This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
63 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 8:02:27 AM(UTC)
Hi guys, let's play a game shall we?

Rules:

1 player chooses a Car, Tune (Stock, Homologated or a Tune accessible to everyone), Track and condition of his liking, sets a time and posts all the necessary information, whoever sets the best time within 3 days gets to choose the next stipulation. To guarantee diversity id suggest that the track and car division has to be different from challenge to challenge.

The player who has beaten the last challenge has to post a new stipulation within 24 hours or the second best will get to set a new stipulation instead.

If the set time isn't beaten within 3 days the person who had set the time can choose a new stipulation or pass on his rights.

If the person fails to set up a new challenge within 24 hours the right to choose a stipulation goes to whomever claims it first

Rules are open for discussion.

To kick things of

Beat Me by BaBaKeIsaiah, on Flickr

Pagani Zonda C, homologated, Prague full

1:50.237

Gl & Hf

Edited by user Sunday, December 9, 2018 5:04:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 10:18:02 AM(UTC)
Hi,

Told you I'd have a stab at this.

You mentioned homologated but didn't specify if it was tuned or not. I had a Zonda c tune from a friend I'd had some luck with, ran that. 1:48.968 for 274th WW.

Hope that counts.

Cheers

D
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 11:22:43 AM(UTC)
Hi thanks for competing. I was running the car untuned, but since i didn't say tunes aren't allowed it'll count. Nice time, congratulations 👍

Now you get to choose the stipulation.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:18:47 PM(UTC)
Fair enough - I figured there'd be a time allowance for others to beat my time within the 24hrs.

However if it's my shout, I'm going Alfa Romeo SZ homologated (tuning allowed) I used my own tune - pretty sure I shared it ages ago but use whatever suits.

Sonoma Short.

Time to beat 1:26.505 that's 423rd WW at the moment - shouldn't be too hard to beat, had given up on getting back on the forums as was unable to load them for a couple of hours, so had stuck a film on. Booted up an old lap top which seems to be letting me on the forums, whereas my phone is still saying no lol. So ran a quick race but going back to my movie now.

Love the SZ - was gutted it was locked for so long, had a paint I liked for it from fm6, which obviously makes me go super quick, so good luck!
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:08:12 PM(UTC)
The forum has been making problems for 2 nights now for me. But with some patience its working.

If we get some people joining the game and people prefer a system in which you can "steal the w" by beating the time i don't mind changing the system, but for now let's run like this

I couldn't find your tune. I gave it a try with the untuned homologated version but it tends to break out under pressure. Couldn't get lower as 1:29.9 or so. I will try to find a nice tune and give it another try.

Sonoma is one of my weakest tracks, will be good practice.

Edit: tried some tunes, found one to my liking (by fuzzy ziggy) Currently at 1:28.092. Will give it another go tomorrow

Edited by user Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:42:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:26:54 PM(UTC)
Fell asleep during my movie, just woke up and tried sharing my tune again. Just getting a try again later message each time - rebooted xbox - still the same.

Need to get some proper sleep lol. Will try again before work in the morning.

I like short tracks for hot lapping, Sonoma being one of them. If you mess up somewhere, you're never very far from the start of the next lap, less frustrating for me as I have a tendency to mess up a fair bit.

Catch you tomorrow & good luck.

Cheers

D
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:50:29 AM(UTC)
Boring movie or getting old ? 😜

That problem still exists? One would have thought that they have got this fixed by now. Once this happens, unless you make the tune from scratch, on a new car, you won't be able to share it as far as i know.

Im down to a 27.527 now, im slowly getting there

I must say with the right car and tune this sonoma layout is fun. Im not to familiar with most short layouts, but i see the benefit when hotlapping.

Edit: Tried myself in tuning the car, mighty successful as it seems, down to 26.964 😁

Edited by user Thursday, August 2, 2018 7:55:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:39:07 PM(UTC)
Finally got you 😤 Set a 26.268 after adjusting the gears in my tune. Thanks for the challenge. I will put up a new challenge tomorrow.

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 8:15:22 AM(UTC)
Set #359 1:26.244 last night. Sorry to crash the party, have been told the ball is in my court so:

Subaru BRZ (Homologate) 520
Watkin's Glenn Full
2:10.098
should still be meat on the bone, hadn't dipped into race parts yet.

Are we putting a time limit on this and if so, what; I know this contest is already International?

Edited by user Friday, August 3, 2018 8:26:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 8:29:15 AM(UTC)
Hi, nice choice, over the weekend the child is at his grandparents house, so i have to entertain the wife. I will give it a go once she's sleeping

Quote:
If the set time isn't beaten within 3 days the person who had set the time can choose a new stipulation or pass on his rights.

Edited by user Friday, August 3, 2018 8:46:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 10:52:26 AM(UTC)
Hi,

Jb - is your GT similar to your forum name but not the same? Just wondering as can see a chap with a very similar GT on the boards near me has a PB in a S2000 on Watkins Glen full.

Went with a handling build all race only HP increase is from an exhaust I fitted, adjusted tyre pressure and brake pressure only on the tune - seems to handle pretty well with the stock tune. Happy with my time so far, will see how far people push this in the time available.

@Jungsten - the sleeping through my movie is a combination of age, work & Lifestyle lol. Get home knackered from work, have a couple of beers playing Forza or whatever my current game is, decide to stick a movie on and immediately fall asleep. It's usually a movie I've seen before, so don't miss much lol.

Cheers

D

P.s was out last night, so not on the forums or game at all - a relatively rare occurrence lol
#12 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 1:30:02 PM(UTC)
I gave it a go while the wife was cooking, used an untuned car and got a low 11, couple better times that i dirtied. The wife has gone to sleep so ill give it another go.

@DamMe

I was just kidding. I remember working 3 different shifts a week (3 days morning, 2 days late, 2 days nightshift), 7 days straight, then one day off. I fell asleep all the time. This time i can't get a good nights sleep due to ongoing health issues.
Hope you had a nice time out.
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 1:37:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Jb - is your GT similar to your forum name but not the same? Just wondering as can see a chap with a very similar GT on the boards near me has a PB in a S2000 on Watkins Glen full.

jbaccord30 is I. Most likely is me as in Modern Spo-Com that would be my preferred pick of poison.
#14 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 1:43:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jungsten Go to Quoted Post
I gave it a go while the wife was cooking, used an untuned car and got a low 11, couple better times that i dirtied. The wife has gone to sleep so ill give it another go.

That is exactly where I was until my 10th lap and the 2:10 came together; that was my limit for setting the time also.
#15 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 2:17:10 PM(UTC)
Got you beat now by the blink of an eye 2:10.055. Drove it untuned except for a change of pressure in the tires.

But it seems DamMe beat me to it + he set the better time with a 09.822.

So DamMe gets to choose the next stipulation. Congrats and well done 🍻
#16 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 9:39:43 PM(UTC)
O.k. chaps for your next challenge, you get to decide whether you will be king of the mountain, or king of the road.

My weapon of choice is a Penhall Cholla tuned by ECT unCOUNTed

King of the Mountain;

Rio Mountain Reverse

Or King of the Road;

Suzuka East

1:03.304

Due to the lack of love for this division the leaderboards are pretty unpopulated - you are guaranteed a number 1 time, all you have to do is chase me down. Both times set within 6 laps, so should be doable.

Count released this tune early days of the game, he's #1 on Laguna Seca with it - so it is a good tune but I won't restrict you to that if you want to have a play around with the build and tune yourself.

Good luck & have fun!

D
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 12:59:14 AM(UTC)
Thank you for the new challenges, i will give both of them, as well as the tune, a go. I can see myself struggling here, as i don't like the car and im bad at hill climbing. We will see how it goes.

Edit: Gave rio a first shot. Untuned 55.xxx. With Count´s tune the car is much more stable. 6 laps got me a 52.687.

Next to Suzuka

Edit 2: This is way more fun than expected. 6 laps for a 1:04.503.

Not sure i can beat rio, without ordering 10 spare controllers at least, but Suzuka should be doable.

Off for the hunt 🤠

Edited by user Saturday, August 4, 2018 1:36:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 10:16:03 AM(UTC)
Not quite there yet, but it's getting closer 51:315 in Rio and 1:04.292 at Suzuka. Next try once the wife is sleeping
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 10:55:41 AM(UTC)
Never been a fan of Rio and its showing; best so far is 52.005. Suzuka on the other hand is within reach, if I can stop scrubbing speed on that last right hand sweeper; 1:03.745. Using ECT"s tune presently. Might need a tie-breaker on this on.
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 10:59:54 AM(UTC)
Times are creeping closer, I reckon you'll have me caught on your next run.

Good luck & have fun
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 3:20:31 PM(UTC)
Improved my times further, but not there yet. I have tried some other tunes and had some success with russianwolflp´s tune. 1:03.967 at suzuka and 51.286 at rio. I declare defeat for tonight. Tomorrow we are going for a family trip, so ill have to see if i can squeeze a lap or two in before and afterwards. Good luck jbaccord.
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 11:12:27 AM(UTC)
Going to be honest, I haven't even returned to Rio. Managed a 1:02.995^ on Suzuka but like it says, it was a dirty lap; though I don't recall why. I need 2 tenths otherwise, 1:03.473. Enjoying the challenge for about half the time and then want to toss the controller as I go from a 1:03 lap to a 1:05 lap every other lap; its that third transition rounding the slight incline.
#23 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 11:50:22 AM(UTC)
Im sure you can get there, since you already had the time beaten. i slightly improved to a 1:03.884 at suzuka. Had a 1:03.7xx that was dirty, but i have reached my level i think. I drove 40ish laps on both tracks without any improvements. I will take a step back tonight and will give it a final run tomorrow. Might become the first unbeaten challenge.

HLR moss posted in the HLR hot lap contest thread that an forza update is expected for tuesday, and there is a possibility it will include the revised tracklimits, in which case the leaderboards will be wiped.

DamMe´s challenge, if not beaten before, is supposed to end tomorrow evening european time, i guess that is mid day for jbaccord. But i think it's best to hold off with a new challenge until we know about the update.

Edited by user Sunday, August 5, 2018 11:52:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 12:37:14 PM(UTC)
If you guys don't have me beat by then, more than happy to pass the baton on to the closest chap.

To be fair this division is so underloved as I was scrolling through tracks to run I saw 2 other No 1's I set when Count released the tune are still there.

This makes me sound way faster than I am. In the weekly HLC's I have been promoted out of the bottom tier twice only to be relegated again shortly thereafter. If some of the guys from over there took an interest, pretty sure my times would be toast in no time!

Not sure if a wipe is in the offing or not, only time will tell I guess. Be a little surprised if it happens, guess it depends on just how different the new track limits are. Could be selective wipe if some tracks are more heavily affected.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 5:20:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
If you guys don't have me beat by then, more than happy to pass the baton on to the closest chap.

To be fair this division is so underloved as I was scrolling through tracks to run I saw 2 other No 1's I set when Count released the tune are still there.

This makes me sound way faster than I am. In the weekly HLC's I have been promoted out of the bottom tier twice only to be relegated again shortly thereafter. If some of the guys from over there took an interest, pretty sure my times would be toast in no time!

Not sure if a wipe is in the offing or not, only time will tell I guess. Be a little surprised if it happens, guess it depends on just how different the new track limits are. Could be selective wipe if some tracks are more heavily affected.

Must be bored or getting lonely up there at the top? Being the odd man out, time wise, I will defer my vote to the current challenge leader, should it be required to help decide the next challenge.

As I drive this thing, I can't help but think the game is missing a off-road/baja/Dakar run; then the mental images of Mad Max come to mind in M.P. and I know exactly why it wasn't included.

While I welcome any new challengers to the fray; it's rare to find yourself in the midst of other drivers who are separated by tenths of a second and not seconds alone. At the present moment, it is pretty much anyone's race which precisely why I'm working at it like I am.

63 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error