3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 12:09:40 PM(UTC)
Tune in to www.mixer.com/Forzamotorsport on Tuesdays in July for livestreams from Playground Games studios.

Each Tuesday stream in July will focus on a season as well as go into specific features with developer interviews.

July 10: Summer
VOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2d7CqmUHPk

July 17: Autumn
VOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WCMyxxAUP4

July 24: Winter
VOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdrvTKcDaA

July 31: Spring

Edited by user Thursday, July 26, 2018 12:20:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 12:43:48 PM(UTC)
Stupid wheelspins prizes are back and even more stupid motion graphics. Why cannot they change these dumb wheelspins and lootboxes(fm7) for e.g. sponsorship contracts for events (e.g. grid) or whatever logical for car related game?
Cars designed for driving on tarmac still can fly by hills and woods. No much differences between sports, rally, and offroad cars AGAIN. So there is no point to collect different cars and game will get boring quick, as previous instalments.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:04:17 PM(UTC)
Man tonight's stream was simply brilliant, I can't wait for next week's. Also 30 new body kits, and we finally saw that famous new Wheel Offset customization on a '91 BMW M3, which allows you to offset front and rear wheels separately, and affects performance.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:36:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:15:08 PM(UTC)
Widebody R32 GTR is coming to Horizon, the Forza Gods have answered my prayers. I cannot wait till September to build my dream ride.

http://www.eightyone81.com/wp-c...4/PANDEMR32_banner-2.jpg

Edited by user Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:19:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:20:50 PM(UTC)
Great stream tonight. The game looks just brilliant. Loads to collect as well, which scratches my OCD itch nicely, and is why I play these games for hundreds if not thousands of hours.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:34:18 PM(UTC)
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed about the livestream.
After a few minutes it was pretty clear that this is an advertising show, so positive only.
They only answered questions, who had a positive answer and most of them where already answered at E3.

I have a few questions regarding Anna for an example, but didn't even tried it.
No chance at getting an answer on these.

Regarding the game itself:

Not a fan of the UI colors (too much pink) and these really dumb emotes and outfits.
But that was clear after the introduction in FM7.
They need things to fill in wheelspins and forzathons I think.
Absolutely not interested in these things.
But I can live with that.

The game looks very beautiful, these roads with trees on both sides where its getting darker for a moment...I love that!
The cars look nearly perfect and the additional upgrade parts and body kits are very cool.
Didn't even know, that the body kit on the Skyline is already in FH3, have to try that out later.

All in all the game looks nearly perfect for me, like FH2 and FH3 too.
Only Anna ruined both for me and I expect no change on that matter.

Will buy it anyway, because the only alternative at the moment is The Crew 2.
And that game is awful, if not garbage at the current state, imo.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 4:54:45 PM(UTC)
Is there a way to watch a recording of today’s (July 10) livestream now?

EDIT: NVM. Link right at the top of the page. *slaps own forehead*

Edited by user Tuesday, July 10, 2018 4:55:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 4:55:53 PM(UTC)
The VOD link is in the first post of the thread.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 4:56:42 PM(UTC)
^^^^ lol thx yeah edited (embarrassingly) my original post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:00:50 PM(UTC)
Looked like more horizon goodness
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 11:22:29 PM(UTC)
Amazing looking game.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 2:05:01 AM(UTC)
Thanks for sharing. I noticed a lot of customization options for your driver, but it's seriously lacking tweed & kilts :D

Keep the hype up, can't wait for the playable demo!
Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:03:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ToranBlackwater Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for sharing. I noticed a lot of customization options for your driver, but it's seriously lacking tweed & kilts :D

Keep the hype up, can't wait for the playable demo!

They said there will be tartan skirts, aka kilts! ;)

2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 5:23:37 AM(UTC)
Of course, the game looks fantastic, the cars look great, and the driving illustration appeared right on par.

But… (you knew that was coming, didn’t you?)

I realize the Horizon Franchise is usually rated “E” for Everyone, but does anyone know the true Target Audience? I thought it a bit much when I saw the guy in the pink mini-skirt (the black looked much better with his ensemble). But when I saw the chicken suit, my expectations plummeted.

Kind of like FM7… I always thought the MotorSports Series was for the true hard-core racers… But then they introduced the SnowMan Driver Gear.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 9:31:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post

I realize the Horizon Franchise is usually rated “E” for Everyone, but does anyone know the true Target Audience? I thought it a bit much when I saw the guy in the pink mini-skirt (the black looked much better with his ensemble). But when I saw the chicken suit, my expectations plummeted.

Kind of like FM7… I always thought the MotorSports Series was for the true hard-core racers… But then they introduced the SnowMan Driver Gear.

I'm not sure why having a sense of humour is incompatible with being a hard-core racer. All the driver gear is daft fluff, but it's good light-hearted fun that doesn't affect the racing at all. I like that these are in the games, and I'm... well, let's just say I'm not a kid.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:58:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Swooshiain Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure why having a sense of humour is incompatible with being a hard-core racer. All the driver gear is daft fluff, but it's good light-hearted fun that doesn't affect the racing at all. I like that these are in the games, and I'm... well, let's just say I'm not a kid.

Well, to each his/her own... But to me, if they wanted to add humor, they could do it through some clever billboard signs, graffiti, or on the radio... But the Chicken/Snowman suits are just... well... silly.

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 12:47:21 PM(UTC)
I agree on the ridiculous stuff not belonging. I of course dont have to use them but half the people will only be racing (ramming) against me wearing chicken suits and having clown horns.
It also sets a precedent that Forza games can become goofy.
Perhaps next we'll get spinner wheels and donks. We already have hot wheels cars.
I suppose variety is something to be embraced.. and then just establish crews where you have to dress in tweed haha
#18 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 3:11:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Man tonight's stream was simply brilliant, I can't wait for next week's.

Same here, I really like how open the communication of this game has been so far. These streams are great for somebody like me who's more interested in options, features and menus, things that can't easily be "sold" with a trailer.

I hope to see some 60fps footage soon; I don't think I've come across any so far.

Edited by user Friday, July 13, 2018 3:13:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

Casual Racing Mondays
(Forza Horizon 5 PvP: Every Week) • Livery DesignsYouTube
#19 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 4:37:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
These streams are great for somebody like me who's more interested in options, features and menus, things that can't easily be "sold" with a trailer.

To me it's more of an anticipation of the things one is reasonably expected to do once the game is out: chasing sheep, a couple of singe player races, driving from house to house, customizing this and that, rampaging through the countryside, cruising down the road, failing to win a Lamborghini Centenario on a Wheelspin and getting no more than 5000 credits instead...

If they intend to continue with that - besides their obvious need to show how seasons affect environment and gameplay - I believe it's not unreasonable for me to expect the following streams to show, say, the Horizon Festival, buying a car, buying a house, multiplayer free roam and races, the new #Forzathon, more new customization things, the new custom races, and of course this new Horizon Life we haven't seen yet.

Trailers typically show what the cars can do, it's about time we get to see what the players can do.

Edited by user Friday, July 13, 2018 4:40:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 3:03:46 PM(UTC)
Anyonespot those "0/11 car masteries bought" menu item? What's that about then
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 5:04:48 AM(UTC)
Tuesday, July 17 - 11am Pacific

"Make sure to join us later today at 19:00 BST/11:00 PST for our second #ForzaHorizon4 livestream from @WeArePlayground. This week we're taking a look at Autumn and showing off even more gameplay, events plus chatting with the devs! Watch on Forza channels on Mixer/Twitch/YouTube."
https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/1019203632271634432

Starts 5 hours from now.
https://time.is/Redmond,_Washington
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 10:19:36 AM(UTC)
July 17 Highlights:
- Map shown. Menu options show a Treasure Map.
- Hovercraft Showcase event shown, the rest will be revealed near launch
- Shared World experience:
autoghosts ensures no griefing by strangers
same ghost system for traffic cars in drift zones
no loading screen or delay when going online
switching to Horizon Solo will populate Drivatars
online Photo Mode, with rewards
assign 4 out of the many QuickChat phrases for quick non-verbal communication
- My Horizon Life menu shown, allowing leveling up for Photography and other types of events
- Forzathon Live has 3 stages sequential difficulty in a 15 minute window; earns Points to spend in the Forzathon Shop
- Skills and Skill Songs return, though Skill Songs are triggered in a new way
- Highway and Offroad Adventure Park shown
- Ambient sounds include accurate regional birds
- Behind- the-scenes tech calculates where water collects throughout the FH4 world, so that trees in more moist areas are healthier than in dry areas
- Road cars are more affected by offroad surfaces than in previous Horizon games, giving a different sense of feel between road and offroad vehicles

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Edited by user Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:00:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:04:53 AM(UTC)
The new #Forzathon at last. I like that you can switch cars during it, now I want to see the related store and what you can buy.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:14:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:07:28 AM(UTC)
Hi Everybody,

i'm a little confused regarding the autumn streaming.
i have the feeling that championships event (3 or 4 races in FH2 and FH3) disapeared.
I saw only single races (exhibition races).

What do you you thinj about it ? Any information ?
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:41:03 AM(UTC)
Did anyone watching those streams notice if they've tuned a car so far? Just wanted to ask in case they did, if somebody observed how the PI system behaves (are tyres still being punished with loads of PI points?)
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error