2 Pages12Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 1:52:32 AM(UTC)
I really hope the drivatars are less intrusive and annoying in FH4 when you try to do drift zones or speed zones... In FH3 they appear wherever you are and always get in the way, its infuriating when you get a good run and a driveatar ruins the entire thing. Anyone agree?
#2 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 2:54:24 AM(UTC)
I was thinking of mostly playing online, as in the MMO-like feature with dozens of real drivers replacing drivatars, with me as a ghost, so that only traffic cars at most can interfere.

They can play Wreckfest Horizon 4 all they want, my car will be covered in ectoplasm instead of carbon fiber, and the paintjob will be so shiny you can see through it. Like I'm not even there.

Edited by user Monday, July 16, 2018 2:55:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 3:24:53 AM(UTC)
I seem to recall they said that drivatars and traffic ghost when you're in drift/speed zones.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#4 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 3:27:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkCuddlyBear Go to Quoted Post
I really hope the drivatars are less intrusive and annoying in FH4 when you try to do drift zones or speed zones... In FH3 they appear wherever you are and always get in the way, its infuriating when you get a good run and a driveatar ruins the entire thing. Anyone agree?

Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking of mostly playing online, as in the MMO-like feature with dozens of real drivers replacing drivatars, with me as a ghost, so that only traffic cars at most can interfere.

They can play Wreckfest Horizon 4 all they want, my car will be covered in ectoplasm instead of carbon fiber, and the paintjob will be so shiny you can see through it. Like I'm not even there.

Good to know that people read what is on the forums now then just for you 2 and all the others who don't bother to read all ready posted info. When in a speed zone or a drift zone all cars are ghosted so instead of running in to them you just Drift of speed strait through them. So this tiny bit of info that was posted by Jonk a Staff member of Turn 10 dose not satisfy then nothing ever will.
#5 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 3:29:26 AM(UTC)
Any drivatars that are not on your friends list will be ghosted and I believe Ti Hsien is correct about traffic cars in drift/speed zones as well.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 4:15:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
I seem to recall they said that drivatars and traffic ghost when you're in drift/speed zones.

Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post
When in a speed zone or a drift zone all cars are ghosted so instead of running in to them you just Drift of speed strait through them. So this tiny bit of info that was posted by Jonk a Staff member of Turn 10 dose not satisfy then nothing ever will.

Well, I don't recall encountering this bit of info before, so I do thank you for it. Not that I ever mentioned drift or speed zones myself - for the record I am employing my aforementioned strategy to avoid drivatars ruining the day in other contexts as well, like skill chains, speed traps, pretty much anything that isn't a race, really. If the devs give me the opportunity, I am taking it.

Edited by user Monday, July 16, 2018 4:17:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#7 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 6:03:12 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post
When in a speed zone or a drift zone all cars are ghosted so instead of running in to them you just Drift of speed strait through them. So this tiny bit of info that was posted by Jonk a Staff member of Turn 10 dose not satisfy then nothing ever will.

Well, I don't recall encountering this bit of info before, so I do thank you for it. Not that I ever mentioned drift or speed zones myself - for the record I am employing my aforementioned strategy to avoid drivatars ruining the day in other contexts as well, like skill chains, speed traps, pretty much anything that isn't a race, really. If the devs give me the opportunity, I am taking it.

I did not want you to miss out on 2 of the most frustrating parts of the game Drifting 🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮 And Speed Zones with traffic At least they learned and decided to ghost all traffic in those Zones so it wont be quite as painful
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 6:07:58 AM(UTC)
What Alan's forgetting is that I'm on his friends list...
#9 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 6:31:58 AM(UTC)
Cheers for the update! I saw through the forum but I saw nothing posted about this specifically, might have just slipped through. I am sad to hear that the driveatars will ghost, it will still be in the way somewhat visually.. Kinda wished they didn't spawn near any zones after you spend 5 minutes in the area or something. But I guess its better than nothing! Thanks :)
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 9:46:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Any drivatars that are not on your friends list will be ghosted and I believe Ti Hsien is correct about traffic cars in drift/speed zones as well.

So your friend's Drivatars won't be ghosted in Drift Zones? Well time to delete my entire friend's list. 😄

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 10:07:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The info comes from Behind Closed Door sessions where influencers met with the developers and saw the game but were not allowed to record it. TC9700Gaming reported the same info as well as a drift pad at the Festival site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bds1dI4MLU4

You may also be pleased to know that all traffic cars will be ghosted when inside of a drift zone or average speed zone - so no more pulling off an epic drift only to be thwarted by a buzzkill traffic car.

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#12 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 11:10:59 AM(UTC)
so the game is rated for kids 10 and under, awesome!!
it's amazing we managed to put up some awesome drift scores before.

Edited by user Monday, July 16, 2018 11:12:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 11:35:50 AM(UTC)
Your friends will be ghosted unless you join a convoy.
| GT: ZeroD4RK 30#3892 | Forza Support & Safety Engineer |
#14 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 11:41:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post

Do ghost cars look transparent at any distance, or is it only when they're sufficiently close? Will they be transparent when we take photos?

Edited by user Monday, July 16, 2018 11:41:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 1:42:40 PM(UTC)

Damn, I just deleted my entire friends list.. oops 😉

🇨🇦
#16 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 3:16:06 PM(UTC)
so exactly how do we do co-op with friends we just deleted to make the game more child friendly?? yes that's sarcasm!!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 5:22:04 AM(UTC)

Do ghost cars look transparent at any distance, or is it only when they're sufficiently close? Will they be transparent when we take photos?

Hopefully they're only ghosted on contact and appear fully formed otherwise.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 8:57:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

Hopefully they're only ghosted on contact and appear fully formed otherwise.

All the gameplay footage released so far shows the other cars fully formed, even showing cars get right next to each other without going transparent, so I take it they only ghost on contact.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:51:04 PM(UTC)
I do really like the autoghost feature especially for online. Only thing that concerns me is won't it make obtaining those 3 star drift and speed zones slightly easier? I enjoyed narrowly missing traffic to get them!
 3 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:44:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumerableToast Go to Quoted Post
I do really like the autoghost feature especially for online. Only thing that concerns me is won't it make obtaining those 3 star drift and speed zones slightly easier? I enjoyed narrowly missing traffic to get them!

Yep probably be too easy
And the same people complaining about the drivatards being in the way will probably be the same ones complaining they are too easy now
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:24:53 PM(UTC)
I couldn't complete all the drift zones in FH3. And Blizzard Mountain was even worse all around. I'll never complain if it's "too easy".
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:43:49 AM(UTC)

That's actually a good point. Dev build is dev build of course, but I didn't see a single traffic car whilst online in yesterday's stream. I really hope this is just a dev thing and they haven't actually omitted them.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:45:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Yep probably be too easy
And the same people complaining about the drivatards being in the way will probably be the same ones complaining they are too easy now

Definitely! Can't please some! Would be good to have the option to toggle the autoghosting for the zones on or off. I can see obtaining 3 stars being so easy if it's always on.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:49:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

That's actually a good point. Dev build is dev build of course, but I didn't see a single traffic car whilst online in yesterday's stream. I really hope this is just a dev thing and they haven't actually omitted them.

Yeah I kept thinking that too whilst watching it. Especially on the motorway. Looked odd being empty. I presume it's been implemented this way for the dev build to iron out bugs with your car and environment?
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 3:48:26 AM(UTC)
I couldn't complete all the drift zones in FH3. And Blizzard Mountain was even worse all around. I'll never complain if it's "too easy".

do them in online freeroam if you need to
there's less cars and no actual drivatards
I never completed the speed zones but that's because of my bad driving more than anything else though
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error