This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:55:54 AM(UTC)
Hi guys, is there any information about wheel support for Forza Horizon 4 ? I got a Fanatec CSL Elite (Xbox version) but play on the PC (don't own an Xbox). This game has peaked my interest but only if i can play with my wheel. If they're going to release driving games on the PC then they should surely have proper wheel support as many wheel owners would jump at the chance to play Horizon 4.
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:14:26 PM(UTC)
Presumably this official list of compatible peripherals for FM7 will be the same for FH4 but the announcement typically comes at or after gamescom which will be late August this year.

Originally Posted by: SOY Go to Quoted Post
Currently Compatible Peripherals

Below you will find a list of compatible peripherals supported by Forza Motorsport on Windows 10 PCs. On Xbox One, Forza Motorsport 7 supports all wheels currently support by Xbox One.

Controllers
Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller
Microsoft Xbox One S/X Controller
Sony Dual Shock 4

Wheels
Fanatec CSR
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec ClubSport V2
Fanatec ClubSport V1
Fanatec CSL
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
Logitech G29
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech G27
Logitech MOMO
Logitech G920
Thrustmaster RGT
Thrustmaster T100
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
Thrustmaster T300 RS
Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T150 Pro
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
Thrustmaster TX 458
Thrustmaster TX Leather
Thrustmaster 458 Spider
Thrustmaster TMX
Thrustmaster TMX Pro
Thrustmaster TS-Xbox
Mad Catz Pro

#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:40:40 PM(UTC)
I hope your right, that sort of support would be great along with proper multi-threading, i only got a ryzen 7 so single core performance ain't that good :)
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 4:46:11 AM(UTC)
Hey developers of Forza. Today i wondered if i was gonna buy a steering wheel to the upcoming Forza Horizon 4, so.. can you use the: Logitech Momo Force racing steering wheel and pedals? I really want to get one because i wanna practice my driving until im 18 and i can take my license with knowing alot about driving.

Dear, Vilmer
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:42:51 AM(UTC)
I probably wouldn't get a logitech momo, that wheel is old and outdated. If you want something decent you're probably better off getting a thrustmaster wheel.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:45:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 9:40:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AceRain3047705 Go to Quoted Post
Hey developers of Forza. Today i wondered if i was gonna buy a steering wheel to the upcoming Forza Horizon 4, so.. can you use the: Logitech Momo Force racing steering wheel and pedals? I really want to get one because i wanna practice my driving until im 18 and i can take my license with knowing alot about driving.

Dear, Vilmer

Just get some real lessons, get friends and family who are able and happy to let you drive their car to take you out.

You won't get any real driving experience in this particular game, wheel or no wheel.

#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 9:40:41 AM(UTC)

Dear, Vilmer
If you had read Maxes list in this thread you would see that the Momo is listed. I actually have one of those sitting on my back porch, still NIB. I had one break and sent it back for warranty. Before the new one was delivered I bought a G25 and have never taken the Momo out of the box.

User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 9:57:19 PM(UTC)

Dear, Vilmer

If you want to Practice driving a Thrustmaster wheel with Pedals Like the TMX pro is a nice entry level wheel and You really want to be looking at PC for Driving Lessons not Horizon there are some quite good Learn to Drive Programs on the PC that will teach you most of the road rules and Basics of driving with out Dying Just search Driving in the Steam Library
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:23:33 AM(UTC)
During fh3 I used the thrust master 458 spider racing wheel, as soon as I started using I noticed it was very jittery and made the game almost unplayable on the wheel, I looked online and found many people with the same problem. When fm7 came out I was eager to find out how the wheel would work on it and to my surprise it worked great!

I am hoping that fh4 has the same support that fm7 did but I want to know if anything was done to fix the issue in fh4.

P.s. I have altered the steering settings as much as possible but to no avail.
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 7:33:19 AM(UTC)
Hi, can you use the logitech g920 steering wheel in Forza horizon 4? I just want to know so i can buy it. (If i can)
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:03:33 AM(UTC)
Hi, can you use the logitech g920 steering wheel in Forza horizon 4? I just want to know so i can buy it. (If i can)

Yes, the g920 is supported. And on the PC, basically anything with a USB and input device is supported in Forza Horizon 4 (as with FM7).

Forza Horizon 4 also features a totally new Force Feedback system. The force is now calculated using the alignment torque generated at the contact patch, combining both mechanical and pneumatic trail on all surfaces. As a result of this, altering the suspension setup results in force feedback changes. For example, increasing castor angle increases the mechanical trail of the contact patch resulting more steering alignment force in the force feedback.

Edited by user Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:04:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 11:30:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Forza Horizon 4 also features a totally new Force Feedback system.

Is it new compared to FM7, or new compared to FH3?
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 11:59:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sentenza1591 Go to Quoted Post

It's new compared to both, but closer to FM7's implementation than FH3.
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 3:07:47 PM(UTC)

I really hope it's better than Horizon 3....the steering was my big issue with Horizon 3. It was better than Horizon 2 but I was never able to get it as precise as FM7. With a very nice racing set-up ( all Fanatec ) it never handled as I would have liked. It always felt quite sluggish to me at 540 degrees. I played around a bunch with the settings but was never as pleased as I was with Forza 7. Now FM7 was not perfect but I did enjoy it a lot so hoping to an updated FM7 feel😃
#15 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 10:24:02 PM(UTC)
Hey!

I was just wondering if you can be able to use the logitech g920 steering wheel? Its just i wanna have a steering wheel so i dont miss fh4 ultimate edition!!
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 2:01:36 AM(UTC)
In short yes.

The answer hasn't changed in the last 5 days since you asked this question & were answered by a member of the T10 team
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 3:18:10 AM(UTC)
All new FFB you say? Now I'm interested.
#18 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 3:20:07 AM(UTC)

Also @JONK1969 will FM7 be receiving the new FFB? I know it's wishful thinking.
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 2:50:05 PM(UTC)
Any news on whether the Fanatec handbrake can map to the e-brake function on the Xbox one version, it’s not currently supported on Xbox FH3 and is on Xbox FM7
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 8:18:28 PM(UTC)

Yes, the g920 is supported. And on the PC, basically anything with a USB and input device is supported in Forza Horizon 4 (as with FM7).

Forza Horizon 4 also features a totally new Force Feedback system. The force is now calculated using the alignment torque generated at the contact patch, combining both mechanical and pneumatic trail on all surfaces. As a result of this, altering the suspension setup results in force feedback changes. For example, increasing castor angle increases the mechanical trail of the contact patch resulting more steering alignment force in the force feedback.

How about my Microsoft 360 wheel that is collecting dust? PC Support? I should not have to buy what I already have since it works on other PC games like Dirt with no problem.. Probably not the best wheel but it's a wheel.

Edited by user Saturday, August 11, 2018 8:19:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 3:05:32 AM(UTC)

YES
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:03:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post

How about my Microsoft 360 wheel that is collecting dust? PC Support? I should not have to buy what I already have since it works on other PC games like Dirt with no problem.. Probably not the best wheel but it's a wheel.

Since you have PC download the demo for Forza 7 OR Um arr APEX or even Horizon 3 demo and see if it works on them as it is just a Different type of Xbox 360 controller I would have to say yes it will

May even try it my self just need to find the Dongle for the 360 I do have it some where now just to find some where
#23 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 8:57:32 AM(UTC)
Doesn't work. I've tired. I have the 360 Dongle. They once said they may allow it but that was like 2 years ago.

Edited by user Monday, August 20, 2018 8:58:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 5:34:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post

Since you have PC download the demo for Forza 7 OR Um arr APEX or even Horizon 3 demo and see if it works on them as it is just a Different type of Xbox 360 controller I would have to say yes it will

May even try it my self just need to find the Dongle for the 360 I do have it some where now just to find some where

Doesn't work. I've tired. I have the 360 Dongle. They once said they may allow it but that was like 2 years ago.

Oh it dose work I have the 360 Wireless wheel all you do is go in to Custom set up for a controller and do the mapping is pretty strait forward I was happily bashing around the test track on the PC in Forza 7using a 360 Wireless Wheel you just need to do the mapping and download the software from Microsoft for the controllers for 360 Win7 is as high as it goes but works fine on WIN 10

So Testing done and the Microsoft 360 Wireless Wheel Will work on PC for Forza Games as long as you do the custom mapping for it.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:39:34 PM(UTC)
Turn 10,
i have a huge compaint...
i have to be honest first, i was stoked to play fh4 with my wheel but then i got so dissapointed again...
I have to say that the feeling of the steering with a steering wheel is so floppy and all over the place, i cant control the car properly, i dont feel the grip in my wheel. When im taking a long bend with a high speed it just starts sliding with no feeling when..
And then there is drifting... Its to unstable, there are games like Life For speed you can hold you steering wheel almost at one place and just manage the throttle a little and im drifting... And thats a hardcore simulator... Please... Make me and a lot of other gamers happy and fix that unstable drift feeling and make your game great again...
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error