1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 10:54:24 AM(UTC)
Forza Summer Update
Alan Hartman
Thursday, July 26, 2018
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza_summer_update
https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/1022499135889518594

Quote:
One major area of discussion for the team has been prize crates. While we’ve never charged money for prize crates in Forza Motorsport 7, their presence in the game has continued to be a source of controversy. The overwhelming feedback has been that this system feels out of place in the game. After careful consideration, we have decided to completely remove prize crates from Forza Motorsport 7. Similarly, paid tokens – which were a part of previous Forza games – will not be coming to Forza Motorsport 7 or Forza Horizon 4.

Quote:
As always, I want to thank the Forza community for your passion and commitment and for being such an integral part of everything we do. With more updates planned for Forza Motorsport 7 and the launch of Forza Horizon 4 just around the corner, the second half of 2018 promises to be busier and more exciting than ever. As always, we’re eager to hear your feedback. Follow us on Twitter, share a post in the Forza Forums, or send us an e-mail, and let your voice be heard. It’s a great time to be a Forza fan and I’m glad we get to share it with you.
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:02:28 AM(UTC)
I'm sure 'it feels out of place' was the least that people had to say about crates and tokens, hah. Very good to see at least this form of lottery/microtransactions won't be returning.
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:14:58 AM(UTC)
If I was the game maker, and had people willing to through money at me buying tokens, I'd have left them in there. I don't recall anyone being forced to buy those, or spend in game credits on crates.

One thing that could been neat to have in the crates would be car parts, or body kits.

Edited by user Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:18:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 12:45:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
If I was the game maker, and had people willing to through money at me buying tokens, I'd have left them in there. I don't recall anyone being forced to buy those, or spend in game credits on crates.

One thing that could been neat to have in the crates would be car parts, or body kits.

Loot Crates and Premium Currency are hallmarks of mobile money-sucking ill practice that nobody wants to see in gaming in any form. Even if their implementation wasn't exploitative, they still gave the impression that Turn 10 are keeping their foot in the water. The news in the OP gives a firm statement that they want to distance themselves from those practices.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 12:52:15 PM(UTC)
So how do we go about getting Driver gear once the crates are removed?
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:02:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post

Coming in the next update: "Forza Motorsport Life Shop" ........

/s =P

Edited by user Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:06:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:06:12 PM(UTC)
You mean people are going to actually have to play the game to progress?
 8 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:57:28 PM(UTC)
You know what, I think Turn 10 has been doing a very good job since the release of FM7. Especially in recent months, it feels as if they are very connected to the community. Sure FM7 was rocky in certain areas, but you can really feel the amount of effort that has been going into updating the game month by month. It certainly feels that, as a member of the Forza community, my thoughts are valued and considered by the team. That's a great feeling to have when Forza plays such a big part in your life. Anyway, just wanted to say cheers and keep up the good work. 🙂🍻

🇨🇦
 6 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 2:31:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
You know what, I think Turn 10 has been doing a very good job since the release of FM7. Especially in recent months, it feels as if they are very connected to the community. Sure FM7 was rocky in certain areas, but you can really feel the amount of effort that has been going into updating the game month by month. It certainly feels that, as a member of the Forza community, my thoughts are valued and considered by the team. That's a great feeling to have when Forza plays such a big part in your life. Anyway, just wanted to say cheers and keep up the good work. 🙂🍻

Agree with this 100%.
 3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 2:58:14 PM(UTC)
The one thing that bothered myself about tokens was when they had Forza Hub points tied to them. I felt it was a slimy way to make people buy tokens if they wanted to max out the Hub score, same goes for the content purchase points. I was very happy when they did away with that and awarded everyone the points. Despite already having all of those points myself.

Besides that I never felt affected by the Tokens. I just didn’t much stress the fact that if people wanted to be silly and waste their money on that nonsense, all the power to them. I will have the same cars and be sitting on a 20 million+ bankroll in no time just by playing the game. VIP and high difficulty bonuses along now with longer races that I like to play, do go along way albeit.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 4:29:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Swooshiain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

Agree with this 100%.

Me too. I came back to Forza after seeing the changes they made and hearing talk about having actual time trial boards again. good on you, T10!
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:11:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post

Guess it will all be Prizes for ForzaThon and Rivals and Bounties as well as Leagues but what about Mod Cards where I going to buy them from
 4 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:49:32 PM(UTC)
The tokens were a bad idea to begin with. I won't miss them.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 12:49:17 PM(UTC)
"We're getting rid of prize crates in Forza 7", "FM7 and FH4 won't have tokens"
Good riddance

1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 3:20:47 PM(UTC)
It amazes me how people can find options offensive. Key word being 'options'.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 5:54:37 PM(UTC)

Are you saying that being offended shouldn't be an option?
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 6:51:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

Are you saying that being offended shouldn't be an option?

Actually, just the opposite
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 9:22:33 PM(UTC)
But they could make that option for free, there is no need to charge for an option.

The problem then becomes that the developer tries to make a game that maximizes monetization rather than just make a good game. If people will pay to have a roadblock removed that developer put there for no other reason than to get you to spend money to have it taken away, then they have every incentive to put more of those obstacles in the game.

In the end it's just the developers making you buy back your spare time.

Let them monetize content, not my time.
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 6:48:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

Loot Crates and Premium Currency are hallmarks of mobile money-sucking ill practice that nobody wants to see in gaming in any form. Even if their implementation wasn't exploitative, they still gave the impression that Turn 10 are keeping their foot in the water. The news in the OP gives a firm statement that they want to distance themselves from those practices.

I 100% agree. And to Cracer, I'd much rather not have anything of the sort locked behind a random lottery where you're more likely to not get the one you actually want.
#20 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 7:27:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

I 100% agree. And to Cracer, I'd much rather not have anything of the sort locked behind a random lottery where you're more likely to not get the one you actually want.

Didn't say a word about them being locked behind a lottery. Just an idea of what could be inside, might fit something you have, might entice you to try a new car. Either way parts and kits still available to purchase should you choose to do so.

Notification

Icon
Error