting to be a motorsport when it is clearly the automotive equivalent of synchronized swimming without the only real tangible benefit of lovelies in revealing swimsuits.

Crazy wrong ideas, you get the picture.

But no matter, we're going to be friendly, respectful, civil, helpful and patient. After all, we were that way with you and your crazy wrong ideas when you started.

Be nice.

Or I tell Dragnet.

✔ Verified Moderator

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 3:05:00 PM(UTC)
Hieronymus classic !

<3
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 3:30:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post

These new posters will have questions and be looking to make new friends.

Edited by user Thursday, August 9, 2018 3:39:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:16:33 PM(UTC)
This is probably the single best post I have read on these forums in the last 9.5 years.
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:32:01 PM(UTC)
snip

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. ... tell Dragnet, indeed.

You, sir, have made my day!

Edited by user Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:34:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:02:50 PM(UTC)
I've never had a crazy wrong idea!

No such thing as a stupid question,. Only stupid people that ask them.

Edited by user Friday, August 10, 2018 5:35:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 10:36:46 PM(UTC)
Oh come on
I'm never mean to new posters...only the old regular ones that have been around for years and should know better
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 12:18:22 AM(UTC)
So, there's a new game on the way and everyone is very excited.

We will welcome them. We will be friendly to them, we will be respectful of them, we will be civil to them, we will be quick with help and patient while they learn.

Crazy wrong ideas, you get the picture.

But no matter, we're going to be friendly, respectful, civil, helpful and patient. After all, we were that way with you and your crazy wrong ideas when you started.

Be nice.

Or I tell Dragnet.

I am all was nice to people who are nice to me, answers questions if I believe I may know the answer. All ways have been unless some one decides to be nasty to me then I will all ways give it right back to them. Nor do I believe I should be bullied by certain others on this forum just because they think it is there way or the highway.

So happy and productive posting for all and all will be happy.
User is suspended until 8/5/2021 6:13:24 AM(UTC)
#9 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 12:53:08 AM(UTC)
While this is a good notion and should be insitinctive among many of the users today, sometimes people can’t take criticism or even a different idea without wearing their heart on their sleeve.
 5 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 1:17:34 PM(UTC)

<snip>

<snip>

Aww. All that optimism and those rose-tinted glasses. It's cute.

We'll probably manage the helpful bit... mostly. It'll undoubtedly involve sarcasm, patronizing tones, and expressing exasperation and incredulousness about ignorance, though. Based on past non-rose-tinted experiences, anyway. ;)
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 3:39:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

<snip>

<snip>

Aww. All that optimism and those rose-tinted glasses. It's cute.

We'll probably manage the helpful bit... mostly. It'll undoubtedly involve sarcasm, patronizing tones, and expressing exasperation and incredulousness about ignorance, though. Based on past non-rose-tinted experiences, anyway. ;)
Boy, aint that the truth

Notification

Icon
Error