71 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 5:39:26 AM(UTC)
JB - I've messed with the build on mine some more, even fiddled with some of the tune, added downforce as per Hanson's suggestion.

Wanted to try out race suspension, unfortunately that means stock brakes & ARB's. Still needed to fit heavy wheels & increase rim size to squeeze it into required PI.

Did two 5 lap runs with this set up - first run got me in 1:06 territory again, so shared the set up before run two.

Run 2 got me & the tune on the boards with 1:06.353

It's a heavy old Hector but seems to be more stable. If anyone fancies trying it out
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 6:42:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
JB - I've messed with the build on mine some more, even fiddled with some of the tune, added downforce as per Hanson's suggestion.

Wanted to try out race suspension, unfortunately that means stock brakes & ARB's. Still needed to fit heavy wheels & increase rim size to squeeze it into required PI.

Did two 5 lap runs with this set up - first run got me in 1:06 territory again, so shared the set up before run two.

Run 2 got me & the tune on the boards with 1:06.353

It's a heavy old Hector but seems to be more stable. If anyone fancies trying it out

I copied Hanson's downforce spec's as well. I haven't tried going to a race suspension yet, tempting. I left the brakes be, didn't see an increase in performance just weight savings; I tossed the cage at it too so I could upgrade front tire width, Sport Suspension, Race ARB's, sport diff, sport drive-axle, street fly-wheel, and sport clutch; didn't do a rim swap.

Inching closer to a 6.500, managed a 6.732 in Class Rivals
 1 user liked this post.
#78 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 6:52:33 AM(UTC)
Nice - I'm currently trying to get inspired to paint something for the car, Hot lapped out for the minute, was running some more rivals this morning before I had another run at this.
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 7:11:07 AM(UTC)
Great time DamMe, i have tested your tune, managed to replicate my former time but not to beat it. Im really inconsistent today, dunno what is wrong. Looking forward to see the paint, if you share it.

@jbaccord nice time, i might hop in the rivals section and try to hunt you down later

After way to many laps and going through different builds i ended up with raceboy´s tune. Only a slight improvement to a 6.799. Now i need a break 😫

2 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 7:58:45 AM(UTC)
Nice - I'm currently trying to get inspired to paint something for the car, Hot lapped out for the minute, was running some more rivals this morning before I had another run at this.

Get inspired already .... lol :) Would love a most excellent paint to go with your most excellent tune - 1:06.222 on only my third lap using it!
CostlessCape92 -- BIGTIME muscle Member
 2 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 8:05:53 AM(UTC)

Never thought I could tire of "Beamer Blue", after the roughly 100 laps yesterday, I concur, a livery is needed.

Originally Posted by: jungsten Go to Quoted Post
Great time DamMe, i have tested your tune, managed to replicate my former time but not to beat it. Im really inconsistent today, dunno what is wrong. Looking forward to see the paint, if you share it.

@jbaccord nice time, i might hop in the rivals section and try to hunt you down later

After way to many laps and going through different builds i ended up with raceboy´s tune. Only a slight improvement to a 6.799. Now i need a break 😫

Yeah, I wasn't my typical self this morning in M.P. either; these challenges are a blast but can wear one out if not paying attention.

Costless - "Impressive; most impressive!" (breathing regulator sounds in background)
 2 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 8:16:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jbaccord Go to Quoted Post

Costless - "Impressive; most impressive!" (breathing regulator sounds in background)

Thanks bud ;)

Time update - 1:05.829

1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 8:24:06 AM(UTC)
Great times guys. Looks like times are hotting up, not sure I can find an extra 0.8 to chase down Costless.

Mr D, you set your time as I was slightly improving mine. Will try your tune (and share mine). When does this challenge end?
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 10:07:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CostlessCape92 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks bud ;)

Time update - 1:05.829

Wow, you are killing it, impressive times. Congratulations 🍻

Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Great times guys. Looks like times are hotting up, not sure I can find an extra 0.8 to chase down Costless.

Mr D, you set your time as I was slightly improving mine. Will try your tune (and share mine). When does this challenge end?

The challenge was set at 4 am utc, so around this time.
Sunday night in the staates and canada, Monday morning european time.

I went back to the drawingboard and improved my tune, currently down to a 6.5xx on the rivals boards. Thanks for the ghost JB

Edited by user Saturday, August 11, 2018 10:08:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 11:58:37 AM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

Got this done in the last couple of hours. Need to colour him in and come up with a background or general theme for the car.

I was googling things trying to get an idea of what to paint when I came across this chap - seemed an obvious choice really.

Costless - cracking time - figured there was more time in it, as had a few laps where I gained or lost time as the lap went on.

I'll try get this finished up tomorrow & will share the end result for all to grab if they like it. Going to give my eyes a break now, catch you all later

Cheers

D

1 user liked this post.
#86 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 1:19:38 PM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

Got this done in the last couple of hours. Need to colour him in and come up with a background or general theme for the car.

I was googling things trying to get an idea of what to paint when I came across this chap - seemed an obvious choice really.

Awesome work, far better than anything I can do! Well if it was Wiley E. Coyote I would say its an ACME car in the making (rocket skates). Do you do requests? I have a Lancia in desperate need of an design from an anime; found the basic paint but it was missing the most important part, the Skull squadron logo.

Broke the 6.5 second mark with a .449; the back chicane is my apparent weak point. Thanks for pointing that out, Jungsten!
 1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 1:43:48 PM(UTC)
It's a character from an old Sega game called Jet Set Radio - his name is beat. As in Beat me challenge lol.

Done a number of Anime paints over the years - don't paint even a fraction of what I used to, I don't seem to have the patience for it anymore. PM me what you're after and once I've got this done, will see what I can do (if I think I can do it).

P.s. Nice time update - might have to try chasing some ghosts myself, been running against unbeatable drivatars in freeplay so far. They seem more beatable than usual with this track car combo I didn't really see them after the first lap.
 4 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 2:35:11 PM(UTC)
Tossing my hat in the ring if it ain't too late .... ran a 1.06.579 ....... bumpering DM through the traps :o)
....... But officer, I was going too fast to read the speed limit sign
 1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 2:46:32 PM(UTC)

Broke the 6.5 second mark with a .449; the back chicane is my apparent weak point. Thanks for pointing that out, Jungsten!

+1 on the paint, looks promising.

Your welcome, gotcha another weak point to figure out, your ghosts bring out the best in me, new PB 6.307

It's a character from an old Sega game called Jet Set Radio - his name is beat. As in Beat me challenge lol.

P.s. Nice time update - might have to try chasing some ghosts myself, been running against unbeatable drivatars in freeplay so far. They seem more beatable than usual with this track car combo I didn't really see them after the first lap.

Fitting name the fella got there 😄

You should definitely try to chase ghosts, makes you see where you do mistakes, if it wasn't for JB´s ghost id still be .5 slower

Welcome Joe, there are no restrictions on joining, have fun. Nice initial time 👍
 3 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 3:32:59 PM(UTC)
Thanks jungsten!

Squeezed a touch more out of the old girl .... 1.06.297
#91 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 3:51:18 PM(UTC)

I believe I still have that game actually; was bundled with my original Xbox, could never get rid of the thing even at Gamestop. Now I feel a little old, thanks. Keep up the good work!
#92 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 4:03:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UMTR BRUTALJOE Go to Quoted Post
Tossing my hat in the ring if it ain't too late .... ran a 1.06.579 ....... bumpering DM through the traps :o)

Your quote at the bottom reminds me of one of mine.

Officer: Do you know how fast you were driving?

Me: I wasn't driving too fast, I was flying too low.

Did not go over well, but we only live once. My only saving grace was that he failed to actually get me on radar/laser, he had just pulled into his hiding place.

Welcome to the chase!
#93 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 4:31:22 PM(UTC)

I believe I still have that game actually; was bundled with my original Xbox, could never get rid of the thing even at Gamestop. Now I feel a little old, thanks. Keep up the good work!

Lol - I had it on Dreamcast before the Xbox version. I reckon we're all not that far off in ages. I think mine was bundled with Sega GT but could be misremembering (been a while)

#94 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 4:53:09 PM(UTC)

Lol - I had it on Dreamcast before the Xbox version. I reckon we're all not that far off in ages. I think mine was bundled with Sega GT but could be misremembering (been a while)

That would be the other game it came with.
 2 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 5:03:12 PM(UTC)
Totally slipped my mind that we have ghosts again lol.

Time update - 1:05.758 - ran this lap in Rivals

@jungsten - I raced your ghost and reckon you'll catch me easily once you pick up just a bit more speed in the last corner :) nice run!

Edited by user Saturday, August 11, 2018 5:26:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#96 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 5:30:14 PM(UTC)

Your quote at the bottom reminds me of one of mine.

Officer: Do you know how fast you were driving?

Me: I wasn't driving too fast, I was flying too low.

Did not go over well, but we only live once. My only saving grace was that he failed to actually get me on radar/laser, he had just pulled into his hiding place.

Welcome to the chase!

Thanks!

Ya that would be flyin lol.

Put my disclaimer out there lol I don't encourage speeding on public roads or getting smart with johnny law :o)

That said I know it can go good or bad depending on the LEO's sense of humor .... but when they ask " do you know why I pulled you over ? " Just once I had to say " pull me over ? Nah I felt sorry for you because of the car they gave you to try to catch me with so I stopped since I couldn't see you in my mirror any longer" ....... went over good that day he had a sense of humor lol.

I got to admit I have been let go, finger pointed or waved to slow it down far more than I ever got a ticket.

I do like "Do you know how fast you were going?" Me .... Absolutely what did you radar say so i can tell you if it's properly calibrated .... I got a warning that day because he said that was the best comeback he heard all year lol.
 2 users liked this post.
#97 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 5:30:49 PM(UTC)

@jungsten - I raced your ghost and reckon you'll catch me easily once you pick up just a bit more speed in the last corner :) nice run!

The Caped Crusader is on fire .... fire I say :0)
#98 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 6:15:27 PM(UTC)

The Caped Crusader is on fire .... fire I say :0)

LOL - I know that it's just a matter of time before you beat me ...... by multiple tenths :D

Edited by user Saturday, August 11, 2018 6:17:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 3:40:49 AM(UTC)

Nice time Cape.
I don't think i could improve by that much even if i had all day. Id think your time is close to what is possible, but maybe we will see someone else challenging you before the challenge ends. As for me, i won't have time for another, final, run until tonight.

Nice sunday everyone 🍻

3 users liked this post.
#100 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 4:27:41 AM(UTC)
It's a little garish - not a design classic for sure lol but here it is;

Should be shared in the next 5 mins for anyone that wants a copy.
71 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error