This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
71 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:27:37 AM(UTC)
Since we had new players joining i just want to post the rules one more time

Quote:
1 player chooses a Car, Tune (Stock, Homologated or a Tune accessible to everyone), Track and condition of his liking, sets a time and posts all the necessary information, then whoever beats him first gets to choose the next stipulation. To guarantee diversity id suggest that the track and car division has to be different from race to race.

The player who has beaten the last challenge has to post a new stipulation within 24 hours or the old challenge is reactivated.

If the set time isn't beaten within 3 days the person who had set the time can choose a new stipulation or pass on his rights.

If the person fails to set up a new challenge within 24 hours the right to choose a stipulation goes to whomever claims it first

Rules are open for discussion.

DamMe had suggested before, that instead of the first guy beating the time is winning and picking the next stipulation, that there should be time for others to beat that time.

Should we put this to a vote? How long should the timeframe be in which one is allowed to beat the new set time? Any other rule suggestions ?
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:24:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jungsten Go to Quoted Post
Since we had new players joining i just want to post the rules one more time

Quote:
1 player chooses a Car, Tune (Stock, Homologated or a Tune accessible to everyone), Track and condition of his liking, sets a time and posts all the necessary information, then whoever beats him first gets to choose the next stipulation. To guarantee diversity id suggest that the track and car division has to be different from race to race.

The player who has beaten the last challenge has to post a new stipulation within 24 hours or the old challenge is reactivated.

If the set time isn't beaten within 3 days the person who had set the time can choose a new stipulation or pass on his rights.

If the person fails to set up a new challenge within 24 hours the right to choose a stipulation goes to whomever claims it first

Rules are open for discussion.

DamMe had suggested before, that instead of the first guy beating the time is winning and picking the next stipulation, that there should be time for others to beat that time.

Should we put this to a vote? How long should the timeframe be in which one is allowed to beat the new set time? Any other rule suggestions ?

Maybe a couple of days. I usually play in the evening BST (GMT +1), so you would need to think of players around the world hence 2 or 3 days. This also gives you time to keep track of what is the next challenge is. If I had beat DamMe at Rio I might have chosen something along the lines of Forza P2 @ Long Beach West
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:36:08 AM(UTC)
I agree that the challenges should be time sensitive instead of the 1st driver; given the time zone differences. We will never have a perfect system but I do feel we would all remain on the same page this way and allow everyone at least one attempt at the time. 72-96 hrs/3-4 days?

Do we allow "new" challengers to just jump in a challenge or wait until the next one is fresh; I really don't care just adding food for thought.

Should a driver post several (3 or more) challenges in a row with no change in Leader, what steps should we take? Not expecting this to happen but you never know.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 10:12:44 AM(UTC)
Thanks for sharing your opinions

I have created a poll about how long challenges are supposed to run

http://www.easypolls.net...b6c8525e4b0f78c70adc32c

About people joining, i don't see any good reason to make people wait to participate. I think that would just put people off.

As to what we will do if a player keeps putting up unbeatable challenges, excellent question, id suggest we set a maximum rule.

Here is the poll how many challenges one player is allowed to set up if they remain unbeaten

http://www.easypolls.net...b6c7fd2e4b0f78c70adc313

And i would suggest that the closest to beating the final challenge will get to choose the next stipulation

* I have never used this poll site before, hope everything works as expected

Edited by user Thursday, August 9, 2018 10:15:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 11:01:42 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure a polling site is necessary lol. There's only a handful of us at present.

I'd be quite happy with a 3-4 day timetable, sounds fair to get a time in. We're not going to be keeping score, so if someone can't post a time or doesn't fancy the challenge, they can sit one out & join the next one.

As to picking next challenge, could always rotate amongst ourselves. That way everyone gets a go & nobody either is picking all the time (if they're quick) or not getting a chance to pick. Might mix things up & keep them fresh?
#56 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 11:56:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure a polling site is necessary lol. There's only a handful of us at present.

I'd be quite happy with a 3-4 day timetable, sounds fair to get a time in. We're not going to be keeping score, so if someone can't post a time or doesn't fancy the challenge, they can sit one out & join the next one.

As to picking next challenge, could always rotate amongst ourselves. That way everyone gets a go & nobody either is picking all the time (if they're quick) or not getting a chance to pick. Might mix things up & keep them fresh?

3 days seems to be favored, so let's go with that for now.

I don't mind rotating, but i think we will get confused who's turn it is pretty quickly, but we can try it.

I hope KTVDS will give us a new challenge soon, ive tried setting times on some boards, but outside of a competition it ain't no fun for me
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:02:11 PM(UTC)
The competition is the next person ahead of you, as old as time itself. Pick a rival, beat their time, pick a new rival.

Works best with friends who are likely to notice & aim for your time - good for these friendly competitions as well.

So far only been setting times in C Class rivals boards as knew I had a few tunes topped out in C. Still having fun with the update.

If it's KT up next, bring it on lad!
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:52:39 PM(UTC)
I'm just looking for some fun and friendly racing :) The simpler the better ;)

CostlessCape92 -- BIGTIME muscle Member
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 5:27:25 PM(UTC)
Ah my apologies I didn't realize I was up next! I'll pick a set up and set a time in the next few minutes then I'll edit this post.

πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:55:53 PM(UTC)
OK folks your next challenge is in.

For this one you'll be driving one of my actual vehicles (sort of) and all time favourite (also jungsten's favourite) car, the 2003 BMW M5, on Road Atlanta Club Circuit.

2003 BMW M5, homologated, no tune
Road Atlanta Club
1:07.043

..sorry for making you guys wait so long. πŸ˜…

πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 10:14:37 PM(UTC)
Just done a quick 6 lap run before work. Not fiddled with the build as wasn't sure if that was allowed. 1:09.104 ouch 2 seconds off target. Some work to do over the weekend it seems.
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 4:48:57 AM(UTC)
Nice run DamMe. Once you get used to the car you’ll blitz my time no problem. Heck, it took me 6 laps to even set a clean time. I would say by all means run a tune, I would imagine it’d settle the car down and help manage the body roll lol.

I’ll be gone all weekend so I wish everyone luck and have fun out there! 😁

πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 4:59:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
OK folks your next challenge is in.

For this one you'll be driving one of my actual vehicles (sort of) and all time favourite (also jungsten's favourite) car, the 2003 BMW M5, on Road Atlanta Club Circuit.

2003 BMW M5, homologated, no tune
Road Atlanta Club
1:07.043

..sorry for making you guys wait so long. πŸ˜…

Oh my, its driving worse than it's looking, and its hideous πŸ˜‚

1:08.580 in the first attempt.

Happy fishtailing everyone

Edit: nevermind the fishtailing was a result of me grinding the curb like a mad man 😡

No further improvement in the second attempt. Now its time for barbecue, ill go at it again tonite

Good luck everyone

Edit : 3rd attempt, in the 7´s now. 1:07.9xx

Edited by user Friday, August 10, 2018 8:43:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 8:54:24 AM(UTC)
First 20 lap run, netted myself a 1:07.802; that mid-track sweeper is the make or break point, for me at least.
#65 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 9:09:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jbaccord Go to Quoted Post
First 20 lap run, netted myself a 1:07.802; that mid-track sweeper is the make or break point, for me at least.

Nice run! Im always a slow starter, took me about 50 laps to get in the 7´s. My main struggle is turn 3, as well as the last turn, i struggle to maintain momentum there.
 2 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 9:10:52 AM(UTC)
After a couple of 5 lap runs, I'm at 1:07.373.
Current build is Street Springs, Race ARBS, Race Diff, Full Aero and OZ Supertourismo GT rims to bring the PI back to 525.
 2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 10:03:08 AM(UTC)
I tweaked the build too. Went full aero full roll cage, sport brakes & suspension. Race roll bars & a set of wheels to bring it to 525.

Didn't touch tune - just build.

Did 2 X 6 lap runs which got me in the 1:07's then a 10 lap run which has netted me a 1:06.952 on lap 10.

Don't know if the build helped or just more track time.

Still over to you guys, have at it. There's a hair's breadth between me & KTVDS so I reckon beat one beat all lol.

Edited by user Saturday, August 11, 2018 3:43:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Possible word swap, posted from my phone

#68 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 10:53:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Current build is Street Springs, Race ARBS, Race Diff, Full Aero and OZ Supertourismo GT rims to bring the PI back to 525.

I tweaked the build too. Went full aero full roll cage, sport brakes & suspension. Race roll bars & a set of wheels to bring it to 525.

Did 2 X 6 lap runs which got me in the 1:07's then a 10 lap run which has netted me a 1:06.952 on lap 10.

Still over to you guys, have at it. There's a hair's breadth between me & KTVDS so I reckon between one beat all lol.

Nice runs guys. Congratulations DamMe. When i saw hanson´s post i also tweaked the car a bit, but i also changed the ride height and reduced downforce, don't know if this still counts. Managed a 1:07.2xx. Dirtied a 1:6.9xx as well.

How are the rules now about tuning ?
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 11:14:33 AM(UTC)
I would say by all means run a tune, I would imagine it’d settle the car down and help manage the body roll lol.

The original rabbit if you like gets to set the rules.

KT said he was ok with tuning, just so happens I'm rubbish at it. So left mine stock but you can go wild if you know what you're doing.

I just figured the aero would help. If I build a car I nearly always go for as much handling as I can, before adding power. Not much wiggle room for the build between a stock pi of 500 & 525 so did what I could.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 11:37:38 AM(UTC)

Since I don't "tune"; I don't care what the rules are as long as, if a "tune" was used to set a time it be made available to all; should they feel a need to use it. A winning "tune" should be shared at the end of the event.

As far as "build" regulations go:(Just Suggestions)
Holomogated: tire, tire width, and horsepower restrictions obviously; beyond that I don't care.
Class: P.I. restricted; gloves are off
Stock: Straight from the dealer
Sport: All parts up to "Sport" limits are acceptable though not required; P.I. restrictions set by current event Leader but rounded up to nearest 5 P.I. (Race Suspension possible, I suppose)
Supercar: Maxed out cars

Looks to be another eye-lash race for the most part

Edited by user Friday, August 10, 2018 11:57:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 11:38:09 AM(UTC)

Still over to you guys, have at it. There's a hair's breadth between me & KTVDS so I reckon between one beat all lol.

Nice runs guys. Congratulations DamMe. When i saw hanson´s post i also tweaked the car a bit, but i also changed the ride height and reduced downforce, don't know if this still counts. Managed a 1:07.2xx. Dirtied a 1:6.9xx as well.

I would say by all means run a tune, I would imagine it’d settle the car down and help manage the body roll lol.

KT said he was ok with tuning, just so happens I'm rubbish at it. So left mine stock but you can go wild if you know what you're doing.

I just figured the aero would help. If I build a car I nearly always go for as much handling as I can, before adding power. Not much wiggle room for the build between a stock pi of 500 & 525 so did what I could.

Updated time of 1:06.799 (had a dirty 1:06.5) using DamMe's build, with very limited tuning.
Aero was maxed on front and 160 on rear
#72 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 11:38:52 AM(UTC)

I also build handling cars, but mainly because im a rubbish driver, and i need a well behaved car not to end up in a tirewall all the time

I just reset the tune to stock and drove a 6.898 guess the tune wasn't needed.

1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 12:23:11 PM(UTC)
Nice times Hanson & Jungsten - may have another run tomorrow, reached chilling time tonight for me. Mad day at work, combined with a few cheeky Friday beers = movie, almost immediately followed by sleep.

Have fun chaps.

Cheers

D
#74 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 1:13:49 PM(UTC)

Updated time of 1:06.799 (had a dirty 1:06.5) using DamMe's build, with very limited tuning.
Aero was maxed on front and 160 on rear

Well done Hanson, congrats.

Nice times Hanson & Jungsten - may have another run tomorrow, reached chilling time tonight for me. Mad day at work, combined with a few cheeky Friday beers = movie, almost immediately followed by sleep.

Have fun chaps.

Cheers

D

Thanks, enjoy your movie.

I shared my build, name is beat me atl. Ill also call it a night, much success to ya'll
 2 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 4:21:44 PM(UTC)
I've tossed just about every build possible at this car, within limits, I think. Can't say I've noticed any real differences in time, just more on stability. I have managed to bring my time down to :7.156; for those who have already broken the 6 second barrier, congrats, cause its not easy.

Managed to finally join the club, 1:06.816

Edited by user Friday, August 10, 2018 4:56:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

71 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error