This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
71 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 1:23:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
If you guys don't have me beat by then, more than happy to pass the baton on to the closest chap.

To be fair this division is so underloved as I was scrolling through tracks to run I saw 2 other No 1's I set when Count released the tune are still there.

This makes me sound way faster than I am. In the weekly HLC's I have been promoted out of the bottom tier twice only to be relegated again shortly thereafter. If some of the guys from over there took an interest, pretty sure my times would be toast in no time!

Not sure if a wipe is in the offing or not, only time will tell I guess. Be a little surprised if it happens, guess it depends on just how different the new track limits are. Could be selective wipe if some tracks are more heavily affected.

I think you sell yourself a bit short, just because someone can beat you with a street/race car won't mean he can do it with a buggy. If it would be that easy to set a new record someone would have done it already, and if only for bragging rights. I think a lot of people can't handle the buggies as well as cars therefore its no given you are only on top for lack of interest by the quick guys.

I kinda hope they do a complete wipe. I have seen people extending with 4 wheels for good laps, if they don't wipe those times there is no chance for those times to be ever beaten again.

#27 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 5:37:42 AM(UTC)
Me about 15 minutes ago

I didn't believe i had it in me, but i set a 1:03.161 at suzuka.

Weird thing is it only took me 8 laps, after at least 100 attempts before that. My starting lap today was 2 full seconds faster than all before, and from that point i just got better every lap.

I had set the race up for 25 laps, and because i wasn't sure it would store my time i finished the race. longest victory run ever 😄

Thanks again DamMe, you had me way past my frustration threshold with this challenge at times, but in the end it was definitely worth it. That grin will stay on my face all day.

@ jbaccord. Nice tight battle, i was sure you will beat the time before me.

Ill put up a new challenge as soon as i know about the update.

Edited by user Monday, August 6, 2018 6:41:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 8:31:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jungsten Go to Quoted Post
Me about 15 minutes ago

I didn't believe i had it in me, but i set a 1:03.161 at suzuka.

CONGRATUATIONS! I meant to spend some late night, early morning hours doing runs but received company last evening and had to entertain; always nice when kids remember to visit the old man.

Looking forward to the next challenge, hopefully one with a slightly lower and more stable center of gravity. Good choice DamMe; took me out of the comfort zone!
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 9:05:28 AM(UTC)
Nice one Jungsten, officially No 1 in the world. Feels good doesn't it!

Will keep an eye on the thread for the next challenge. Might even watch the mixer stream for once to find out what's going on with this update.

@JB - that's always been a benefit of the HLC's driven so many different cars now - that I wouldn't necessarily have gone near apart from perhaps running once in career.

I've probably driven more cars on FM7 than I did on any one previous Forza. Partly because the game has encouraged me to own them but more down to hot lap challenges set outside my comfort zone lol. Homologation probably plays it part as well when I think about it. In previous games you ended up with your handful of go to cars in each class - now you need to have something to run in each of the various categories.
#30 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 9:25:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jbaccord Go to Quoted Post

CONGRATUATIONS! I meant to spend some late night, early morning hours doing runs but received company last evening and had to entertain; always nice when kids remember to visit the old man.

Looking forward to the next challenge, hopefully one with a slightly lower and more stable center of gravity. Good choice DamMe; took me out of the comfort zone!

Thanks, im still some years away from getting visited by my son as he turned 4 this summer. I managed to squeeze in a run before picking him up from kindergarten.
I was thinking about a truck challenge next 😂. No, just kidding.

Nice one Jungsten, officially No 1 in the world. Feels good doesn't it!

Will keep an eye on the thread for the next challenge. Might even watch the mixer stream for once to find out what's going on with this update.

@JB - that's always been a benefit of the HLC's driven so many different cars now - that I wouldn't necessarily have gone near apart from perhaps running once in career.

I've probably driven more cars on FM7 than I did on any one previous Forza. Partly because the game has encouraged me to own them but more down to hot lap challenges set outside my comfort zone lol. Homologation probably plays it part as well when I think about it. In previous games you ended up with your handful of go to cars in each class - now you need to have something to run in each of the various categories.

Sure feels good, even though it's on a leaderboard with few people. Which time is the show starting in CEST ? or BST.

1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 9:27:17 AM(UTC)
I believe it's 9pm UK time - so about 2.5 hours from now.

Edit:

Was beginning to doubt myself but just found this in the Horizon 4 section from Manteomax

Monday August 6 at 1pm Pacific (9pm London)

So not my imagination at least - knew I'd seen it posted somewhere lol

Edited by user Monday, August 6, 2018 10:08:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Checked time

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 11:42:07 AM(UTC)

Thanks, im still some years away from getting visited by my son as he turned 4 this summer. I managed to squeeze in a run before picking him up from kindergarten.
I was thinking about a truck challenge next 😂. No, just kidding.

My son's Kindergarten teacher was from the UK, he ended up picking up some of her enunciation's of words. It was cute coming from a kid with a "southern" accent; didn't stick though. Enjoy the time, before long its commencements and graduations and all you can ask yourself is, "Where did it go"? I grew up less than a hour from where the original Monster Truck: Bigfoot, came to life; this is one Yank who has never understood this country's fascination to them.
#33 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 2:03:39 PM(UTC)

My son's Kindergarten teacher was from the UK, he ended up picking up some of her enunciation's of words. It was cute coming from a kid with a "southern" accent

I can imagine, we are a multilingual household and my son is exposed to 3 different german accents, english, french as well as kiswahili in his everyday life. Sometimes he makes me laugh tears when hes mixing up languages 😂

Enjoy the time, before long its commencements and graduations and all you can ask yourself is, "Where did it go"?

Thanks i try my best. I had missed most of his first 2 years due to my working situation, then my health issues had me fired and i have been told by a doctor im only allowed to work in the office from here on out. Been rehabilitating for 2 years now. Gave me the chance to make up the lost time.

I grew up less than a hour from where the original Monster Truck: Bigfoot, came to life; this is one Yank who has never understood this country's fascination to them.

I used to watch monster trucks on tv when i was a kid, they have a certain charme, but more for an offroad or destruction type of arcade game rather than a serious racing game.

On another note, T10 announced the update for wednesday, and all my hopes and wishes have come true. New tracklimits, wiped leaderboards and time attack.

So there won't be another challenge before wednesday night or some time thursday, european time.

Furthermore all challenges will be set and played in the time attack menus.

I might have found a new participant as well, as KTVSD told me he will give our game a try 😊

2 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 5:27:06 PM(UTC)
1:02.136 with the buggy on Suzuka. Might as well keep going until Wednesday. 😛

🇨🇦
#35 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:30:54 AM(UTC)
😯 There goes my number 1. Fantastic time KTVDS. You are right, we can just leave this running and the best time wins. But since the original challenge was beaten, DamMe should be allowed to compete as well. So the best time before the leaderboards get wiped gets to choose the next stipulation.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 7:40:33 AM(UTC)
Sounds good! Your move gentlemen. 😉

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:50:23 AM(UTC)
Sorry Jungsten bumped you to #3 managed 1:02.838 after 20 laps. Not sure I'll be able to find another .800 to catch KTVDS well played sir.

Might still have a few more runs just not sure where the time will come from. At the point where I can pretty consistently run mid 1:03 now - so a second and a bit from there is a lot to catch up!
#38 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:27:32 AM(UTC)
Congratulations on both your times, i might get at it one final time tomorrow before they wipe the leaderboards.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:41:43 PM(UTC)
Interesting idea this. I currently prefer Rio Moutain Reverse as I'm only 0.3 off DamMe's time, 50.775 to 51.071
Don't worry about the HLCs as I'm usually in the bottom third, and have come nowhere close to advancing a tier.
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:56:55 PM(UTC)
Greetings Hanson, good to see someone else giving Rio a run. Good luck & fingers crossed we get a new#1 before the wipe

I made the mistake of trying suzuka on my wheel, figured there was such limited braking & much smoothness required it might actually work for me. Forgot about the super difficulty setting that gets unlocked as soon as I plug the wheel in lol. Let's just say it didn't work out for me.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:56:55 PM(UTC)
Welcome Hanson!

Lol DamMe, I bought a Xbox wheel back in FM3 to give it a go. Needless to say I sold it after a few months... 😅

Also if it helps, I only brake for the first turn on Suzuka, then flat out through the esses, finally lift off a little bit for the last turn.

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:02:42 PM(UTC)
Warm welcome to those joining in! Impressive times from both; this is going to force me to quit sitting on my laurels and grow, cool.

I only ever tried a wheel in FM4, immediately found myself about 10 seconds back from typical controller times, managed to get within 2 secs of controller times but could never close the gap. Haven't attempted a wheel since. Wish I could learn brake and throttle modulation with my fingers better, but decades of "on/off" button presses have set in a bad habit in these games; quick scope skills are solid though.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:34:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Interesting idea this. I currently prefer Rio Moutain Reverse as I'm only 0.3 off DamMe's time, 50.775 to 51.071
Don't worry about the HLCs as I'm usually in the bottom third, and have come nowhere close to advancing a tier.

Hello and welcome. Nice time on rio, gave up on that one in favor of suzuka, i just couldn't handle all the shaking and bouncing at this track.

Greetings Hanson, good to see someone else giving Rio a run. Good luck & fingers crossed we get a new#1 before the wipe

I made the mistake of trying suzuka on my wheel, figured there was such limited braking & much smoothness required it might actually work for me. Forgot about the super difficulty setting that gets unlocked as soon as I plug the wheel in lol. Let's just say it didn't work out for me.

Haven't ever tried a wheel, but from what i have read its supposed to be more fun, while at the same time slower, in forza at least. Maybe one day ill get to try it.

Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
Welcome Hanson!

Lol DamMe, I bought a Xbox wheel back in FM3 to give it a go. Needless to say I sold it after a few months... 😅

Also if it helps, I only brake for the first turn on Suzuka, then flat out through the esses, finally lift off a little bit for the last turn.

Well that explains how you are that fast. Im constantly tapping the brakes to balance out the car

Warm welcome to those joining in! Impressive times from both; this is going to force me to quit sitting on my laurels and grow, cool.

I only ever tried a wheel in FM4, immediately found myself about 10 seconds back from typical controller times, managed to get within 2 secs of controller times but could never close the gap. Haven't attempted a wheel since. Wish I could learn brake and throttle modulation with my fingers better, but decades of "on/off" button presses have set in a bad habit in these games; quick scope skills are solid though.

This is my first forza ever, and i haven't played racing games much before, so when i started i utilized all assist at first, but abs just felt broken to me, i had it switched off within days, because i couldn't get a consistent braking experience. Stability control and traction control on the other hand were quite hard to get rid of.

2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 4:51:06 PM(UTC)
If there's enough room left in the sandbox I would like to play :)

Mark me down with a 1:34.644 lap at Suzuka East.

Y'all are putting down some FAST lap times!

Time update - 1:02.724

Fun stuff!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 7, 2018 6:13:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CostlessCape92 -- BIGTIME muscle Member
 2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:44:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CostlessCape92 Go to Quoted Post

Fun stuff!

That's quite the improvement, and so quickly.

Couldn't let things rest as they were on Suzuka, gave it one last 20 lap run and #15 was the one, 1:02.906.
 2 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:14:36 AM(UTC)

Fun stuff!

Hello and welcome, the more the better 😉 Fantastic time and a great improvement

Couldn't let things rest as they were on Suzuka, gave it one last 20 lap run and #15 was the one, 1:02.906.

Congratulations, well done. Now im practically forced to try and better myself one last time.

#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:26:25 AM(UTC)

Fun stuff!

Hahaha I believe my first attempt was actually a 1:03.644 ..... :D

Nice time Improvement to you as well!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:29:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CostlessCape92 -- BIGTIME muscle Member
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 5:32:49 AM(UTC)
I only now saw that it was 1:34, i read 1:04 all the time 😄

Anyways, it seems today is the day that my wife has decided to disturb me everytime i pick up the controller. First attempt she came home inbetween two clients and was yelling on the phone for half an hour. Second attempt she called me in the middle of a promising lap. I will leave it at that, since the son is about to come home and i won't be able to concentrate.

Who´s Shaun btw? He just beat everyone at both tracks 😲

Anyway if everything remains the same KTVDS gets to choose the next stipulation.

Looking forward to a fresh challenge

Edited by user Wednesday, August 8, 2018 5:38:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 7:05:35 AM(UTC)

Who´s Shaun btw? He just beat everyone at both tracks 😲

Those times were up before I set mine, threw me for a loop at the moment as well. Was expecting to see a name here and instead it was a, "Who's this?" 1:01 and some change, going to need Nitrous to close that gap; presently. Don't see it as unattainable by some others in here though.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:09:46 AM(UTC)
I didn't manage to improve last night or this afternoon, a quick 5 laps. Just have to do it all over again in a couple of hours after the wipe.
71 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error