3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 3:08:40 AM(UTC)
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:39:11 PM(UTC)
I wholeheartedly understand that there's a lot of processing going on so the developers can only do so much with physics and car audio without breaking the fps cap.

However, is there any chance that FH4 will have physics that are closer to the Motorsport games? Cos' the FM7 has some really great physics (aside from the wheelies and suspension bottoming out too often) - I was wondering if the best bits from there can be found in H4.

Also, FM7 was a letdown in terms of car sound - specifically how dynamic range was applied to cars (low on bass and volume, all that). I hope this will be a non-issue in H4? I liked how loud and raunchy the cars were in FM6 and H3.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:59:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheElephant2334 Go to Quoted Post
I wholeheartedly understand that there's a lot of processing going on so the developers can only do so much with physics and car audio without breaking the fps cap.

However, is there any chance that FH4 will have physics that are closer to the Motorsport games? Cos' the FM7 has some really great physics (aside from the wheelies and suspension bottoming out too often) - I was wondering if the best bits from there can be found in H4.

Also, FM7 was a letdown in terms of car sound - specifically how dynamic range was applied to cars (low on bass and volume, all that). I hope this will be a non-issue in H4? I liked how loud and raunchy the cars were in FM6 and H3.

Do you add an end paragraph about the sounds in every single post you make mr speedracer
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:07:42 AM(UTC)
The driving physics in the Horizon series and the Motorsport series are intentionally different because they are two different game series focusing on two different types of driving. I don't imagine that they will ever use the same physics as they are not designed and coded to drive and handle the same.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:43:26 AM(UTC)
It would be great to have the option to switch between the two physics models like on dirt 4 where you have "gamer" and "simulation" models to choose from. However I can appreciate that this would be very difficult to incorporate into all online features.

The Forza Motorsport physics would make the racing much better as it provides consequences for collisions in the races which isnt really present in horizon.
I like fiestas
 6 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 3:20:55 AM(UTC)
The sound is fine, near perfect even. Consider instead making adjustments to your setup/hearing/expectations.

✔ Verified Moderator

#6 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:22:03 AM(UTC)
Agree about the sound. I am not entirely sure what it sounds like in real life to travel behind the car at high speed (like in the 3rd person camera mode) but the sound in DriveClub, for example, is just pure WOW! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRF4Po6qVo - thats the kind of sound design that makes the player really feel the power of the car!

Edited by user Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:23:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 11:12:19 AM(UTC)
Hopefully h4 won't have the annoying exhaust backfire like in fh3. It was dumb on how the car shifts or let off the right trigger and a loud exhaust backfire vibrates the headphones. H2 was better because the exhaust sounds quiter than the fh3 exhaust. Who agrees?
[img=https://gallery.services.forzamotorsport.net/fm7/photo/b2231708-646f-4452-a9a1-698ed290f3df]Joseinator[/img]
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 6:22:58 AM(UTC)
I have never really paid much attention to exactly how loud the backfires are .... but, they are actually pretty loud in actual real-life racing with real race cars. I'm not annoyed by that at all as it's realistic compared to what you'd hear in real life.
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 8:27:54 AM(UTC)
It's already been confirmed that the vehicle engine sounds will be improved in FH4 compared to FH3 by Turn 10. Backfires are a little unrealistic. Jumped over to the Crew 2 for a bit and the backfiring on there sounds pretty durn realistic, so hopefully Turn 10 can do something with that also.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:46:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
The sound is fine, near perfect even. Consider instead making adjustments to your setup/hearing/expectations.

I agree here, I enjoy the sound in all Forza games. Yes there are a few cars that sound similar but so do people it is just that way. When you have near 500 cars sone are going to sound similar. This does not take Away from a great playing expierience for the gamer.
I have a nice 7.2 surround system and Forza Horizon sounds great for me.

#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 11:22:18 AM(UTC)
No, the sound guy admitted previously that not all cars were individually tested for sound as they couldnt get access to all the cars for sound testing or the owners wouldn't allow them to do their sound tests only scan the vehicle. So there are many vehicles which are a guess. I think this is most apparent whenever you do an engine swap every car with the same motor has identical sound even though they don't, or wouldn't even with an engine swap not everything becomes equal.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 2:48:24 PM(UTC)
I understand that Baby Cow and I totally agree with you. I also know that most of those cars I will have never heard in real life and have nothing to compare the sound to. For me I like a mean sounding car that is believable to me ( not a dirt devil sound LOL ). I guess myself I would rather have them altered slightly to sound meaner than completely stock and semi- boring. But that is only my opinion and I will have fun either way

Notification

Icon
Error